Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

On 2019-04-05 at 12:49 PM, Flandre_Scarlet_ said:

You're not keeping anything. Devs and community decide on what stays and what doesn't. If the community decides she's not worth it, DE will have to respond.

But since you seem so very focused on your... love for useless but pretty abilities, here's some more that are actually useful and good looking:
1: Mirage's Hall of Mirrors (which turns pretty much every energy weapon into a glorious particle festival)
2: Revenant's Danse Macabre (Light Show!)
3. Equinox's Mend/Maim (Sexy lights)
4. Octavia's entire kit

She's fine. Go play other frames if this videogame has you so wound the heck up.

9 hours ago, F8ted said:

I can't start this again.

Fair enough, I was literally trying a different angle because... we aren't getting the functional changes we wanted, so I was trying to make the best of a bad lot.

I genuinely think that Rebecca's poor showing was literally because she wasn't:

1. Using any of Wisp's actual survivability in any regular way, in the way that any player should, and was literally relying on god-mode to let herself talk
  2. Modding a full build onto the frame, and maybe some of these numbers were completely un-modded too, like the range or duration (and even then, 25+ seconds of duration on the buffs is not a bad time and could probably be made a heck of a lot longer)
  3. Actually playing how she should play because she wanted to make Disruption look like a hectic and challenging game mode.

Again, I still agree with you.

I'm trying to take this frame as a new frame, not as one we've had hours of discussion on already. She isn't a stealth frame, she's a hybrid frame in a similar, but not on the same level, way as Oberon, she has buffs, she has mitigation, she has CC and she has damage. Just not in the way we all agreed would be better.

I think she's going to surprise us by being better than we think at the moment (although that's a low bar). I mean, we all did drop horror expectations on Hildryn, and she works fine. In fact, she works in one of the most surprising ways, where throwing all the Power Strength on her allows her to self-sustain better than Trinity can... I was shocked... 

So. Disappointed as I am at not getting the frame that any of us actually wanted... I'm going to pretend I'm positive until I'm proved right or wrong about the whole thing, rather than being pessimistic and upset about it the entire time and only getting any good vibes if I'm right.

• Like 2

On 2019-05-03 at 6:40 PM, Jfalz said:

I like Revenant 😞

That's ok.

I find Revenant boring. I'm deeply disappointing with his design and his (many) synergies are kinda useless or get's overshadowed by his Mesmer Skin and Danse Macabre. But hey, that's just my opinion, you like him and that's ok.

What I'm concerned of Wist is that her abilities don't reflect her theme (portals apparently) and have her entire kit overshadowed by a single ability.

Edited by (NSW)Kokojo
  • Like 1

Here are my opinions of each of her abilities and some suggestions for her the abilities.

·       All abilities can be used on the move

1st ability:

I like that you can pick and choose what buffs you want.

Suggestions;

·       When picking up wisps, make them visually translucent by the wisp`s energy colour looking like there are invisible, doing this will make it visually less annoying to look at.

·       Wisps should be shown on the screen as a (translucent) waypoint for allies to see to locate them and pick them up.

·       For the other buffs I would like to see an increase status chance buff (which works on weapons and warframe abilities), 100% viral buff (on weapons) and an increased range/ increase damage fall-off buff (range for melee & damage fall-off for guns).

·       Speed buff should also increase manoeuvring speed. (jumps, bullet-jumps, dodging)

·       The stun buff should have an 80% chance to stun enemies. It should also show the radius of the stun buff.

2nd ability:

I like this ability. It really fits her theme well and for the fact that you can also use it to be invisible as well.

Suggestions;

·       Make decoy agro 100% of the enemy’s attention.

·       Since it`s a ghostly decoy, make it be able to bypass closed doors, obstacles, grates, laser doors, enemies and magnetic doors and (if possible) wall

·       Teleporting refreshes her glide time.

·       This synergizes with some of the 1st ability buffs and changes its purpose. Speed buff can increase its movement speed, the viral buff will make it seek out enemies, infecting them with viral damage, the range buff in increase its stun range and the stun buff will open enemies up to finishers after teleporting.

3rd ability:

This ability synergising with the 1st ability is interesting and strategic however, I don`t know if it can be used without it synergising it with her 1st ability.

Suggestions;

·       When used with 1st ability, it can spread the following damage types;

- Health buff spreads toxin damage targeting their health.

- Speed buff spreads ice damage slowing enemies down or freezing them.

- Stun buff spreads electric damage stunning them in the process.

- Viral buff releases viral damage.

- Status buff releases corrosive damage which also makes them Susceptible to all damage types.

- range/dmg fall-off buff releases blast damage which will decrease damage done to allies the further they are from them.

·       You can use this ability by yourself and dish out the damage with whatever 1st ability you activated.

·       If you use the ability without activating any of the 1st abilities, it will do raw damage to enemies.

·       Using this ability in the air will change its functionality. If used in the air, it will revert alerted enemies into being unalerted.

4th ability:

I must admit, visually this ability looks nice, however, this ability doesn`t fit her theme, this is the only ability that reflects the “opening up portals” idea and this is something that fits revenant more than wisp.

Suggestions;

·       Make it to where you can aim while using it.

·       Make it leave behind a fiery trail for a short duration.

·       This ability synergises with 1st ability. This ability can move faster after picking up the speed buff, the viral buff is added to the damage, the status buff increases the ability’s status chance to proc fire damage.

However, if it was up to me, I would like to see a different 4th ability.

First of all before  I get into the "Meat" of this thread I want to state I love warframe and I love how DE has been building it and I hope DE continues to exist going further in the future.

Now for the  "meat"

Wisp and her kit overall

"Yes its one of those threads"

I honestly at the beginning when I heard and saw we were getting a ghost type warframe I was a bit giddy with joy and in my mind started to race about what her kit would be. Then I watched the dev stream and I was so disappointed that I had to watch a cute puppy video to cheer me up afterwards. (I'm not kidding)

Design wise I am in love with her design even with the covered up assets I am still in love with it overall. 10/10

1-3 of her kit doesn't make sense to me.

What I expected since she is a ghost type warframe is a bit of stealth and destruction mixed in and a with a bit of flair and "assets"

For example

I expected her to have a new take on stealth like instead of actually going invisible maybe she could do possession type stealth instead. Where she would haunt an enemy for a duration and be able to pilot it around from the inside make it go to places. just not pass nulifiers or security doors with magnetic beams while technically being invisible from patrols. What we got was a on jump she becomes invisible and its a passive. Not what I expected but it will suffice bit underwhelming but it will suffice.

I expected  something close to her design like a ability that make her eat the soul of whatever she haunts and gain health from it and leaving the body ultimately letting that enemy who had its soul eaten be a puppet for a duration before fully embracing death. Being a puppet with no soul would mean the enemy who had its soul eaten would move funny and not walk straight and even do random things for the duration to give the guise that it doesn't have a soul and just a puppet. No what we got is buffing ability like Titania which a player must interact with it to use it. 

Another ability I expected to her or something similar is having ability to make a walking bomb corpse but only when a enemy is haunted and has their soul eaten and now an empty shell. Where it does a mixture of lightning and toxic explosion in a mid area range while not being silent in anyway shape or form drawing enemies in other areas to your location. This is could be a wonderful distract tactic or a room clearing tactic. Since you could haunt an enemy carry to a crowded room and eat the soul and make it a walking bomb and leave it and watch it blow and dragging everything in a 25m radius that location while leaving the area in that 25 mile radius uninhabited for a duration making it stealth worthy and room clearing worthy. and even better before it goes of you can just Haunt one of the enemies and just walk away before it goes off. 

Her fourth ability is nice and I'm just gonna be a fan boy for a second

PRAISE THE SUN

With that out of the way - fourth ability is questionable at best

Overall to the theme of the warframe and kit were getting I am indeed disapointed because theme doesnt match the kit in anyway shape or form and this is my opinion on the subject probably others see it differently or some agree with me.

But the purpose of this thread is not a hate discussion just stating what I expected from the new warframe nothing more nothing less.

Thanks for taking the time of reading my thread and also would the community give their thoughts on wisp and her kit would love to hear the different opinions.

• Like 1

I can only say whati said already, she feels flower based, sunlight, plant things she plants as healing pods, etc.

It feels like tehy came up with her desing but mixed it with another frame.

I not really care atm till she is out thou and can see how she plays, then can decide mostly how things are.

I like the sun and her swish/teleport thingy but I HATE the little floating baskets of buffs, makes her so stationary. It's like this frame has been made by two different people. One wanted a mobility/ghostly frame (her swish and air invisibility) and another one wanted her a buffer/ stay put kinda frame. 

12 hours ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

What I expected since she is a ghost type warframe

You know, I think this is where the entire discussion about Wisp gets confused.

People keep saying 'ghost type' over and over, but aren't thinking about what Wisps supposedly were and did while being 'ghostly'.

There's a key (fictional) difference between 'ghosts' as spirits with certain supernatural abilities and 'wisps' as a kind of sub-species, and that is the specifics of where they appear and what they do while they're there.

For example, where a ghost is supposedly able to move things or even possess a person, a Wisp never does that, not once that I've read in my extensive fiction binges on the topics. Where a ghost is able to curse others or cause direct harm, only what's called a 'Wisp Mother' is able to do that in the fiction, a fully developed entity that controls other wisps and is able to defend their home from invaders.

The stories about wisps are almost exclusively about them being harmless in and of themselves, but become dangerous when people follow them, often leading people into natural traps or to a grove that they inhabit. People don't die from Wisps, as such, people die from drowning, falling or from being lost for so long they starve or die of thirst. And, as I said, sometimes they're benign, leading travellers out of danger on a whim, or leading a warrior away from their pursuers and towards their goal.

You, and lots of others in this thread, are not wrong. She's got the wrong power set for her 'theme', but I don't think that it's actually too far off.

For example, if you take Wisp herself as a 'wisp mother', there's a lot to be said about the powers in relation to that. Going invisible is just part of how Wisps supposedly flicker in and out of existence, they disappear from where you were looking and re-appear somewhere else just as quickly. Having it be part of her kit as 'being in the air makes you invisible' is a great Warframe adaptation of that concept.

Her 1 then creates wells that summon these little plant things that hover around you... almost like little wisps? Visually they aren't little lights, but they are similar. She's a Wisp mother getting stronger by controlling wisps around her. Sort of.

Her 2 is... actually perfect. It's incredibly in theme. She sends out an actual copy of herself as light, turning invisible while it's active, and can teleport to it. The addition of damage mitigation in that teleport is another functional Warframe adaptation that's very welcome.

Her 3 has been updated. They didn't actually explain what it does, but from the visuals of it, it's a radial blind. She's dazzling them with wisp light and that's completely on theme. Radial blinds are good in Warframe, and the idea that this is also one that emanates from her 1 casts as well (they did show it having an effect just from Wisp, although when they came to explain it, the game play got in the way) means that you could have potentially far more effective range on the thing... We'll have to see.

That 4 though... I mean... no. No, it's completely out of place and half a dozen people have come up with better ones even forgetting the theme, there are functionally better casts that would work incredibly well for this frame that don't rely on direct damage to do something.

If you want an example of that, scroll on back to page 33 of the thread, my comment starts with a Thor Ragnarok reference for fun ^^ The ability Lost Souls would be just a functional ability that then plays into all her other casts, making each stronger, but also having its own basic strong aspects that make it worth casting even without her other bits of kit.

The tl;dr of this:

Wisps are very nature themed. They are, in a way, technically ghosts. But the mythology around them is actually far more nature themed than basic ghost powers ever would be. While it's unfortunate that you didn't get the ghost themed frame that you wanted, I think it's actually far more unfortunate that we didn't get the Wisp themed frame that we wanted...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Gruiz said:

Wisp Warframe obviously will be able to be farmed in Disruption Rotation C withz drop chance of ephemera

Don't forget the flydolon seems to be coming with the gas city rework...  that needs 'something' as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Don't forget the flydolon seems to be coming with the gas city rework...  that needs 'something' as well.

Disruption C has a chance at Flydolon beacons. Flydolon has a chance to drop wolf beacons. Wolf has a chance to drop wolf medallions which is used to gain wolf standing which can be used to buy wisp parts at the final packmate rank:

(his real head is in his butt).

Edited by Firetempest

11 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Disruption C has a chance at Flydolon beacons. Flydolon has a chance to drop wolf beacons. Wolf has a chance to drop wolf medallions which is used to gain wolf standing which can be used to buy wisp parts at the final packmate rank:

Hide contents

You are a cruel and unusual human being.

Not necessarily. The Gas City update affect pretty much all of Jupiter, and the Wisp-parts may very well be spread out on more nodes, and possibly the Flydolon thing. Even if the Flydolon wont be active on day 1, they might do like they did with Hildryn, have the parts available but not the main blueprint until a week later or so when they unlock the new boss event. Keep your plat ready just in case if you want Wisp on day 1 😄 

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

Reveal hidden contents

change it to the wolf's replacement, which will start with the same lower than 4% spawn rate of the original wolf, and I wouldn't put it past DE lol...

Same with the '1 week delay' like hildryn too. 

Edited by LSG501