Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShikiRen

Wisp Review/Early feedback

So far Wisp is the enxt mastery fodder trash.. damn it hoped DE refined her abilities to be tematically sound this time, instead is the same flaming trainwreck as Khora and Revenant that both suffered from lack of it

I made my own post making suggestions for how her kit, or elements of it, could work well. However, I Do agree with you. Her kit overall does a lot of things that makes me wonder if they learned from previous mistakes at all.

her 4 deal radiation dmg, (correct me if im wrong)

i need to investigate her 1 beacause i saw an insane health regen in the stream , and i don't speak about her god mod

her 2 still very cool even more with those change (the blind seem like to stay for ages)

her 3 ???? no infos if its only work with her 1 what elemental dmg it deal, or even usage without reservoir around (instead of joking you should focus on what you are showing DE)

her 4 well at first i was very upset about it, but with some time i think its might be a good ability to fast clear Crowd + work with her 2 now, and i need to see how its scale , btw they should code it as a floating idle like hildryn 4, could be good for Aviator mod idk if its the case for revenant 4 already

I'm really scared about her.
I'm getting a REALLY STRONG Revenant vibes from her....

i really do hope they do something about her 1. they could just make it press to summon 1 of each type (with continual presses summoning them in order) and hold to summon all to your current location. i really hate ability wheels with great intensity.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb RevenantPhoenix:

I'm really disappointed that they haven't addressed any of the feedback regarding Wisp's powers. I'm even more disappointed that they didn't address the way that her 4th power completely upstages Ember. Just a simple acknowledgement would've been huge. Instead I'm left feeling like caring in the first place was futile.

Some feedback I've read:

1. "Can she use 2 while channeling 4?": I actually asked Pablo that myself at one of his streams on Twitch like a month ago, his answer then was "No, but maybe we'll give her a custom dogde like Hildryn." Seems like they did change their stance on that. Feedback addressed.
  2. "Her 2 is too slow": You can speed it up now if you want to. Feedback addressed.
  3. "It's bad design to have her 3 depend completely on her 1 and be unusable from what we can see if her "pylons" are not placed.": Changed to a radial blind/stun? Not too sure about that.

There was also some other stuff going on that they seem to have changed but I'm not sure enough about... Like usual the details of a frame aren't completely revealed on the devstream showcase sadly. Be the reason for that whatever it may.

So saying that they haven't addressed ANY of the feedback is a bit harsh. I see how some would liked to have seen other/more drastic changes, but those would have also invoked backlash such as "another frame ruined by negative feedback before any of you could even play it". There is always someone left unhappy. Seems this time it's you but hey, maybe after playing her for a bit you'll end up liking her more than you think right now.

Nearly a month since the first reveal and the “portal frame” still doesn’t have enough portals in her kit to justify being called the “portal frame”.

15 minutes ago, Xhobract said:

-snip-

So saying that they haven't addressed ANY of the feedback is a bit harsh. I see how some would liked to have seen other/more drastic changes, but those would have also invoked backlash such as "another frame ruined by negative feedback before any of you could even play it". There is always someone left unhappy. Seems this time it's you but hey, maybe after playing her for a bit you'll end up liking her more than you think right now.

Personally, i think her abilities looked fine... but for ANOTHER frame... Like one actually themed around flowers and sunlight, maybe a druid themed one? Maybe a sun shaman themed one? I dont know. But wisps abilities dont match her design (Ghost complete with the vanishing feet often seen in ghost photos and movies, and with her floating movement), and neither match the stated theme of portals.

With two weeks of radio silence followed by absolutely no mention in the devstream (that I know of), it seems they aren't going to bother making her abilities not-terrible. It's a shame that wisp was doomed to be a "Level and ditch" frame from the start. She'll be rushed, used for her 4 near exclusively, and then ditched by the vast majority of players unless they're using her for her butt.

9 minutes ago, Rankii said:

. . . then ditched by the vast majority of players unless they're using her for her butt.

I approve of butt frame, regardless of if they fix her or not. XD

Reservoirs can sustain Motes' timers (the buffs) indefinitely if you stay in range. Hopefully can mod the range.

If you mouse over a Reservoir a circle appears. Not sure what that is, but I speculate that maybe 1) you can change a reservoir's type by looking at it and tapping 1 to cycle through, or 2) press 3 to blind enemies near the Reservoir you're looking at, or 3) press 2 to instantly teleport to the Reservoir you're looking at.

Sol deals Corrosive, Radiation and Heat damage with their procs.

Hope the new 3rd does more than just be a Radial Blind.

il y a 18 minutes, Wyvern_WX-0-1 a dit :

I approve of butt frame, regardless of if they fix her or not. XD

there is already ivara for this

il y a 7 minutes, PsiWarp a dit :

Reservoirs can sustain Motes' timers (the buffs) indefinitely if you stay in range. Hopefully can mod the range.

If you mouse over a Reservoir a circle appears. Not sure what that is, but I speculate that maybe 1) you can change a reservoir's type by looking at it and tapping 1 to cycle through, or 2) press 3 to blind enemies near the Reservoir you're looking at, or 3) press 2 to instantly teleport to the Reservoir you're looking at.

Sol deals Corrosive, Radiation and Heat damage with their procs.

Hope the new 3rd does more than just be a Radial Blind.

thanks for the help

While there is more to be dealt with, I think one way to make her 2nd ability better as a decoy, is to have the lightwave periodically leave wispy orb decoys in its wake, which linger for a while. To put it graphically,

- is the travel of the lightwave
O is a wispy orb decoy

--------O--------O--------O--------O--------O--------O--------O

These wispy orbs could either last briefly but be immortal, or last a bit longer but have limitted health. They could also act as shockwave emmination sources for her 3rd skill! That means more synergy, more defensive options, overall more viability to the skill, speedier "on the fly" use of her 3rd ability and also a bit more of that "summon stuff through portals" kind of vibe she's supposed to have!

Wisp is shaping up to be a disappointment. Also that new game mode looks like trash. Welp, back to risk of rain 2!

1 hour ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

I'm really scared about her.
I'm getting a REALLY STRONG Revenant vibes from her....

I like Revenant 😞

I'm a little sad that I have zero interest in a frame with Wisp's design. I know this is cringey, but I was a "Ghost-type Gym Leader" for a Pokemon boards several years ago. Twice... I enjoy ghost movies (horror or not). Ghost-like aesthetics are something that has always appealed to me. Was really excited when I saw Wisp initially and I don't really think I'm in the wrong for thinking/hoping we were getting a ghost frame. 

What Wisp is to me now is just a worse Revenant. Titania is my most played frame even though I have them all (aside Excalibur Prime), so I'm totally okay with playing a frame that isn't the best. I play Titania because I really enjoy her design and theme. She has her share of problems, but I can look past it for being a fairy. One of the things people complain about Titania is her buff system. Strange that they gave a similar system to Wisp. 

I do still disagree that her 4 would fit Ember. Not just because I don't think the ability will be fun to use. But, because I see Ember as more of a "wild fire" frame rather than having some overly concentrated beam from the sun. I could see how "sun" could be viewed as an upgrade of "fire" because they're both heat. The sun and fire are very different in how they work and react. Just doesn't seem like the right fit for Ember to me. Maybe I'm being too critical about it. I'd rather something more wild! 

The best thing coming from Wisp is her animation set. I'm going to MR Wisp, shelf her, then put her animation set on Titania because Titania should have gotten something similar. 

And! While I'm a little sad that Wisp isn't anywhere near to what I would have wanted, I'm glad some people will like her. I almost never read anything positive about Revenant and don't like him myself. But! He still makes people happy to play him. I assume Wisp will have a similar situation of just a small handful of players that like her (and some that like her for only her butt). That's fine, too. 

2 minutes ago, SkyCakeLight said:

I'm a little sad that I have zero interest in a frame with Wisp's design. I know this is cringey, but I was a "Ghost-type Gym Leader" for a Pokemon boards several years ago. Twice... I enjoy ghost movies (horror or not). Ghost-like aesthetics are something that has always appealed to me. Was really excited when I saw Wisp initially and I don't really think I'm in the wrong for thinking/hoping we were getting a ghost frame. 

What Wisp is to me now is just a worse Revenant. Titania is my most played frame even though I have them all (aside Excalibur Prime), so I'm totally okay with playing a frame that isn't the best. I play Titania because I really enjoy her design and theme. She has her share of problems, but I can look past it for being a fairy. One of the things people complain about Titania is her buff system. Strange that they gave a similar system to Wisp. 

I do still disagree that her 4 would fit Ember. Not just because I don't think the ability will be fun to use. But, because I see Ember as more of a "wild fire" frame rather than having some overly concentrated beam from the sun. I could see how "sun" could be viewed as an upgrade of "fire" because they're both heat. The sun and fire are very different in how they work and react. Just doesn't seem like the right fit for Ember to me. Maybe I'm being too critical about it. I'd rather something more wild! 

The best thing coming from Wisp is her animation set. I'm going to MR Wisp, shelf her, then put her animation set on Titania because Titania should have gotten something similar. 

And! While I'm a little sad that Wisp isn't anywhere near to what I would have wanted, I'm glad some people will like her. I almost never read anything positive about Revenant and don't like him myself. But! He still makes people happy to play him. I assume Wisp will have a similar situation of just a small handful of players that like her (and some that like her for only her butt). That's fine, too. 

The movement is unique to wisp. Putting her animations on other frames won't make them float.

I was already sure but I'm sure that they do pretty much the opposite of what anyone wants at any given time.

Wsip: Can apparently open a portal to the sun requiring immense ammounts of power when you factor in the possible distances she could be from the sun (depending on the planet she is on) not to mention holding a portal open while also restricting how much "Sun" is coming through and to some "dimension" to summon useless buff flowers

Wisp: Apparently can not even open a single portal to get her across a room . . .

A kit that involves portals can be really cool just look at Wakfu's MMO. The Eliotropes have a really fun kit.

Dont say "portal frame" if you did not mean it.

Besides she looks and is named more in the way of a ghost type of frame, doesnt have but one ghost like ability . . .

1 minute ago, Wyvern_WX-0-1 said:

Wsip: Can apparently open a portal to the sun requiring immense ammounts of power when you factor in the possible distances she could be from the sun (depending on the planet she is on) not to mention holding a portal open while also restricting how much "Sun" is coming through and to some "dimension" to summon useless buff flowers

Wisp: Apparently can not even open a single portal to get her across a room . . .

A kit that involves portals can be really cool just look at Wakfu's MMO. The Eliotropes have a really fun kit.

Dont say "portal frame" if you did not mean it.

Besides she looks and is named more in the way of a ghost type of frame, doesnt have but one ghost like ability . . .

Passive and 2 seam more ghost like but for portal frame she is hard core lacking and for ghost frame again she is lacking. It's like they couldn't stick to a theme and are just throwing stuff on a frame with a nice butt in hopes people wouldn't care about it.

I am kinda disappointment with the fact that DE has not made any changes or talked about the state of wisp. I know she is not out yet but do I need to remind people about what garuda looked like before she released. Additionally, the reason I worry is that once a frame is released on pc, beside some buffs or nerfs, that frame stays the way it is for months before it is even talked about.

While at this point I don't have specific abilities to replace certain slots, I had certain abilities in mind that I was expecting to be part of her kit.

-the ability to phase through walls or enemies while damaging enemies or stealing health and Armour

-a more consistent form of invisibility. Such as maybe instead or her passive being invisible only when airborne, she can turn invisible when bullet jumping, when on a zip line, wall-running, dodging or just in general, parkouring in any shape or form with the invisibility lingering for a few seconds unless she performs an action like interacting or attacking. Another idea is that whenever she uses her powers, she becomes invisible until she attacks or interacts. (this is just my own opinion and i may be the unpopular opinion but the passive could have more leeway.) 

-an ability that allows her to phase through walls or enemies like an actual ghost. when phasing through enemies, she could steal their health and armor and give it to herself with the health being permanent and the armor being temporary. would also allow her to phase though damage. (kinda like ghost from ant-man and the wasp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-E5ZXYkmkg )

-a way to control the specter from her 2 and allow for a more controlled teleport (kinda like reaper's shadow step from over-watch or nurse's blink from dead by daylight). would make it the first teleport that allows you to accurately teleport without needing portals, allies or enemies.

-an ability that sends 1 or 3 specters at enemies and strikes multiple targets at once might be good damage ability (got that idea from Anthem's interceptor and it's wraith strike  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTqvLxxJsuk   Skip to 2:19 on video  and a wiki link for more detail https://anthem.fandom.com/wiki/Wraith_Strike )

I really don't like wisp's current state and hope that she gets a rework a few months from now. Even if I am one of the few that does not like the frame and the frame becomes popular, I am still bothered a lot by the fact that even though she floats when holding or running with the gun out, they STILL have not given the same treatment for melee. Why even bother with giving her a custom running animation if you don't even implement it when she has melee out. It is very inconsistent and drives me nuts. What happens when players use melee only? why bother with equipping an animation set. Is it really that hard to do it for melee? you guys did it for the guns but melee is where you draw the line? Really?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Passive and 2 seam more ghost like but for portal frame she is hard core lacking and for ghost frame again she is lacking. It's like they couldn't stick to a theme and are just throwing stuff on a frame with a nice butt in hopes people wouldn't care about it.

I still hold onto the rumor that Wisp had more ghostly portal abilties but they were too difficult to impliment so instead we got some placeholders for her 3 and 4. The beam seems so out of place it had to have been taken from somewhere else, and her 3 is yet another blind or something. There's pieces of the ghostly misdirection that wisps are known for being, but I wish they had tried harder to get it to the final product. Wisp seems butchered and on the operating table even as she's apparently almost "ready" to go out.

il y a 28 minutes, SkyCakeLight a dit :

I'm a little sad that I have zero interest in a frame with Wisp's design. I know this is cringey, but I was a "Ghost-type Gym Leader" for a Pokemon boards several years ago. Twice... 

Hehe tape my name on google...

Il y a 16 heures, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 a dit :

I really don't like wisp's current state and hope that she gets a rework a few months from now. Even if I am one of the few that does not like the frame and the frame becomes popular, I am still bothered a lot by the fact that even though she floats when holding or running with the gun out, they STILL have not given the same treatment for melee. Why even bother with giving her a custom running animation if you don't even implement it when she has melee out. It is very inconsistent and drives me nuts. What happens when players use melee only? why bother with equipping an animation set. Is it really that hard to do it for melee? you guys did it for the guns but melee is where you draw the line? Really?

i think its because putting line of code for primary,secondary,dual secondary, bow, ,kunai,spear, is easier and faster than coding melee with all those stance/animation idle

Edit : sorry for double post, i tought i was in edit mod

15 minutes ago, Rankii said:

-snip- There's pieces of the ghostly misdirection that wisps are known for being -snip-

With just one small upgrade, it could be emphasized better though:

44 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

While there is more to be dealt with, I think one way to make her 2nd ability better as a decoy, is to have the lightwave periodically leave wispy orb decoys in its wake, which linger for a while. To put it graphically,

- is the travel of the lightwave
O is a wispy orb decoy

--------O--------O--------O--------O--------O--------O--------O

These wispy orbs could either last briefly but be immortal, or last a bit longer but have limitted health. They could also act as shockwave emmination sources for her 3rd skill! That means more synergy, more defensive options, overall more viability to the skill, speedier "on the fly" use of her 3rd ability and also a bit more of that "summon stuff through portals" kind of vibe she's supposed to have!

1 minute ago, Hex-Maniac said:

i think its because putting line of code for primary,secondary,dual secondary, bow, ,kunai,spear, is easier and faster then code melee with all those stance/animation idle

You think? I am no programmer, but I don't think switching out one idle pose/animation with another should be that hard if it is already possible with a gun. Also it just flat out feels like they are favoring the guns more then melee on purpose. For wisp, it would just need to change the animation for the legs at least to make it look like she is floating at least.