Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

seem great, but knowing DE at best this could end as an Augment instead of QoL,

Imo A exhalted Beam could resolve lot of issue if  its  Heat base dmg , (we got a battacor exhalted so why not a Beam)

Edited by Hex-Maniac

I liked her 2, she feels like an anti Ivara prowl mixed with loki decoy - invisible only when jumping and  moving fast but able to go through lasers. 

Her 1 does not exactly suit her, may be just me, are they supposed to be summoned wisps? From wisp land? I rather they had effects more like health conversion or energy conversion, not particularly hate or love it. 

Her 3 is fully dependent on you having cast 1 already, any ability that depends on a previous ability to be active (and not just buffs/synergies) is a bad decision in my books. 

Her 4... Maybe I feel biased because it is referred to as sun portal, if it was called foxfire I may be less inclined to say it is not feeling right on her. Just needs to look more like an actual foxfire and I will not have any problems. 

I like her #4 & #2.
I'm very uneasy over her #1 & #3 as well...look at Vauban.
Stationary abilities & etc tend to get ignored or used in gameplay.

I don't need every new frame to be a "god" / "S-Tier" frame. But repeating the mistakes of the past worries me.
I see her needing a rework sooner than any other new Frame.

She gives off that Titania vibe...

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

Her final name may not be "Wisp". That is a placeholder.

I disagree with the flowers on every Wisp Thread because it is an ability wheel. She is a fast frame that is kill or be killed. There is no time to select buffs and hold cast them.

I will always maintain it should be a tap cast that puts a damage patch, or make her shoot a small flying ball that burns and CCs things.

4 hours ago, Trickster_God_Loki said:

DE should relocate Sol to Ember, she needs it.

Instead of sun beam, why not keep summoning theme going?

Wisps summons her copies from another dimension ( like mirage). those copies seeks out nearest enemy and explode for aoe dmg when they reach it. ( dmg type of explosion based on her flowers from 1st ability . Green- corrosive, red-blast, blue- magnetic)

I like this idea. And make it the clones appear from the pods too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trickster_God_Loki said:

DE should relocate Sol to Ember, she needs it.

Instead of sun beam, why not keep summoning theme going?

Wisps summons her copies from another dimension ( like mirage). those copies seeks out nearest enemy and explode for aoe dmg when they reach it. ( dmg type of explosion based on her flowers from 1st ability . Green- corrosive, red-blast, blue- magnetic)

Might as well give her a cloud of bats on her 1 and a soul leech on her 3 eh?

Wisp looks good, plays well, but still feels kinda barebones with her kit.

Passive aerial invisibility is always useful to have.

Reservoirs being little buff fountains with their cute mini-wisps, seem more like aliens than portal inspired. When the visual effects are done, hopefully they spin around and float up and down with a portal under them.

Health regen, speed boost, and lightning discharge seem like solid buffs for any party. The mini-wisps even regrow from the used reservoirs, so they won't just float around uselessly. 

Light is a solid distraction/mobility power. No complaints here. Plus it looks very mesmerising, good ability.

Harness should do a bit more than just make reservoirs go supernova. Maybe holding down 3 makes Wisp teleport to each reservoir in the order she placed them (let go to stop teleporting), and can pickup the buffs while she does that too. Then you would want to put more thought into reservoir placement, since it allows you to create fallback points.

Sol is awesome to behold and to use. This death beam of sunlight is cool at first, but it does need to tie together with the rest of her kit. Wisp seems to go walking pace when firing Sol, and I haven't seen her be able to jump while channeling it (which means she can't go invis with her passive). What can it do aside from incinerate everything hostile? How would Reservoir, Light, and Harness benefit from Sol if it hits them?

Curious to see where they take Wisp before she releases.

Edited by PsiWarp

Well with the reveal of Wisp's abilities, let us have a chat.

1st ability

This needs to be changed but not scrapped. I like the idea of creating buffs that your allies can pick up but the issue is you will probably be the only ones using them which is not inherently a bad thing but it is not good. I propose this. Keep those cool lookin flower things but make them more radiant. Remove the pick and choose function and make a single cast summon the 3 of them around you in a triangle and limit the deployment of these to a maximum of 4 triangles at a time. As for the buffs, I feel they need to change. I like the movement speed buff, prehaps work in the cc field intot he move speed buff? The health buff is fine but prehaps work some mitigation nto it? The cc field has to change to a damage buff of sorts maybe even providing lifesteal?

2nd ability

Cool looking ability. It fits her theme of portals and light; all that ethereal stuff. I just wish it moved faster and had a longer base duration.

3rd ability

This should absolutely be independent from her 1 or else it will become unreliable. I propose this. When she cast this ability a wave of energy will also radiate from her and her allies

4th ability

I like it. It looks cool but the problem is that it makes her vulnerable.  Revenant can dash in his ult and Baruuk has mitagations. Since Wisp is all about light and portals, why not have her avoid damage during Sol. Prehaps channeling the solar power destabilizes he form making it harder for bullets to land on her?.

12 hours ago, SRBvuk22 said:

After watching devstream l was in shock of what l saw.Wisp looks awful in every sense of the word.

First ability is deployable buff that requires players to pick it up.There are few problems in that, first in most non premade games people will just ignore it, second in order for this to be even usable buffs need to be supper high, as far as it's revealed in devstream buffs are too week.

Second ability is moving decoy/teleport, this ability is just useless and it does not belong in warframe, moving speed of projectile wisp is too slow and duration of decoy is insanely low.Why add slow moving teleport if we can cross entire map with bullet jumps in matter of seconds? This ability needs to be removed.

Third ability is just boring, it could be useful if it deals good damage but otherwise it's just boring ability.

Forth ability is just press2win,even worst than revenent, as his other abilities were at least decent.If this ability does a lot of damage it could be useful in boss fights, but l hope they change it.

Now my main problem with wisp is her ability design, they said she was supposed to be some sort of portal mage, non of her abilities scream that.Her 1 is boring deployable, 2 is just a decoy, 3 lame damage and 4 energy beam.Her abilities just don't work. l hope they change her entire kit, otherwise l doubt she will be played that often.

Are you shaking right now?

Implying you cannot achieve the same thing with a certain press 1, then 4, warframe?

Not sure why people are so against efficient killing methods when this literally means the mission ends in half the time, you get your reward in half the time, and you can move on to your next mission with a new party and away from the warframes you hate so much. It's as if some people literally want the whole world to revolve around them and remove or call for nerfs to any means of playing that does not fit their playstyle. Imposing their ideas on others. 

Edited by Xepthrichros

I don't have opinion on her but she does not look like a ghost based frame after they shown her abilities. Most of those abilities are picked up from different frame concepts and maybe one of her ability could say ghostish.

Edited by Agrissa88
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Agrissa88 said:

I don't have opinion on her but she does not look like a ghost based frame after they shown her abilities. Most of those abilities are picked up from different frame concepts and maybe one of her ability could say ghostish.

reused assets man its killing this game, when was the last time DE released a frame that totally changed how you view and play this freaking game ? 

her whole kits is mix of Vauban and Titania and also an ultimate ability that is just like Revenant 4th but with single ''sun'' beam with have jack sht to do with ghost methodology.

this frame is a fail more than Khora from the looks of it, i now understand why they made her bum the focus of what she have to offer.

Edited by Jinzanami

180?cb=20190118201629

Picture this: Wisp is Gliding in the air, but instead of being"invisible" she take a gostly form and a trail of light (like her second ability) is following her, effectively attracting fire.

Picture also this: Mother Wisp stand there surrended by her cute little Wisp critters. She flots gracefully over the floor. Suddently (you activate her 4th), she puts her arms foward. Her hands have now horrifying claws and she starts sucking the souls of any ennemies that cross the path of her Death Light Ray!!   

Instead of the freaking SUN that goes out of her, its a ghostly light that goes IN. Powerful, but see throught. Like a Soul sucking vaccum .. xD

So I really love the animations of that new Frame, but it seems recurrent with Warframe where the Devs choose a thematic, but in the end there is one or two abilities that does not follow it 😕

I mean Wisp is supposed to be a little light that mislead wanderers into the dept of the forest where a Ghostly Mother Wisp is awaiting to devorer your soul, isn't it ? Not burn you to ashes 🙃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jinzanami said:

reused assets man its killing this game, when was the last time DE released a frame that totally changed how you view and play this freaking game ? 

her whole kits is mix of Vauban and Titania and also an ultimate ability that is just like Revenant but with single beam with have jack sht to do with ghost methodology.

this frame is a fail more than Khora from the looks of it, i know understand why they made her bum the focus of what she have to offer.

Khora is at least useful frame and has it's uses beyond the dome. She can cc and deal damage too.

Wisp looks like have some used concept from Flora (plant based frame), Revenant, Vauban, Titania and some mix from other frames. Not really looks ghostly because her abilities are close to others. Let's hope those will be at least useful and operate well in real test.

That is a sad story if the devs cannot make more unique ideas or at least lend ideas from other games where this works. 2 frame in row which is not interests me at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, deadstock said:

Really nicely constructed analysis. 

All I can really do is agree woth the majority of your points.

Her one is deployed and cycled, two mechanics that have never really worked since they're too slow and a cumbersome to acquire in such a fast paced game. It also doesn't suit wisp thematically as a portal based mage. All her other abilities are a form of energy manipulation or projection using portals I assume. But her one just summons flowerpots? 

I'm not a fan of how a single ability is being used to force her into the support category. All her other abilities point towards a glass cannon with a mobile and tricky playstyle. Except her one which gives three utility affects that are all provided more easily by other frames that also have kits centered around support/utility (volt/trinity/Oberon). It just seems odd. If they are going to give her a utility ability make it a single unique buff that fits her aesthetic.

Also, it's my understanding that her two also taunts as its traveling? If I'm right this allows you to taunt enemies and draw them together before using your fourth ability, removing some of the danger of being so immobile. 

I was really excited for this frame and I'm still hopeful, the potential is there is just not quite there yet. 

The problem is that if they do anything drastic to her 1 it's going to force them to change her 3.  As her 3 entirely depends on her 1.  I can't see them changing her 1 drastically at this point.  I could learn to deal with the deployables if they can some how change how you cast them for pad players.  That and if her 3 could still interact with the flowers post buff taken.  Or activating 3 pulses not only from the buffs on the ground but also the ones surrounding her.

Yeah it seems to draw aggro like loki's Decoy but maybe more aggressively since it also makes Whisp invisible.  I think sending her 2 out is going to be key to using her properly.  Since you could easily combine it with her passive in order to completely move out of the enemies vision.  I believe her 4 exists entirely to capitalize on that.  It feels sort of like a hit and run style but with the option to either misdirect or go on the offensive.  I just don't think the way her 1/3 work at the moment fit organically with this kind of style.  I don't welcome the idea of using my invisibility and decoy to frantically place buffs down constantly.  I already get anxiety from trying to keep up with my placed mines on Vauban. 

3 hours ago, 000l000 said:

If she's supposed to teleport through portals, why not making her teleport herself instead of bullet jumps for example ? Thus she could move faster, i'm not a huge fan or her current passive anyway. Alerted enemies will still be an issue and playing airborn isn't much suitable to most frames except from Zephyr for obvious reasons.

A teleport in place of bullet jumps with a short duration invisibility afterward would have been way funnier and definitely more useful.

The way I see it is that she's meant to use her passive in two ways.  If you are in a room with good height you can bullet jump up and glide through a door to where you want to be.  And chuck a decoy out to further your invisiblity if need be to get to your spot.  Or vise versa.  Your surrounded and you throw out your decoy to taunt and go invisible.  then you quickly use your bullet jump to go invisible and leave the danger.  Teleporting to her decoy being as a means to traverse away safely if no other option presents itself.

She seems very hit and run using trickery and deception to survive.  Using her 4 when the opportunity arises/she's not the main focus of the enemies.  The problem is static deployables with an ability that depends on their existence to be used just doesn't fit this style.  But who knows.  Maybe it'll click for me once she's on pc for others to chew on.  Or once I actually play her myself.  She deff feels like a more nuanced frame compared to how straight forward Hyldrin was.

11 hours ago, Mister_Sneeze said:

I love these ideas for her 4! and I assume by more damage you also me stronger, because the healing and speed don't do damage unless you press your 3 from how I understand it. This is the best post talking about her so far!

thanks.

I'm not the type of person to say "dead on release" that much, but as Wisp is now, in the Dev build, is only gonna repeat Revenant 

The idea was that Rev was supposed to be a Vampire Frame, but then somehow got the idea to make it an Eidolon Frame and quickly slap a lore reason behind it. In such (and I'm just gonna assume here) Reb wanted her Vampire stuff to stay, cuz well Vampires (I love Vampires too).

So, what did they do?: They kept the "Vampire"  1st (and 4th: Just the name) power and then slapped the rest of the Eidolon stuff later. (Note: The Eidolon stuff, like his, reave and 4th, where only added and fixed later: His 4th Adaption thing and His 3rd doing the Mist thing) 

Now: Wisp is also suffering the same thing. Wisp is a Ghost/Phantom type of frame, she floats around in the air, like a ghost, she is feetless, has a vixen-like adjusted flex to her, she is supposed to be dark and cold, but perhaps to some keen eyes, a distracting entity.

Yet: For some reason, NONE of her powers reflects on that, in any shape or form. (Besides her Passive and Teleport Power). For some reason, they changed their mind and wanted to add flower like pocket Wisps to her? and the power to be able to "Portal gun, to the sun" (Portal 2 reference). I'm sorry, What?. If anything the god damm sun of all things belongs on EMBER.

if Wisp keeps her powers as they are now, I'm afraid Wisp is not gonna do the Justice and I can already see people just using her for Fashion Framing and using her Floating/Float Walking stance, on other frames (Like Limbo Sentient skin *cough*). It's quite sad to see such a Ghostly/Wisp theme, turn into Plant Vs Zombies, type of style.

So, that is my overall feelings on WIsp, (Yes it is a dev build and I really hope they feedback into account). However I will re-do this topic at a later date, with more detailed out thoughts and feedback, but this one so far is just a "to the point" thread.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
Fixed a few things
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, deadstock said:

Her 4th is definitely a pure damage ability, but I think there is some synergy with her 2nd? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was mentioned that whilst her 2 is travelling it will taunt enemies? Grouping them and making it easier to blast then with 4 as well as preventing you from getting hammered with gunfire or melees whilst you're channeling. 

This is a potential synergy yes.  But we won't know how effective that is until we can see what we do with mods.  Because from what we saw the decoy doesnt seem to last that long.  We don't even know if it has a health pool like loki's or if it's purely based on duration.  But even if this synergy was good it still doesn't entirely help her survivability when using her 4.  As she gets a ramping damage bonus the longer she's hitting an enemy.  Unless she can just shoot out another decoy during her 4 she'll probably get focused on by new enemies.

Personally I was hoping she could shoot her decoy for some kind of effect.  Like maybe detonating the decoy for the effect that Whisp normally gets when she teleports to the decoy.  Or if she shoots the deployables something happens.

not really,assuming her damage numbers are decent at least

1:6 seperate buffs allow potential as a healer and an eidolon hunter

2:aggro control can be pretty powerful assuming it forces enemy aggro or 'taunts'

3:assuming the damage is good it's nice to see a killer queen style bomb ability ingame

4:overpowered but at least visually clear and makes sense,current nukers simply delete enemy spawn rates,not actually kill

vor 6 Stunden schrieb deadstock:

Her 2 is a moving taunt. My understanding is that you can cast her 2 which taunts enemies in a line allowing you to blast them with your 4, without getting shot at.

Its not a perfect ability, but it suits her theme as a portal based mage, channeling energy through a portal from another dimension. 

they just shoot it. taunting doesnt mean pulling them in a line.