The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Tysis changes: Inconsistent Corrosive Procs when not modded for it depending on enemies [UPDATE]

Casardis

UPDATE: Thanks to user Thistlebalm on Reddit, I know how it works now.
"The way they changed it makes it act like an explosive, that is, punch through makes it so the innate 3 ticks of corrosive won't apply on enemies you've punched through, only the enemy that can't be punched through all the way will get the corrosive ticks. So it looks like your 2.1m of punch though will go through the bombards, and coolant raknoid, but not the scyto raknoid."

Spoiler

Ever since they changed how the Tysis works, it feels like it's been heavily nerfed, especially when you want to do niche combination like Corrosive + Gas. That's because the Corrosive status doesn't proc anymore, unless you actually mod for corrosive in it. See how the Corrupted Bombard cannot be stripped of his armor (no Corrosive status icon).

However, against certain enemy types (Grineer ships on PoE and a few Raknoids for instance), it WILL proc the Corrosive status on impact AND on the ticks. The discrepancy of effects makes it really weird, especially because I can strip certain foes' armor, and not others within the same family (as shown here with Coolant Raknoid being unaffected by it).

My suggestion would be to make the innate Corrosive ticks proc its status at all times except for enemies specifically immune to Corrosive procs, and have them be affected by the weapon's modded status chance. This will also fix the current inconsistency.

See below.

Spoiler

Edited by Casardis