Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShikiRen

Wisp Review/Early feedback

13 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

So you spent all this time telling me I'm not allowed to express my opinion

No, I'm saying that "she's not what I expected" =/= "she sucks"

Those are two different things. Your disappointment doesn't automatically mean that she will suck. It means you should re-evaluate your expectations. 

Secondly I'm not dismissing what you like. I'm trying to show you that maybe there are things that might be enjoyable, which you might not have considered. 

I don't agree with Datam4ss about her 1st ability, but I can't disagree with their logic/argument/train of thought. And the alternative Datam suggested also seems fun. 

You haven't posted an actual reason other than personal disappointment over a fixation which you had, based on misinformation. You haven't pointed an alternative better option to use, which isn't something that already exists within another warframe (which potentially does it better)

I do want to hear how you would rather do it, or what you would prefer to see.... I would prefer reading that, but all I keep reading is "she's not a full portal frame, and I expected a portal frame"

By all means, please write a more detailed/illustrative description of what you wanted or expected or preferred.... Because that would be constructive. I would actually enjoy reading it, even if I disagree. 

Well I'm out. Someone removed my thread and added my comments onto here. 

That's really annoying. 

Why were all the threads merged and moved to General Discussion? Shouldn't it be on the Feedback forums?

As shown on the last Devstream, Wisp's kit was demonstrated and... I can't be the only one that was utterly disappointed in her. I was hoping for a GHOST Warframe, not some mediocre fire elemental of sorts. There's no real theme to her, she's a convoluted mess with no identity, exactly like Revecan't

Passive: The only ethereal aspect of her kit. Make her intangible on top of invisible, although it isn't really needed. 

1. Reservoir: Seems interesting, but buffs are extremely lacking. Make the Reservoirs, on top of giving buffs, also spawn wraiths from 'Wisp's dimension' that attack enemies. Please no reskined normal enemies, custom, ghostly entities would be nice.

2. Light: Whilst the spectre is out, Wisp herself is intangible or add some sort of short buff after she teleports as to incentivize using this over our much faster and free Bullet Jump!

3. Harness: An ability that does absolutely nothing on its own and merely serves to give an additional boost to an existing one. If Reservoir is removed, this ability ends up being UTTERLY UNUSABLE! Add an independent functionality that ALSO synergizes with Reservoir. 

4. Sol: First of all, super creative name. Sun in Spanish, groundbreaking. Intenten de nuevo, por favor. Why not Solar Flare? Anyways, not the point. Sol is simply another press-4-to-win skill that is completely out of place with Wisp's overall theme and aesthetic. My suggestions are:

A. If she is a portal/ghost Warframe, make her ultimate something like she turns incorporeal, gains a speed and evasion boost, and strikes enemies with a ghostly weapon: a scythe that turns an enemy into a Wraith upon death and can open portals for fast travels when performing an aerial attack. Since she has high evasion, able to kill, teleport and spawn Wraiths, the energy drain should be adjusted appropriately as to not allow for over abuse.

B. The beam isn't the Sun itself, since it steps on Ember's toes too much. Make her channel her ethereal power into a destructive beam of IPS that deals more damage if there are active Wraiths nearby and has a wider radius if she is bathing in shadows. I saw Pablo mention that the beam deals more damage the longer it is affecting an enemy, so that's a nice addition.

All in all, I was very excited for Wisp. Her visuals and unique animations had me very hyped... but her implementation was BEYOND disappointing. She's yet another example of WHY RUSHING WARFRAMES IS A TERRIBLE IDEA.

3 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Decent ideas delivered in a super Entitled tone = Completely Ignored

Doesn't make any of the points I established any less true.

And I disagree, I don't feel entitled, I feel overwhelmingly frustrated and disappointed. Apologies for any confusion.

I was hoping for a ghost frame too, but then they described her as some sort of inter dimension portal space being and I was interested, and then next to none of her abilities had to do with portals. So yeah Wisp is in a very rough place in trying to get people interested rn as she is a contradiction of a contradiction of an expectation.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I was hoping for a ghost frame too, but then they described her as some sort of inter dimension portal space being and I was interested, and then next to none of her abilities had to do with portals. So yeah Wisp is in a very rough place in trying to get people interested rn as she is a contradiction of a contradiction of an expectation.

Agreed

Portals? Where? That little ball of a Sun? Ugh 😞

5 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Doesn't make any of the points I established any less true.

And I disagree, I don't feel entitled, I feel overwhelmingly frustrated and disappointed. Apologies for any confusion.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

also spawn wraiths from 'Wisp's dimension' that attack enemies. Please no reskined normal enemies, custom, ghostly entities would be nice.

Mm. I can see that as being Frustrated......but still comes across as Entitled.
"I want the Vanilla Ice-cream Milkshake and MAKE SURE you don't over-blend it, got it?! And do hurry, I have things to do."

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Mm. I can see that as being Frustrated......but still comes across as Entitled.
"I want the Vanilla Ice-cream Milkshake and MAKE SURE you don't over-blend it, got it?! And do hurry, I have things to do."

Again... not the point. Entitled or not, Wisp is a mess, sadly

2 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Again... not the point.

DE (Or whoever combs the Forums for them) seems to make it a point to completely throw out anything that seems "Entitled or Rude" in Forum Feedback for them. So......yeeeeah, sadly IS the point here. Like, pointing out you're not adding you post to the Suggestion Box, but are slipping it into the Shredder. Makes a HUGE difference.

Just now, Tangent-Valley said:

DE (Or whoever combs the Forums for them) seems to make it a point to completely throw out anything that seems "Entitled or Rude" in Forum Feedback for them. So......yeeeeah, sadly IS the point here. Like, pointing out you're not adding you post to the Suggestion Box, but are slipping it into the Shredder. Makes a HUGE difference.

Actually, it’s anything that’s considered “abusive” that gets removed.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Actually, it’s anything that’s considered “abusive” that gets removed.

Not "Removed", just....thrown out. Like, not included in the Pile of Suggestions when it reaches the Developers. They don't want to look at the rude stuff, and there are folks making sure they don't have too. Heck, I'D make sure of it in my own job, so it's no surprise.

1 hour ago, Devz1 said:

Why were all the threads merged and moved to General Discussion? Shouldn't it be on the Feedback forums?

Feedback is feedback for DE, discussion is for players to discuss. 

Though I am upset that they moved my *FEEDBACK* onto the discussion forums. (I had made a separate thread to give them positive feedback)

I'm going to expand a bit on the post I made in the Devstream overview thread, seeing as at least I and a few others have made the observation that Wisp's current kit is rather hodge-podge. I can sort of get where the devs came up with the idea of her being "portal frame", but with the current appearance of her abilities, this is not very well displayed. Of course, her power visuals are still somewhat WIP, but I'd at least want to make suggestions that help with her presentation and make her abilities a bit more coherent.

• If anything, a lot of people (myself included) thought she was going to be a bit more of a spirit based frame, rather than being presented as a "portal frame". To better show off her "classification", maybe her abilities could visually be opening up portals to a spirit dimension of sorts?
  • Her passive is already fairly fitting, so no changes needed here.
  • Her Reservoir is good in theory, however given Warframe's moves towards providing more mobility to players, it seems to root her in place somewhat. Instead, it would probably be more beneficial for the Reservoirs to orbit around her, providing buffs to anybody within range and persisting for a duration once they get far enough away. The buffs themselves could use some work to benefit players a little more. Visually, the Reservoirs could look like Will-o-Wisps, lending more to her spirit-like looks.
  • Light is just fine as is, looking forwards to toying with that one.
  • With the changes to her Reservoir, Harness would become much more handy right off the bat. In addition though, it could also spawn extra, temporary Will-o-Wisp summons that seek out and attack enemies.
  • Sol is... The most unfitting ability to Wisp's kit of all. It's visually appealing and is most likely quite satisfying to use, but it would be far more useful to a frame like Ember (who's very in need of a buff right now). Instead, Wisp could pour out a wide mist surrounding her, providing a plethora of effects to surrounding enemies. It would do radiation damage ticks that would occasionally proc their status to induce friendly fire, as well as induce heightened damage vulnerability and a small chance to blind enemies here and there. "Let the enemies get lost to the spirit mist".

Hopefully this gets noticed, I think these changes would greatly benefit her. I had been hoping to play her simply based on her appearance and her unique movement, but she needs just a bit of work still.

Sol would be much better on Ember over World On Fire, so I can see the fourth power change being easily justified.  In fact, I concur with basically this entire thread.

Seriously, Sol is such a good damn idea and it's weird seeing it on a ghost/portal frame.  Moving it to the fire frame would be a better thematic fit.

2 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

the warframe community became awful over the years, i miss the good old times...

anyway, wisp could be so much better.

but hey, dont criticize anything, because some fanboys dont want it... yeah if you continue like that the game wont improve.

probably the biggest issue Warframe and especially DE has.

Sure, instead we should make every single warframe work the same way... Isn't that right? 

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

Sure, instead we should make every single warframe work the same way... Isn't that right? 

No it isnt but you may already know that.

2 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

I will continue to attack her 1 for being terrible. Wisp's one is DogS#&$. It is #*!%ED.

The rest could be fun and good if made properly, so I defend it, but the 1 really has to go for something more legit.

What if her 1 was castable (or moved to) wherever you're looking at? 

And if you could set it so that if you just tapped the button 6 times, it would quickly summon all buffs--or set it to only summon one single buff, 6 times

And what if the buffs were stackable? What if maybe you didn't want every single buff, but instead you wanted only one of the buffs x6?

What would you think then, would you like it better? (This current system could make that possible)

So Will-o-WISPs are fire spirits?

She's a wisp. She might be a fire spirit. That's why she gets to open portals to the sun, and fire themed abilities lol

I think people don't understand wisp, simply because they don't understand forest spirits or know about Will-o-Wisps or things like that. 

She seems fun to me. Though I can see why/how some people might feel confused. 

18 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Sol would be much better on Ember over World On Fire, so I can see the fourth power change being easily justified.  In fact, I concur with basically this entire thread.

Seriously, Sol is such a good damn idea and it's weird seeing it on a ghost/portal frame.  Moving it to the fire frame would be a better thematic fit.

Sol creates a portal to the sun....

Ember superheats the air, not creates portals. 

Pls don't steal wisp's thunder just to make ember relevant again. (I do think ember needs a revamp, but you don't need to steal it from another warframe for it to happen)

Dude...you realize that Will-o-WISPs are fire spirits?

Really. She's a wisp. She might be a fire spirit. That's why she gets to open portals to the sun lol

I think people don't understand wisp, simply because they don't understand forest spirits or know about Will-o-Wisps or things like that. 

we all thought it was a ghost warframe, but she's not, in the devstream they said that she can open portals to summon monsters from her wisp dimension, and i was immediately interested, yet non of her powers have anything to do with portals

i thought she was going to be a summoner warframe 

i thought her abilities might look like valeria from spacelords, she can open a portal that summons monsters and beams to help her kill her enemies.

another warframe with an identity crisis i guess 😕

i'll pass

6 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Dude...you realize that Will-o-WISPs are fire spirits?

Really. She's a wisp. She might be a fire spirit. That's why she gets to open portals to the sun lol

I think people don't understand wisp, simply because they don't understand forest spirits or know about Will-o-Wisps or things like that. 

Ohhh, no, I get that Will-o-Wisps are fire spirits. Even then, with how she's being presented, the idea of her being a fire spirit just doesn't show at all. Besides with her four, but even then, she could literally open up a portal anywhere she wanted, so why the sun in specific? I figured having her one and three being presented as Will-o-Wisps would push more the spirit aspect more than the fire aspect.

I agree that her powers don't make sense on her:

Her 1: Could have been any generic warframe's ability. What makes this 'wisp-y'? 

Her 2: The only thing that comes close. But its not even that good of a move. Teleport to the ghost? why? mobility has never been an issue in warframe.

Her 3: Just building on her 1. 

Her 4: Looks cool by why wisp?