ShikiRen

Wisp Review/Early feedback

5 hours ago, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

They are not good at all, they still need work

vauban? yes. i never said he was good. 

but hydroid is very much good. it has very high damage potential coupled with excellent cc. 

8 hours ago, Zeclem said:

vauban? yes. i never said he was good. 

but hydroid is very much good. it has very high damage potential coupled with excellent cc. 

Both Hydroid and vauban are in need of work

1 hour ago, (PS4)sonicizanagi said:

Both Hydroid and vauban are in need of work

yeah yeah whatever you say mate. 

Guys... whatever you do... don't equip the basic Edo chest plate on Wisp just yet...

It made me giggle like a child.

Spoiler

D7NNYwlWsAEMZEH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Not that having... uh... tassles is a bad thing. But I think it may be a bit much considering her other art... assets...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Guys... whatever you do... don't equip the basic Edo chest plate on Wisp just yet...

It made me giggle like a child.

Reveal hidden contents

D7NNYwlWsAEMZEH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Not that having... uh... tassles is a bad thing. But I think it may be a bit much considering her other art... assets...

I hate being at work. I so want to play this. 

• Upvote 1

On 2019-04-05 at 8:51 PM, Lance_Lionroar said:

First of all, addressing DE directly whilst posting in General Discussion (which they don't visit for feedback) is very smart on your part.

I'm sure that your condescending tone is very constructive and helpful too, assuming they ever read it. Well done.

This is warframe feedback not general discussions, unless it was ported away by a mod i think you are on the wrong page.

i dont see why reservoirs needed to have an ability wheel. at no point in time do i not want all 3 buffs. and putting them down is just....... id give sol gate the Ocucor function or make the ground fires larger and last longer. other than that i think shes great.

After the Wisp Warframe Profile and seeing some gameplay, I thought that I'd come back and give my two cents on her.

Portal theme is still really dumb. As Eklectus said above:

On 2019-05-20 at 9:14 AM, Eklectus said:

Summoning a plant and a deathray (Because it certainly isn't the sun. Opening a portal to the surface of the sun sounds utterly moronic and deadly to all parties involved.) isn't exactly very portal-themed, even if you say she uses portals to summon them. Nova literally summons a wormhole portal you can walk through. Limbo can shift between dimensions and has a kit centered entirely around tossing people between these two dimensions. That's portal themed. This? You could've just as easily said Oberon summons his magic grass through a portal and say he's "portal themed." Excalibur? Obviously he has a portal in his sleeve where he hides his sword. Boom! Portal themed frame! Ash teleports behind enemies to execute them, must be doing it through a portal!

The passive is still really nice.

Reservoirs (Shock) - Why? How exactly is this wisp/portal-like? There's already a fire theme going on too, so the electricity theme is a bit inconsistent. It just seems like a better Tesla, though it doesn't really synergize with the rest of her kit, seeing as this is one of the three stun abilities here.

Will-O-Wisp is actually pretty good, though I think that a little extra flavor can be added to tie in with the passive (more on that later).

Breach Surge - Damage version of Rift Surge lol (10/10 creativity)? It's pretty boring, and is another stun ability, so doesn't really contribute to the kit. The damage is nice enough, but we have Sol Gate... so...

Sol Gate - Fit better as an Ember ability than a Wisp one (there's a reason people are calling her better Ember). Sol Gate is another in the series of "drain-energy-to-drag-your-character-around-the-screen-with-damage-beam" abilities that DE seems to be pushing lately for some reason. Even with all the suggestions to make it different, "some devs are waiting for practical feedback", apparently, which wasn't a problem at all for Garuda or Revenant. We don't need four frames almost back-to-back with essentially the same fourth ability.

So, here's my proposed improvements and changes:

Spoiler

Reservoirs feels like something much more in-line with what Titania's Tribute should be. But perhaps we can make it more unique to Wisp. How about something like having the Reservoirs move around the field with Wisp or even move to teammates. Since Wisp is a movement based Frame, there is absolutely no reason to have stationary Reservoirs in which you have to slowly place a buff beacon and then pick it up. It's way to clunky. In fact-- if the Reservoirs were able to follow Wisp (like a mini version that cycles around her or something), how about only requiring teammates to come get the buffs where the ability was cast? The health buff seems out of place for such a meek Warframe, and the zapping effect doesn't really need to be there at all, as it's one of the three stunning abilities that Wisp has. Instead, I suggest replacing those with an evasion bonus or energy regen, as I think it fits the wisp theme much better. Alternatively, this ability could reward strategic placement of Reservoirs if it needs to remain a stationary ability. Including a portal when the ability timer ends would back the portal theme. Lets say that when the Reservoir timer ends, it tears a breach into space-time, allowing Wisp and allies (and their abilities?) to jump between two portals where the same buffs were.

Will-O-Wisp is pretty much perfect. However, I'd add in something to support Wisp's passive. Lets say that for every enemy Will-O-Wisp passes through, it adds time for Wisp to have decreased fall speed and increase aim-glide time.

Not exactly sure why DE felt we needed a third stunning ability on the same Warframe, but then Breach Surge happened. It blinds and damages, but nothing really else. It seemed clear that DE didn't even know what to make Wisp's third ability when they showed her off, so I think that this can be the ability where synergy is introduced. How about this (admittedly, this will make her a bit more straight-up ghost). Wisp opens dimensional breaches that suck in any nearby enemies below 25% health, instantly killing them, while leeching health off of enemies above that threshold. I didn't think it was entirely appropriate to have the health buff on Reservoirs, but it feels much more natural here. This ability will suck in any Motes on the field, allowing Wisp to redistribute them for half-energy (though the timer will still run down) and also increase the damage done by Wisp's fourth ability. This can be called Breach Shift or something.

Admittedly, I desperately want to get rid of Sol Gate, as it doesn't encompass a portal at all, and the only thing you can trace back to a Wisp is the fire, though that means you can argue Ember is a Wisp too. How about something more like this? Wisp opens a vast array of portals across a wise area, which bring in mini-wisps from the sun to damage and CC enemies. Enemies near portals below 40% health are instantly killed and sucked in.

It'd be great if DE at least saw this post. I hope further improvements can be made to Wisp.

• Upvote 1