Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

3 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

People weren't complaining about her effectiveness re: numbers, they're saying that her kit is schizophrenic and conceptually flawed due to the stationary nature when DE just got done saying that Vauban is suffering due to his highly stationary nature.

But sure, this discussion ain't goin' anywhere anyway.

I get that, but that's why you can use decoy. 

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

Not trying to shut down other people's opinion... This is a feeback thread, you're welcome to make your own feedback post. 

I'm simply against exactly the thing you've been doing lol. I don't necessarily want people trying to argue against me about why they do or don't like something about wisp. I only made this post as positive feedback for DE. 

Then don't try and talk down on people who DON'T like it and their opinions. Y'dig?

She's centers around energy projection, energy which she draws from via portals connected to another dimension. Her passive reflects this by making her invis when she partially phases into another dimension. So does her 2 when she projects an ethereal version of herself and blinks to it. Her 3 radiates energy in a similar way to her 2. And her 4 is a full blown portal with energy spilling out. Only her 1 is truly out of place imo. It Simmons flowers that buff you? OK.

Most of her abilities are centers around mobility (passive:invis when you jump/ 2: teleport) and damage (3: aoe damage/ 4: channeled damage dealing laser), but her 1 is just a selection of miscellaneous buffs that are cycled and placeable, two mechanics that have a poor history within warframes (Vauban/ titania). 

9 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

How does Decoy help with the fact that half her kit is ultra-stationary? It doesn't move your totemplants

You're not going to move around that much, in survival.... A capture/sabotage mission won't last long enough for that to matrer... An ult isn't something that should be used as a main ability; it's just an "oh S#&$ button".... You can take your buffs with you. 

You can move somewhere, and place new totems, then explode them with the 3...  

It seems to me like her 1 is something that's meant to be casted regularly, to work with other things. 

Her kit is as mobile as you make it. If you're using it dynamically, and not just spamming one ability, she can move anywhere just fine.

It's just a different pace & sequence than what most warframes currently have/use. That doesn't automatically make it suck or inefficient

You haven't learned how to use her yet, so how can you even/already say that she's bad? Just try to get more creative man. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

26 minutes ago, TwilitAngel said:

Honestly, after Hildryn I was expecting more, but Wisp seems to be a total mess. Maybe from making her too fast after another frame? Her abilities seem lacking to her ghost/specter theme except her 2. Her 1, 3, & 4 should be scrapped in my opinion. They feel like they belong on a different frame completely. I expected some Danny Phantom like ectoplasm ghosty powers, or like Ghost from Ant Man 2, not this. I do admit the 4th is visually great, but just not on our ghost sister. Also, her 1 & 3 feel like it belongs on the Vauban rework. Anyone else get that feeling?

I just hope she gets changes before release like 'VLAD' did after they did an ability showcase. Revenant's 4 got an entire change, I believe Garuda did too, but for Wisp... she might need more than just one ability swapped out to feel like the ghostly frame she's meant to be.

She's not designed to be a ghostly frame. Despite he name wisp being linked to ghost and will'o'the wisps, she is actually a portal based frame, according to the wiki and devstream. 

She opens portals connected to another dimension and projects different forms of energy from them as well as traversing between them. 

Her passive is her phasing between dimensions, hence her invisibility. 

Her 2 is her projecting an ethral version of herself with energy before traveling to it, via portals. 

Her 4 is literally a portal being ripped open and energy spilling out. 

Her 3 is more energy in an aoe, presumably summoned via portals. 

Only her 1 is out of place since she summons flowers. And as you said it is closely comparable to Vauban and titania's cycled and deployable abilities which are notoriously poorly designed. 

I believe the idea of a ghost based warframe was part of an earlier design, hence the name Wisp. But since then the concept ha change dramatically. 

18 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

How does Decoy help with the fact that half her kit is ultra-stationary? It doesn't move your totemplants

Oh and her decoy helps with survival, mob control, and multitasking/movement

Edited by Maka.Bones

44 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Eh, I'm just not that happy with her 1 and 3 but that might just be me not really liking deployables. I do like her passive and her 2 while her 4, I will have to check it out myself first but I feel we need a higher camera when using it as it's blocking our view on the left side quite a bit.

Couldn't agree more, her 1 & 3 are not only clunky, but also don't fit her theme. Flowers and portals? Explain. Utility buffs on a frame centered around damage and mobility? Explain.

But I do like her 2 and passive. And her 4 is stunning, so I'll give it a pass till we see how modding effects it.

Edited by deadstock

If she's supposed to teleport through portals, why not making her teleport herself instead of bullet jumps for example ? Thus she could move faster, i'm not a huge fan or her current passive anyway. Alerted enemies will still be an issue and playing airborn isn't much suitable to most frames except from Zephyr for obvious reasons.

A teleport in place of bullet jumps with a short duration invisibility afterward would have been way funnier and definitely more useful.

Wisps design premises is drawing energy from one dimension to another through portals, she can also traverse between them.

Her 4 does this clearly.

Her 2 projects an ethereal version of herself using energy and she blinks to it.  

Her 3 summons and radiates energy, presumably via a portal. 

Her passive is her phasing between dimensions, hence the invisibility. 

Her 1 summons flowers. Don't know what to say about this one. It doesn't really fit the trend. But the rest do center around portals in a slightly abstract way. 

Edited by deadstock

9 hours ago, HC217 said:

this seems like stagnant feedback. her 4 doesn't fit her kit, at all. plus heat damage, so damage will suck at high levels

Where is it stated that it will deal specifically heat damage? It does say it harnesses power from the sun, but that could be radiation just as easily, which does scale fairly well. 

2 minutes ago, deadstock said:

Wisps design premises is drawing energy from one dimension to another through portals, she can also traverse between them.

Her 4 does this clearly.

Her 2 projects an ethereal version of herself using energy and she blinks to it.  

Her 3 summons and radiates energy, presumably via a portal. 

Her passive is her phasing between dimensions, hence the invisibility. 

Her 1 summons flowers. Don't know what to say about this one. It doesn't really for the trend. But the rest do center around portals in a slightly abstract way. 

wisps are also forest spirits that will lead people astray iirc.

key word being "forest" which would explain the flowers.

For me, personally, and for my brother who also plays WF, Wisp's Warframe design always seemed like to take aspect of a ghost. But her abilities don't match at all. I can't think of all the alternatives for her powers.

But I do have one idea that would better fit her design, and that is a "Torment" ability. The ability would be mostly range and duration based, activating the ability would cause specters resembling Wisp to appear on all enemies within range of the ability and being pestering them. They wouldn't cause alot of damage and more serve as a distraction ability, where attacking the specter on them would take precedence over any PC's.

Main point of this thread being that most, if not all, of Wisps abilities don't fit with Her design. And if anybody at DE who has any say, or can atleast say anything to anybody who does, actually views these threads, you should think about a complete ability overhaul.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

If she's supposed to teleport through portals, why not making her teleport herself instead of bullet jumps for example ? Thus she could move faster, i'm not a huge fan or her current passive anyway. Alerted enemies will still be an issue and playing airborn isn't much suitable to most frames except from Zephyr for obvious reasons.

A teleport in place of bullet jumps with a short duration invisibility afterward would have been way funnier and definitely more useful.

Teleporting bullet jumps is actually a really interesting idea, for some reason it seems right since she has no feet. And it is far more in tune with her portal thematic. Unlike her current passive that seems more ghostly like her older design concepts. 

Her cureent passive still seem pretty good tho, from my perspective. It just increases her survivability as a squishy frame. Rather than being stealthy. 

There are important details involved in how good it will be, such as how fast enemies drop aggro, do they keep shooting at you after going invis. That kind if thing.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

wisps are also forest spirits that will lead people astray iirc.

key word being "forest" which would explain the flowers.

Fair enough, if she was actually based around spirits and ghost. But its mentioned in the wiki and devstream that they changed her earlier concepts from ghostly themes to what we see now, more of an energy manipulator that uses portals. 

The only thing that really seemed to survive from her early concepts is her name. And those damnable flowers on her 1, which just seems odd imo.

Edited by deadstock

1 minute ago, deadstock said:

Fair enough, if she was actually based around spirits and ghost. But its mentioned in the wiki and devstream that they changed her earlier concepts from ghostly themes to what we see now, more of an energy manipulator that uses portals. 

The only thing that really seemed to survive from her early concepts is her name. And those damnable flowers on her 1, which just seems odd imo.

personally? i think they should change the flowers to will-o-wisp like fire balls that hover in place, and the buffs could be little flames that orbit her(ala null star.)

il y a 9 minutes, deadstock a dit :

Teleporting bullet jumps is actually a really interesting idea, for some reason it seems right since she has no feet. And it is far more in tune with her portal thematic. Unlike her current passive that seems more ghostly like her older design concepts. 

Her cureent passive still seem pretty good tho, from my perspective. It just increases her survivability as a squishy frame. Rather than being stealthy. 

There are important details involved in how good it will be, such as how fast enemies drop aggro, do they keep shooting at you after going invis. That kind if thing.

She can definitely have both effects, a new bullet jump and being invisible while airborn. Can't judge much a character before having played with it though, stealth can be tricky in this game so i'd wait her release to see of it works.

Hildryn taught me one thing, design can be good on paper while totally sucking in practice. 😄

Edited by 000l000

Wisp is still not out but everyone says how good or bad she is. Well I cannot say more than my opinion and how it looks. The only thing is Wisp is not a ghost frame because her abilities seems very different from a ghost abilities. Anyway let's test it when she is rdy.

• Like 5

Just now, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

personally? i think they should change the flowers to will-o-wisp like fire balls that hover in place, and the buffs could be little flames that orbit her(ala null star.)

Absolutely.

The flower aesthetic is out of place with her current kit and I'm not a fan of how she places them, its a very slow playstyle.

Having beautifully animated flame effects like her 4, that orbit her would be far more preferable.