Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

16 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Inaros' only "good" is his immortality. Two of his three skills suck, there's no synergy that's really worth using and overall he is simply a bullet sponge. Very bland.

Well no, most of his kit is good. His 1 is good CC that opens enemies up to finishers, his 2 can draw in a target and makes you invulnerable while you restore your health. His 3 is decent emergency CC, but not needed in most cases. His 4 restores massive amounts of HP to all allies near the affected targets, white it deals good damage and CC's a group of enemies. The charge-up armor you get from that ability is also quite good.

What makes him fun isn't just his kit, but also the ability to take any weapon you want to any mission in the game, regardless of enemy level.

I've seen people ranting about how terrible she is; just a clone of all the bad things from other frames.

I've seen people saying she's about average, and has some useful and some not so useful abilities.

I've seen people who think she's great, and who can't wait to see what they can do with her.

But I'm curious as to what people think they would have done for her if they were the ones designing her.

So I'm asking people here to show me some of your skill and list your own setup for Wisp. What abilities would she have? What passive? What stats? How would you design her, beyond her appearance and basic concept?

If you post here for this, be sure to give her four abilities, a passive, and list her base stats. And explain why your ideas for her are better overall than what she's getting. Try not to be hostile about it; I'm asking for logic and character building not, 'Because everything she currently has sucksand DE's devs are all stoopid and...!!!'

I've seen people say their friend had made a better setup for her in 30 minutes. Do you feel Wisp isn't being done justice, and you can do better? Time to step up.

4 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

I happen to like Revenant's 4 (aside from it looking like a dancing ballerina) and I loved the old Garuda ult before it was changed to the lame slash procs.
And I really, really, really dig Wisp's 4!

DO NOT FKIN RUIN ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL, MAGNIFICENT ULT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! You killed Garuda already. Don't kill the Wisp too!

Garuda's old ult was god damn terrible. Seriously, if you want a visual spectacle, there are already other frames out there that do just that! It would be really nice to finally get a good frame every once in a while.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Oh great, another frame that will get ruined before it launches because people who've not played it complained, just like Garuda. Sigh...

Old Garuda was bad, her ult was simply a terrible idea. The devs want a more active approach to gameplay, and I get that, but slow toggled abilities don't speed the game up; they slow it down.

3 minutes ago, Flandre_Scarlet_ said:

Garuda's old ult was god damn terrible. Seriously, if you want a visual spectacle, there are already other frames out there that do just that! It would be really nice to finally get a good frame every once in a while. 

Go on... tell me... are there are Goddesses of Gore and Maim with swords spinning around her like she is the Sun itself while she floats about, arrogant as a god?

No, there are none. None match it even remotely.

Do tell me of thos visual spectacles, go on. Party poopers, have to ruin everything. You get good frames all the time! Blind meta followers.

Stop ruining things for others! You've got plenty of what you want, give me something me and others like me want for a change.

Go away. I'm keeping Wisp's ult!

Edited by Acersecomic
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

#1 : Deployables which almost nobody likes, that also have to be collected like Titania's buffs which, guess what, almost nobody likes.

Actually, the idea of using deployables that can be picked up might work. However, it may need a rework or some buffs. It may also depend on what build you would go with.

42 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

#2 : The worst type of cc and in the worst possible implementation for it. Coupled with a teleport which is useless since bullet ujmps do a better job.

To be honest, the teleport would work on certain cases, say Spy missions. Because i don't think that a bullet jump would penetrate a constant barrier of corpus green lasers, or those grineer's orange barriers. Yes, i know that Ivara and Limbo can do that too, but while the former requires energy and an augment, the other would still be visible.

48 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

#3 : A damage ability centered around her deployables, which not only goes COMPLETELY against the philosophy you decided on reworking vauban with, your damage abilities that are not the exalted type are notoriously bad.

Actually...

Certain damage abilities does some damage, if given some ability strenght. Also, let's not forget the corrosive spores that Saryn can deploy.

51 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

#4 : And number 4, another take on the Revenant-ult-type which nobody effing likes because you are stuck in the animation not using anything else, the damage usually sucks, and you tried to put that ability on 3 of the last 4 frames for crying out loud.

What if some people like that would like that type of ult? Or what if the ult would be changed?

Also, if "the damage usually sucks", it might mean that you have put some mods that reduced the damage, or that you aren't a big fan of those.

Honestly, i like how the 4th ability looks.

1 hour ago, ShikiRen said:

On top of that, her stats mean she will be completely useless due to dying in 1 hit in anything above lvl 60

I don't think that everyone has to be a tanky warframe with large amount of health and destructive power. I mean, looking at Loki, i can see that, despite being fragile, can still be viable.

54 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

A friend of mine came up with better frame concepts in 30 minutes. More synergy, more varied kit, a lot more usable and scales well into any content.

Ok. Can you at least show us these concepts? Just to see if they may work?

Also, forgot to say this: You should have put this on Feedback.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flandre_Scarlet_ said:

Old Garuda was bad, her ult was simply a terrible idea. The devs want a more active approach to gameplay, and I get that, but slow toggled abilities don't speed the game up; they slow it down.

Sorry, but Garuda's blender was far more active than whatever point and click crap she has now. Calling whatever that is an ultimate is just insulting.

As for Wisp, she was shown unmodded. Any unmodded Warframe is terrible, but people figure their way around modding the frames and turn even trash like Oberon into monsters. So whatever you saw is not representative of how you or anyone else will play her.

• Like 1

Just now, Acersecomic said:

Go on... tell me... are there are Goddesses of Gore and Maim with swords spinning around her like she is the Sun itself while she floats about, arrogant as a god?

No, there are none. None match it even remotely.

Do tell me of thos visual spectacles, go on. Party poopers, have to ruin everything. You get good frames all the time! Blind meta followers.

Stop ruining things for others! You've got plenty of what you want, give me something me and others like me want for a change.

Go away. I'm keeping Wisp's ult!

You're not keeping anything. Devs and community decide on what stays and what doesn't. If the community decides she's not worth it, DE will have to respond.

But since you seem so very focused on your... love for useless but pretty abilities, here's some more that are actually useful and good looking:
1: Mirage's Hall of Mirrors (which turns pretty much every energy weapon into a glorious particle festival)
2: Revenant's Danse Macabre (Light Show!)
3. Equinox's Mend/Maim (Sexy lights)
4. Octavia's entire kit

So, just saw the Wisp ability reveal and I have to ask : DE, are you even capable of learning from past mistakes?

Because Wisp has the absolute worst ability of every type, so bad that her PASSIVE is the best her kit has to offer.

#1 : Deployables which almost nobody likes, that also have to be collected like Titania's buffs which, guess what, almost nobody likes.

#2 : The worst type of cc and in the worst possible implementation for it. Coupled with a teleport which is useless since bullet ujmps do a better job.

#3 : A damage ability centered around her deployables, which not only goes COMPLETELY against the philosophy you decided on reworking vauban with, your damage abilities that are not the exalted type are notoriously bad.

#4 : And number 4, another take on the Revenant-ult-type which nobody effing likes because you are stuck in the animation not using anything else, the damage usually sucks, and you tried to put that ability on 3 of the last 4 frames for crying out loud.

On top of that, her stats mean she will be completely useless due to dying in 1 hit in anything above lvl 60.

Do you even play your game anymore, or did you move every single creative mind working on frames somewhere else?

What is being missed is the direction the game is going. We went from “How long can you last in The Void” with key sharing to a female rhino and recent primes getting technical buffs. We have to ask for the right things and give the right feedback, otherwise the new content will be as effective as Fornite skins.

• Like 1

Well look at it this way. Excalibur's best power is his Radial Blind.

She has a distracting illusion teleport that just incidentally also happens to cause radial blind at the end of the teleport.

New frames are designed very differently from the older frames and it shows. I have a feeling she will be quite useful for several mission types in the early to mid game at least. It looks like she might teleport through lasers, set up good buffs for defense, etc. I don't know how she will be for "end game" as we don't have enough info for that.

Yeah, I thought she looked cool, but how her abilities function now and the state Baruuk and Hildryn (they’re good/ok but not great) are in now, I’m not getting my hopes up for Wisp.

Theres also the issue that Rebecca said that Wisp deals in interdimmensional portals. But her 4 is the only ability that really shows that.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

The devstream confused the hell out of me.  I missed the first few minutes.  But I joined in time to hear them explain how Vauban's deployables and crowd control don't really fit the way the game is currently going.  They specifically mentioned his grenade powers as being kind of a problem when everything it heading towards big open areas and trying to go fast.

Then they showed off Wisp.  Her entire first power is based... on static deployables (which they had literally *just* finished explaining kind of suck.)  Her third power is a worse version of both Switch Teleport and Saryn's Decoy.  (The movement makes it super unreliable as a movement power, which they demonstrated with the attempt to use it in the jumping puzzle.  And it's both too short lived and moves too fast to be an even slightly useful bullet sponge.  Literally its only function seems to be making sure every enemy in the room is in Full Alert state.  😞  )  And her fourth power is the same kind of animation-locked channeled damage power as Mesa and Revenant.  Except it seemed to hit a super small area, so it's actually not as good as either of those at doing damage to the hordes of enemies we have to fight.

On a personal note, I deeply dislike the fact that one of her static deployables is another speed buff.  Great, another way for other people to screw with me and make me feel sick (on top of Volt Speed spam and Zephyr's Turbulence augment.)  I'll quit complaining about "speed buff" powers when they add a toggle to allow me to choose to be immune to them.  And no, backflipping out of Volt's speed isn't good enough.  The duration on Speed sucks, so Volts who use it cast it more or less constantly.  And I suspect some mistakenly believe it stacks or something, because they cast it *way* more often than would be needed just to keep it from expiring.

*Edit*  I guess the decoy might have been her second power.  I think they showed the "damage pulse from the pitcher plant" power like... twice though, and I'm not sure that Rebecca even bothered to try using it in combat.  Either way, the decoy power feels pretty useless.

Edited by EmberStar

She looked pretty fun to play in my opinion, and placing the wisps at the right place with her 3 making them burst into aoe could give a good nuke capability depending on the damage dealt by the ability. Her 4th ability is a kamehameha, whats not to like?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Flandre_Scarlet_ said:

#4: Pretty much a worse Mesa/Revenant ult. No clue why you keep adding those lazy channeled abilities that slow down the pace of the game and are more of a hindrance than a benefit. If my weapons already deal more dmg than that terrible ability, why would I waste energy on it?

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Except Garudas current 4 allows her 1 to be incredibly powerful and give guaranteed slash procs to ANY ATTACK.

And that's useful where exactly? Everything in normal gameplay (up to sortie 3) dies in one hit without any buffs, so just cause the numbers are higher doesn't mean the ability is of any use, when with or without it they still die in one hit. So with that in mind, I'd have preferred to see them ripped to shreds, cause that's more entertaining than a bigger number behind the scenes.

3 minutes ago, Flandre_Scarlet_ said:

You're not keeping anything. Devs and community decide on what stays and what doesn't. If the community decides she's not worth it, DE will have to respond.

But since you seem so very focused on your... love for useless but pretty abilities, here's some more that are actually useful and good looking:
1: Mirage's Hall of Mirrors (which turns pretty much every energy weapon into a glorious particle festival)
2: Revenant's Danse Macabre (Light Show!)
3. Equinox's Mend/Maim (Sexy lights)
4. Octavia's entire kit

What here is flashy even remotely close to what Garuda had and Wisp's 4?
Mirage's mirrors are neat but ultimetly just clones.
Revenant is fine aside from being... lame looking spinning around like that.
Equinox is flash and it's over. Nothing special.
Octavia is cool but that's quite minimal.

None of these are terrifying spectacles.
If the community decides on what stays and what not, I reject the community and its terrible tastes. Luckily the community is just a loud vocal minority and most players would be fine with it. I honestly  hope they keep her four. Now if nothing, in spite of others.

These things trully piss me off... You people need to learn a bit more about Rule of Cool.

• Like 1

After watching devstream l was in shock of what l saw.Wisp looks awful in every sense of the word.

First ability is deployable buff that requires players to pick it up.There are few problems in that, first in most non premade games people will just ignore it, second in order for this to be even usable buffs need to be supper high, as far as it's revealed in devstream buffs are too week.

Second ability is moving decoy/teleport, this ability is just useless and it does not belong in warframe, moving speed of projectile wisp is too slow and duration of decoy is insanely low.Why add slow moving teleport if we can cross entire map with bullet jumps in matter of seconds? This ability needs to be removed.

Third ability is just boring, it could be useful if it deals good damage but otherwise it's just boring ability.

Forth ability is just press2win,even worst than revenent, as his other abilities were at least decent.If this ability does a lot of damage it could be useful in boss fights, but l hope they change it.

Now my main problem with wisp is her ability design, they said she was supposed to be some sort of portal mage, non of her abilities scream that.Her 1 is boring deployable, 2 is just a decoy, 3 lame damage and 4 energy beam.Her abilities just don't work. l hope they change her entire kit, otherwise l doubt she will be played that often.

So, just saw the Wisp ability reveal and I have to ask : DE, are you even capable of learning from past mistakes?

Because Wisp has the absolute worst ability of every type, so bad that her PASSIVE is the best her kit has to offer.

On top of that, her stats mean she will be completely useless due to dying in 1 hit in anything above lvl 60.

Do you even play your game anymore, or did you move every single creative mind working on frames somewhere else?

I love these moves, cant wait to get my hands on wisp!

What I'm struggling to understand is why people are so mad about this. I don't see a problem here. I mean sure it's a bit flashy but considering this past year has been a bunch of visual overhauls that's not at all surprising but there's still function.

With this, I don't understand how people are upset about literally every patch that's come out in the last couple months. Wisp looks fun, it's a bunch of familiar mechanics which seems to be the big gripe. And mechanics that aren't tailored to a specific play style as well. There is some roundness to the skillset on this frame. You have your little decoy/blink ability for mobility, you have an energy cannon that looks pretty, you have supporting abilities and if they are placed well you end up with a bit of an AOE.

So...drop the deployables in range of each other, grab the CC buff, draw them in (perhaps use a frame that has another crowd damage item) and then pop 3 and do more damage. From an efficiency perspective this is not bad.

Edited by Creegz
typos.