Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the point of existance of official Warframe Discord server?

SonicSonedit

So, about discord.gg/playwarframe, here are the channels:

XtjSdrc.png

You may think that First 5 are read0only and others are chat channels. But no. They ALL are read-only. Even player-helping-players. I kind expected that in players-helping-players TEXT CHAT CHANNEL you could chat with other Tenno, helping them out and asking some info. But no, it's a chat where bot drops links to random forum threads from Players Helping Players subforum. Like really? How out of touch is this? 

Discord is supposed to be a place with live communcation, not static, dead channels where only mods post something. This is not twitter or RSS, this a live communication platform - and it got so extremely popular because it is.

You know how proper official discord game servers look like? They have matchmaking chat (several usually), trading chats (sometimes several), bots that player can use (for example https://discordbots.org/bot/genesis), channels where people gather to play (both text and voice channels), channels for memes where people post some fan content, channels for offtopic talk, channels where people discuss latest updates, etc etc.

You can argue that this all already exists in game... but the thing is... if in-game chats where good enough, people would never care about discord in the first place. So no, this argument is invalid, simple because Warframe in-game chat is lets be honest - a pretty limited communcation platform.

Discord is a platform where it is all about communcation. Official Warframe Discord server, as it is now, is absolutely useless as communcation platform, because there is no commucation whatsoever.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SonicSonedit said:

Yep, therefore server is basically dead/useless.

Is there something about "soft-launch" you don't understand?

Obviously they are still preparing, organizing, experimenting, or whatever, while users join in. Chats will open whenever they are ready for it. Just chill.

• Like 10

they already have another Warframe discord already where general discussion, off topic, builds, hunting, fashion, help, bugs, and creative channels that anyone can msg into plus several chat relays several ppl in are just chatting in right now.  I think this is a new one they are just trying to set up.

8 minutes ago, SirTobe said:

IObviously they are still preparing, organizing, experimenting, or whatever, while users join in. Chats will open whenever they are ready for it. Just chill.

Why did they post a chat invite then? They should just keep server private until it's ready.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SonicSonedit said:

Why did they post a chat invite then? They should just keep server private until it's ready.

Because it allows us to see what gets added or suggested to be added? Seriously, it's a soft launch. No reason to get worked up over it.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Because it allows us to see what gets added or suggested to be added? Seriously, it's a soft launch. No reason to get worked up over it.

Well, here is my feedback then. I surely hope we get an open communcation platform with decent amount of text channels and not a stale, dead chat.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SutomuDrgn said:

they already have another Warframe discord already where general discussion, off topic, builds, hunting, fashion, help, bugs, and creative channels that anyone can msg into plus several chat relays several ppl in are just chatting in right now.  I think this is a new one they are just trying to set up.

The thing with that server is it isn't DE made. It was made by a player named tobiah. I think DE is trying to create their own DE ran server. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Seahawk said:

The thing with that server is it isn't DE made. It was made by a player named tobiah. I think DE is trying to create their own DE ran server. 

Tbf. It's a really well made server in comparison. Build chats, timers for stuff like day night cycles, fissures etc. I doubt de can match it honestly. 

8 hours ago, stormy505 said:

Tbf. It's a really well made server in comparison. Build chats, timers for stuff like day night cycles, fissures etc. I doubt de can match it honestly. 

True, but the server itself has some shady stuff going on in it. So that may be one of the reasons DE made the new one

On 2019-04-07 at 8:31 AM, SonicSonedit said:

"A soft launch, also known as a soft opening, is a preview release of a product or service to a limited audience prior to the general public. Soft-launching a product is sometimes used to gather data or feedback regarding its acceptance in the marketplace, prior to making it widely available during an official release or grand opening. A company may also choose a soft launch to test the functionality of a product, allowing adjustments to be made before a wider release and marketingefforts are implemented."

Googled it for you. Idk why you're so angry when they clearly said the invites were for a soft launch.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-08 at 9:50 AM, (NSW)Lunavay said:

What kind of shady stuff? It's always to get the information out and let the users judge for themselves.

I'm curious, too. I run the place, and the shadiest thing is a patreon for keeping the bots running cause I ain't made of money :D (oh, with a public budget spreadsheet)

5 minutes ago, Tobiah said:

I'm curious, too. I run the place, and the shadiest thing is a patreon for keeping the bots running cause I ain't made of money 😄 (oh, with a public budget spreadsheet)

I'm guessing he's talking about the whole moderator corruption and power abuse drama that happened? the thing Rahetalius did a 30-minute video on.

Though I don't recall that stuff involving the discord at all.

Yeah, he mentioned us in the vid. Not really gonna expound on it, but most of it was lack of understanding how discord bots work (they need user messages to respond to user messages) and internal team stuff on the server.

• Like 1