Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

You could argue that. However, theme is an important factor for some people (You know those guys that will say things like "I play for fun, not to be efficient"?).

Obviously, some people might consider being powerful as their main "fun factor".

But nobody can deny, there are people that care more about "fluff" than "crunch", and then there is the ones that want both.

We can't say if Wisp will deliver on the "crunch"-side, we don't know the numbers and precise interactions between abilities.

We CAN say that thematically, she is not just all over the place, but essentially completely random.

Maybe to you, but to me she makes plenty of sense. 

She seems like a spirit-fire/ethereal spellcaster. 

I think you're just so used to your box of how to do things, and so comfortable in the way of doing things you already have, that you don't want to consider something else. (Based on the arguments you used)

Edited by Maka.Bones

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

it just sounds like you repeating what someone else said lol

That's because I am? If you remember my first post here was agreeing with someone (which is quite literally repeating them).

Not to mention how those "moving buffs" come from a completely stationary dispenser, which you conveniently omit every time.

5 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

We CAN say that thematically, she is not just all over the place, but essentially completely random.

Thematically, to you. Other than her BS one, her theme of "light manipulator" over "portal frame" is pretty apparent. You could still say "the plants will receive the light of Wisp". I don't just like the abilities, I like the overall way they are put on the frame EXCEPT the 1.

The ghost lady people are grasping at straws here - I reiterate, DE never said she was to be a Ghost Lady. I didn't expect one either. It's a bit like reading the cover of a science book, then saying you know all the contents.

There are people who care about "fluff". But they are going to the fruit stall to buy vegetables and demanding vegetables just because both come from plants, if you catch my drift.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

That's because I am? If you remember my first post here was agreeing with someone (which is quite literally repeating them).

Not to mention how those "moving buffs" come from a completely stationary dispenser, which you conveniently omit every time.

Yeah, you PICK THEM UP. 

What is so hard to understand about that? You have to pick up loot from containers. You have to pick up objects for a quest. You have to pick up plenty of things. 

How is *picking up a buff* something *stationary*? 

The hub is stationary, but it can easily be moved... So I don't see how that makes *her* stationary

You can move them, by re-casting her one. So what's the issue?

Edited by Maka.Bones

2 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Nope, DE themselves stated she is a "Portal frame", where the only ability related to that is her 4. Making the theme conflict something that objectively exists.

They were being vague, to avoid spoilers. 

Also it was Reb who said that, and last I knew she wasn't one of the devs/creators who work on warframes...also She's human and can make mistakes )

What they said wasn't canon. 

What they said wasn't law. 

What they said wasn't final. 

Just because they said "she's a portal frame" doesn't mean everything she does has to be related to portals. -_-

Stop being so nitpicky and pouty. You're just doing it because you can't get over your disappointment, and it's not letting you see something which you could potentially enjoy & appreciate. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

Nope, DE themselves stated she is a "Portal frame", where the only ability related to that is her 4. Making the theme conflict something that objectively exists.

Teleporting is NOT portal to you? 

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Easy to explain her 3 too. Small holes to the sun not as big as her 4.

Only the 1 fails the theme check..

11 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

How is *picking up a buff* something *stationary*? 

The hub is stationary

11 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

You can move them, by re-casting her one. So what's the issue?

Let's see:

You are playing a mission that is not based around sitting in a single spot.

That means that unless you want to travel all the way back everytime to refresh buffs, you need to cast the ability everytime you want to refresh.

Meaning, it works exactly like a simple buff ability just with the added tedium of the dispensing stuff.

Chroma/Valkyr/etc runs out of buff? They recast it, everyone in range gets it back instantly.

Wisp runs out of buffs, she needs to recast three times and then re-pick up everything.

This ability is additional tedium for no real reason. Sorry.

Edited by HugintheCrow

Just now, CodeUltimate said:

OMG why are people defending DE so much. Wisp has the fail abilities of multiple frames like the buffs from titania, a S#&$ty 3 that only works with her stationary 1 and a revenant's 4th abitlity.

I will continue to attack her 1 for being terrible. Wisp's one is DogS#&$. It is #*!%ED.

The rest could be fun and good if made properly, so I defend it, but the 1 really has to go for something more legit.

4 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Teleporting is NOT portal to you? 

Switching positions with a decoy is not portals.

Even if it is a solid ability which I think fits alright-ish. It actually fits the "ghost" theme more, ironically.

Edited by HugintheCrow

Switching positions with a decoy is not portals.

Yeah, sure, when it's easy enough to explain "but she opened a wormhole between them and swapped".

Seriously, you want to argue these kind of silly details, I can go the whole day but it gets dumb.

Edited by Guest

Let's see:

You are playing a mission that is not based around sitting in a single spot.

Let's see:

You probably would be playing your "already warframe of preference" and not wisp ... So I don't see why this matters to you..

And yeah the inconvenience you're describing, is actually something I want. I like that she dispenses it differently. I like that the hubs are stationary, and I (or anyone) can just pick them up. 

What seems like an inconvenience to you, is something I WANT and look forward to.

If she worked like every other frame which buffs, she would be just like any other frame. Which would bore me, and then we would have people complaining about how everyone else can already do "the thing" better than her. 

This is why I like that uniqueness. 

However it does not make her stationary. Most missions in which you move a lot, don't last long enough for a buff to run out (or to even need a buff) 

Plus if you had to move a lot,  or large distances, you'd likely be using someone else. 

2 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Hey, if they make the animation that suggests just that, I'm dropping this complaint instantly.

I thought it already does... 

Edit: You can't see it because it happens so fast (instant) and you're already on the other side, with the portal closed. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

Hey, if they make the animation that suggests just that, I'm dropping this complaint instantly.

Well I wouldn't disagree if some sort of weird ass graphical representation of gluon interactions between quarks linked them and bamf, particles everywhere and it all swapped, blinding all the enemies in a radiant burst of light.

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

I WANT

So you spent all this time telling me I'm not allowed to express my opinion cause it's "just my expectations are not valid argument" and end up with saying "I want this" as the main line.

Alrighty then, thanks for the talk dude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

So you spent all this time telling me I'm not allowed to express my opinion cause it's "just my expectations are not valid argument" and end up with saying "I want this" as the main line.

Alrighty then, thanks for the talk dude.

Edit: --snip-- 

you're basically doing the same thing? All I was doing is arguing that she's not as static as people make her out to be 

I'm not saying that your wants are invalid. Just that the things you want already exist on another warframe, which you likely already like better. So you're just asking for wisp to be a crappier version of someone else, instead of letting her stay unique. I don't get that logic. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

13 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

So you spent all this time telling me I'm not allowed to express my opinion

No, I'm saying that "she's not what I expected" =/= "she sucks"

Those are two different things. Your disappointment doesn't automatically mean that she will suck. It means you should re-evaluate your expectations. 

Secondly I'm not dismissing what you like. I'm trying to show you that maybe there are things that might be enjoyable, which you might not have considered. 

I don't agree with Datam4ss about her 1st ability, but I can't disagree with their logic/argument/train of thought. And the alternative Datam suggested also seems fun. 

You haven't posted an actual reason other than personal disappointment over a fixation which you had, based on misinformation. You haven't pointed an alternative better option to use, which isn't something that already exists within another warframe (which potentially does it better)

I do want to hear how you would rather do it, or what you would prefer to see.... I would prefer reading that, but all I keep reading is "she's not a full portal frame, and I expected a portal frame"

By all means, please write a more detailed/illustrative description of what you wanted or expected or preferred.... Because that would be constructive. I would actually enjoy reading it, even if I disagree. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

As shown on the last Devstream, Wisp's kit was demonstrated and... I can't be the only one that was utterly disappointed in her. I was hoping for a GHOST Warframe, not some mediocre fire elemental of sorts. There's no real theme to her, she's a convoluted mess with no identity, exactly like Revecan't

Passive: The only ethereal aspect of her kit. Make her intangible on top of invisible, although it isn't really needed. 

1. Reservoir: Seems interesting, but buffs are extremely lacking. Make the Reservoirs, on top of giving buffs, also spawn wraiths from 'Wisp's dimension' that attack enemies. Please no reskined normal enemies, custom, ghostly entities would be nice.

2. Light: Whilst the spectre is out, Wisp herself is intangible or add some sort of short buff after she teleports as to incentivize using this over our much faster and free Bullet Jump!

3. Harness: An ability that does absolutely nothing on its own and merely serves to give an additional boost to an existing one. If Reservoir is removed, this ability ends up being UTTERLY UNUSABLE! Add an independent functionality that ALSO synergizes with Reservoir. 

4. Sol: First of all, super creative name. Sun in Spanish, groundbreaking. Intenten de nuevo, por favor. Why not Solar Flare? Anyways, not the point. Sol is simply another press-4-to-win skill that is completely out of place with Wisp's overall theme and aesthetic. My suggestions are:

A. If she is a portal/ghost Warframe, make her ultimate something like she turns incorporeal, gains a speed and evasion boost, and strikes enemies with a ghostly weapon: a scythe that turns an enemy into a Wraith upon death and can open portals for fast travels when performing an aerial attack. Since she has high evasion, able to kill, teleport and spawn Wraiths, the energy drain should be adjusted appropriately as to not allow for over abuse.

B. The beam isn't the Sun itself, since it steps on Ember's toes too much. Make her channel her ethereal power into a destructive beam of IPS that deals more damage if there are active Wraiths nearby and has a wider radius if she is bathing in shadows. I saw Pablo mention that the beam deals more damage the longer it is affecting an enemy, so that's a nice addition.

All in all, I was very excited for Wisp. Her visuals and unique animations had me very hyped... but her implementation was BEYOND disappointing. She's yet another example of WHY RUSHING WARFRAMES IS A TERRIBLE IDEA.

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils
  • Like 7