Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShikiRen

Wisp Review/Early feedback

Recommended Posts

Just now, SRBvuk22 said:

Forth ability is just press2win,even worst than revenent, as his other abilities were at least decent.If this ability does a lot of damage it could be useful in boss fights, but l hope they change it.

Agree with everything except this.

4th FOR THE WIN! Keep it. It looks amaizing and terrifying. DO NOT TOUCH IT! Keep as is, just make it more viable. Less of a channel too so crybabies don't ruin this frame for me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching devstream l was in shock of what l saw.Wisp looks awful in every sense of the word.

First ability is deployable buff that requires players to pick it up.There are few problems in that, first in most non premade games people will just ignore it, second in order for this to be even usable buffs need to be supper high, as far as it's revealed in devstream buffs are too week.

 Second ability is moving decoy/teleport, this ability is just useless and it does not belong in warframe, moving speed of projectile wisp is too slow and duration of decoy is insanely low.Why add slow moving teleport if we can cross entire map with bullet jumps in matter of seconds? This ability needs to be removed.

Third ability is just boring, it could be useful if it deals good damage but otherwise it's just boring ability.

Forth ability is just press2win,even worst than revenent, as his other abilities were at least decent.If this ability does a lot of damage it could be useful in boss fights, but l hope they change it.

Now my main problem with wisp is her ability design, they said she was supposed to be some sort of portal mage, non of her abilities scream that.Her 1 is boring deployable, 2 is just a decoy, 3 lame damage and 4 energy beam.Her abilities just don't work. l hope they change her entire kit, otherwise l doubt she will be played that often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Creegz said:

What I'm struggling to understand is why people are so mad about this. I don't see a problem here. I mean sure it's a bit flashy but considering this past year has been a bunch of visual overhauls that's not at all surprising but there's still function.

With this, I don't understand how people are upset about literally every patch that's come out in the last couple months. Wisp looks fun, it's a bunch of familiar mechanics which seems to be the big gripe. And mechanics that aren't tailored to a specific play style as well. There is some roundness to the skillset on this frame. You have your little decoy/blink ability for mobility, you have an energy cannon that looks pretty, you have supporting abilities and if they are placed well you end up with a bit of an AOE.

So...drop the deployables in range of each other, grab the CC buff, draw them in (perhaps use a frame that has another crowd damage item) and then pop 3 and do more damage. From an efficiency perspective this is not bad.

Because this community is full of trolls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Because this community is full of trolls. 

Honestly that's what I think is going on. However I'd like to toss in two cents of reason so that DE doesn't just go "i guess everyone hates it" and pulls content. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Acersecomic said:

Agree with everything except this.

4th FOR THE WIN! Keep it. It looks amaizing and terrifying. DO NOT TOUCH IT! Keep as is, just make it more viable. Less of a channel too so crybabies don't ruin this frame for me too.

It looks cool, but it does not fit,Think about it deployable based frame with 4 that is channel ability.She can't do anything while using 4.They can keep idea of ability but change it from channel to something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShikiRen said:

your damage abilities that are not the exalted type are notoriously bad.

That explains Saryn, Ember, Equinox, etc, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SRBvuk22 said:

It looks cool, but it does not fit,Think about it deployable based frame with 4 that is channel ability.She can't do anything while using 4.They can keep idea of ability but change it from channel to something else. 

Her 1 needs to change so it follows Wisp around and allies can pick up the buff by being in contact with Wisp, since she is you know... a wisp... you can pass through that stuff physicaly. So if she has them deployed and following her, allies only need to jump through her or she through them, which happens all the time and would be a nice way to keep people together too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Acersecomic said:

Her 1 needs to change so it follows Wisp around and allies can pick up the buff by being in contact with Wisp, since she is you know... a wisp... you can pass through that stuff physicaly. So if she has them deployed and following her, allies only need to jump through her or she through them, which happens all the time and would be a nice way to keep people together too.

That is a good idea, but l would still rather prefer different 1,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SRBvuk22 said:

After watching devstream l was in shock of what l saw.Wisp looks awful in every sense of the word.

First ability is deployable buff that requires players to pick it up.There are few problems in that, first in most non premade games people will just ignore it, second in order for this to be even usable buffs need to be supper high, as far as it's revealed in devstream buffs are too week.

 Second ability is moving decoy/teleport, this ability is just useless and it does not belong in warframe, moving speed of projectile wisp is too slow and duration of decoy is insanely low.Why add slow moving teleport if we can cross entire map with bullet jumps in matter of seconds? This ability needs to be removed.

Third ability is just boring, it could be useful if it deals good damage but otherwise it's just boring ability.

Forth ability is just press2win,even worst than revenent, as his other abilities were at least decent.If this ability does a lot of damage it could be useful in boss fights, but l hope they change it.

Now my main problem with wisp is her ability design, they said she was supposed to be some sort of portal mage, non of her abilities scream that.Her 1 is boring deployable, 2 is just a decoy, 3 lame damage and 4 energy beam.Her abilities just don't work. l hope they change her entire kit, otherwise l doubt she will be played that often.

I'm going to objectively tackle this because it seems to be a little less than constructive.

First ability - deployable makes sense for the context of ability 3. I can already think of a bunch of ways 1 will work very well. It will require some thought and placement. As for pub players ignoring it, that's their problem, not the frame. It's an education and player skill problem. Not DE/Wisps fault. I hope we can un-cast them or something, that will make ability 3 easier to deal with.

Second ability - Yeah it could use a bit of an upgrade to how fast it moves HOWEVER that would also adjust the flow and increase the skill gap of using that ability as intended. Think Loki's decoy. I like it that way and will definitely make use of the ability.

Third ability - Really straight forward and dependent on player skill and their ability to plan ahead. Great for defense missions. Depends on range too though. Do an interception and leave one on each point and cast the ability to try and do some damage while you're on your way to the point? Sure. MobDef just cast on points, buff up and get ready to defend. 

Fourth ability - it's just a damage cannon. What's the problem? Probably could be enhanced to be even more effective through mods.

I am excited to see what this frame can do, I really do want to get my hands on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

Ok. Can you at least show us these concepts? Just to see if they may work?

 

Well, the concept I came up with was this:

Passive: Every enemy Wisp kills has 50% chance to spawn a small Ghost Flame that orbits Wisp, which absorbs 50% of bullet damage that shoots through them. 5 Max.

1: No energy cost, requires at least 1 Ghost Flame to cast
Consumes all Flames and shoots a moving Vortex, sucking enemies in and stripping armor while dealing Corrosive Damage.

2: 50 Energy cost
Grants damage reduction (up to 75%) and has a 25% chance to spawn a Ghost Flame on hit (player damage, cooldown of 3s).

3: 25 Energy activation cost, drains 5 energy/s (cap 1 energy's)
Consumes nearby corpses and spawns homing projectiles in their location that seek out enemies, deal medium amounts of Corrosive Damage and heal the player for 5% of the DMG dealt.

4: 100 Energy cost, requires at least 1 Ghost Flame to cast
Summons an Orb of Energy that applies sleep to every enemy in a big radius for 5 seconds, then deals 5/10/15/20/25% of enemy max HP in Corrosive Damage to enemies in the area. (damage works like Volt Ult, the closer the enemies are to the caster, the more damage they take. The further away they are, the less damage they take)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i second the start post.

yet another badly designed warframe.

i miss the Octavia, Nidus, Inaros times.

 

Wisps 1 is just too stationary and (dont take this wrong) complicated for such a fast paced game.

Her 2 is ok

Her 3 is again, too stationary

Her 4 is just another boring press 4 and aim... Revenant style.

 

And not a single sclaling ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zitat

Her abilities just don't work. l hope they change her entire kit

Then you want another Warframe entirely, not Wisp to be improved. Different strokes for different folks and all that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HellVOps said:

Any sort of meaningful feedback for Wisp is that way>>>>>>>>>>>>https://forums.warframe.com/forum/34-warframes/ This is General Discussion and DE rarely takes ideas from here.

This isn't about feedback.

I'm asking this for and from the players based on the amount of complaints and comments on her I've seen.

I just want to see what people think they can do if what DE has done isn't acceptable, or just because they feel like they have other ideas.

Also? If people actually give some good ideas, THEN I could transfer them over to a feedback thread, or make one linking back here.

That way, people's valid concepts get presented all at once nice and neat to DE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SRBvuk22 said:

That is a good idea, but l would still rather prefer different 1,

Anything but stationary deployables.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

i second the start post.

yet another badly designed warframe.

i miss the Octavia, Nidus, Inaros times.

Me too when warframes had quest and lore behind them.There is a reason why Octavia Nindus and inaros are in top 10 best warframes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xhobract said:

Then you want another Warframe entirely, not Wisp to be improved. Different strokes for different folks and all that...

l wan't wisp to keep her design but her current abilities just don't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

And that's useful where exactly? Everything in normal gameplay (up to sortie 3) dies in one hit without any buffs, so just cause the numbers are higher doesn't mean the ability is of any use, when with or without it they still die in one hit. So with that in mind, I'd have preferred to see them ripped to shreds, cause that's more entertaining than a bigger number behind the scenes.

I must say I do find huge slash procs to be quite entertaining, just the way I love seeing huge damage numbers from Banshee's Sonar. The blender I found to be quite boring and lackluster, pretty much a worse version of Revenant's Ult. It wasn't cool, it was just a rehash. The new ult makes her unique and grants a huge damage buff to her team, which is great and the way it should be, as her kit is mostly supportive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not so much about the lore but about the incredible design and execution of those frames.

Ocatvias, Nidus and Inaros abilites are all very usefull abilites and mostly scale until the really high levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think that her 1 is very tedious to use; by Wisp or by another frame. You have to cast it then take it. There is a lot that can happen between those 2 animations.

And her 3 is very non-existent. They should have put it in her 1. It's because her 3 is useless without casting her 1. I know synergy is a thing, but this is a forced synergy. IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not everyone is a min maxer, wanting to spend 3+ hours on mot.

Warframe has a very large casual audience, who will probably love to float around the star chart burning the faces off grineer with their very own miniature sun.

She looks fun, which should be the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda liked her abilities, but at the same time they seem to require too much management for me to enjoy the frame. I could be totally wrong tho, there have been several frames that I've loved as a concept and then disliked the gameplay and vice versa. Anyway it might be too early to judge before we know how mods affect her abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wisp honestly looks really fun especially for defence type missions. Not everything has to kill everything on the map while moving around ya know. You also aren't meant to use warframes on every mission type since they have their own specific uses. Y'all honestly complain too much and just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people won't like it.

The devs put in all this hard work on a FREE game and you talk really badly about it and don't even consider the devs' feelings either. At least be civil about it and don't just go "this is poop"

 

Edit: I know the game being free doesn't make it immune to criticism but a lot of people on the forums always seem to complain about every little thing.

Also i feel her 4th is out of place so she isn't perfect. Also complaining about people complaining is kind of moot yeah i know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..and her 4 is very beautiful. That's it. It's like Revenant's 4, but focused on a point rather than circling around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Not everyone is a min maxer, wanting to spend 3+ hours on mot.

Warframe has a very large casual audience, who will probably love to float around the star chart burning the faces off grineer with their very own miniature sun.

She looks fun, which should be the point.

Exactly the point I keep getting to. I like the fun simple frames. I can minmax all day but I hate doing that honestly. If I was playing competitively for some reason I would totally be doing that but I'm not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...