Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

3 hours ago, Shelusine said:

Sorry honey, I am meaner on the phone.

Heh, can't blame me for trying, though, somebody you can enjoy arguing with is rare and to be respected.

Then again... you aren't that mean. A mean person would have sent me a number, allowed me the chance to call, and then absolutely destroyed me verbally, blocked me, and left me regretting my words and decisions. These are the signs of either a base tease, or spoken for (and I sadly predict the latter).

That... or the other side of things could be the more... psychological insecurity of the whole encounter. Because while the sensible reason you will use should be 'come on, who just gives out their number to a random stranger on a Forum?' your actual reason is that you're genuinely worried that if you did, you'd pick up the phone and find yourself falling for the smooth British accent and the instant connection you felt to someone you'd never met, because we all know you're nothing but a hopeless romantic that...

Sorry, I tried, but I can't keep a straight face... XD

Moving on.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

im surprised no one is making a case for chroma getting her 4. spectral scream is absolute garbage compared to WoF (which i think works just fine)

And Spectral Scream is another animation locked ability with energy drain. Those kinds of abilities are just terrible, and we don't actually like them.

I wouldn't give it to Chroma, but that's because many of the dedicated threads for him have come up with a dozen better ideas that fit him.

On 2019-04-05 at 11:48 AM, ShikiRen said:

Her 4 did definitly not blow everyone away. None out of my circle of friends likes it because it is a Revenant ult. Again. Almost for the third time in 4 frames (they had Garuda's ult the same way until people did not like it). It looks amazing, yes. It would be way better as a third single shot ability though instead of yet another "I can not do anything else, slowly float around and deal meh damage for stupidly high energy costs" ability.

Agreeing on the 1 and 3.

As for the 2, distraction abilities are notorious for being the worst CC in the game, it is very short duration, and teleports do not help.

I might just be bias and like revenant, but what's so bad about his 4? I've never had any issues with it, it's a adaptive damage dealer. Sure you can't afk in it, but it's a useful quick room clearer. 

31 minutes ago, Cephalon_Pestilence said:

I might just be bias and like revenant, but what's so bad about his 4? I've never had any issues with it, it's a adaptive damage dealer. Sure you can't afk in it, but it's a useful quick room clearer. 

Mostly the cost of it after his nerf, and that his mesmer skin is not enough to keep him alive at higher levels during it (but then again Mesmer skin is a bit undertuned in my opinion). Well and that you are stuck inside the ult, not being able to do anything except use his dash ability; with Mesa's Peacekeeper you at least have to aim (now), and her shattershield leaves her way less vulnerable during it.

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎05 at 1:51 PM, HC217 said:

her kit seems conflicted. 1 and 3 are cool, new abilities, rather see them than another generic amalgamation of old frame powers like how her 2 is loki's 1 and 3 combined (scott even joked about it on stream) also, i can tell you why her 4 will be bad: HEAT damage type.

I think I know you.

Well, guys and girls, here it is. Another DevStream is about to preview her on Friday. They are literally at the last point where they could code in any kind of changes for us to see.

What's everyone hoping for in terms of changes?

For me:

Streamline her 1 (I'm also hoping that the buffs get switched up so that you get a damage reduction instead of a health boost), make her 3 function even if her 1 isn't in play, and replacing that 4 with something that benefits everyone on the team (much like my previous comments, of course).

Hit us with the hopes and dreams people, because DE is past the point of seriously changing her up again before the preview, and after that they're going to be pushing for her actual release.

Why are the expectations with each new warframe set so high?

In a game with varying degrees of difficulty, creative license, function and fluidity it makes a lot of sense to introduce .variety.

People on this thread have noted that they don't like every frame. Good, that's sort of the point. Not every player will resonate with every frame. Not every frame needs to be able to solo end game, and not every frame needs to be functionally equal or superior to the last frame released. 

Wisp doesnt need to be a great frame, or even a good frame. It just needs to be different and fun to play. Just remember that one person's fun isn't another person's fun. The developers are trying to broaden the options for their player base so more and more people will find something to like about the game.

• Like 1

Wisp's design and abilities are pretty nicely put together. But why does all her abilities fit her frame EXCEPT her 4? Like all of a sudden "wisp" shoots a big fireball, why not like shadows?... shadows that come out of her and hunts down enemies or something. Something that fits her more of a ghost/wisp/shadow frame than just a press 4 sun like revenent . I don't know I'm really excited for wisp but her 4 really doesn't fit her and is somewhat underwhelming. Just some thoughts 

• Like 1

The devstream just finished... Wisp still looks like a massive dissatpointment. She's STILL overly reliant on her stationary buff alters, stationary being the very thing they're reworking Vauban away from... Also the buffs are still underwhelming, and they're still looking to just be Titanias buffs all over again. We hardly saw any of her 3, but i assume its still tied to her stationaries. Her 2 still looks great. Her 4... WHY are you giving her a big fire beam while completely gimping ember? her 4 and 1 does not fit her themes at all, they're flowers and sun.

Speaking of not fitting... She's still a mess of theming. Her model is your typical ghost, complete with floating in mid-air and having invisible feet, just like ghosts in photos and so. Her theme is still supposedly "portals", but none of her abilities reflect this in the slightest, its summoning buff flowers, making an illusion, making the buff flowers pulse damage, and a big sun beam, this has NOTHING to do with portals. And finally her abilities like i just said just does not fit with anything, its flowers and sunlight... that's borderline druid or sun shaman stuff, it is neither ghost (appearance) nor portals (stated theme). 

Her abilities are great... but NOT for this frame. and her 4 just does not fit in at all.

Finally, i just want to reiterate that this is a MASSIVE slap in the face to ember, her abilities seem to showcase smoldering flames/light, and her 4 is a big freaking fire beam... Yet ember is getting none of this love, what uses does ember even have at this point? Why is she not getting the awesome fire beam?

I'm personally feeling very disillusioned, it seems to me that DE has not even looked at the feedback in this thread... at all.

So her 1st ability has a radius around each altar. Reb mentioned that this radius will refresh the buff's duration, unsure if you have to be in the radius to pick up the buff for the first time though

2nd ability can be charged to move faster

Her 3rd ability launches little orbs around her that hit and cc enemies. Unsure what their damage or CC effect is for sure.

4th ability visual is zoned down a bit to not take up as much of the screen

Holding 2nd ability should just lock your Y axis (so you do not fall down), increase your move speed (maybe tie it to power strength), and make you intangible. The reason is because I can see holding it in order to move quickly looked clunky, as in it would be hard to judge where you are going to end up. This would also make wisp feel more "wispy". You could even make it so passing near enemies fears them (maybe with both forms, holding the button and just tapping it). 

Next, what I assume is the 3rd ability, the aoe stun. May I suggest having it spawn Will'o wisp type things that are duration based and indestructible. They taunt enemies (for a duration) within a certain radius and fear (once, not stacking, can not be re-feared by the same wisp, line of sight based) them if they are outside of this radius. Weapon fire is absorbed by the wisp and stored. They wander away from where they spawn, but do not pull enemies with them. So eventually they will move past enemies and the enemies will return to normal. Activating 4 while these things are out will cause them to erupt in an aoe inferno with the stored damage.

I'm really disappointed that they haven't addressed any of the feedback regarding Wisp's powers. I'm even more disappointed that they didn't address the way that her 4th power completely upstages Ember. Just a simple acknowledgement would've been huge. Instead I'm left feeling like caring in the first place was futile.

So far Wisp is the enxt mastery fodder trash.. damn it hoped DE refined her abilities to be tematically sound this time, instead is the same flaming trainwreck as Khora and Revenant that both suffered from lack of it

• Like 1

I made my own post making suggestions for how her kit, or elements of it, could work well. However, I Do agree with you. Her kit overall does a lot of things that makes me wonder if they learned from previous mistakes at all.

her 4 deal radiation dmg, (correct me if im wrong)

i need to investigate her 1 beacause i saw an insane health regen in the stream , and i don't speak about her god mod

her 2 still very cool even more with those change (the blind seem like to stay for ages)

her 3 ???? no infos if its only work with her 1 what elemental dmg it deal, or even usage without reservoir around (instead of joking you should focus on what you are showing DE)

her 4 well at first i was very upset about it, but with some time i think its might be a good ability to fast clear Crowd + work with her 2 now, and i need to see how its scale , btw they should code it as a floating idle like hildryn 4, could be good for Aviator mod idk if its the case for revenant 4 already

Edited by Hex-Maniac

vor 5 Minuten schrieb RevenantPhoenix:

I'm really disappointed that they haven't addressed any of the feedback regarding Wisp's powers. I'm even more disappointed that they didn't address the way that her 4th power completely upstages Ember. Just a simple acknowledgement would've been huge. Instead I'm left feeling like caring in the first place was futile.

Some feedback I've read:

1. "Can she use 2 while channeling 4?": I actually asked Pablo that myself at one of his streams on Twitch like a month ago, his answer then was "No, but maybe we'll give her a custom dogde like Hildryn." Seems like they did change their stance on that. Feedback addressed.
  2. "Her 2 is too slow": You can speed it up now if you want to. Feedback addressed.
  3. "It's bad design to have her 3 depend completely on her 1 and be unusable from what we can see if her "pylons" are not placed.": Changed to a radial blind/stun? Not too sure about that.

There was also some other stuff going on that they seem to have changed but I'm not sure enough about... Like usual the details of a frame aren't completely revealed on the devstream showcase sadly. Be the reason for that whatever it may.

So saying that they haven't addressed ANY of the feedback is a bit harsh. I see how some would liked to have seen other/more drastic changes, but those would have also invoked backlash such as "another frame ruined by negative feedback before any of you could even play it". There is always someone left unhappy. Seems this time it's you but hey, maybe after playing her for a bit you'll end up liking her more than you think right now.

15 minutes ago, Xhobract said:

-snip-

So saying that they haven't addressed ANY of the feedback is a bit harsh. I see how some would liked to have seen other/more drastic changes, but those would have also invoked backlash such as "another frame ruined by negative feedback before any of you could even play it". There is always someone left unhappy. Seems this time it's you but hey, maybe after playing her for a bit you'll end up liking her more than you think right now.

Personally, i think her abilities looked fine... but for ANOTHER frame... Like one actually themed around flowers and sunlight, maybe a druid themed one? Maybe a sun shaman themed one? I dont know. But wisps abilities dont match her design (Ghost complete with the vanishing feet often seen in ghost photos and movies, and with her floating movement), and neither match the stated theme of portals.

With two weeks of radio silence followed by absolutely no mention in the devstream (that I know of), it seems they aren't going to bother making her abilities not-terrible. It's a shame that wisp was doomed to be a "Level and ditch" frame from the start. She'll be rushed, used for her 4 near exclusively, and then ditched by the vast majority of players unless they're using her for her butt.