New content != New players

> New content brings new players.

> The devs want more new players.

> We are getting less reworks and more new content.

But new players don't come just for new content. New players can come regardless of new content. And these new players stay or leave depending on the quality of the content they find in the game. As much as I hate to say it, Warframe is currently a gigantic trash heap filled with some really well made parts and some parts we just don't talk about. Like archwing or conclave or scaling or vauban. When I first joined Warframe, it wasn't because I heard of the new Hydroid Prime, or Gara, or Plains of Eidolon, it was simply because I saw it at the top of the steam free to play games and had nothing better to do. There really doesn't have to be a new feature or whatever to get new players to join.

The way I see it, reworks and fixes always trumps new content, no matter what, because it helps with player retention and doesn't hurt player influx as much as some people would have you think.

Warframe is not like a timed project where the devs have to "finish the game by this deadline", it's a game that's being continuously updated and the devs literally decide the deadlines for themselves.

Yeah DE lately has seemed way more interested in releasing droves of new content instead of fixing the base fibers of the game.

Frames like Vauban and Wukong have been irrelevant for months and they still have done nothing to help them. I honestly do not agree with the whole "3 new warframes every year" thing. It takes focus off of the warframes already in the game and brings in unbalanced and uneeded frames, but that might just be me. 

The early game is a pretty large factor for killing new player interest. I know I couldn't play for a long time until a friend convinced me to play with him. Which I later found out he was just piggy backing me to content that will get me hooked and giving me advice on what guns were worth using.

1 minute ago, Test-995 said:

I want to see both at the same time.

Well I mean, of course you can have both at the same time, but for example instead of 3 warframes a year you could go to 1 warframe a year, and more reworks.

Sleeping_Shaq_WF.jpg

1 hour ago, Cephalycion said:

Well I mean, of course you can have both at the same time, but for example instead of 3 warframes a year you could go to 1 warframe a year, and more reworks.

So a content drought is your solution to your problem? Or is there another way the internet at large will put it this time around?

39 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

So a content drought is your solution to your problem? Or is there another way the internet at large will put it this time around?

IMO, a rework counts as content. The different is what kind.

e.g. New content - New warframe, New weapon, New map

e.g. Improving Content - Warframe rework, Melee rework

Just now, Cephalycion said:

IMO, a rework counts as content.

Your opinion is wrong. They have taken time to redo and touch up. Players dropped. This isn't a feeling, this isn't imagination. That is what happened when they did what you are saying they should do.

This is a very simple thing. They balance new content along with reworking old content. This is how it works.

2 hours ago, Test-995 said:

I want to see both at the same time.

You crossed that out, but that's what the game actually needs - a balance between reworks and new content.

Having all new content and no reworks means older content that would've remained serviceable gets powercreeped and/or rendered irrelevant, while having all reworks and little new content means we're back to the content drought of last year - terrible for player retention and influx of new players.