ShikiRen

Wisp Review/Early feedback

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HC217 said:

you really like her 4th? as in, it fits her kit?

I do actually, though I'm not sure how they're going to link her "wisp" asthetic as a spirit, to the fire from her 4th. 

Maybe she's like a Firefox wisp or something

Edited by Maka.Bones

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Dismissing other people's opinions as them just being "afraid of new things" is why we still have zero response to the negative feedback from the melee changes.

Don't do it.

New and unique doesn't automatically mean good.

Then don't use her... just saying, don't knock her till you try her. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

1 minute ago, Maka.Bones said:

Then don't use her... just saying, don't knock her till you try her. 

Are you familiar with the concept of disappointment?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Are you familiar with the concept of disappointment?

Yeah, ember's rework and Mirage's 2nd and 4th abilities. Don't belittle someone else's opinion man lol. 

Also chroma's barf, Titania's buffs, lack of a global vaccum... The list goes on

Edited by Maka.Bones

DE should relocate Sol to Ember, she needs it.

Instead of sun beam, why not keep summoning theme going?

Wisps summons her copies from another dimension ( like mirage). those copies seeks out nearest enemy and explode for aoe dmg when they reach it. ( dmg type of explosion based on her flowers from 1st ability . Green- corrosive, red-blast, blue- magnetic)

• Like 1

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

Don't belittle someone else's opinion man lol. 

Like you did in your first post?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, DeltaPangaea said:

Like you did in your first post?

Like you keep doing? My first post is just pointing exactly at what you're doing just now lol

Edited by Maka.Bones

Hello DE,

There is a major problem with Wisps Teleport. The Decoy attracts the attention of units and then wisp (a squishy looking frame) takes the place of the decoy. At least have her reflect bullets and rockets aimed at the decoy away when she takes it over. I understand that many enemies in the flight part are going to be blinded but I cant shake that this will lead to many deaths. As bombard rockets aim at the decoy that she ends up replacing.

As others have stated I'm not partial to the theme. Reb said on the Devstream that the theme is portals, but only the 4th ability has anything to do with portals. Can we get more portal like abilities. Rather than the flower aoe attack a mass portal that take enemy units in range and drops them from the ceiling. Like a mag pull but mobs rain down and you get that opportunity to hit them (AOE CC, damage comes from hitting them on the way down). I love her astetic design and think the moves she has are good, just that they need to better match her theme. I think warframe is too fast for stationary buff pods/turrets in most cases. 

I'd like to see something with her one that is more wisp like, take souls from enemies in a wide area and they become buffs. Some do damage, others buff, and it would be linked to the EXP sharing zone. So wisps exact range doesn't matter as much, or affects how many bodies can be wispped to provide the buffs. just one thought among many.

Love you guys and the great lengths you go to for Warframe and it's fans. Hope you receive this as constructive criticism. 

Like you keep doing? My first post is just pointing exactly at what you're doing just now lol

"They're just scared of something new and unique!"

That's you dismissing other people's opinions.

• Applause 2

She's invincible for a brief moment after teleporting so no TP into instant deaths.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DeltaPangaea said:

"They're just scared of something new and unique!"

That's you dismissing other people's opinions.

And what do you call what you've been doing? 

What else would you call it? People are used to seeing something work in a set specific type of format... Wisp's format is different, so naturally it brings in the question of effectiveness. It brings in room for doubt. I'm not denying that; in fact I even addressed it on my original post. A comment which you're conveniently ignoring and dismissing lol. 

So if that's not just "fear of something new not working" then what else would you call it?

8 hours ago, SRBvuk22 said:

After watching devstream l was in shock of what l saw.Wisp looks awful in every sense of the word.

First ability is deployable buff that requires players to pick it up.There are few problems in that, first in most non premade games people will just ignore it, second in order for this to be even usable buffs need to be supper high, as far as it's revealed in devstream buffs are too week.

Second ability is moving decoy/teleport, this ability is just useless and it does not belong in warframe, moving speed of projectile wisp is too slow and duration of decoy is insanely low.Why add slow moving teleport if we can cross entire map with bullet jumps in matter of seconds? This ability needs to be removed.

Third ability is just boring, it could be useful if it deals good damage but otherwise it's just boring ability.

Forth ability is just press2win,even worst than revenent, as his other abilities were at least decent.If this ability does a lot of damage it could be useful in boss fights, but l hope they change it.

Now my main problem with wisp is her ability design, they said she was supposed to be some sort of portal mage, non of her abilities scream that.Her 1 is boring deployable, 2 is just a decoy, 3 lame damage and 4 energy beam.Her abilities just don't work. l hope they change her entire kit, otherwise l doubt she will be played that often.

I think this is a mild overreaction to her abilities reveal. 

I think she is a solid frame in most of her abilities, excluding her 1. She has been quoted as a portal mage and her 2,3 and 4 reflect this since all abilities project or manipulate energy through a portal. Her 1 on the other hand summons... Flowerpots? 

I'm not a huge fan of how a single ability is being used to force wisp into the support category of frame. Especially an ability that untelises both placeable and cycled elements, two mechanics that have never worked particularly well (look at Vauban's current issues and Titania's). The buffs her 1 gives are also give more easily by other frames that have a kit that complements that ability or the role of support (trinity/Oberon/volt..).

Seems like an odd choice for a frame that seems to be aiming towards a glass cannon gameplay style focused around mobility (passive, second ability) and damage (fourth ability, third abilityability).

Posted (edited)

Eh, I'm just not that happy with her 1 and 3 but that might just be me not really liking deployables. I do like her passive and her 2 while her 4, I will have to check it out myself first but I feel we need a higher camera when using it as it's blocking our view on the left side quite a bit.

Edited by TheRealShade

2 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

And what do you call what you've been doing? 

What else would you call it? People are used to seeing something work in a set specific type of format... Wisp's format is different, so naturally it brings in the question of effectiveness. It brings in room for doubt. I'm not denying that; in fact I even addressed it on my original post. A comment which you're conveniently ignoring and dismissing lol. 

So if that's not just "fear of something new not working" then what else would you call it?

Exactly how is her 'format' new and different?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Honestly I only have 2 big issues with her kit.  The first being the forced dependancy of her 3 with her 1. It seems like we can't use it without those being on the field.  Which is awful in it's own merit.  But I don't enjoy that i'll have to be constantly dropping buffs on the field for it.  That's one of the main reasons why I don't like playing Vauban.  My second issue is her 4 just being damage.  She seems utility/support.  And while I don't mind giving her a damage ability I wish it had some other effect on top of it that maybe synergized with her kit and further pushed that utility role.

Her 4th is definitely a pure damage ability, but I think there is some synergy with her 2nd? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was mentioned that whilst her 2 is travelling it will taunt enemies? Grouping them and making it easier to blast then with 4 as well as preventing you from getting hammered with gunfire or melees whilst you're channeling. 

Honestly, after Hildryn I was expecting more, but Wisp seems to be a total mess. Maybe from making her too fast after another frame? Her abilities seem lacking to her ghost/specter theme except her 2. Her 1, 3, & 4 should be scrapped in my opinion. They feel like they belong on a different frame completely. I expected some Danny Phantom like ectoplasm ghosty powers, or like Ghost from Ant Man 2, not this. I do admit the 4th is visually great, but just not on our ghost sister. Also, her 1 & 3 feel like it belongs on the Vauban rework. Anyone else get that feeling?

I just hope she gets changes before release like 'VLAD' did after they did an ability showcase. Revenant's 4 got an entire change, I believe Garuda did too, but for Wisp... she might need more than just one ability swapped out to feel like the ghostly frame she's meant to be.

Just checked the Devstream again and you are correct. +1 to you. I don't think it was mentioned but her health does go to the gray to indicate invulnerability for a time.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Exactly how is her 'format' new and different?

-Dropping set of buffs, and collecting them... That was done by Titania, but wisp delivers it differently

-decoy isn't that different, but it's also cool. The only different thing about decoy is that they combined Loki/saryns decoys, with Nezha's boomerang teleport... Sounds really fun

-3rd ability working off her buffs for AoE damage. Needs to rely on her placing/collecting them. Different way of doing offense or setting a defensive trap/parameter

-fiery Lazer beam which doesn't immediately fit into the aesthetic of her kit/look... Is obviously a different approach at a warframe kit. (I wonder if they'll also make its effectiveness based on her active buffs or whatnot) 

We still don't know much about her, so you shouldn't knock something you haven't tried yet. Sure I might get disappointed, but maybe I won't ... Even if I do, that just means she'll get buffed if I do. And honestly there are many other warframes to play anyway, and she's probably still going to be an upgrade to ember... So yeah lol

Edited by Maka.Bones

-Dropping set of buffs, and collecting them... That was done by Titania, but wisp delivers it differently

-decoy isn't that different, but it's also cool. The only different thing about decoy is that they combined Loki/saryns decoys, with Nezha's boomerang teleport... Sounds really fun

-3rd ability working off her buffs for AoE damage. Needs to rely on her placing/collecting them. Different way of doing offense or setting a defensive trap/parameter

-fiery Lazer beam which doesn't immediately fit into the aesthetic of her kit/look... Is obviously a different approach at a warframe kit. (I wonder if they'll also include it's effectiveness based on her active buffs or whatnot) 

We still don't know much about her, so you shouldn't knock something you haven't tried yet. Sure I might get disappointed, but maybe I won't ... Even if I do, that just means she'll get buffed if I do. And honestly there are many other warframes to play anyway, and she's probably still going to be an upgrade to ember... So yeah lol

I can and will express my distaste for something. You're allowed to like it yeah, but I'm also allowed to dislike it and voice my opinions. Just like everyone else in these 20-30 'I think Wisp looks bad' threads.

So don't tell people their opinions are invalid and they're just 'afraid of something new' when even the people making her admit she's got recycled ability concepts. They probably spent more effort on her ass-wiggle.

• Upvote 1

So many people criticize wisp's buff delivery, but the delivery system honestly looks better than how most other warframe buffs (the ones who have multiple buffs. It's just a matter of them actually being good/useful or not. 

The only other better buffers are Trinity, and Octavia. 

Posted (edited)

As

1 hour ago, Sonicbullitt said:

I am gonna be brutally honest here, Wisp's abilities are kind of "meh".

Her first ability is pretty good, I don't have much of a problem with it. it's a buff ability, thus as long as the numbers are right this ability should be good. Her second ability is where it all started to go a bit downhill for me, while cool and even pretty useful, it's basically Nezha's blazing chakram, they almost copied Nezha's ability 1 for 1, there is very little difference between the two abilities besides appearance. The only thing missing being the damage component of Blazing chakram, stinks of uninspired or lazy design if you ask me.

Her third is also boring and unexciting , all it seems to be is is an AOE damage effect that isn't even casted from the warframe itself, meaning if there are no enemies near it, the ability won't hit anything unless the range is ridiculously big by default and can cover numerous parts of a map at once. If it doesn't have such a range, you then run into the problem of being locked to one area. This completely slows down and limits the player, warframe is at its best when you can use the movement system to its full effect and speed through tilesets. It sucks when you have to stop in one area because of ability limits, it really contradicts with other speed boosting abilities in her kit.

As for her 4th ability, ah her 4th ability, now this ability is where I have the largest amount of gripes with. I'll give it to them this ability does look amazing, one of the best effects I have ever seen in warframe. However everything else about the ability is absolutely terrible. This ability not only has a very narrow tiny line of AOE, where the beam can affect enemies, it also limits player movement and agency significantly. Two things you really don't want to hear about a warframe's ability.

The severely limited movement and actions you can take make wisp practically a sitting duck, fast and agile movement through a tileset not only helps you progress through quicker, but also keeps you alive longer, especially if not a high damage resistance frame. Then there are the other problems with this ability, as mentioned before. The AOE of the ability is very very small, not to mention the damage isn't instant but channeled over time.

The ability just appears to be a run of the mill damage ability, with seemingly no sort of special effect or benefit to it either. It is an ability that has practically no benefit to the user whatsoever, the ability is so slow, limiting and clunky with little to no other benefit besides DPS, which it isn't good at. It's so bad that you're better off just not using the ability at all, because at that point you may as well just shoot or kill the enemy another way, as it gets the job done quicker.

Has DE learnt nothing from past frame's problems such as Garuda and Revenant ? Channeling abilities are just not great in game like warframe at the moment with how they currently work. Wisp will need some changes after the update if she releases this way, just like Garuda and Revenant, did.

I have to say that I find her first ability to be the odd one out in terms of theme and design. Its cycled and placeable two characteristics that do not have a favourable history in warframes (Vauban, Titania). Its also the only real team utility ability on a frame that seems to focus on mobility (passive, 2nd ability) and damage (3rd and 4th ability). 

Thematically her 1st is way out of place. She has been quoted as a portal mage and her 2,3,4 and passive abilities all reflect this. Her 2 projects a ethereal version of herself using energy. Her 3 radiates energy. 4th channels energy. Her 1st summons buffing flowers? 

Like I said she seems like a glass cannon frame from my perspective, not a utility heavy frame. Her base stats are pretty low and her buffs can be given far more easily by other frames (Trinity, volt,Oberon) without the need to cycle through abilities, place them and pick them up. 

If she is going to be a support frame she needs a buff that is unique to her design as an energy projecting portal mage. 

In regards to her 2 and 4, like I've said they fit her design aesthetic. Her 2 also taunts enemies as it travels, if I'm not mistaken, which is decent cc and synergizes with your 4th by grouping enemies and taking the fire off of wisp herself whilst you channel. 

Edited by deadstock

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

I can and will express my distaste for something. You're allowed to like it yeah, but I'm also allowed to dislike it and voice my opinions. Just like everyone else in these 20-30 'I think Wisp looks bad' threads.

So don't tell people their opinions are invalid and they're just 'afraid of something new' when even the people making her admit she's got recycled ability concepts. They probably spent more effort on her ass-wiggle.

You just told me that my opinion is invalid lol. I never said that yours was invalid, simply that I wasn't going to explain why I like her because many people will simply disagree with me for the sake of disagreement/personal bias... Which is exactly what you seem to be doing now. So now I'll ask you to please leave me alone lol. Never from the start have I had an issue with you disliking her. I believe I even told you "then don't play her" and my stance still remains. 

I have no appreciation for your blatant negativity. Or for being pessimistic, and have no intention on jumping on that bandwagon. 

Good day sir. 🙂

Edited by Maka.Bones

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

So many people criticize wisp's buff delivery, but the delivery system honestly looks better than how most other warframe buffs (the ones who have multiple buffs. It's just a matter of them actually being good/useful or not. 

The only other better buffers are Trinity, and Octavia. 

The issue with her buffs is that people have to interrupt what they're doing to find these little plants(?) to pick up the thing and get the buff. The plants that could easily be not seen amid the visual clutter.

People have their own business to worry about, the other buffing frames don't have to worry about that. The only one who DOES have to worry about people diverting from what they were doing is Octavia, and she only gets away with it because it's more obvious when the effect is up, it doesn't rely on a location besides 'somewhere near Octavia', and it can do a stupid amount of things at once.

• Upvote 1

You just told me that my opinion is invalid lol. 🙂

Show me where I said your opinion is invalid. I even just said your opinion WAS valid, but you trying to shut down other people's opinions like in your OP is garbage.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Show me where I said your opinion is invalid. I even just said your opinion WAS valid, but you trying to shut down other people's opinions like in your OP is garbage.

You've been ignoring the bottom part of my first post.  That's how you've communicated that my opinion is invalid. 

You've also been *harassing me for liking her, because you don't. 

And by the way, I like the idea that I have to stop to get buffs. I have no issue with that. (Sure, it would also be nice to do it while on the run... But I like the different dynamic and change of pace)

I said good day sir. 

Edited by Maka.Bones