CrazyDarkSonic

POE enemy detection and Tusk Thumper disappearing

Spending some time farming those new enemies, but I have the impression the enemies in the plains are now extremely annoying, they detect me from rly far away(like 100m) and it's litteraly impossible to have a break from fighting while scanning and hunting animals. Those are just the normal grinner, add the ghouls and you really can't stay in one spot to relax.
I don't remember them being this sensible before the update.

Also, for some reason, 3 of my encounters with the new Thumpers enemies(1 was a doma in high lvl), they just disappeared from the map, not like, jumping far away or dying, at some point in the middle of the fight, they just puff out of existence. Do they have a timer to kill?

• Like 1

same problem here... T4 bounty, Doma Thumper spawns. i hit it for 5+min doing minimal damage with my Tiberon with riven. Then Ghouls spawn. I kill the Ghouls using Mesas 4 turn back to the Thumper and its gone... super annoying. and not th first that just disappeared 😕

I keep getting disappearing thumpers too.
Incredibly annoying after they keep pounding the ground, and hide their 4th leg constantly.

Then suddenly, they jump away, and 'poof'.
Magician's trick: Thumper's gone.

Quite a feat, to make something so big, disappear into thin air.
After several times, you start grinding your teeth to dust.
As all they needed, was 1 more shot...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So this disappearing thing is some sort of bug or we just don't know some secret mechanics to prevent the damn thing vanishing into the air ?

Edited by Olian1

same here, just farming and some of them just randomly despawn... its so annoying.

Same here. Got thumper down to sliver of health today and then *poof*... he was gone. And not because he died.

So the patch was supposed to fix the disappearing, but i just had 2/3 disappear on me after the patch, this still isn't fixed

Posted (edited)

I had them disappeared on me too. But I found that it might be a mechanism that despawn them when they don't see you engaging them or for me it's taking too long to kill it. I used Octavia's mallet to trigger it to think it's being engaged while being invisible. It usually disappear after a while when I'm invisible.

Edited by sneakerlover

Still experiencing disappearing tusk thumpers, post-fix.

Not really time related; they go down pretty decently.
Just fighting them as usual.
then they jump to another spot, and 'poof'...
Some smoke effects linger for a second, where the big guy just disappeared.

Four thumpers today. One died ok but the other 3 just disappeared after a couple of minutes when I got them to about 1/4 health. I thought this bug was fixed! Or is this by design? Is there some insane time limit on killing thumpers now?

I have since done 2 more thumpers without problem. I think the issue is that you need to keep close to them at all times. If you back off a bit too far (no idea what the critical distance is but I would guess about 100 metres scaled) I think it just decides nothing is happening so it goes away. At least that's my theory for now.

Edited by Scarberius
updated info

Two times they vanish that I've noticed:

Near the edge of the map, they can jump off the map and they will vanish.

Night.