Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

Well, Inaros 2 and 3 are debatable, you are right, but the concept of having only a big healthpool in combination with his ablities is miles ahead of what we ve recently got.

Nidus 4 may have limited range, yep, but his maggots can move ;)

His 3 has good range and is easily recastable without using energy.

7 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

ikr ; w ;

I used her 1 alot before as my ranged damage when I go full melee (before her re work) ; w ;

I loved using her 3 when surrounded for full melee. Paired with her 4 made for some fun kills. (pre rework) now she sits mostly on my shelf. Do I still like her, yes. Do I use her often... not really. Really thinking about it the only ember ability I never really enjoyed was her 2. the power boost didn't seam worth it to me when she it only lasted 30 seconds and cost the same as world on fire.

I love wisp design as a warframe, "the floating ghost" absolutely amazing but her kit doesn't match the greatness of her design, at all

imo all of her skills are 100% meh, except her ultimate which it's just ok.

Why the butt nerf? lol i could buy her just for that even with a bad skill kit

5 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

until I can see the buffs in action outside a dev build though I don't know if they need a boost, nerf or are fine as they are.

yeah, this is the first time ever seeing her abilities, but because you have to cycle through them and place then and pick them up is just too much to do for this game with how fast it is. i think they should be stronger or last forever instead of on a cooldown.

• Like 1

Maybe the Wisp "stations" she deploys with her one could attract enemies within a small radius, like Titania's lantern. That would help draw in enemies before they detonate with her #3. I actually absolutely love her kit, and her design is my favorite of nearly any Warframe thus far. great job, DE!

Edited by KaizergidorahXi

33 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

4. Ascension: Wisp goes into "Ascension" mode, that acts like Maim, AoE damage of Rad. While in this mode her powers cost a bit more Efficacy, but deal more damage and last longer. She is much faster in this form as well. 

4. Ghost Mode: Pretty much her passive is always on. She travels into the Wisp Wold (into a Portal), works like Limbo's rift, but can't bring anyone into it. However, she can pass into mobs, that will deal damage

I love these ideas for her 4! and I assume by more damage you also me stronger, because the healing and speed don't do damage unless you press your 3 from how I understand it. This is the best post talking about her so far!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mister_Sneeze said:

yeah, this is the first time ever seeing her abilities, but because you have to cycle through them and place then and pick them up is just too much to do for this game with how fast it is. i think they should be stronger or last forever instead of on a cooldown.

I wouldn't be against having the depositors be a permanent upon cast (with only X amount on  a map, with recasts removing the oldest one) but making the buffs permanent might be a bit much. I can see the value in making a player have to return to a depositor to get the buff again in the same manner as having to go to an ammo, health, energy restore.

I agree, Wisp is looking pretty rough. She's going to be absolutely useless in the current meta, and doesn't seem to be "endgame" viable as you said (no perma invis, no invuln, no 90% DR mechanic). Giving your team buffs is entirely pointless because no one needs buffs! The game has no challenging content to begin with, so we're wiping entire tilesets with single casts. What's Wisp gonna do here? Relative to A-tier frames, she will be trash.

yes, her 4 also makes no sense with the rest of her kit.

If the meta wasn't such garbage, and if her 4 made more sense, I would say she's a cool looking frame. There's a complete disconnect here between design and how the game actually plays. It's as if the people designing these frames don't play their own game! This has become painfully apparent with the last 3-4 new frames.

Edited by Ikyr0

This time last year folks were screaming for more Frames...

DE is back to pumping them out & as expected with more being rushed out...the weaker they are due to lack of focus/development on the kit.

I hate to admit it but...the folks saying she suffers from the same issues as Vauban...are correct.

The moment I saw Rebecca place a Wisp...thingy I cringed. It's hard enough to keep players inside a Snowglobe.

The #4 looks awesome I admit. The #3 is meh. Shame she looks so cool cause she'll be collecting Dust soon. =/

50 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Why you waste your time on me ? Dont you have a plushie to collect ?

Why do you assume all casuals do is conservation? I'm casual (have been for several years, if you'll observe the little gold star), but I rarely if ever do that. The game has plenty else for me to enjoy, and I for one am quite looking forward to trying out Wisp's powerset.

The power of the sun... in the palm of my hand.

Just now, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

I can see the value in making a player have to return to a depositor to get the buff again in the same manner as having to go to an ammo, health, energy restore.

but I see her being too much of a hassle to most pubs to even deal with. I would much rather have a frame that could clear a mission without having to stop what they're doing to pick a buff back up. it'll also feel crappy for the person giving the buffs to constantly chasing that player making sure that when the buff runs out that the next one is right next to them creating an annoying situation for the wisp player. i think she'll be just fine in defensive missions types but then again you can just run sayrn, or any other mass damage frames to clear the room and progress faster.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

This time last year folks were screaming for more Frames...

DE is back to pumping them out & as expected with more being rushed out...the weaker they are due to lack of focus/development on the kit.

I hate to admit it but...the folks saying she suffers from the same issues as Vauban...are correct.

The moment I saw Rebecca place a Wisp...thingy I cringed. It's hard enough to keep players inside a Snowglobe.

The #4 looks awesome I admit. The #3 is meh. Shame she looks so cool cause she'll be collecting Dust soon. =/

this is what happens when you cater to a bunch of nubs. "DE CAN I HAS MORE FRAHMES?" sure, here you go. pay meh. *distributes half-baked content*

entirely useless in the current meta. put to shame by A-tier frames. she has no purpose. game designers aren't playing their own game. this is seen with the last 4 new frames.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SRBvuk22 said:

After watching devstream l was in shock of what l saw.Wisp looks awful in every sense of the word.

That's a shame because I enjoyed what I saw.

First ability is deployable buff that requires players to pick it up.There are few problems in that, first in most non premade games people will just ignore it, second in order for this to be even usable buffs need to be supper high, as far as it's revealed in devstream buffs are too week.

Ok but how bout you just use them yourself? Not everyone needs to benefit from trins healing to be useful, she can just straight murder things while being practically immortal. 

Second ability is moving decoy/teleport, this ability is just useless and it does not belong in warframe, moving speed of projectile wisp is too slow and duration of decoy is insanely low.Why add slow moving teleport if we can cross entire map with bullet jumps in matter of seconds? This ability needs to be removed.

How is aggro drop and mobility a bad thing? It even stuns targets on teleport so that you can mop up whatever is blinded. Are we to say that swap teleport is a bad ability? How bout wormhole? How bout just all mobility skills? You're overreacting. 

Third ability is just boring, it could be useful if it deals good damage but otherwise it's just boring ability.

"This ability is boring because it is" gee, I suppose we can call other abilities that don't have the fat effects that aren't murder everything in the room also boring. You haven't even seen the damage, and in the next line you say that her 4 is just going to be press 4 to win anyhow, why would you complain that this needs damage if you don't want- christ it's hurting my head. 

Forth ability is just press2win,even worst than revenent, as his other abilities were at least decent.If this ability does a lot of damage it could be useful in boss fights, but l hope they change it.

Rev was press 4 to kill everything on the floor. What exactly is wrong with frames having an ult that does damage if their kit doesn't have much of it? Not everything can be a magical glittery rainbow of intense puzzle chess mechanics darling, suck it up and just enjoy the energy beams. 

l hope they change her entire kit, otherwise l doubt I will play her that often

FTFY. 

I on the other hand will definitely play her. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)thecoolman575 said:

Bruh those corrupted nullifiers on mot will one shot me at level 40 and you have to roll to dodge them really

thats what i mean like why would you stand still if you know enemies will do high damage if you do. though i shoulda said what i meant better tbh. 

When they showed her, giving a tip with her passive, my first impression was that she would be a more stealth/agility base frame.
I like her 2, wish it was a little faster, but her 1 and 3 kinda contradict her playstyle, they are cool but I guess it only shines on defense/interception.
If she only stay invisible in the air, how can you use effectively as a stealth frame? Seems quite pointless.
Idk, she looks like a hybrid between Loki, Octavia and Nyx with a random sun in her butt. She is all over the place.

The 4 is cool looking but, what it have to do with wisps?

Edited by CrazyDarkSonic
  • Like 2

I'm... really starting to think they might just have different teams entirely in charge of mechanical kit design and appearance/theme, and just mash two things together at random. First the buff woman with absolutely nothing in her kit relating in any way to strength and instead entirely being about non-biological defenses, and now the ghost frame with... giga sun beam??

Still, I'll try her out. It's certainly cool as hell to portal to the sun, though her other abilities sound a bit sketchy. We'll see.

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

And that's useful where exactly? Everything in normal gameplay (up to sortie 3) dies in one hit without any buffs, so just cause the numbers are higher doesn't mean the ability is of any use, when with or without it they still die in one hit. So with that in mind, I'd have preferred to see them ripped to shreds, cause that's more entertaining than a bigger number behind the scenes.

Endurance runs.

Also no, the impact damage of her 1 makes it ineffective against armor and the higher the enemy level the higher the armor so higher the damage resistance. Sortie level armored enemies will require a significant amount of damage from her 1. So having a slash proc that completely bypasses that armor is very helpful.

I was sad to see the blender mode be replaced too, but the functionality of her current 4 is more than enough compensation for an ability where the only thing we knew about it was “AOE Damage”