ShikiRen

Wisp Review/Early feedback

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Page 33 of the thread, Lucky, page 33. Key Word 'Lost Souls'.

I am 100% with you.

Thanks friend ❤️ heres hoping de make some revisions before things are set in stone for another few years till a rework

1 hour ago, CodeUltimate said:

that's funny because I thought hildryn would be the useless frame since she was based on shields but now that we were shown how wisp works.... 

Ture, but given how no feedback was ever taken into account. Static buffs, Sun power belongs on Ember, etc. Nothing Ghostly/Phantom about her besides her passive and 1. And given how her alt can do Corssive/Heat and Rad damage all at once. gonna be nerfed into nothing.

Wisp feels like the Revnenent/Passive Frame, atm.

But we'll have to see until she is out.

7 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Disruption C has a chance at Flydolon beacons. Flydolon has a chance to drop wolf beacons. Wolf has a chance to drop wolf medallions which is used to gain wolf standing which can be used to buy wisp parts at the final packmate rank:

Reveal hidden contents

(his real head is in his butt).

If this turns out to be true I'm going to personally hide all your pen caps in your house

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Here I was expecting another butt thread. I'm disappointed now. 😞

It does seem we are past due for what the Brazilians call a 'Bum Bum Contest' as part of our dojo decorations. 

5 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Ture, but given how no feedback was ever taken into account. Static buffs, Sun power belongs on Ember, etc. Nothing Ghostly/Phantom about her besides her passive and 1. And given how her alt can do Corssive/Heat and Rad damage all at once. gonna be nerfed into nothing.

Wisp feels like the Revnenent/Passive Frame, atm.

But we'll have to see until she is out.

Seriously it was such a disappointment in the last Dev stream that they didn't address any of the community concerns. I get that the community seams split on her but to not address any of the comments feels kinda like they don't care at this point and are just going to release her as is no matter what.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

It does seem we are past due for what the Brazilians call a 'Bum Bum Contest' as part of our dojo decorations. 

That could lead to some great assets!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

What are those?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Seriously it was such a disappointment in the last Dev stream that they didn't address any of the community concerns. I get that the community seams split on her but to not address any of the comments feels kinda like they don't care at this point and are just going to release her as is no matter what.

yeah DE just doesn't care anymore. I was really excited for wisp but now that I have seen her kit I can certainly say she will be utter garbage. :'c

2 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

yeah DE just doesn't care anymore. I was really excited for wisp but now that I have seen her kit I can certainly say she will be utter garbage. :'c

Yea, she is not looking good at all. Her theme is confusing. Her kit is a mess of old tired frame ablities. Wisp is just showing that de is scrapping to the bottom of the barrel.

Posted (edited)

Few years ago they released frames useful for very hard specific missions. If they don't add new gameplay mechanics there is no reason to release new frames but if you wanna be fashion.

Edited by bibmobello

2 hours ago, Legion-Shields said:

What are those?

Oh no.  

I've been around here too long to go down that route with you.

I dont even like this wisp design to begin with.

I'm not super picky about frame power levels as long as they are playable and can contribute. My issue is when a frame has a theme that it doesn't bother to follow.

Hildryn: Massive bodybuilding physique, but does nothing strength related is all about shields and energy drops.

Wisp: A floating ghost frame that drops buff pods and summons sun beams.

I'm pretty sure they put up a dart board with random things written on it in order to design the frames now.

9 hours ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Like with a lot of stuff lately, yes.

Kinder scary when you think about it, given what's going on with the whole Game Companies of late

really no idea what the heck did DE have in mind when designing Wisp, her powers have no link to her look

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CodeUltimate said:

I wouldn't say they don't care but I would say they have changed from the company they were a few years ago. I don't see Devs having the same 1 on 1 interactions with the fans that they used to. This is to be expected as the game has grown a sizeable amount over the years but the light hearted jabs like "registered losers" feel less playful and more like Freudian slips. (esp. as the joke has yet to die) They have grown to a point where they can no longer interact with every single person who poses a question and yet they seam to give off the air that they can and do.

There is also the issue where Garuda was suppose to come with her own quest and yet it felt ,personally at least, that she was just slapped at the end of Fortuna. Now while DE has said they don't want to do any more quests for frames because it pushes back the frames release I fail to see how that is an issue. If anything having frames tied to quests makes them more enjoyable and provided there was a rotation between a quest frame and a non-quest frame I think people would be happy with the wait.

Further the disbanding of the guides of the lotus program and the overall forum post regarding the program felt very petty. Perhaps petty is not the right word but the over all tone of it was very underhanded and dismissive of the complaints people have had over the years. As such has recently become the general feeling behind the companies reaction to community displeasure about on going or new issues. It feels that they have grown comfortable with a certain amount of praise from the community and anything less then that is a general attack that doesn't need/deserve acknowledgement.

The perceived issues in game vs legitimate ones is also a problem. Itzal having blink removed so people use other Archwings or K-drives is a non issue. Its one more or less made up by staff because Itzal's blink ability allows for faster travel then the previously mentioned options. It wasn't something people complained about while things like not being able to use any weapons or have any sort of combat while on K-Drive are. Then there are issues that are "fixed" such as being able to leave a survival still aren't up to par with how the community would like them to be. The Itzal blink issue shows how far staff seams to be from the community at this point. Wisps kit is just the straw on the camel at this point.

12 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Like with a lot of stuff lately, yes.

Kinder scary when you think about it, given what's going on with the whole Game Companies of late

Ya, it is a tad worrisome. I wonder if their bottom line will suffer for it or if the thick aspect of the frame will negate the loss of funds based on kit alone. Plenty of people play a frame because they like the look over how they play. While I had personally wanted wisp to be a frame I liked to play she is looking more like a fashion only frame. Play her once for MR fodder and only pull her out when you want to take a few nice captura.

I do worry about DE going to rout of some other AAA game companies. I know they have removed loot box/gambling systems in the past (kubrow skins), but I almost wonder if they would implement something like that now. Rivens for what they are worth are about as close to that system as you can get (and they cost nothing IRL save time) but it does beg to wonder what's next. Depending on how you look at it Hildryn was a pay to play before release as the boss to get her parts wasn't available upon her release. I don't imagine DE will start to charge for "DLC" (new quests, open worlds, railjack etc.) but I do think they are testing to see where the line with their players is.

Right now they are focused on getting players to come back everyday to play. (Fortuna's 3 different grinds and nightwaves tasks with time limited exclusives) Where is the line in what players will tolerate/force them to dedicate X amount of time a day playing? Then will fallow, how much money can we get from those players or how much money can we get from players who can't play that X amount. 

Another option though is that DE is just trying to inflate its numbers at this point. From a statistical stand point a higher play time per player coupled with a higher spending in the overall game looks promising to investors/share holders. (Working with statistics I can promise you people love watching green lines go in an upward direction esp. if they don't know what it means). Sadly these types of mindsets in charge of gaming companies lead to buggy/unfinished games, loot boxes, P2W items, and a clear separation from Dev teams and consumer feedback. If that's truely what's going on then they are already testing the water.

• Like 1

i predict a plat off coupon and buying her out right. (i havent logged in for a good amount of time)

Posted (edited)
On 2019-05-07 at 11:23 AM, (PS4)chazmantaz1113 said:

wisp might not be effective but who doesn't want to fire a giant sun laser from their hands.  

Been there in Destiny 2. It’s cool, but the novelty wears off fast. 

Wisp’s a plat buy since it’s Mastery fodder far as I’m concerned. Mods and crap from disruption likewise. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

I was going to say that Wisp goes down as another MR Fodder Warframe & pulls up a seat next to Wukong once the new car smell wears off.

The playerbase keeps hammering Feedback at DE but she's still releasing as the secret child Vauban & Titania had, and thus plagued by all the problems both frames have.
So...Stillborn on arrival....sigh.

DE: "The game has changed dramatically. Static turrets/Stationary items don't work well in gameplay anymore. This is why we aren't just tweeking Vauban, we're giving him a complete rework from the ground up."

DE then releases Wisp who's kit revolves around stationary buff pods....
Her 2 & 4 are the only abilities that are truly unique & interesting.
Hell during Devstream 127 Rebecca blurted out that she was using Wisp pods to buff her #4 so she could kill the enemies.

So basically, use her 2 to get out of dodge, and build her for her 4 to actually kill things, and be useful. She's also frail as hell, Rebeccas had god-mode on. From what I could count she technically "died" around 14 times during that Disruption mission. =/

I'm seriously worried about Wisp.
I really wish DE had gone all in on her "portal" theme.

Some guy on Reddit said something about really doubling down on her Portal thing.
Like using portals to banish or execute (OHK) enemies below 30% hp (akin to Garuda's #1) while doing damage to those above 30% hp, the execution would basically such them into the portal which would have a random location on the other side, like a black hole, up in the sky, under an ocean, over a pit of lava, etc.
Leave the #2 as is.
Make the #3 an AOE, like she opens a portal somewhere random.
Wisp opens a portal to:
- Space that intercepts a Meteor Shower, so she rains meteors upon the battlefield.
- Jupiter, right in the perpetual storm of Jupiter, where multiple lightning bolts shoot out the portal & crackle across the battlefield.
- Saturn, acidic clouds pour out and engulf the enemy.
- Pluto, the portal sucks in an icy landslide & buries the enemy.
- Uranus, a massive tidal wave or crash of water pours out.

Something like that. Other people had some crazy cool portal ideas too.
But nope, we get stationary flower pods, that most players will use about as often as Titania's buffs, and Vauban's traps. =/

• Upvote 1

Wisp is a hybrid frame with abilities lend from others.  Some ability are from concept frames some are from current frames and their mish-mash. 

The greatest sin ( despite her abilities could be good)  is the unused theme. She is supposed to be a ghost themed frame but non of her abilities are ghost like.  👻 We can wait for a true ghost frame.  

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I have the weirdest feeling youre going to be forced to build her in a way that completely ignores her 4th ability. 

Increasing range/some strength/duration and 80% efficiency or less while running zenurik.

Probably using 2 arcane guardians on her as well.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

I get the feeling that DE no longer has passion behind their frames. They just churn them out. Call me cyclical, but I think profit is now their end goal, instead of making something awesome. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Yousho said:

instead of making something awesome. 

Bit hard to do when what the devs have in mind as awesome don't equate to what we the consumer and community thinks is awesome.

• Upvote 1