Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High MR people

SemperAdMeliora

What's the deal with high MR people constantly insulting others for giving advice, but being a low MR?

Higher MR doesn't always mean more knowledge, they could just be sitting leveling gear and getting rid of it.

Are all of them like this? I'm fairly new and honestly I was afraid to ask :'D

Edit: Fixed wording.

Edited by QueenCarnage
  • Like 4

Elitist pricks aim to get to high MR to justify their behavior and show off their epeen. But it doesn't mean there's no high MR players that are chill. It's just an easy to get progression badge. Most don't care about it.

Edited by zoffmode

6 minutes ago, QueenCarnage said:

What's the deal with MR24-27 people constantly insulting people for giving advice, but being a low MR?

Higher MR doesn't always mean more knowledge, they could just be sitting leveling gear and getting rid of it.

I’m just a grinder who likes the combat.  I have a bit of Lenticular knowledge on weapons and frames based on the hours I’ve put in, but what I know hardly makes me an authority on the game or give me dominion over players with less time invested.

I do help, though.

These people are in every single game of the world. And yes they are just plain A******. And no, it is not a generality.

Sadly, sometimes, in your squad, you'll have Mr-Ass with you yelling at you over nothing.

Edited by Skyeril

4 minutes ago, Sxriiin said:

no. not every high MR person is like that.

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

No we're not all like that. I personally try help as best I can. 

I think most high level players are just annoyed at different stuff in the game and take it out on newer players 

1 minute ago, zoffmode said:

Elitist A******s aim to get to high MR to justify their behavior and show off their epeen. But it doesn't mean there's no high MR players that aren't A******s. 

Thank you for letting me know. I am in love with WF, but mean communities really scare me! Thanks again for taking your time to let me know, have a great day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)BURALEH said:

I always help newbies but there are some xxxx that are like that, I also play on Switch but only Mr 7 and I still get that also even though I'm MR25 on PS4.

So please don't put us all in the same pot.

Wasnt trying to discriminate, I am sorry, I was just curious since the majority of the ones I've encountered are generally distasteful to be around.

9 minutes ago, QueenCarnage said:

Are all of them like this?

no, some of us are antisocial AF and just avoid most chats altogether. or maybe that's just me. if people reach out, i'll try to help them as best as I can, but i also believe that people should at least try to learn some thigns for themselves. I've seen players who have everything handed to them; they don't usually last that long once the handouts stop. my friends say I know more than them about Warframe, but I'm sure there's plenty people out there which know more than me. I'm under no illusion of being a know-it-all, I probably score below average in terms of Lore Knowledge for a start..

Just now, QueenCarnage said:

Wasnt trying to discriminate, I am sorry, I was just curious since the majority of the ones I've encountered are generally distasteful to be around.

I understand. it's very easy to paint us all as toxic if toxicity is all you see, but there are decent people out here with High MRs. just maybe a little harder to come across than they should be.

• Like 5

Anyone who is insulting people over their MR are just pathetic excuses of a human being.

The only thing I really see with MR is that if a person is <MR6 they are MOST LIKELY a relatively new player, so I tend to try and help them out while also showing how something can be completed (vs just doing everything for them).

Now if it's an MR1 or MR0, I may say something in chat, but mostly because it is such a rare sighting to see. :clem:

Edited by Sean

No, that's just the tools that affinity-leeched their way to high MR  at Draco/Hydron/whatever without learning how to play the game.

Assuming that the advice you're trying to give is sound, that is.

This sort of attitude is exactly why we try to discourage people from viewing MR as the equivalent of rank in other games. It's not. It's solely a factor of how many different pieces of equipment you have used. You could hit mid-20s MR in a matter of weeks if you power-leeched. Sadly, we've got a relatively new (I say relatively meaning "the past couple years") population of people who do think that it signifies expertise or game knowledge, which is where this arrogance comes from.

The arrogance and the very firm factually incorrect opinions.

Just got called trash by a mr 15 cause i did 15% damage against Phorid when I spawned halfway through him soloing the thing so shiet people are always there regardless of their MR. 

On the other hand some low MR players gets too twitchy when anyone gives advice to them and thinking that the high MR is weird flexing that you can't take constructive criticism. Regardless of your MR some people just too arrogant to accept any feedback on what they're doing wrong and highlighting. While its true high MR doesn't mean more knowledge its better to assume when someones pointing out something wrong you're doing theres something to it regardless of his MR. 

Being playing 1 account with MR27 and another with an MR 14 I get the taste of both spectrum.

33 minutes ago, QueenCarnage said:

What's the deal with MR24-27 people constantly insulting people for giving advice, but being a low MR?

Most of that players doesnt have any respect to newbies, and they always trying to find someone to express their own emotions, if they are angry, then newbies will be their victims.

I'm MR 26, but I have more respect to new players and players whos similar MR like me, but I dotn have respect to players whos arogant and full of shiits.

So, dont be sad, if u find people like that just "Ignore them" by using chat button for that, thats the best weapon against them! 😉

40 minutes ago, QueenCarnage said:

I'm MR23, so that means I can keep getting away with this, right?  (I'm kidding)

Just put them on ignore.  Every community has its bad apples and Warframe is no exception.  

• Like 2

Recently i have seen ML 8 giving orders to ML 24+:

Don't move, don't go there, don't use that ability... Don't breathe...

Anyway yes there are frustrated people generally insulting you without any reason showing their high ranks and often they come with clan mates to bully people, just ignore and report them. 

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

No, that's just the tools that affinity-leeched their way to high MR  at Draco/Hydron/whatever without learning how to play the game.

Assuming that the advice you're trying to give is sound, that is.

This sort of attitude is exactly why we try to discourage people from viewing MR as the equivalent of rank in other games. It's not. It's solely a factor of how many different pieces of equipment you have used. You could hit mid-20s MR in a matter of weeks if you power-leeched. Sadly, we've got a relatively new (I say relatively meaning "the past couple years") population of people who do think that it signifies expertise or game knowledge, which is where this arrogance comes from.

The arrogance and the very firm factually incorrect opinions.

Im MR11 as of now. Ive been playing the game for roundabout 2 months and Im taking my time to understand and learn about everything it throws at me. Im mostly using equinox, which Ive made a build for that works well for both forms.

So in short, it gives defense and offense if needed. Ive only suggested to the person who only seemed to be using 1 ability (in a wrong way, too) that they should try actually letting it charge the dps (Equinox day forms 4th) before releasing. They attacked me immidiately for it, and I just apologized and left. 

This wasnt the first occassion I got attacked either

Edited by QueenCarnage

1 hour ago, QueenCarnage said:

Someone who has studied the math... Watched the game grow every year... reads every thing patch notes... theory tests... and finally plays many many MANY warframes, weapons, and missions to gain the most important part "experience". Then someone can truly say they are a master at understanding and building the  in game... As for surviving in arbitrations/endurance runs, it can requires skill especially with squishy frames using invis and immunity to get by.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1