Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

i don't get why people make threads like this. at the very bottom of the screen during a Devstream it says "Dev build" this means anything and everything you are watching is subject to change, the demonstration is just to show you the basics of what the ability does: actual stats, Utilities and Synergies are added later on, usually via a hotfix. you'll never actually knowhow good, mediocre, or bad she is at each aspect of Warframe until you actually play her. yet every time a new frame gets shown there's always a few that say "ugh, it's trash". maybe you're right... but how will you know until the frame is actually released?

honestly looks and sounds pretty decent to me on paper. bear in mind that this is frame #40.. we are past the point of frames overlapping with things like Invisibility, AoEs and high DPS ults. there aren't really any more original abilities left to put in, and every frame typically needs to have at least one DPS, one Survival skill and a half-decent CC just to be considered usable nowadays, so you're probably gonna find that every new frame fits this kind of basic formula, but with different effects and animations.

you know you can always just use a frame simply because you like them, right?

9 out of 10 times abilities don't change only numbers.And problem is in her core kit.

• Like 2

The problem is the wave's created from her flowers via her 3 will be different depending on what buff that flower has.  So asking them to combine all the buffs into one thing is also asking them to combine those effects together as well.  And it seems to go against the idea they're trying to play with.  Which is having tactical buff placement that doubles as a way to impact the enemy.  My problem with her 1 is purely input based.  it's obnoxious to cast like that on a controller.  Vauban's gameplay is already like this and it physically cramps my hand to do that in an endless mission.

As for her 3 they could absolutely have that effect since the buffs circle around people who have them.  I'd like to see that.  The interesting thing is that the buffs themselves emit an aura of their effect.  So you don't need to actually pick them up.  This was something I missed when writing my thread.  Does this mean allies can't pick up her buffs and only she can?  Do you have to manually input picking it up as an ally?  It raises questions.

She looks great, plays great and a incredible team player with team buffs and aggro. I’m just hoping her buff numbers aren’t terrible like Titania’s with over 200% power strength. Also I’m sure her Sun ability will be tweaked slightly but it’s good that it’s considered over powered. We don’t have many abilities like it. Most ults are CC or aoe abilities taking out groups. Ults that aren’t aoe should be powerful. 

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

1 hour ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

4th ability

I like it. It looks cool but the problem is that it makes her vulnerable.  Revenant can dash in his ult and Baruuk has mitagations. Since Wisp is all about light and portals, why not have her avoid damage during Sol. Prehaps channeling the solar power destabilizes he form making it harder for bullets to land on her?.

If Wisp is actually opening a portal to the sun, there should also be a huge gravity pull, which could act as CC?

I'm actually really liking her so far.  My biggest grip is deff how you cast her 1.  They did state she's not finished.  That her abilities will have additional effects/synergies.  Like for instance the waves that come from her flowers when she uses her 3 have a different effect, (on top of doing damage,) depending on what the buff was.  That wasn't present in the showcase.  I think she's a more nuanced frame and how she's going to play is likely flying over a lot of people's heads.

I think Whisp was maybe considered a ghost/specter frame at one time.  But that is no longer the case.  To me she's more of a mysterious entity frame.  Like think limbo in that she has control over her own dimension.  I don't think this is communicated very well in the visuals of her abilities so far, but this was purely a showcase of where they're at with her.  They did strictly mention that there will be more synergies and effects on her abilities so don't take what we saw as an indicator for "that's all you're getting."

I would love to have a frame based around being an actual ghost/specter.  But Whisp visually doesn't fit that for me.  She's more weird/creepy alien vibes.  I mean her invisible effects aren't even her going invisible in the normal sense.  She's phasing herself from current reality into her reality.  I think they need to nail her visuals better for her abilities to support this direction. 100%

11 hours ago, Tazrizen said:

That's a shame because I enjoyed what I saw.

Ok but how bout you just use them yourself? Not everyone needs to benefit from trins healing to be useful, she can just straight murder things while being practically immortal. 

How is aggro drop and mobility a bad thing? It even stuns targets on teleport so that you can mop up whatever is blinded. Are we to say that swap teleport is a bad ability? How bout wormhole? How bout just all mobility skills? You're overreacting. 

"This ability is boring because it is" gee, I suppose we can call other abilities that don't have the fat effects that aren't murder everything in the room also boring. You haven't even seen the damage, and in the next line you say that her 4 is just going to be press 4 to win anyhow, why would you complain that this needs damage if you don't want- christ it's hurting my head. 

Rev was press 4 to kill everything on the floor. What exactly is wrong with frames having an ult that does damage if their kit doesn't have much of it? Not everything can be a magical glittery rainbow of intense puzzle chess mechanics darling, suck it up and just enjoy the energy beams. 

FTFY. 

I on the other hand will definitely play her. 

l doubt she will be immortal as what is shown on devstream.

It's bad thing as decoy is moving and if it hit's the it dies.And let's be honest there are a lot of walls in warframe.Wormhole is good because it it's instant teleport for you and teammates.Wisp's teleport is just weird as it's so slow you would do better by just bullet jumping and operator dashing.

As for new warframe l don't expect them to have abilities that do nothing expect area damage.Third ability is just objectively boring. l can see how wisp will be played. Place 1 where enemies spawn and spam 3.And if that's not boring l don't know what is.

Abilities that are just press4win are never good and they hurt fun of playing that warframe.

l see 2 ways wisp will be played.First is as l said before press 1 where enemies spawn and spam 3 and second is just holding down ult.

For me at least wisp looks like terrible warframe. Boring and unoriginal.And l doubt she will be picked in late game missions.

25 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

not really,assuming her damage numbers are decent at least

1:6 seperate buffs allow potential as a healer and an eidolon hunter

2:aggro control can be pretty powerful assuming it forces enemy aggro or 'taunts'

3:assuming the damage is good it's nice to see a killer queen style bomb ability ingame

4:overpowered but at least visually clear and makes sense,current nukers simply delete enemy spawn rates,not actually kill

why dont you make response to the threads you have problem with directly ? like srlsy dude this is the second time you doing this.

no amount of sugar coating her abilitys like a used cars sells man gonna change the fact that her abilitys set are rushed/copy pasta and have jack to do with anything ghost methodology related except her appearance, i mean Sun beam ? cmon now DE wheres your creativity, stop reusing assets like this and pushing crap out then fixing it when you have a deluxe or prime access ready, we can see trough your bullsht DE .

Edited by Jinzanami
  • Like 1

hum i like the idea of "Ghost mode" make her viable late content, bc l'ets be honest, try to bring her her in arbitration survival grineer or corpus 30 min or more  if you don"t' camp, you will be dead at the first error, or aim bot spawn enemy (yeah i speak you naplam)

i was asking for an exhalted Beam for prevent elemental issues like ARMOR SCALING , but something like this will fit her well and give her more survivalbility + still focus to her first theme, and with another name could even fit portal theme

Edited by Hex-Maniac
  • Like 1

i really like your idea of making her unique in the sense that she uses void damage, it would be cool to see a warframe with a bigger connection to the void, after all, we have a rift walker, an eidolon frame, kinda a corpus one, an infested frame, why not a void one? i agree that none of her abilities feel like they match her theme

So Wisp is showcased finally! We saw her in action with her very much WIP powers, based around the theme of creating portals leading to various places and even her own little dimension. I would like to chime in to give some feedback and suggestions on the kit shown thus far.

Passive - Aerial Invisibility

• This passive is one of the more player involved ones we have, and provides Wisp a possible stealth approach to her gameplay with evasiveness during combat. Very good and useful. It fits her appearance as a ghost-like entity and her theme of being a space anomaly manipulator.

1. Reservoir

• Rather than simple buffs, lets have the three icons represent actual places Wisp can access with her portals.
  • Red = Sol (the sun), blue = Aera (the sky), and green = Gaia (the earth)
  • Let Wisp summon reservoirs from a distance rather than just in front of her.
  • Visually have a little portal underneath each reservoir to represent Wisp's theme a bit more, I know the animations aren't finished yet but just a head's up.
  • Those little wisps and the reservoirs look like they are made of Wisp's flesh, small familiars she keeps tucked inside her own dimension (like Hydroid and his Kraken).

2. Light

• Solid ability for distraction and traveling. I also noticed Wisp goes invisible when the decoy is cast, nice touch. The CC from the teleport blinds enemies and gives Wisp brief invulnerability, so she can have some presence in the thick of battle and a short window to skedaddle away/go invisible in the air.

3. Harness

• AoE detonation around each active reservoir for damage and possibly status effects (guessing Heat, Electric and Toxin/Cold)? Perhaps also detonate a portal from Wisp herself when this is cast (for Blast dmg type), so she has a "get out of my face" ability to use against enemies that come too close.
  • Also please let her use Harness to detonate an AoE around her Light clone while it is still traveling.
  • Basically overloading her portals to the point they let out violent explosions.

4. Ray

• Depending on her selected reservoir type, Wisp would create a different type of ray from this fourth ability. Cycle between her reservoirs while Ray is active to change the effect to suit the situation.
  • The more reservoirs of the same type are active and nearby, the more empowered the Ray becomes.
  • Sol unleashes a devastating ray of solar flares that burns everything in its path, dealing Heat and Radiation damage per second with status effect procs. The longer a target is burned, the more damage the beam inflicts to everything else. Innate punch-through on the beam allows multiple enemies in a line to be scorched to death.
  • Aera leads to the midst of a raging storm, creating a cone of CC and damage causing enemies to be slowed and ragdolled away by turbulent winds when they come too close to Wisp. Enemies are dealt Cold damage per second by the winds with proc and occasionally stuck by lightning taking Electric damage with proc.
  • Gaia channels vibrations of the tectonic shifts and intense gravitational pull within the nearby planet Wisp is on, causing a continuous conical shockwave to emanate from Wisp toward her crosshair that knocks down enemies and deals large amounts of Blast and Magnetic damage with proc per hit. Enemies are slowly drawn toward Wisp and take increased damage when near the epicenter of the shockwave.

Wisp is an elusive and mobile buffer with a penchant for dealing damage in selective areas and against enemies immediately in front of her. I imagine that she would want to lay down a field of buffing reservoirs easily accessible by her and her allies, and also at chokepoints where enemies gather only to have the explosions mass damage and debuff them with status effects; then Wisp can get her hands dirty opening a portal to three different places blasting away enemies, using the natural disasters on the other side, for damage or CC or both.

Edited by PsiWarp
  • Like 3

I was super stoked to get hildryn and find her a bunch of fun to play. This so far doesn't inspire me all that much but it's an early version designed for feedback. So I'll be patient. But if this were her final kit I'm not sure how well it would fit with the way I play, but that's just me.

Edited by z3us32610

I'm kinda amused (and saddened?) by the thought that it seems like DE had an over-the-top "association game" when they designed Wisp. Lemme show you what I mean:

"So... Wisp... what do you guys think when you hear that?"

"Like, spirits and ghosts maybe?"

*designs her walking animation in a ghostlike manner*

"Like that! Yeah, that fits perfectly! We can even give her something related to invisibility, as I bet people are gonna associate spirits/ghosts with that as well (her passive gets designed)."

"Yeah, that's nice. Hmmm... what else?"

"Hey, you know, wisps are sometimes associated with swamps and such? Or nature and plants. You know, like in the Warcraft-universe?"

"Right, so we can give her a plant-like skill! (her 1st ability gets designed)"

"Neat! ... but now what?"

"Oh! OH! I know! Plants feed from the sun, right? So, how about SOLAR POWERS?!"

"YEAH! That sounds awesome! (her 3rd and 4th ability gets designed)"

"Dude, that's totally rad! People love nukes! And that 4 looks sweet man!"

"I know right?! Hmm... but now we need one more skill".

"Oh yeah... hmmm. We have both ghost-like stuff and solar light stuff in her design now. Can we make something that somewhat ties both together so people don't think we just "wandered off" when we designer here, hehe"

"That's easy! (her 2nd ability gets designed)"

"Perfect! Our solar/spirit Warframe is now complete!

No?

Edited by Azamagon
  • Like 1

It makes me raise an eyebrow that DE gave her a passive that benefits a bunny hopping playstyle and yet she sounds like she has 0 support for a very aerial playstyle.

If you're telling me to leap around you're telling me to play mobile.

If you're telling me to place health stations you're telling me to play campy.

It feels weird to be told to do both.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

Well, Inaros 2 and 3 are debatable, you are right, but the concept of having only a big healthpool in combination with his ablities is miles ahead of what we ve recently got.

It isn't really debatable, Inaros is mostly garbage just like Wukong is, it's just a melee frame with multiple sets of training wheels for people that don't want to put effort into learning how to survive high levels. 

My thoughts after reading few post and yours:

I still think her 1 should be a mobile instant cast of blessing or buff.... choose the buff with long press, then short press to release. If aim at nothing, self buff, if aim at ally, you buff them (heal, regen and speed), and if you aim at a foe, you do dmg to them (like the red buff will drain health, the blue buff with stun them, and the green buff will slow them) etc etc etc

I like her 2, but it needs to go faster, and longer duration. Also without repeating Titania's lantern of distracting foe, it should have an element of damage, say if it pass through a foe, it should do small amount of negative effect on them as well.... stun, life drain etc

Her 3 should be completely re-do. Think someone mention perhaps her 3 will instant blast her 1's blessing and do small aoe? say if she cast her 1 to an ally and a foe, by pressing her 3 it will just detonate those bless into a small aoe of the type.... So everything would be her waking time bomb?

Or her 3 will simply summon a black hole and suck foes in?

I like your "Ghost" idea for her 4: Goes into "phantom" mode, in a energy translucent state, with energy flares coming out of her. Her moving speed increase, and she can zip pass friends and foe. When she pass through a foe, she zap them with either a proc, a stun, or drain energy/armour; when she pass through an ally, it heals/take away proc, or buff them.

But having said that as we know Warframe at this stage, CC as a 4th ability on a frame is...less popular..... hence i thought if there are some damage in there might makes it more "functional"

Dont get me wrong, i agree her current 4 looks great, but just doenst fit her, and i guess perhaps DE were blind sighted (punds intended) by how pretty the animation looks 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Benour said:

This frame should be called "mashed potatoes". Random skills/features mashed together.

Cant wait to see this huge ass laser in every mission, and i though simulor mirage was bad... 

DE we never intended to make nuke frames, proceed to make nuke frames.

• Like 1