Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

@(PS4)wintersfrozen

I didn't talk about the bigger grind, I said the trials were too easy to do. Yes, by itself, to stand an hour is difficult. But at the end, of this hour you don't do anything special. You need more tests, which are really tests, for example, to pass the espionage mission being secretive and not using any abilities. Large part that is proposed now can be done with closed eyes.

From what I understand, Whisp/Wisp is meant to be a mobile, agile frame that is good at subterfuge and foiling the enemy; at least that's what I hear the original ideas were, much like Revenant being an "eidolon frame".

Yet again though, they've gone completely off the track (as with revenant).

Her 1 makes her stationary and her 4 makes her almost immobile while also being a bloomin' sun laser.... yeah, so much for mobility and subterfuge.

Would have been a better idea to give the "cryopod defense objectives" those abilities and make it a playable entity, at least it would fit the theme.

Edited by Els236

4 minutes ago, zhellon said:

@(PS4)wintersfrozen

I didn't talk about the bigger grind, I said the trials were too easy to do. Yes, by itself, to stand an hour is difficult. But at the end, of this hour you don't do anything special. You need more tests, which are really tests, for example, to pass the espionage mission being secretive and not using any abilities. Large part that is proposed now can be done with closed eyes.

Again I would say it depends on the player. A new player is going to have a harder time getting all spy vaults without alarms then a vet. A casual player might not be able to get 3 treasures and star them up where as a hardcore player knows all locations and can have it done in a blink of an eye. Someone who is just trying fortuna for the first time today wont be able to fight the orbs where as someone who has been playing it since launch might know how to take them down within a matter of minutes. What is easy to one person isn't to another.

Most people don't look to a child learning their ABC's and expect them to read Homers "The Iliad" then belittle them for not being able to read it let alone understand the complexities of it. Perhaps there is a cognitive dissonance among gamers that driving to be the best means not having to acknowledge that we were not always as skilled as we are today. That however is something game developers do have to look at because catering to one player base and this incudes making trials that you, yourself, might not find hard but others might.

I wont deny the game needs more challenge for those who crave it but nightwave, as a replacement for alerts, is not the place for it. Perhaps the new mode that Wisp theoretically will be locked behind might be able to provide that challenge you clearly crave without the need to remove content that less intensive players need to progress threw the game.

il y a 3 minutes, (PS4)wintersfrozen a dit :

Again I would say it depends on the player. A new player is going to have a harder time getting all spy vaults without alarms then a vet. A casual player might not be able to get 3 treasures and star them up where as a hardcore player knows all locations and can have it done in a blink of an eye. Someone who is just trying fortuna for the first time today wont be able to fight the orbs where as someone who has been playing it since launch might know how to take them down within a matter of minutes. What is easy to one person isn't to another.

Well, it's actually solvable. Of course it is quite difficult, such as the generation of tests, depending on the statistics of the account (time spent in the game). Yeah, we're getting off the subject.

So the Warframe Profile for Wisp came out, and I gotta say, her 3 looks better than I expected. It stuns enemies, and when an affected enemy is killed the damage they took travels to another enemy in the form of a small ball of light.

I'm glad her speed buff affects attack speed too, but I'm unsure if it affects fire rate and/or reload speed.

Also, it seems like the shock reservoir can electrocute enemies that come into range of it, if I saw correctly. Still useful for interception and defense

I'm a bit more hopeful for her. I hope her 3 can be cast while her 4 is active though...

So ,

as per

"

Breach Surge
Open a dimensional breach to overwhelm nearby enemies and cause them to release aggressive Surge sparks when damaged.

"

Sure all abilities are new but this one seems to have changed.

Definitely better than the earlier radial damage of the reservoirs , so a welcome addition.

but is it me or is it just sounding like a reversed smite of Oberon or rank 0 pax seeker arcane?

Smite is single target on cast but the projectile hits multiple enemies. Seeker targets 4 enemies for headshots if you land a headshot. 

This one (looks like) is an area cast but then projectiles target single enemies (at least as per the video).

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Pax seeker comparison added.

I honestly liked the original 3rd ability.  Seemed cool to not only have a buff, but a strategic defensive tool, as well!  I was looking forward to it.

The 4th ability I'm not a fan of.  It looks cool, just don't think it fits the theme.  Don't know why this went from a Wisp frame to a Portal frame all of a sudden.

Would have been cool to give her Revenant's original 4th, which was that mass sleep.  Feel like it would have fit the theme of Wisp better.  Could even give Sleeping enemies a radial "buff" to players, or something.  Or make THEM into explosives, like her 3rd was....

This frame was obviously designed around the booty, with abilities pulled right out of it. That's the theme.

I really wanted her to be a new stealth frame, but oh well I'll still give her a shot. 

Edited by SirTobe
  • Like 3

I don't have so much problem with her kit because she is not released yet. The major problem is the theme and her kit is totally not fit so she cannot be called wisp at all. She would have been delayed further so they could work on her abilities so they could make a better kit which resembles the ghost theme. 

This is at least what I think but maybe they could no have further idea how to make a ghost themed frame.  

These abilities could be good " still need play testing it " but these ideas all came from other frames kits and concepts frame ideas. So I would not rate if it is good change or not. 

The way it is worded by Lotus in the Profile, it's as though there is a CHANCE to shoot out a surge spark on every hit to the surged enemy. "Damage proportional to the damage received", implies a ratio or percentage of the damage you do to the surged enemy.

If Breach Surge creates surge sparks from ability damage, then there is natural synergy with Sol Gate already.

14 hours ago, EchoesOfRain said:

I gotta say, her 3 looks better than I expected.

Honestly, that was the best surprise of the profile.

It does say only a 'chance' for that to happen, but I'm guessing that's something you can mod. This might be another frame where 201% Strength might work very well for guaranteeing her special effects. A built in ability to transfer damage dealt to one enemy onto another, with a cast-stun, that sounds more useful than I was expecting.

I'm still skeptical that anyone who doesn't enjoy Volt's speed will enjoy Wisp's speed, but the CC aura might be functional (I really don't like the sound of 'charge up' though, that indicates specific delays between the shocks) and the Health aura comes with regen too, so that's something that will be a real buff to a lot of frames.

On the negative side again... they don't list the damage mitigation on the teleport, that may have been removed, and that's not something I want to lose.

But on the positive side, again, they also seem to have cleared up the clunky UI and deploy status of her 1 a little bit. Just three deployables, and the next cast replaces the previous at a new location. Works for me.

I'd say most of the skills fit the theme.

#1 definently does. We are talking about motes here. It cant get more wisp related than that.

#2 really has that distractive nature of a wisp and it builds well on the irratic movements of wisps through the teleport function.

#3 plays with the multidimensional, which also fits wisps since they tend to come from the spirit world.

#4 just feels appropriate in the warframe sense where many abilities tied to specific themes tend to be perverted, much like the look of frames. It is afterall a giant orb of light that "leads" "travelers" to their demise so to say.

• Like 8

Wisp makes no sense:
•Her kit doesn't fit her theme (for all i care, you could rename her to Blaze, and it still would make sense).

•Her abilities are pretty much horrible:
-Her passive makes no sense, i would very much prefer something that has to do with portals, like give her a super fast teleport when she dodges/bullet jumps, making her more mobile and fully immune to damage while performing those actions, instead of that pseudo invisibility nonsense.

-Her first ability, looks bad, works even worse, her giving away buffs is fine, but making them stationary? That's a horrible idea, plus DE really needs to implement an ability weel for such abilities so people don't have to click several times to rotate between desired effects; What i would like to see for her 1st ability is simple, give her a weel, and once she selects one, everyone in the area (including her) receives the desired buff (buffs have cooldowns), something similar to Trinity's bless, a fixed 50m buff, and then people can go do what they want.

-Her second ability is also horrible, the ghost is too slow for it to be of any practical use, the teleport and blind is also rather useless; What i would like to see is simple: keep the current function, but also add a secondary one, if you hold the ability button, allow Wisp to turn into that ''ghostly'' form (similar to what Wukong does, she would be able to fly as well), while in that form she would be immune to all damage, she would taunt all enemies in the area, and she would not be able to perform any actions while in that form, releasing/reactivating the ability would turn her back into her regular form and blind all enemies around.

-Her 4th is fine overall, i just hope this ability does 50% (the sun is extremely radioactive) radiation damage and 50% damage with 100% heat procs.

•Overall, her portal/Wispy theme is non existent, she uses no portals at all, and her 4th tooltip is just a fancy way to explain how she does it, but still, no portals.

•Final thoughts: even though i am truly disappointed on how lazy and poorly designed her kit is, her appearence is absolutely great, it's the best looking warframe for me, and i will play her, hopefully she won't be as bad as she was last shown on her release day (because if she gets released as she's now, then it will be years before DE does anything about her).

Edited by Nakrast
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

Wisp makes no sense:

I want to read your statement here, but the large censor-like blocks are making it a bit difficult. Not saying you have to change it....but just saying, you might get a few glance-past from folks who don't want to put the effort in.

(EDIT: Copy and Pasting into a word Doc just to read it.)

(EDIT 2: Glad I put the effort in. Some pretty good points throughout.)

Edited by Tangent-Valley

1 hour ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

it's the "pax seeker" arcane, for kitguns....mhe, i prefered the old 3.

The blue #1 is just the old #3

3 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Hu... Does Wisp has ANY synergy between the spells of her kit, now ?

Did she have any in the first place?

Edited by VentiGlondi

5 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

Did she have any in the first place?

As mentioned in OP, her 3 affected her 1. I understand they changed it though because an ability shouldn't be completely dependent on another to function, although the synergy itself was cool and useful if powerfull enough. But who knows, maybe the original concept is still there as a side-effect? Or maybe it'll return as an augment mod. 

Still not a fan of her 4... not pertinent at all with the rest of her kit or theme, would have been good as a weapon instead - think chargeable continuous fire opticor / demolition laser - the more you charge the more ammo burned, release the trigger and you get a Death Star (TM) laser of death lasting proportionally to the ammo used

• Like 1