Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

Just now, MagnumKnight said:

god is that not just the truth... at the very least, as i stated earlier, if enough people grumble ATLEAST maybe something will change in her kit to not make her an ungodly mess... but lately DE seems to have this odd, horrifying trend of absolutely ignoring anything from players. i get sometimes somethings need to be ignored for progress to happen, but things like this, a closer eye on the community would be actually a good thing?

Nah, DE no longer cares about players getting shafted.

Her 1 is an absolute mess, though. Ivara could get away with it as she was a slow, methodical kind of design. All the other three abilities Wisp has screams Fast Paced to me, so why there is a clunky ability wheel I will never figure out.

Thanks for your answer and sorry if i misspell some words my english is not that good

for the "exhalted beam" part, i think it could be balanced we got a Battacor exhalted (Hildryn 1), i mean did you ever tried balefire Hildryn with 63K radiation dmg or Gaz its insanely strong, 

if its scale on ability power, that mean you sacrifice other stat, like duration/Range for a pure Press 4 to win build, so its fair imo

Edited by Hex-Maniac
  • Like 1

Its mashed up frame from apex/overwatch obviously. Her 4 is like from completely different frame/game. Cant wait to see everybody and theyr mother spamming her 4 like there is no tomorrow... 

Coolest thing about wisp is her passive. That ghost thing you can teleport in, yeah thats neat except that i probably could outrun it by just doing proper parkour moves. 

So shes nature wisp summoning flowers? Or is she ghost/interdimensional being?

Or is she Super Saiyan?

IMMA FIRING MAH LAZOR.

M a s h e d p o t a t o e s. 

7 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Her 1 is an absolute mess, though. Ivara could get away with it as she was a slow, methodical kind of design. All the other three abilities Wisp has screams Fast Paced to me, so why there is a clunky ability wheel I will never figure out.

the worst part is that it would lend more towards promoting a sedentary playstyle to keep the buffs on you, you just need to find a nice corner, or hallway, throw the light out, and fire the lazor and thems the breaks. she'd just be a turret, functionally superior to revenant sure, but the only use we'd see here is being a big bright ball of annoyance at worst. And they specifically hated that sort of S#&$ with Saryn in how she used to work, except saryn could END MAPS, where as all wisp will be able to do is just eek out a small living in some dead end.

Edited by MagnumKnight

il y a 5 minutes, Datam4ss a dit :

I agree for Ivara part, with her powl, she can slow/ methodical , but for frame like Wisp borderline beetween Glass Canon/CC/Supp ability wheels are not a good idea specially with those effects, if they could just strip armor or put viral state would be ok but the current buff/debuff are not looking worth it

Her one is absolute annoying and possibly overhyped. She has a high speed high mobility style to her, so an ability wheel where you slowly select the buff you want and throw it out is pretty dang clunky and annoying.

She's no Ivara or Booben with the luxury of slowly choosing her poison.

I gotta say I love her 4 though. I like glass cannons.

Edited by Guest

For me she will be meaningless anyway due to same condition the garuda/barruk/hildryn have. Lack of story and meaning behind this frame. Another frame based randomly on some theme or ingame object. I would rather wait longer to get a nice quest and badass frame, not just another MR toy to play with for 30 ranks and then go back to old ones because they have more meaning. Maybe other players are happy to have new frame every 3 weeks or so but i will personaly just ignore them anyway. 

I'd say just junk her fourth ability altogether and try something else. She's ghostly right? Maybe give her a ghost form that can move around and mess with enemies, with the gimmick being she leaves her body behind as another buff statue. Those seem to be her main thing, after all. Make her prone body an AoE buff that will encourage players to go near it, and encourage tactical placement instead of ditching it wherever. I like the idea of "throw a sun at them" but I'd rather that go to Ember. Poor girl needs SOMETHING.

3 hours ago, Evil.Eye said:

Her abilities seem like a mess. Like they could not actually Decide What she was going to be. But that guy @Flandre_Scarlet_

pretty much got what i was thinking WISP would be which is based of the Will-O-The-Wisp legends(aka the Ghost Light or Fairy Flames)

Nah that is just Yuyuko from Touhou minus the energy projection and bullet hell. The name tells as much.

1 hour ago, Hex-Maniac said:

I mean aside ivara 1 (ignore alam arrow) all other cycle ability are trash

You will see me comment on every Wisp thread. An ability wheel has no place on a glass cannon reliant on distraction and mobility. This isn't Ivara where you can happily sit in invis as you pick your skill and hold to cast.

Her 1 should be a tap cast with a single effect. What it is I don't know, but it just feels dumb to have a cycling wheel.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Because it gets more attention...from people who can't actually do anything.

DE won't listen to us anyway so we might as well complain somewhere and whine 😂

Just now, Datam4ss said:

DE won't listen to us anyway so we might as well complain somewhere and whine 😂

Eh who knows, maybe they will maybe they won't.

The biggest issue I have seen with Wisp complaints so far is that few people (if any number higher than 5) have suggested much other than saying "X Ability is bad because Y FIX IT"

But honestly I haven't been really looking because it is getting painful slogging through these type of threads.

I agree with your ideas, but i think her 3 should make it so that her wisps from her 1 go chase enemies and explode, ending the buff in the process (maybe with different damage types depending on which type of wisp exploded). I think this should also help balancing the wisps. 

For her 1, i agree the wisps should instantly spawn and follow her where she goes instead of appearing on these flower pods and having to pick them up. I think it's fine if it's still duration based, but she can only spawn 3 at a time (like in the devstream i believe she could only have 3 orbiting her, one of each type, sorry if i'm wrong) . She should still be able to choose which type of wisps she wants to spawn. But, if she spawns the same type of wisp several times, the buff becomes empowered (red and green ones obviously give more health and speed, as for the blue buff, each blue wisps can stun a different enemy). 

Edited by (XB1)FondMusician661

2 hours ago, deadstock said:

Where is it stated that it will deal specifically heat damage? It does say it harnesses power from the sun, but that could be radiation just as easily, which does scale fairly well. 

you could see heat procs when they showed her abilities, and left a heat trail on the ground. i hope it's not, but heat seems to be the current direction

Im gonna put white as energy color. And then just go ham on players screaming: IMMA FIRING MAH PE... LAZORS and unload in theyr face. Thats my plan with this frame, gonna be fun for like 3 missions and then i never play it again...  👍

Okay Im pretty sure i wasnt the only one that was dumb founded when her 4th skill was revealed...

I'll address my personal problem with the current skill. Simply it doesnt matched her visual and previous skill set at all. I have no comment on its functionality, since she isnt out yet.

She was said to be a "portal" frame yet non of her skills shows it...

Also if you change the energy color on it it wont be sunlight right?

My suggestion for her 4th skill is  Soul Cannon/ Beam

Visually its the same, but consumes the souls of the dead.

For every enemy killed with 50m of wisp their life force/soul is collected. It will need 5 (or 10) kills to create a wisp flame that will orbit around wisp. Wisp will be able to carry a max of 2(or3) wisp flames.

Using her 4th skill will consume 1 of the flames and firing a beam with 50(100) ammo. Basically the wisp flames act as magazine for the skill.

Also as a bonus the quality of soul wisp collect is based on the level of the enemy. Higher level the enemy killed, the stronger the cannon gets.

Edited by Neptlude

Step 1: join a defence or interception mission and place resevoirs in enemy spawns

Step 2: mash 3 repeatedly

Congratulations! You have now ruined the game for your teammates by spawn killing everything with minimal effort!

Seriously though, am I missing something about how wisps 1 and 3 work or did DE just potentially bring back soundquake?

Here are some other issues I've got with wisp:

-her 1 and 3 look like they'll only actually work in defence missions

-everything about her 4. I dont really know what DE was going for with this frame's theme. However, I do know that firing a sun laser does not fit whatever her theme is supposed to be. Also can we stop with the channeling ultimate abilities that turn off our weapons? They're not fun, restrict movement and are usually less effective than just using our primary weapons anyway.

I think wisp needs to go right back to the drawing board. DE should probably stop releasing new frames so quickly if it is going to result in this level of quality. Perhaps they could finally get on reworking some of the old frames instead?

Well first off. You have not even gotten the frame how can you have an opinion of something gameplay related?  Furthermore, they said he theme had to do with portals and space bending, including her own dimension, which explains her abilities. Lastly, it is off your opinion that channeled ults are not fun and it is not a fact. So dismissive. Just yeet here away before she even has a chance to be released. Great feedback from the always reliable forums smh.

• Like 1

yeah i think they have smoked some good ol weed before designed her first ability, (explain why they look like plants lol)

the fact they said vauban kit is outdated in the same stream and just after show us another cicle ability make me wonder if they really care about the sationary vauban torid combo aka 2013 setup

she was a ghost themed frame, but they changed too portal themed this is why she release the sun with her ult (was really hoping to some cc stealth skills aka possession