The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Concerns

Monad0ny

7 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Fairly sure that you need the clan in order to make it as well. As I mentioned earlier, it was one of the first bits of info revealed about it around the first reveal.

Well, I know you need a clan to manufacture parts, similar to Archwing. However, like Archwing, we might get a free, "stock" Railjack without a Clan. We'll have to see.

Just now, Kerberos-3 said:

Well, I know you need a clan to manufacture parts, similar to Archwing. However, like Archwing, we might get a free, "stock" Railjack without a Clan. We'll have to see.

Yeah it is possible, but yeah at the moment we can only wait and see until we get more info on this, either way already have saved up a spot for the space dock for it in my clan's dojo.

Initial acquisition will almost certainly be via a quest due mostly to how significant it is, and most things with such significance have a quest attached - like Operator Mode having TWW, Free Roam having Saya's Vigil and Vox Solaris, and Clem having 'A Man of Few Words'. Either the New War or, if they separate the two, that Ordis quest Steve teased alongside the initial tease for Chimera. Railjack IS a new ship, so a new body for Ordis to inhabit as a ship's AI.

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Initial acquisition will almost certainly be via a quest due mostly to how significant it is, and most things with such significance have a quest attached - like Operator Mode having TWW, Free Roam having Saya's Vigil and Vox Solaris, and Clem having 'A Man of Few Words'. Either the New War or, if they separate the two, that Ordis quest Steve teased alongside the initial tease for Chimera. Railjack IS a new ship, so a new body for Ordis to inhabit as a ship's AI.

it's likely the New War will cover this

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

it's likely the New War will cover this

I know that it's been cited as the ideal, what they're aiming towards, I'm just saying that if they do wind up separating them, the Ordis quest would be a good fit.

21 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I know that it's been cited as the ideal, what they're aiming towards, I'm just saying that if they do wind up separating them, the Ordis quest would be a good fit.

Indeed

My only hope/concerns are that Arcwing is made even worse then it is now, I truly just hope they remove Arcwing as a whole and make them into a Transport Vehicle like K-Drives are. No, No mission nodes No upgrading Arcwing powers or mods, same for weapons etc. 

If Arcwiings act like "Wings" that are useable in open missions (PoE/Orb Vails) and places like the new Gas City, where it has big open spaces, then that will be ideal. All the wings do is add more HP/Sheilds/Armor Valves and make you be able to travel around faster around the maps. Arcwing weapons are now "Heavy Weapons" like they are now.

My concerns are that if its connected to the 'New War' in anyway, it may take longer to drop. Also, if it isn't fully integrated in to the entire game, it will probably just dead as a game mode. What I mean by integration is have it connected to void missions and sorties, as this is something they didn't do with archwing.

7 minutes ago, TheMuslimGamerGB said:

My concerns are that if its connected to the 'New War' in anyway, it may take longer to drop. Also, if it isn't fully integrated in to the entire game, it will probably just dead as a game mode. What I mean by integration is have it connected to void missions and sorties, as this is something they didn't do with archwing.

As far as we know, Railjack will be targeted to come after the New War. 

So if there's new mechanics, it makes sense to introduce them there, or in a Tactical Alert. Something like that

One thing is for sure, by the time you've got it "mastered" and get to use all the fun mods, you'll be sick to death of doing it. In other words, DE have learned nothing and stick to the same grindy formula that they think makes people spend plat.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

One thing is for sure, by the time you've got it "mastered" and get to use all the fun mods, you'll be sick to death of doing it. In other words, DE have learned nothing and stick to the same grindy formula that they think makes people spend plat.

Well obviously if they still do it it works right?

Despite all our outcry during Hema's release, they probably found it financially justifiable. 

Besides, it isn't like you can't earn plat passively anyways. Did that for Baruuk and Hildryn cause I couldn't be arsed. Fastest way to get new items too anyway, so that works out. 

34 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

I totally agree with you.

Upon the release of PoE I farmed it straight for a month and maxed out quills etc. After that I hated it and only found myself going there once every three months. If I had rivens for the Plains I would just wait for them to pile up and then tactical them all at once.

Il y a 16 heures, Paradoxity a dit :

Oh, I absolutely would, if it were my clan. Alas, it's not, and I haven't copped a promotion past "New guy" in... However long clans have been in the game for. (Long story)

Honestly it's not a gigantic deal right now either way to me, since all it really matters for is event trophies, and I'm ambivalent on those. But if railjack cost scales off clan tier, it's gonna be an issue, and the sooner I can get my own Dojo and Clan off  the ground, the better.  

If the clan master is inactive since too long, you can contact support and ask them to transfer the clan ownership.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Ambitious project scrapped thanks to players which are making from this MMO Co-Op game singleplayer.

This game isnt near an MMO. It is a co-op multiplayer looter shooter. 4 player instanced missions in a non-persistant environment is about as far from an MMO you can get. Also it is all based on peer to peer connections, which means the server structure for an MMO isnt there either.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Showerwalker said:

I just hope they don't make it mandatory for everything to the point just repulsive, it's a good way to ruin good content.

If Steve is being serious about it being a change to the way we navigate the star chart, it's going to be part of every single thing we do. 

On 2019-04-07 at 12:33 PM, o0Despair0o said:

I say it'll be locked behind advanced clans and ridiculous grind.

I doubt that it will be to bad even in a mountain clan I, a lone, tenno can often solo research Items not named heama.  I feel that it will be a significant grind but doable if you are in a clan with 10% active members Ie.  

27 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

This game isnt near an MMO. It is a co-op multiplayer looter shooter. 4 player instanced missions in a non-persistant environment is about as far from an MMO you can get. Also it is all based on peer to peer connections, which means the server structure for an MMO isnt there either.

this game has the trading and economy associated with such games the P to P is a direct result of their lack of resources on launch.  

4 hours ago, TheMuslimGamerGB said:

I totally agree with you.

Upon the release of PoE I farmed it straight for a month and maxed out quills etc. After that I hated it and only found myself going there once every three months. If I had rivens for the Plains I would just wait for them to pile up and then tactical them all at once.

this says more about your play style than POE.  personlay I would Like to do more missions in the plais but I need stuff that can only be ground in OV, ESO, and other less free form nodes.  the plains and to a lesser extent OV let me use different play styles and weapons that are effective in the rest of the star chart.  

33 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Massively multiplayer online, you by yourself used 1 word from it and P2P can’t be played offline, nvm, doesn’t change the fact that Solo players absolutely trivialized this game.

4 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

this game has the trading and economy associated with such games the P to P is a direct result of their lack of resources on launch.  

That has jack and squat to do with MMO though. There are/have been non MMOs with those systems just as there are MMOs without them.

PoE isnt an MMO, it has trading and economy. D3 isnt an MMO, it had an AH even.

Simply put, neither the world or server structure is there to classify the game as anything but a multiplayer co-op game. It will never be an MMO, not even if DE decided to host it all on their own servers. The interactions and persistance of the world/servers just wouldnt be there anyway. Those are the two major foundations of any MMO.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Massively multiplayer online, you by yourself used 1 word from it and P2P can’t be played offline, nvm, doesn’t change the fact that Solo players absolutely trivialized this game.

Being always online isnt what defines an MMO. Several single player games require constant connection to specific game servers. There is no part that covers massively in WF. Having a huge playerbase simply isnt enough.

No one calls PUBG, Fortnite, Overwatch, Diablo 3, Battlefield, CoD or similar MMOs. They are all just multiplayer games with large playerbases.

MMOs are games like WoW, ESO, Albion Online, Black Desert, SWToR, Rift, Tera, Guild Wars 2 where hundreds or thousands of players can interact with eachother within the game world/server at any given time. Here we can interact with up to 3 other players at a time, on servers hosted by one of those 4 players. It doesnt even get to the point where it would be viable to call it a "shared world" game similar to Anthem or Secret World Legends.

Edited by SneakyErvin

I really hope that smaller clans Don't get left out of doing railjack or have to join alliances to do it.

I run a rank 10 shadow clan for years and have around 22 players and don't see the benefits to making my clan bigger if everything will cost more and i'll have to double down on recruiting to have more people join to balance out resources for research. I've also kept my clan away from alliances because i just don't see what we could gain from it honestly.

Edited by (PS4)SlyFox5679