Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm satisfied with Warframe

JackHargreav

If I wasn't satisfied with Warframe as a product I wouldn't play it.

Any criticism I have is usually because of continued neglect or failure to learn from mistakes. In my 6 years of playing Warframe I've watched DE take two steps forward then one step back on a pretty consistent basis. Sometimes even 2 forward and 2 back with completely failed concepts (Solar Rails / Dark Sectors).

As a contrary to comparisons of old days. The movement was more constricted but that also meant your movement made more impact. I also recall having to aim and head-shot enemies or waste a ton of ammo and regulate my Energy management. Point is, we've gained as we've lost and by this I see the same mistakes being made or never fixed with some going years in length and there's no longer much excuse for it. This isn't a 15k pop game anymore with 50 employees.

It's less about Warframe being a satisfactory produce and more about it's underwhelmed potential.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That's pretty much the idea for me, sadly things like this commonly get ignored over...things like whatever back and forth argument is going on in this thread.

Why people don't just not respond to people who clearly won't or don't want to listen will never make sense to me, irreconcilable differences aren't worth arguing over since neither party will ever change the other's mind and it just devolves into a shouting contest over who's "right" in the situation.

As a result the entire meaning of this thread is being slowly derailed as we speak (type?) and that's part of the problem on this forum as a whole.

Ah, the universal Online Community debacle. I'm not sure why either, but sometimes I'm just oddly compelled to defend myself tooth and nail. It's a hard instinct to fight sometimes!

I guess that's just what happens when you have so, so, sooooo many users. I'm sure there's full papers on this sort of social phenomenon, but I'm no expert, so I wouldn't know for sure the whole social science of this. We all enjoy games differently, and sometimes things aren't enjoyable for us based on how we enjoy them. Warframe evidently is trying hard to make things appeal to everyone, but with so many people, that's going to be hard and with a lot of mistakes. In the meantime, I do really appreciate their effort to give this a shot, especially with the userbase in the millions. And I'm just a wussy guy who likes to be nice more than he should, and was happy that a few thought that some positivity could do this place some good, even if it was a little bit. 😛

Things involving so many people are clearly super-complicated issues that have a lot of painful nuance! But I guess that's what makes them important to puzzle out, huh?

You can be satisfied. DE deserves a pat on the back for making a sublime F2P game. It's extremely buggy but the things they got right, and the potential of the game as a whole, is enough to ignore the bad stuff.

Melee 2.999999~ is too bad to ignore. Sorry. Removal of standard "blockglide" throws out the entire book of mid-air melee techniques. They're going to replace it with suspended mid-air combos or something? Sounds less efficient, slower, and overly flashy. I keep seeing DMC referenced as some sort of inspiration for the new melee direction. Any variance of DMC is vastly inferior to the system that was already in place. More particles and more of my frame doing things automatically for me is the OPPOSITE of what I want. I want clean, precise, *total* control. Blockglide gave me exactly that.

Know what feels good? Bullet jumping up, Blockgliding, CTRL + LMB to slide attack Ospreys out of the air. Or headshot my target and 1shot them. RMB is my "control" and "cancel" button, I use it constantly to move and adjust my frame. And it feels awesome, especially with a melee weapon because it's not zooming my FoV awkwardly back and forth. RMB has no business swapping my weapons around.

For the love of God stop catering to the lowest common denominator, and don't fix things that aren't broken! I barely play anymore, and when I do, it's melee-only loadout for m'parkour and m'mechanics.

EDIT: And to anyone who thinks I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll happily school you in a race anytime. I'll use nothing but my Valkyr P and Lightning Dash.

Edited by Ofeban

I feel like DE is on fire (and under fire) this year. I'm one of the people that like the changes. I took a break for about a year but checked regularly for announcements. I came back right before Fortuna launched to get caught up on The Sacrifice. As someone who lost interest in Warframe, I'm loving the current pacing and am impressed by how much content DE has pumped into the game so far this year such as Melee 2.9, Hildryn, Exploiter, Ephimeras, Nightwave, PoE visual update, PoE QOL changes such as economy and konzu tent. Even the little things that get swept under the radar like Air/Ground casting changes, weapons with special bonuses when paired with their corresponding Frames, etc. I'm just so happy that they are going back and improving old systems and areas, while also releasing new content and frames. Nothing tickles me more than some good Quality of Life updates 😄

I know that all of these changes aren't without their bugs and flaws, but honestly, I'm just enjoying the game right now. The game feels more alive and all the extra activity has me excited about playing. I do hope that they can maintain this pacing of content, but still take in feedback and fix bugs for those who are left feeling frustrated. I can't wait to see what they do with the rest of the year.

Edited by IntheCoconut
  • Like 2

Well said OP. Look, I wouldn't have played through 6 anniversaries if the game was anything less then spectacular. Many people, myself included, tend to use the forums to describe their concerns with the game. It kind of feels natural, because given the choice between complaining about the farm on the forums, or playing the farm, I usually pick the latter. Significantly more entertaining and that's what we are here for. There are many systems in this game, like the aforementioned melee system, that could use some work to feel "modern", but many don't even know the feeling of limited daily revivals, of no trade system, of a text based starmap. This game every years steps forward, and it is the fact that it has stood the test of time that there are archaic systems embedded. They are by no measure of the imagination permanent, melee has been redone once before, twice if you consider the damage changes that caused weapons like ether daggers to go from S-tier to useless. Most times it adds a new engaging layer to the game. Whenever I have criticism for the design team it is because they themselves set the bar, and they set it high.

6 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

There are so many negative threads I just had to make this one.

Warframe changed a lot. And improved a lot. I could write a really long list about all the changes since it's release. How different damage worked back then, how awful the parkour system was (Do you remember that one grineer vent that was nightmare to get up to?), how useless melee was (Except for movement. I'm thinking about coptering.). The list just goes on. 

Right now we have a lot more. We got new tilesets (and tileset parts). The open world areas are so nice to just go around and appreciate how beautiful they are. I like to just go and take a walk on the Plains or in Vallis. Or just K-driving around in them. Just chilling. They also pack a variety of missions instead of just having one type. Mixing thing up.

I like the melee system we have. It's nice and fluid for the most part. (And DE is planning on improving it.) The weapon designs, the warframe designs, the deluxe skins are really #*!%ing nice too. I could go on forever about all the good things about the game. Warframe is the best free to play game imo. Sure it's grindy sometimes (Very Grindy), sure it has some problems (balancing and scaling issues for example) but the game improved so much I can't really be mad at it. Overall this game beats most pay to play games out there. Both in content and fairness.

I know many ppl don't like change but I'm fine with it. I can always just adapt to the new "meta" since the game is fun for the most part.

Edit: I should explain this because many ppl took my intentions in the wrong way. I DO NOT think that only praises should be on the forums and everywhere else. Criticism and feedback IS important. However sometimes It feels good to chill out a little bit, and appreciate what we have.

Thank you for your down to earth thank you thread. It's a good change of pace to what I keep noticing with the vocally negative minority having a go constantly. (Majority?) I agree the game is great. I think, all they need is a hard and good bug and refinement crackdown pass once they get a solid amount of their planned content out. Sure they say that content keeps people interested. but so does an invested interest in what already exists. Warframe's been one of the only things I've been playing for the last several months and I've made a hefty amount of progress from what I once had when I played back in the days when loki was a starter frame and then left and came back only towards the end of last year to a tutorial cinematic quest and a brand new look and everything. It's a shame to see it flooded with negativity when theres some much to appreciate. Like quest moments full of ninjas cutting onions every time. :')

Edited by Darkmega18
  • Like 2

Thread cleaned.

Negative feedback (constructive feedback that points out problems and proposes ways to fix it in a civil and respectful manner) is all well and good for the game's development...

But positive feedback (saying what you enjoy, what you think works well, etc) is also good and important--it lets the developers know what they're doing right.

Saying that only one should exist and that the other shouldn't ever be given (i.e. "Users should only ever say negative things and should never 'ever' give any form of praise as long as there's anything that I, user A dislikes" or "We should silence all the negative feedback and leave only the positive!") is an extremely toxic mindset. 

Both forms of feedback are good. Both have merit and ought to be provided. However going on a crusade against positive feedback by derailing positive feedback threads is not only uncool, it violates the code of conduct for the forums (specifically regarding derailing threads and posting off-topic comments). If you're in a thread that's focusing on positive feedback, you should provide positive feedback. If all you have is negative feedback, you should post it in its own separate feedback thread (or a thread for that specific type of feedback if such a thread already exists). 

• Like 1

Aha, things seem to be evening out now, thank goodness. Maybe this thread will live to see another sunrise after all, hooray 😄

Thanks everyone for adding a bit of their own positive input! It's very nice to see others on this upbeat front, too. It makes me very happy to hear that there's nice folks out there among the WF community too. I can't converse true honesty that well through text, but thank you tons for lifting some spirits! At least mine, anyway! I'll definitely be with you in experiencing and enjoying this game as it evolves for years to come...! And I most certainly agree with a lot of your takes, there's a lot of things to seriously enjoy while things steadily improve. 

43 minutes ago, F8ted said:

It kind of feels natural, because given the choice between complaining about the farm on the forums, or playing the farm, I usually pick the latter.

Honestly, you make a solid point that I didn't really think about until now. It may be just that stress (and rage) is prevalent here because those that are content with things generally tend to engage in it and not say anything while those upset about it make a lot of noise about their qualms with it. Negativity generally tends to be louder and more noticeable in any space... That is something to consider! It may just be part of the Warframe social ecosystem, or however it might be called.

57 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

I don't care what anyone thinks of this frame. Hildryn is a breath of fresh air. 

Gotta' admit, she adds a nice change to the game. I was wondering if we'd be getting a shield-based equivalent of Inaros or Nidus, and here we are!  Her hover ability is definitely unique, and yes, ABS. Just took some time and the right playstyles for people to figure her out and work her into the immortal barrier of CC magic she was designed to be. Pretty sure Wisp will follow the same path too, that teleport seems like it can be pretty effective with the right tinkering from the modding experts. 😄 And who can say no to a portal linked directly into the heart of the sun?!

[EDIT: Whoo boy. I thought something was fishy when it wouldn't let me post! Thanks mods, for your continued hard work and polishing this place up real nice. Hopefully we won't have to call for your help again.💦Keep up the good work, Green-Badge brandishing folk!]

12 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

If you're in a thread that's focusing on positive feedback, you should provide positive feedback. If all you have is negative feedback, you should post it in its own separate feedback thread (or a thread for that specific type of feedback if such a thread already exists). 

Can you provide a bit more clarity on this? If someone makes a thread “I like Nightwave because of X, Y, Z”, another user cannot or should not post in that thread “I dislike Nightwave because of A, B, C”? Is this also the case with threads focusing on more negative feedback (that positive feedback should not derail them)? I’m not trying to witch-hunt or call you out, just genuinely want to know the rules of decorum here. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)nekokujo said:

Can you provide a bit more clarity on this? If someone makes a thread “I like Nightwave because of X, Y, Z”, another user cannot or should not post in that thread “I dislike Nightwave because of A, B, C”? Is this also the case with threads focusing on more negative feedback (that positive feedback should not derail them)? I’m not trying to witch-hunt or call you out, just genuinely want to know the rules of decorum here. 

Given that there's a lot of "Nightwave is not so good" feedback threads, it would be more appropriate to post negative feedback in threads focusing on negative feedback about the same thing. Or if no such thread exists, to create one. 

That isn't to say that users can't post something like "I do like parts A and B, but I really dislike parts C and D and I think they need to be changed/improved/etc" 

But going into a thread based around positive feedback and derailing it with things like "Your positive feedback is meaningless, everything that's being done is trash, you should only be posting negative criticisms because that's the only way the developers will learn" is not okay. Attacking others and calling their feedback invalid or worthless is disrespectful and abusive.

Disagreements are fine too, as is debate. Disagreements and debate that result in abusive behavior towards other users or the developers, however, is not fine. 

5 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Given that there's a lot of "Nightwave is not so good" feedback threads, it would be more appropriate to post negative feedback in threads focusing on negative feedback about the same thing. Or if no such thread exists, to create one. 

That isn't to say that users can't post something like "I do like parts A and B, but I really dislike parts C and D and I think they need to be changed/improved/etc" 

But going into a thread based around positive feedback and derailing it with things like "Your positive feedback is meaningless, everything that's being done is trash, you should only be posting negative criticisms because that's the only way the developers will learn" is not okay. Attacking others and calling their feedback invalid or worthless is disrespectful and abusive.

Disagreements are fine too, as is debate. Disagreements and debate that result in abusive behavior towards other users or the developers, however, is not fine. 

OK, thanks for the clarification. I didn’t actually see the discussion that got the thread locked in the first place, but I can imagine lol. I’d like to think that my own criticisms are more of the “I do like parts A and B, but I really dislike parts C and D and I think they need to be changed/improved/etc" variety. 

As for Warframe, even if I dislike some recent changes, I’m glad that they’re actively adding to and iterating on the game and not letting things stagnate.

• Like 1

I've never found a video game which didn't have flaws, and Warframe is no different. I have something like 1200 hours in it at this point I'm still finding things to do, but I'm still equally finding things to dislike or avoid. With a game as large as this, I don't think there exists a single person who likes literally everything. For every player, there's going to be something they hate, something they avoid or something they'd like changed. That's part of the reason you see so much backlash against Nightwave, in fact. It's a system which attempts to coerce all of the players to do all of the things, thereby ensuring we all end up doing things we'd rather avoid at least some of the time. As with all things, it's complicated and best done in moderation.

A primary reason you see as much strife on the forums as you do, however, is far too many people see video game preferences as a binary choice. You either like the game or hate the game. All of it, all the way. Say you dislike Sanctuary Onslaught and talk about it, you may get told to just go and find another game because clearly you hate Warframe. After all, it's a grind game that's all about grinding, and ESO is easy grinding, so if you don't like grinding then you clearly don't like Grindframe. Grinding grinding grinding. I've had that happen to me. In truth, though, that's just one aspect of a much larger experience that you might have many other reasons to like besides.

In general, though, you're always going to see a lot more negativity on the forums than positivity, for the same reason that "angry critics" are a genre on YouTube. Happy players spend a lot of time playing the game and generally don't have a lot to say about it. Unhappy players spend a lot of time either lashing back at the game or brainstorming ways to change it. The latter end up being far more active, even if they're not proportionately representative. Well, and then there are people like me, sitting at work killing time because my students didn't show up for classes...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I have something like 1200 hours in it at this point I'm still finding things to do, but I'm still equally finding things to dislike or avoid.

Hek, I'm at 2.5k+ and I still have my daily stuff to do, as well as grab stuff I don't have yet, such as the last Fortuna Arcanes. And I play pretty much everyday for some hours. It's all about choosing our path. And when I'm done with my daily stuff I just hop onto another game, do any house tasks left, extra work, hiking, whatever I still have/want to do with my life. That's the joy of life imo.

• Like 1

I gotta say, if I am extremely dissatisfied with the game but still come back to play anyway, the game must be pretty special at what it does. And yes, I am very dissatisfied yet I still spend money and play. Wonder why I am hurting myself like that.

Yes, I hate Warframe's current build but still play anyway, because reasons.

I had taken a Warframe hiatus like 4 months ago- I hadn't played in well over 6+ months. I played Hitman 1-free on PS4 a few months ago, completed it got all the DLCs. I then purchased Hitman 2, played the fist Hitman mission (beautiful game BTW) then I decided to dust off Warframe - I haven't gone back to any other game. I may have played  Madden a few times since then but thats Madden ...anyway I digress, Warframe is a FTP that I enjoy to give $$ to because its worth the investment!  

Edited by (PS4)jamdjedi