CrazyDarkSonic

POE enemy detection and Tusk Thumper disappearing

Spending some time farming those new enemies, but I have the impression the enemies in the plains are now extremely annoying, they detect me from rly far away(like 100m) and it's litteraly impossible to have a break from fighting while scanning and hunting animals. Those are just the normal grinner, add the ghouls and you really can't stay in one spot to relax.
I don't remember them being this sensible before the update.

Also, for some reason, 3 of my encounters with the new Thumpers enemies(1 was a doma in high lvl), they just disappeared from the map, not like, jumping far away or dying, at some point in the middle of the fight, they just puff out of existence. Do they have a timer to kill?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

same problem here... T4 bounty, Doma Thumper spawns. i hit it for 5+min doing minimal damage with my Tiberon with riven. Then Ghouls spawn. I kill the Ghouls using Mesas 4 turn back to the Thumper and its gone... super annoying. and not th first that just disappeared ūüėē

• Haha 1

I keep getting disappearing thumpers too.
Incredibly annoying after they keep pounding the ground, and hide their 4th leg constantly.

Then suddenly, they jump away, and 'poof'.
Magician's trick: Thumper's gone.

Quite a feat, to make something so big, disappear into thin air.
After several times, you start grinding your teeth to dust.
As all they needed, was 1 more shot...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had also the thumper vanishing several times, in mid fight...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So this disappearing thing is some sort of bug or we just don't know some secret mechanics to prevent the damn thing vanishing into the air ?

Edited by Olian1
  • Haha 1

same here, just farming and some of them just randomly despawn... its so annoying.

• Haha 1

Same here. Got thumper down to sliver of health today and then *poof*... he was gone. And not because he died.

• Haha 1

So the patch was supposed to fix the disappearing, but i just had 2/3 disappear on me after the patch, this still isn't fixed

• Haha 1

Also having the issue of being spotted from 80+ meters away, and they seem to be more accurate at long range as well.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I had them disappeared on me too. But I found that it might be a mechanism that despawn them when they don't see you engaging them or for me it's taking too long to kill it. I used Octavia's mallet to trigger it to think it's being engaged while being invisible. It usually disappear after a while when I'm invisible.

Edited by sneakerlover
  • Haha 1

Still experiencing disappearing tusk thumpers, post-fix.

Not really time related; they go down pretty decently.
Just fighting them as usual.
then they jump to another spot, and 'poof'...
Some smoke effects linger for a second, where the big guy just disappeared.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Four thumpers today. One died ok but the other 3 just disappeared after a couple of minutes when I got them to about 1/4 health. I thought this bug was fixed! Or is this by design? Is there some insane time limit on killing thumpers now?

I have since done 2 more thumpers without problem. I think the issue is that you need to keep close to them at all times. If you back off a bit too far (no idea what the critical distance is but I would guess about 100 metres scaled) I think it just decides nothing is happening so it goes away. At least that's my theory for now.

Edited by Scarberius
updated info
  • Haha 1

Two times they vanish that I've noticed:

Near the edge of the map, they can jump off the map and they will vanish.

Night.

Posted (edited)

5% and 2.5% drop rate AND they can just jump into thin air! poof! smh not very fun when it happens

Edited by .Archetype.
  • Haha 1

Trying to farm for Korrudo blueprint, and the magical Tusk Thumper Doma is still doing the disappearing act.

You'll be amazed! You'll be astounded! You'll be confounded! Watch the magically mysterious tusk thumper doma disappear when it's almost dead! Don't worry about not getting the loot, the drop rate for Korruda is so abysmal the freakin Doma may as well just disappear anyway.

• Haha 1

On 2019-04-10 at 6:33 PM, Olian1 said:

So this disappearing thing is some sort of bug or we just don't know some secret mechanics to prevent the damn thing vanishing into the air ?

It's a bug. A few patches ago we could literally follow a thumper, while he was bunny hopping around the map and none disappeared.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Still a problem with stealth hunting for me while using Ivara. Had 2 Thumpers in a row disappear after destroying 3 legs. Had them marked to track them, and can verify they just vanished off the map.

Edited by DaftMeat

Posted (edited)

Almost killed a bounty 5 doma by myself, suddenly vanished!!!! 

That was for the nightwave!!

Edited by modalmojo

It happened twice in a row!!!!  Almost killed doma, then it just vanished in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having the same problem. Maybe just better to give up on this particular challenge, because accomplishing it is too much of a lucky longshot.

Trying to clarify some of the reproduction steps on our end. 

- Are you in a squad, or solo? 
- Are the other members of your squad fighting the Thumper at the same time? 
- Where are you when the Thumper disappears? (approximately how far away) 
- What are you using? (archwing, invisibility frame, etc)
- Is it only when Ghouls are present?

Any other information you can provide that would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

- Solo, always solo.

- No other squad members and no specters.

- Thumper was about 20-30 meters away (i was in a doorway of one of those tents where you get new bounties and stuff. And was looking/aiming at the thumper at the time.

- I was using the basic rhino frame and arca plasmor (archwing in my inventory but not in use).

- No ghouls or other grineer present.

The first disappearance, I was in "Invite Only" mode, only by myself.

The second disappearance, I was in "Public" mode.

In both disappearances, I used Wukong (used all abilities), Thumper Doma was within 20 meters, no ghouls.

In Public mode, not all team mates were fighting Thumper Doma.

Thanks.

I've had thumpers disappear both in a group and in solo.  I can't specifically remember the distance from the players, but as far as I remember it always seemed to happen when the thumper was jumping away from the player.  It could also just be bad luck, but it seemed to happen to me more more frequently on rougher terrain.  As far as I can remember, ghouls were not always present during instances where thumpers would disappear.