Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Derelict Explorafun: Feedback, Suggestion, Glitch Report

Kinperor

General opinion about the tile set: It's ok. I just don't know what to tell you, I like the visuals and the theme of decay, but it reminds me bad things. Namely, the Demon Ruins in Dark Souls, including Dragon &#! Hell.  (I didn't like that area perso, but that's another game)

I also don't like the stability issues. I barely could complete any run without crashing (how I could host a whole Golem run is a miracle). Otherwise I really like all the sweet spots of loot. 

Dunno what else to say really. What I do know is that there are issues. Oh boy, are there. But we can start by fixing those:

#7 TBF: Collision issue.

1379353830-terrain-glitch-collision-issu            Speaks for itself. Normally, chicken can't go knee-deep in wood.

Hope that helps you guys. I would snap more shots, but I have a hard time playing in the Derelicts because of the crashing issues, something I hope you are working on.  

Another thing I'd like to add: Will you add anything to make it worth my time to visit the Derelict? Cause right now, with Nekros building, I don't see a reason to go back. 

EDIT: The reported problems that were fixed has been removed (1 through 11). 

Edited by Kinperor

#12 TBF: Weird lighting effects.

xPr7HvF.jpg

This happens only in this single area, when you walk through the hole. It happens both on host and client (client can see the same thing). Affects enemies as well.

iFedD5O.jpg

4nGjATa.jpg

#13 TBF: Glowing reflective surface

Z7vrzNq.jpg

Glows like so in all angles. The room itself is pretty dark so it doesn't make much sense.

#14 TBF: Part of wall un-runnable

1b6duvI.jpg

Red shows where you can't/will have difficulty wallrunning vertically. It just won't all you for some reason. However, in the green part, it's can easily be run on. Other parts of the wall around this area seemingly works fine.

#15 TBF: Golem poison bombs floating

bRDIUrQ.jpg

Happens occasionally. They stay there for most of the fight, without exploding.

#16 TBF: Player Trap - Parkour Room

You can not escape this unless you are Ash or Loki (that is if you are trapped there and one of these frames). Switch Teleport did not work to free him.

kogoMHJ.jpg

And a bit wider angle to give a better view:

jwnjyVI.jpg

In respect to #1 TBF, that is not the only place it happens. They are those destructable crates, for some reason textures don't load for them sometimes.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

I know they aren't unique, I try to report those that I see. And generally speaking, when I see one texture-less, it will be texture less all the time. There's one container for instance that is always texture less in one of the Orokin Void vault. Can't remember if I reported it tho... 

Until a designer tells me otherwise, I'm assuming it's relevant to this thread. 

I know they aren't unique, I try to report those that I see. And generally speaking, when I see one texture-less, it will be texture less all the time. There's one container for instance that is always texture less in one of the Orokin Void vault. Can't remember if I reported it tho... 

Until a designer tells me otherwise, I'm assuming it's relevant to this thread. 

Ok. I was just clarifying as you titled it 'Wierd Shadow'. Anyway, I would say it is relevant to the thread too.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

Ok. I was just clarifying as you titled it 'Wierd Shadow'. Anyway, I would say it is relevant to the thread too.

Weird shadow is the generic term I use for that kind of glitch, be it on 'frames, walls, containers. 

My game keeps crashing i cant even make it to the end of a single mission. How do i fix this and does anyone else have this problem.

We'd need more details on the crash. I heard some people fixed their problem by un-checking Directx11 or something and checking the multi-thread in the launcher's setting. Haven't tried myself, but that could help.

Plenty of reason for you to go back to the Derelict, Kinperor: NEURODES!

They drop there far better than on Earth, and in my experiences, better than Eris too (while the mobs are a heck of a lot weaker than Eris).

I'm rolling in almost every mats that the Derelict gives really. Except maybe cells (it drops that, right?), but even those I'm starting to get in quantities with Ruk speed runs. 

The credit rewards for the standard derelict missions seem weak to cover the cost to even make the key and to buy the key blueprint. This is after full exploration containers and carrier vacuuming any credit enemies.

They are not remotely as rewarding as even t1 voids. So being a credit sink seems unwarranted.

Edited by Firetempest

just enter a secret room and i can't go out , finding for exit for an hour and i finally quit game.waste me all 2 nav coord i got

the exit is at the place where i jump down from outside

need to climb the tree at the high place while wall jump can't access from inside

not sure wall jum get bug

sometime it totally not work at all

only feel this game wasting me time after spend an hour trap inside a room and get nothing

Edited by IanLai

Um, do you have a better description of the room? Or better, a picture?

Were you pushed back to stairs by some wind effect? 

The credit rewards for the standard derelict missions seem weak to cover the cost to even make the key and to buy the key blueprint. This is after full exploration containers and carrier vacuuming any credit enemies.

They are not remotely as rewarding as even t1 voids. So being a credit sink seems unwarranted.

That is a good point.

I would also like to point out that I don't think Survival in the derelict has any rewards (baring the loot we got). It'd be nice to have a reward for those.

I'm not saying it could be Forma, but I am implying it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More reports:

General issue with the tileset: I've been noticing that the treasure rooms (formerly known as the vaults to me) are incredibly lackluster, without mentioning the fan room which has issues (more on that latter). I had an idea to make those interesting: First, give them a single assured rare drop for cell or neurode, with a slight chance for more (that's a straightforward addition that makes the rooms much more worthy of the player's time).

Second, make them drop increased Mutagen Samples (straightforward change again).

Finally, add a slight chance to spawn an additional Dragon Vault: I think it would make the parkour worth the running, reward sidetracking and throw a bones to single player who now have better odds of finding their keys in a derelict run. I think this last change is thematically strong (the parkour is now blocking the access to something cool, instead of some containers) and gives a lot more value to the parkours easily. Whether more than 2 vaults can spawn at a time is another matter I guess. 

Fan room: I've taken issue for some reasons with this room: First, the fan bottom that serves to return to the beginning is too prone to trapping the players on roots and trees, consider making the players float in the middle of the tunnel instead of anywhere close to the sides. The 'wind' effect should help make the wind tunnel more streamlined, if you ask my opinion.

Second, there is too many lasers IMO, especially with the stealth buff they seemingly had at some point. I suggest keeping the lasers that are in place, but make them light up randomly and not all at once. This way, there's still a risk, and the room is a bit less predictable.

I wish I had more to say on it, but I'd really need some pictures to keep this from becoming an essay. I think the two changes above would make the fan room far more enjoyable, at the very least.

Reports:

#29 TBF: Odd light. (To be verified)

1382383349-light-glitch-odd-light-orokin            Speaks for itself. I am not sure if it needs replicating, but I see it all the time on the defense tile.

#36 TBF: Invisible wall in middle of room. (To be verified)

1382383365-terrain-glitch-invisible-wall            Around the area inside the bright-red squares, there's some kind of invisible wall that stopped me from jumping from the dark-red area to where my Ember is located.

#37 TBC: Teleporter shenanigan. (To be verified by Carp)

1382383366-terrain-glitch-teleporter-she            Not sure if this one is intended: when you jump in the red square area, you are teleported back like if you fell in a ravine. The whole root seems to behave this way if you touch it for some reasons, but that's the most blatant area.

EDIT: Reports culled (26 through 37).

Edited by Kinperor

That kind of feedback doesn't help. We don't know what you don't like, we don't know what design you're talking about (how it's done or how it looks).

And above all, don't use my reports to justify your bashing. These are actually meant to improve the tileset not, say "Durr, tileset iz bad". FYI, my other Explorafun features just as much (if not more) reports, the number of bugs reported doesn't mean jack.

Edited by Kinperor

More reports, hopefully you can look into these before the Humpdate, specifically those four reports. Reason is, they're small fixes/changes that can be done easily to improve the defense map:

#41 TBF: Square puddle.

1382468253-terrain-glitch-square-puddle-            Speaks for itself. The problem is pretty similar to #23, only at a slightly different place.

EDIT: Reports culled (40 through 42). 

Edited by Kinperor

Just a note for the level designers:  for a LOT of the rooms some of the 'tree' parts are literally missing atm.  Some cases it's just anethetics, but in other cases the missing tree bit makes it impossible to get to certain areas...or back out of them (namely secret areas).

I'll see about posting some screenshot examples later, but I wont' post all incidents of them as there's so many.  It's like some model assets were accidently deleted in a recent patch.

Sorry for the delay, but here’s the examples I was going to post.  Just examples, as I said before, because there’s far too many to post…so I’m just pointing out some of the major ones.

*removed* since they are now fixed due to last patch.

Edited by Slaskia

Took me longer than expected to get to this but I finally had a chance to pass over it. Here's the list:

1: Fixed, had to remove containers from that zone, placed them elsewhere

2: CNR, room should behave better after a couple of tweaks the designer did

3: Fixed; removed blocking wall

4: Fixed; the AI interaction placed here was causing chargers to barf their animation queue, replaced AI action with something more appropriate

5: CNR, was probably fixed already

6: CNR, I have checked the cubemap on the water used here and it looks fine, still got it? What spec, dx9/dx11?

7: Reported to Art for optimization, Ethyr should have this fixed soon

8: Was fixed already

9: Fixed

10: Fixed

11: CNR, but fixed some stuff poking out regardless

12: CNR, still got it? What spec, dx9/dx11?

13: Room was pulled from current set

14: CNR

15: CNR

16: Fixed

17: Fixed, made passage wider

18: Fixed, UV mapping on the debris object was borked, Ethyr fixed

19: CNR, no spawn point anywhere near here, can this be reproduced?

20: CNR, I spawned 30 chargers and had a chase with them around the tree, none got stuck, can you reproduce this reliably somehow?

21: Room was pulled from current set

22: Reported to Art for optimization, Ethyr should have this fixed soon

23: Fixed

24: Fixed, also rebuilt mini map

25: CNR, checked both rooms, doors look fine and non clipping, still got it?

26: CNR this, both rooms doors look fine, still getting this?

27: Fixed, tentacle on connector tile was poking out beyond level boundaries

28: Same as 26

29: Hmm looks fine here, maybe because I rebuilt some stuff while fixing issue 24, still seeing that?

30: Fixed, adjusted the light to affect dynamic entities

31: Fixed, relocated loot crate

32: Fixed, optimized the AI interaction layout here

33: Reported to Art for optimization

34: Reported to Art for optimization

35: Fixed

36: I think this level’s designer optimized the blocking volumes already, is this still an issue for you?

37: Hmm, I am not sure what the designer here intended with this teleporter layout, I’ll speak to her on Monday about it, stay tuned.

38: Fixed, cut them down a little

39: Checked the door and had a pack of chargers chase me down, didn’t notice anything off, never saw it playing on public as well, any way to reproduce reliably?

40: Checked both doors and nav around it, optimized it, should behave better now

41: Issue 23? You mean 29? Water decal looks fine for me, maybe because I rebuilt map before, same as 29 above J

Rest: The dx11 vs dx9 tentacle/root issues should be good with latest hot fix.

As with the last thread as well I am sure people fixed stuff in the meantime which would explain most of the CNR I got. That said this list was very valuable as most of the issues were still there. Thanks a lot for your efforts, much appreciated!

About 19: I removed the report, if you can't find nothing I can't see what else can be done (I haven't even seen it happen more than once). I had a doubt it would be a freak accident, but with the other reports of mob spawning in walls at the time, I thought "better safe than sorry".

About 20: I'll leave the report for now and see if I can't reproduce another time, but I'm pretty sure it was fixed. 

About 26 and 28: If you can't replicate this, I don't think I'll ever luck out and see it again. I'll cross it out for now and report it with EE.log to Support if it comes up again. 

About 29: I'll have to check, I remember looking around that spot after either the Gravidus humpdate or the Halloween update, but I can't remember if it was ok on my side. Will verify. 

About 39: First, derp, got mixed in my numbers. Second, no unfortunately I haven't got a good way to replicate, it must be a freak incident.

About 41: I'll have to check as well. And I probably derped again with the numbers, I need more caffeine before posting those >_>. 

Removed those that weren't a problem anymore, I'll try to check the other ones if I can find the time (and remember to check them).

As for the other reports from other players, can't remove those obviously. Thank you for keeping me updated!  

PS: Haaaaaaaave you given any thought to adding Dragon Vaults in the current treasure rooms? Or is that outside your jurisdiction? I dunno, I thought it would be a cool addition. 

PS: Haaaaaaaave you given any thought to adding Dragon Vaults in the current treasure rooms? Or is that outside your jurisdiction? I dunno, I thought it would be a cool addition. 

Hmm, interesting thought. I'll pass it by the bosses and see what we can do. Thanks again for the reports and keeping them up to date.

Just gonna make a note here, I don't mean to spawn one Dragon Vault per Orokin Derelict run and that those Dragon Vaults would all be inside the treasure room. Rather, we keep the current system of Dragon Vaults, but slap on top a chance to get more Dragon Vaults per run and the additional Vaults would invariably be in the treasure room (in addition to the assured one outside the treasure room).  Hopefully that was clear from the beginning, but I want to clarify because I doubt putting every Dragon Vault inside the fan room would be a popular decision at the moment (understatement).

As for the reports: My pleasure, I like helping you guys make the map smoother and more enjoyable for the player base. 

Yeah I hear you, I had that exact same picture in my head when you mentioned it. Seen as an additional reward layer for making the challenges, very good point. Gotta figure out a smart way to do this though. The challenge rooms were all built before such a thing as the Hobbled Key existed. :s