Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

I'm not super picky about frame power levels as long as they are playable and can contribute. My issue is when a frame has a theme that it doesn't bother to follow.

Hildryn: Massive bodybuilding physique, but does nothing strength related is all about shields and energy drops.

Wisp: A floating ghost frame that drops buff pods and summons sun beams.

I'm pretty sure they put up a dart board with random things written on it in order to design the frames now.

9 hours ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Seriously it was such a disappointment in the last Dev stream that they didn't address any of the community concerns. I get that the community seams split on her but to not address any of the comments feels kinda like they don't care at this point and are just going to release her as is no matter what.

Like with a lot of stuff lately, yes.

Kinder scary when you think about it, given what's going on with the whole Game Companies of late

19 hours ago, CodeUltimate said:

yeah DE just doesn't care anymore. I was really excited for wisp but now that I have seen her kit I can certainly say she will be utter garbage. :'c

I wouldn't say they don't care but I would say they have changed from the company they were a few years ago. I don't see Devs having the same 1 on 1 interactions with the fans that they used to. This is to be expected as the game has grown a sizeable amount over the years but the light hearted jabs like "registered losers" feel less playful and more like Freudian slips. (esp. as the joke has yet to die) They have grown to a point where they can no longer interact with every single person who poses a question and yet they seam to give off the air that they can and do.

There is also the issue where Garuda was suppose to come with her own quest and yet it felt ,personally at least, that she was just slapped at the end of Fortuna. Now while DE has said they don't want to do any more quests for frames because it pushes back the frames release I fail to see how that is an issue. If anything having frames tied to quests makes them more enjoyable and provided there was a rotation between a quest frame and a non-quest frame I think people would be happy with the wait.

Further the disbanding of the guides of the lotus program and the overall forum post regarding the program felt very petty. Perhaps petty is not the right word but the over all tone of it was very underhanded and dismissive of the complaints people have had over the years. As such has recently become the general feeling behind the companies reaction to community displeasure about on going or new issues. It feels that they have grown comfortable with a certain amount of praise from the community and anything less then that is a general attack that doesn't need/deserve acknowledgement.

The perceived issues in game vs legitimate ones is also a problem. Itzal having blink removed so people use other Archwings or K-drives is a non issue. Its one more or less made up by staff because Itzal's blink ability allows for faster travel then the previously mentioned options. It wasn't something people complained about while things like not being able to use any weapons or have any sort of combat while on K-Drive are. Then there are issues that are "fixed" such as being able to leave a survival still aren't up to par with how the community would like them to be. The Itzal blink issue shows how far staff seams to be from the community at this point. Wisps kit is just the straw on the camel at this point.

12 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Like with a lot of stuff lately, yes.

Kinder scary when you think about it, given what's going on with the whole Game Companies of late

Ya, it is a tad worrisome. I wonder if their bottom line will suffer for it or if the thick aspect of the frame will negate the loss of funds based on kit alone. Plenty of people play a frame because they like the look over how they play. While I had personally wanted wisp to be a frame I liked to play she is looking more like a fashion only frame. Play her once for MR fodder and only pull her out when you want to take a few nice captura.

I do worry about DE going to rout of some other AAA game companies. I know they have removed loot box/gambling systems in the past (kubrow skins), but I almost wonder if they would implement something like that now. Rivens for what they are worth are about as close to that system as you can get (and they cost nothing IRL save time) but it does beg to wonder what's next. Depending on how you look at it Hildryn was a pay to play before release as the boss to get her parts wasn't available upon her release. I don't imagine DE will start to charge for "DLC" (new quests, open worlds, railjack etc.) but I do think they are testing to see where the line with their players is.

Right now they are focused on getting players to come back everyday to play. (Fortuna's 3 different grinds and nightwaves tasks with time limited exclusives) Where is the line in what players will tolerate/force them to dedicate X amount of time a day playing? Then will fallow, how much money can we get from those players or how much money can we get from players who can't play that X amount. 

Another option though is that DE is just trying to inflate its numbers at this point. From a statistical stand point a higher play time per player coupled with a higher spending in the overall game looks promising to investors/share holders. (Working with statistics I can promise you people love watching green lines go in an upward direction esp. if they don't know what it means). Sadly these types of mindsets in charge of gaming companies lead to buggy/unfinished games, loot boxes, P2W items, and a clear separation from Dev teams and consumer feedback. If that's truely what's going on then they are already testing the water.

• Like 1

On 2019-05-07 at 11:23 AM, (PS4)chazmantaz1113 said:

wisp might not be effective but who doesn't want to fire a giant sun laser from their hands.  

Been there in Destiny 2. It’s cool, but the novelty wears off fast. 

Wisp’s a plat buy since it’s Mastery fodder far as I’m concerned. Mods and crap from disruption likewise. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

I was going to say that Wisp goes down as another MR Fodder Warframe & pulls up a seat next to Wukong once the new car smell wears off.

The playerbase keeps hammering Feedback at DE but she's still releasing as the secret child Vauban & Titania had, and thus plagued by all the problems both frames have.
So...Stillborn on arrival....sigh.

DE: "The game has changed dramatically. Static turrets/Stationary items don't work well in gameplay anymore. This is why we aren't just tweeking Vauban, we're giving him a complete rework from the ground up."

DE then releases Wisp who's kit revolves around stationary buff pods....
Her 2 & 4 are the only abilities that are truly unique & interesting.
Hell during Devstream 127 Rebecca blurted out that she was using Wisp pods to buff her #4 so she could kill the enemies.

So basically, use her 2 to get out of dodge, and build her for her 4 to actually kill things, and be useful. She's also frail as hell, Rebeccas had god-mode on. From what I could count she technically "died" around 14 times during that Disruption mission. =/

I'm seriously worried about Wisp.
I really wish DE had gone all in on her "portal" theme.

Some guy on Reddit said something about really doubling down on her Portal thing.
Like using portals to banish or execute (OHK) enemies below 30% hp (akin to Garuda's #1) while doing damage to those above 30% hp, the execution would basically such them into the portal which would have a random location on the other side, like a black hole, up in the sky, under an ocean, over a pit of lava, etc.
Leave the #2 as is.
Make the #3 an AOE, like she opens a portal somewhere random.
Wisp opens a portal to:
- Space that intercepts a Meteor Shower, so she rains meteors upon the battlefield.
- Jupiter, right in the perpetual storm of Jupiter, where multiple lightning bolts shoot out the portal & crackle across the battlefield.
- Saturn, acidic clouds pour out and engulf the enemy.
- Pluto, the portal sucks in an icy landslide & buries the enemy.
- Uranus, a massive tidal wave or crash of water pours out.

Something like that. Other people had some crazy cool portal ideas too.
But nope, we get stationary flower pods, that most players will use about as often as Titania's buffs, and Vauban's traps. =/

Wisp is a hybrid frame with abilities lend from others.  Some ability are from concept frames some are from current frames and their mish-mash. 

The greatest sin ( despite her abilities could be good)  is the unused theme. She is supposed to be a ghost themed frame but non of her abilities are ghost like.  👻 We can wait for a true ghost frame.  

I have the weirdest feeling youre going to be forced to build her in a way that completely ignores her 4th ability. 

Increasing range/some strength/duration and 80% efficiency or less while running zenurik.

Probably using 2 arcane guardians on her as well.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

I get the feeling that DE no longer has passion behind their frames. They just churn them out. Call me cyclical, but I think profit is now their end goal, instead of making something awesome. 

My Wisp Thotz:

1. She's my go-to Interception frame....and nothing else.  Those stationary buff pods also have a bit of AoE damage possible in them.  So put together a build that can spam that, drop your pods at the 4 points, use Zen energy dash, spam death on any enemies trying to take the points.

2. She's not a Wisp.  She's yet another in the WTF mismatches between her appearance, supposed theme, and actual powers.

3. She's going to get the same generic tank-ish mods build I put on all the frames that don't have defense abilities.  Adaptation, health, armor, here we come.

4. She might be getting released with Disruption, but I seriously doubt she'll be played there at all after the first week of her release.  We're finally getting a game mode that rewards fast and efficient gameplay, and she is neither of those things.

5. She's not even in the same zip code as Mesa Prime when it comes to her obvious assets.  

5a. When are we getting a male frame in a speedo?  I mean, I'm a heterosexual male, but I also believe fair is fair.  Plus, as a heterosexual male, I want a frame that makes me look good for the lady-frames 😉

• Like 3

On 2019-05-07 at 6:57 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

You know, I think this is where the entire discussion about Wisp gets confused.

People keep saying 'ghost type' over and over, but aren't thinking about what Wisps supposedly were and did while being 'ghostly'.

There's a key (fictional) difference between 'ghosts' as spirits with certain supernatural abilities and 'wisps' as a kind of sub-species, and that is the specifics of where they appear and what they do while they're there.

For example, where a ghost is supposedly able to move things or even possess a person, a Wisp never does that, not once that I've read in my extensive fiction binges on the topics. Where a ghost is able to curse others or cause direct harm, only what's called a 'Wisp Mother' is able to do that in the fiction, a fully developed entity that controls other wisps and is able to defend their home from invaders.

The stories about wisps are almost exclusively about them being harmless in and of themselves, but become dangerous when people follow them, often leading people into natural traps or to a grove that they inhabit. People don't die from Wisps, as such, people die from drowning, falling or from being lost for so long they starve or die of thirst. And, as I said, sometimes they're benign, leading travellers out of danger on a whim, or leading a warrior away from their pursuers and towards their goal.

You, and lots of others in this thread, are not wrong. She's got the wrong power set for her 'theme', but I don't think that it's actually too far off.

For example, if you take Wisp herself as a 'wisp mother', there's a lot to be said about the powers in relation to that. Going invisible is just part of how Wisps supposedly flicker in and out of existence, they disappear from where you were looking and re-appear somewhere else just as quickly. Having it be part of her kit as 'being in the air makes you invisible' is a great Warframe adaptation of that concept.

Her 1 then creates wells that summon these little plant things that hover around you... almost like little wisps? Visually they aren't little lights, but they are similar. She's a Wisp mother getting stronger by controlling wisps around her. Sort of.

Her 2 is... actually perfect. It's incredibly in theme. She sends out an actual copy of herself as light, turning invisible while it's active, and can teleport to it. The addition of damage mitigation in that teleport is another functional Warframe adaptation that's very welcome.

Her 3 has been updated. They didn't actually explain what it does, but from the visuals of it, it's a radial blind. She's dazzling them with wisp light and that's completely on theme. Radial blinds are good in Warframe, and the idea that this is also one that emanates from her 1 casts as well (they did show it having an effect just from Wisp, although when they came to explain it, the game play got in the way) means that you could have potentially far more effective range on the thing... We'll have to see.

That 4 though... I mean... no. No, it's completely out of place and half a dozen people have come up with better ones even forgetting the theme, there are functionally better casts that would work incredibly well for this frame that don't rely on direct damage to do something.

If you want an example of that, scroll on back to page 33 of the thread, my comment starts with a Thor Ragnarok reference for fun ^^ The ability Lost Souls would be just a functional ability that then plays into all her other casts, making each stronger, but also having its own basic strong aspects that make it worth casting even without her other bits of kit.

The tl;dr of this:

Wisps are very nature themed. They are, in a way, technically ghosts. But the mythology around them is actually far more nature themed than basic ghost powers ever would be. While it's unfortunate that you didn't get the ghost themed frame that you wanted, I think it's actually far more unfortunate that we didn't get the Wisp themed frame that we wanted...

First of all thank you for the response.

Secondly, telling my expectation of mythology phenomenon which I have always thought was ghostly is nature based and also saying in short that im wrong and I shouldn't considered her to be ghostly yet still passive says otherwise. No I won't agree with that because we all have different expectations of the subject and depending on what you look for when you research it you will get different understandings of it.

You are just basically putting science(nature aspect) in a fantasy game that is not real while myself is putting mythology(ghostly) aspect in it  to reference it. To me a game is a place where you can immerse yourself to your fullest and forget about time so putting science here does not help with immersion and you could say the same about mythology - there is no who is right and who is wrong aspect. So when you said wisps nature by origin, I will respectfully disagree. 

Yes I will agree with your flame aspect of it it would match her theme more but her being a buffer ridiculously out of place and is one of the reasons I'm not interested in the frame. I don't need another buffer when i have Titania, Oberon, Harrow, Trinity etc. the game is becoming so repetitive that I'm unconsciously ignoring repetitive content and I'm afraid wisp will fall in that category like Titania, Harrow and Trinity already are.

8 hours ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

No I won't agree with that because we all have different expectations of the subject

Ah, now this is where you misunderstand me.

I wasn't saying you were wrong. A ghostly frame would have a hell of a lot of great things about it. I was going into detail on the topic of there being differences in how the things are portrayed and then using that to show that if DE were to actually go into the Wisp theme fully there are some incredibly good powers that could come out based on that. And that the powers they've started to put in lean far more into that aspect than they do a dedicated 'ghost' frame.

You're not wrong that a ghost frame would have a lot of overlap, mostly because Wisps are supposedly ghosts too, but the difference is what makes it cool. It's the difference that makes for theming a frame's abilities into something that DE can then make unique. I would love a ghost frame. But given the topic of a 'wisp' frame, there is so much mythology to explore there on its own.

If anything, you could say that I would far rather DE save the ghostly abilities for a frame that's dedicated to be ghostly themed. Why? Because you can even further sub-divide the mythology. Why not a specific 'poltergeist' themed frame? The idea of a malicious spirit that is unseen and uses telekinetic chaos against its victims and even possession?

Or you could pick something like a Mogwai, a chinese ghost that takes vengeance on beings that caused them harm, and create a frame that could create duplicates of itself and use damage dealt to it and its doubles in order to hurt enemies, using the 'ghostly' nature to mitigate damage and charge it into another effect.

The world we have has explored its mythology for thousands of years, and by taking a slice of it, rather than a broad swathe, DE can create frames and abilities that are vastly different from each other even though they share roots.

I mean, look at the difference between a European Vampire and an Egyptian Mummy. There's actually not a lot of difference at all. Just the specifics of what the abilities do. A vampire can sometimes turn into bats, while a mummy can sometimes turn into a swarm of scarabs. Sometimes vampires control thralls, sometimes a mummy controls thralls. Vampires suck the blood of their victims to extend their life, mummies drain the life force of their victims to extend their life. Turn to dust, turn to sand. Summon malaise and sleep, summon plagues. Set against werewolves, set against cats XD

The whole point of my comment wasn't ever to say 'you're wrong, this is not a ghost frame' it was to say 'yeah, it's a ghost frame, but look at the type of ghost, aren't all these things it's supposed to do something cool and have applications in the game?'

7 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Ah, now this is where you misunderstand me.

I wasn't saying you were wrong. A ghostly frame would have a hell of a lot of great things about it. I was going into detail on the topic of there being differences in how the things are portrayed and then using that to show that if DE were to actually go into the Wisp theme fully there are some incredibly good powers that could come out based on that. And that the powers they've started to put in lean far more into that aspect than they do a dedicated 'ghost' frame.

You're not wrong that a ghost frame would have a lot of overlap, mostly because Wisps are supposedly ghosts too, but the difference is what makes it cool. It's the difference that makes for theming a frame's abilities into something that DE can then make unique. I would love a ghost frame. But given the topic of a 'wisp' frame, there is so much mythology to explore there on its own.

If anything, you could say that I would far rather DE save the ghostly abilities for a frame that's dedicated to be ghostly themed. Why? Because you can even further sub-divide the mythology. Why not a specific 'poltergeist' themed frame? The idea of a malicious spirit that is unseen and uses telekinetic chaos against its victims and even possession?

From I understood I thought you were telling me I was wrong on how I envision it. My bad maybe I misunderstood.

I do agree with you that type of frame their making has nothing do with a do with a ghost plus I'm not sure why her passive is there. 

It would be cool though if we could get a ghost frame that was a saboteur/destroyer/stealth frame in future that doesn't combined other warframe abilities and just be unique 

7 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Or you could pick something like a Mogwai, a chinese ghost that takes vengeance on beings that caused them harm, and create a frame that could create duplicates of itself and use damage dealt to it and its doubles in order to hurt enemies, using the 'ghostly' nature to mitigate damage and charge it into another effect.

The world we have has explored its mythology for thousands of years, and by taking a slice of it, rather than a broad swathe, DE can create frames and abilities that are vastly different from each other even though they share roots.

I mean, look at the difference between a European Vampire and an Egyptian Mummy. There's actually not a lot of difference at all. Just the specifics of what the abilities do. A vampire can sometimes turn into bats, while a mummy can sometimes turn into a swarm of scarabs. Sometimes vampires control thralls, sometimes a mummy controls thralls. Vampires suck the blood of their victims to extend their life, mummies drain the life force of their victims to extend their life. Turn to dust, turn to sand. Summon malaise and sleep, summon plagues. Set against werewolves, set against cats XD

The whole point of my comment wasn't ever to say 'you're wrong, this is not a ghost frame' it was to say 'yeah, it's a ghost frame, but look at the type of ghost, aren't all these things it's supposed to do something cool and have applications in the game?'

Exactly this.

Mythology has great ideas for frames and could easily be exploited. 

2 hours ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

From I understood I thought you were telling me I was wrong on how I envision it. My bad maybe I misunderstood.

Apologies for the misunderstanding ^^

But there is one more thing I think you'll agree with me on:

Why were DE willing to change Garuda's 4 when we, the fanbase, said that after Revenant we found those kinds of steering-the-animation types of abilities un-fun and very limiting, but then not willing to change Wisp's 4 when we, the exact same fanbase, gave the exact same feedback this time around?

Don't you think that's a bit... weird?

6 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Apologies for the misunderstanding ^^

But there is one more thing I think you'll agree with me on:

Why were DE willing to change Garuda's 4 when we, the fanbase, said that after Revenant we found those kinds of steering-the-animation types of abilities un-fun and very limiting, but then not willing to change Wisp's 4 when we, the exact same fanbase, gave the exact same feedback this time around?

Don't you think that's a bit... weird?

It reminds me of Khrora's release a lot. In that case they had a whole different skill set than ultimately appeared that was beholden to a change to the damage system that never materialized. What was to be a Warframe devoted to showcasing the strengths of each status type became simply a Warframe with an extra companion. She still has remnants in the kit from the previous design, her Venari toggle was a stance change between the three, which is why her spikes change to denote it between aesthetically "Slash" spikes, "Impact" spikes, and "Puncture" spikes rather than something indicative of "Attack", "Healing", and "Defense". In the end her Slash whip is all we have of the original theme, and since the interesting part would have largely been impact and puncture being useful choices, the theme falls flat. 

Wisp needed to drop with this update, and it would have been unexcusable otherwise. Though it's a far cry from pretty much any imaginable "Wisp" it's basically what could be done in the time frame. Without a large content drop imminent, they can, and will need to focus on fixing Wisp. Like Khora, it's just not going to be at release and likely will never appear as the original theme intended.

I have to assume there's still things DE isn't telling us about Wisp's kit, because everything I've read and seen so far just makes me look back in shame at how excited I was at the concept back when we just had a name and some floaty animations. The little bits of info we got made her seem right up my alley, potentially. Now all we've got is a passive and a 2 that look pretty rad, and a DIY disaster show superglued onto them for the rest of her kit.

I don't have anything to contribute, really. Just hoping against hope that DE is making the dumb mistake of being coy about something REAL IMPORTANT that we'll figure out once she's actually in our hands.

9 hours ago, F8ted said:

and since the interesting part would have largely been impact and puncture being useful choices, the theme falls flat.

I think the phrase you're looking for is 'unbelievably weird choices' on this...

The idea that Impact, if used multiple times, would literally send an enemy into orbit instead of keeping them on the ground within the area where you could actually kill them? The idea that all Puncture does and ever will do is decrease enemy damage, but unless it scales to 100% that's effectively nothing due to how much damage enemies can scale up to even at 1%?

Honestly, I'm glad that Khora has a fully functioning kit in general. It's not what DE wanted, but it's a practical kit that does have a lot of scaling potential. Especially with the way the CC works and combines to multiply damage (as all good CC should) to groups of enemies. And while Venari's stances are now the Attack, Defend and Heal stances, those aren't actually all that bad because Venari can be modded for fairly decent damage, is a constant source of enemy distraction that you can heal with your own damage, and is also a very significant heal-bot whenever you go below 90% health.

For a Warframe that has no direct damage mitigation in their kit, like Khora, having a recovery function like Venari is actually pretty good in combination with all the damage and CC she can output.

Now the trick is to ensure that even if Wisp isn't what we strictly wanted, that we test the crap out of her to see if she's actually functional too. The sun-laser doesn't make sense, that's true, but does it actually hold up mechanically when we get her? The buffs don't appear to wonderful at first, but do they actually do things we didn't notice? (People are pointing out that there may be a health regen on the health buff, and I personally noted that it's actually a hefty boost at the point it was being used, adding over 400 points of health, which is really good for tanky frames.) And even I didn't catch, the first time around, that her 2 also makes Wisp invisible for the duration along with the the large floating decoy, so enemies a more-or-less forced to re-target and stop shooting in her direction when she casts it.

Wisp may not be, as many people were hoping, a Stealth frame due to her amount of time spent invisible. But she is a blend of stealth, buffing, damage mitigating and damage dealing. And I'm getting Rhino in mind when I think about it. Rhino actually has only one ability that lets him be tanky, and it's great if you use it well, but he has low direct damage, he has a straight-forward damage buff, and he has a great radial CC which even doubles the damage of his 1 when used... So if Wisp has a decent team buff, really good damage mitigation, a decoy and teleport function, radial CC (we don't know what else her 3 does now) and direct damage that can be scaled up? Yes the blend isn't what we were expecting from a frame titles 'wisp', but if she actually functions...

Then we may have gotten a fairly good deal out of this, even if we didn't get the ideal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I think the phrase you're looking for is 'unbelievably weird choices' on this...

The idea that Impact, if used multiple times, would literally send an enemy into orbit instead of keeping them on the ground within the area where you could actually kill them? The idea that all Puncture does and ever will do is decrease enemy damage, but unless it scales to 100% that's effectively nothing due to how much damage enemies can scale up to even at 1%?

Honestly, I'm glad that Khora has a fully functioning kit in general. It's not what DE wanted, but it's a practical kit that does have a lot of scaling potential. Especially with the way the CC works and combines to multiply damage (as all good CC should) to groups of enemies. And while Venari's stances are now the Attack, Defend and Heal stances, those aren't actually all that bad because Venari can be modded for fairly decent damage, is a constant source of enemy distraction that you can heal with your own damage, and is also a very significant heal-bot whenever you go below 90% health.

For a Warframe that has no direct damage mitigation in their kit, like Khora, having a recovery function like Venari is actually pretty good in combination with all the damage and CC she can output.

Yeah, the redesign never surfaced. Of course it would make 0 sense to use the current status effects as themes, because well of IPS only Slash is at all useful, and of the rest it's basically limited to Corrosive, Viral, and Gas. Since nothing they suggested actually added damage to impact or puncture, slash was always going to be mechanically better. Now I'm pretty happy that she wasn't stuck with a kit that was based off switching between two useless stances and one useful one, but it is damn near the case currently. Attack is basically worthless in any content that matters, and Defend is literally useless, leaving heal both subpar and de facto. The best damage mitigation is really the halfway decent armor she has inherently, and that she can sacrifice Venari to cheat death. Khora is doing alright, mainly because whiplash deals some godly damage, the rest of her kit is designed to cc the whole room and transfer her damage between them, and now she has an extra loot effect like Nekros/Hydroid.

That being said, Impact and Puncture are super useless right now, and have been since damage 2.0 when they were switched from being another elemental type like toxin, to a buff to the inherent stats of the gun and given useless procs. Since the system could not be figured out by the time of Khora's introduction, the entire system was scrapped. Though whispers of intent may still go around every now and again, we have no reason to expect a fix to IPS in ever. Wisp, I believe, was a re-look at stealth that got screwy. Primarily due to our drought of any stealth Warframes, and relatively laughable current lineup, it was well an opportunity to whip up "portals" and "wisps" into a new stealth bundle. One of the bigger issues, similar to the IPS changes, is that stealth isn't exactly fixable within a Warframe's kit. Try as both you and I might, and presumably DE, there is just no real reason to stealth outside of not being targeted and stealth multipliers to damage. Sure it's nice to be able to go into a stealth mission, but they are almost universally disdained. Stealth represents a strategy that grants far less reward for much more effort. In a space ninja game it seems like it should be useful, but it never amounts to anything. To ball and chain Wisp to Spy and similar, would be a design mistake in the current atmosphere of Warframe. 

So what do you make if stealth is absolutely useless? A passive that gives near permanent stealth, objective based buffs, and AoE damage. The opposite of what was "basically useless" not for doing it's job poorly, but because the job is undesired. Khora loses IPS association, Wisp loses Stealth association, these systems are still screwy for years. Actually they need some serious help in the balancing territory. The "release it and let players sort it out" attitude only continues because players have taken it as doctrine that nothing is ever going to be a challenge in this game. Nothing is game breaking because virtually everyone wipes out a room with a single button press.

I have had ups and downs in opinion on Wisp. Virtually just makes me wish that the systems that cause these recurrent issues were eventually fixed. I know none of the current devs have any idea how to implement, but that seems like a current dev problem. They are really good with art and atmosphere 5/5. For general balance they are a hard 1/5, I have actually layed off the balance criticisms of every other game because there is literally 0 here and they are doing just fine. For general Warframe/Hero options 2-3/5 and guns 1-2/5. Most of either category is generally regarded as useless, and while when a Warframe is on point it's a pretty cool package, many times they have 1-2 abilities they are used for and nothing else matters. Also, they experiment with new mechanics with each new Warframe, but rarely retroactively apply successful mechanics to preceding frames. I know you and I see differently on the Zephyr issue, but to me, Titania's flight is amazingly fun. It is terribly limited by energy mechanics that also just suck, but Zephyr makes me wonder what exactly they saw her being used for years before PoE even dropped. To the same note, both Inaros and Nidus proved that Valkyr would have been much better off with extra health and no shields, yet she has an ability that deals damage based off remaining shields. There is very little difference between Equinox's 4 and Ember's 4, however by allowing Equinox to largely ignore armor, allowing it to do further damage based off your allies damage, and allowing energy to regenerate while it's being used, Ember is considered needing a rework while Equinox is OP. Back to stealth, Ivara's is actually terrible, they could have learned from their mistake and made it a long duration based buff. Now she is Queen of AFK farming and 3rd/4th choice for Spy because of how slow she is. Sure good with a bow though. 

There needs to be an overhaul of plenty of system foundations, and they need to stop being afraid of progress. They have detonated entire Warframes, Maps, and Missions yet it always seems for some needless goal of the devs while players have some pretty legitimate concerns. Some of these changes would be little more than removing trash mechanics and adding known useful mechanics. Some require thinking on an incredibly analytic scale as things that sound cool (Impact ragdolling) may have no use when they are a choice next to something that actually improves TTK (Slash Bleed). It's also rough posting here, at least for me, anything more productive than criticism. Forum posters are an interesting bunch, and while I'd really like to work with the devteam, it feels like I'd be better off going outside and yelling in their building's general direction than posting here. 

God, i wish she was a more ghostly frame.

1: ghost form, become invisible, invincible and gain the abillity to go through enemies, dealing a bit of damage

2: take control of an enemy, become him and gain some interactions depending on the enemy, for example corpus being able to cancel lasers in spy missions by calling the pager, infested becoming immune to damage from the toxin clouds, and give it a really big range, and perhaps be able to see enemies through walls in a range, so we could teleport from enemy to enemy with a super speedy animation similar to suggested 1.

these two abilities as a basis for her would be awesome, could be unique and fun, and give a reason to play as her that's not just about nuking.

Edited by Clucktrap

5 hours ago, Clucktrap said:

God, i wish she was a more ghostly frame.

1: ghost form, become invisible, invincible and gain the abillity to go through enemies, dealing a bit of damage

2: take control of an enemy, become him and gain some interactions depending on the enemy, for example corpus being able to cancel lasers in spy missions by calling the pager, infested becoming immune to damage from the toxin clouds, and give it a really big range, and perhaps be able to see enemies through walls in a range, so we could teleport from enemy to enemy with a super speedy animation similar to suggested 1.

these two abilities as a basis for her would be awesome, could be unique and fun, and give a reason to play as her that's not just about nuking.

You and a few of us here. 

These happened right after her first reveal, to no avail. Though I am certain she is due for some massive changes after release, sadly I think the devteam is adamant that she has lost her "ghostly" theme. Best we can hope for is a useful kit.