MetalDeath

[Game-breaking] [Bug] Broken/Stuck Doors (Main Thread)

Getting the same issue. Seems to affect random doors, since in one mission we got to terminal 2 before finding a broken door, while in another we failed before we got to terminal 1

Can confirm.

I managed to complete the sortie by doing it as a host alone while everyone was stuck in front of that door. Then for extraction, everyone had to kill themself so I could extract because the exit was behind that door.

• Upvote 1

Can confirm.  3rd time I've run the mission, 3rd time it has happened.  Going to try it solo now.

• Upvote 1

Host and mobs pass through it effortlessly, but on client side it doesn't look like it opens at all. Collision is still there, but a little messed up. When I shoot the door bullet holes appear, and it acts like a wall. If you jump into the upper portion of the door and hold forward, you float in midair, so I think the collision is trying to do something, but messed up. Also, Nova's wormhole doesn't fix it. (I wasn't host when I tried this though) 

I had this twice now. First time it was in a sabotage mission where you got to plug something in to a terminal second time was in a mobile defense mission. It might be something to do with that?

Just happened to me too 3 times in a row for the daily sortie's mobile def part so had to quit every single time... It's unbearable.

Posted (edited)

Also just got the same thing, managed to find a way to extract, but stage one of the sortie does not register the completion.

Edited by DarthKaan12
spellcheck

This bug is in literally every Grineer Galleon mission and sometimes in others (Mars, Jupiter) and worst of all in all three sortie missions today.

Unconventional workaround: The host uses Loki, and uses his 3 to teleport teammates past the door.

To guarantee being host: Change region/ping settings to a far away region (if you're in North America make it Europe, for example) and ping limit to a low number like 100. This will guarantee you won't get any teammates and you can be in public alone. Once inside, change your region and ping limit, letting people join you.

Once you inevitably reach the bugged door, you can use Switch Teleport to let your teammates in.

Have just seen this in the Exploiter Orb mission in Vallis. The first door on leaving Deck 12 would not open for a late joiner.

Leaving the squad (for the late joiner) and re-inviting failed as we had passed an objective marker.

• Upvote 1

have had this happen twice so far, both times on the grineer galleon tile set (Pacific on Earth was the most recent one). Both times host can move through the door, it just won't open for clients.

If host is playing nova, can place a wormhole through the door as a workaround, but yeah... pretty darn annoying

• Upvote 2

And it's not the "other people can go through it" issue. It actually keeps its orange lights and nobody can go through it. Nice move.

Had it happen twice. First time we were all stuck behind the door except the host... 2nd time I was the host and able to go through and everyone else had to kill themselves before it would start counting down.

• Upvote 1

Door still stuck I guess no fix until the weekend is over I really think something this big should be showing in Q/A its a show stopper and now I'm off to play other games as will many thousands of other players due to this.

• Upvote 1

I had this problem too, playing frost and garuda

not all missions but got really lucky, I had to abort 4 of 5 missions because of this bug.

only one player can pass through the door while the other 3 get stuck.

• Upvote 1

Three times in a row this has happened in Invasion  missions. On the second mission this happened on, it let three of us complete it with one at the extraction. This time the third person that made it through the door is just messing with us and not sitting in extraction, even after the timer had hit 20 seconds once

• Upvote 1

I was just in a Nightmare mission, Rescue. Node is Metis, Jupiter.

We couldn't exit the rescue room after getting the hostage because the door wouldn't open. Even for me, and I was the host (usually the host can go through). I managed to use Loki's 3 to swap with an enemy on the other side, then bring my teammates over, but if I hadn't had Loki then we wouldn't have been able to complete the mission at all. This needs fixing asap, it's happening on more and more missions.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Tried three times, only succeeded because someone joined after the Host had gone through the door but essentially 2-3 of us could not get through a door that the host had sailed through. Monsters still using it okay. This was right at the start.

Mission is Titan: Saturn, Sabotage. Conditions: Augmented enemy armour.

Edited by eldelphia

Posted (edited)

So I've seen people posting this bug over the years, but it seems WAY more prominent nowadays than anything. I've had about 20 missions where a door was green and could obviously be opened as it was our path to the objective and it just gets stuck and therefore the mission can't be completed unless the host leaves (which is unfortunate for the host because they have to forfeit their time and rewards so others can complete a mission). I'll start taking screenshots of when it happens and try and post them but those 20 missions that i've run were all in ONE day. Yeah, ONE day. So does anyone else seem to notice this is becoming more problematic? Or is it just me?

EDIT: Forget to include that this seems to happen more frequently when an objective has been completed (ie. a vault was opened, kuva siphon destroyed, mobile defense completed you get my point)

EDIT 2: Good to see I'm not alone in this, I've asked those who do have this issue to include a date when they started to really notice it affected their play. Mine was as of the most recent Equinox release Update 24.5.8. Players note that these mainly occur on grineer galleons but have also attributed the problem to Jupiter (note that on Jupiter it seems to affect everyone including the host so the mission is FUBAR).

EDIT 3: okay, it seems that the idea that this bug only affects Grineer is out the door (pun intended). As a lot of people on this thread and a few others are reporting that corpus are also affected. Rejoice though friends! Loki's switch teleport seems to be able to get you through the doors! However, with all good solutions there is a caveat, you MUST be host and be playing loki in order to switch them through the door.

Edited by BtheLee
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, HypoTherm said:

Have just seen this in the Exploiter Orb mission in Vallis. The first door on leaving Deck 12 would not open for a late joiner.

Leaving the squad (for the late joiner) and re-inviting failed as we had passed an objective marker.

It feels like this bug is getting worse every day instead of being fixed. I never had an issue in Vallis or PoE till now.