Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QueenCarnage

High MR people

1 hour ago, BeldarTheBrave said:

Every game has its nozzle heads. For example, I was playing a mid level interception mission a couple days ago. There was an MR 26 player, me at 16, then the other two were something like 5 or 6.

I was jumping between points trying to help the two lower MR players hold their points and trying to keep mine too. The MR 26 guy as yelling at me in chat and calling me a moron because I wouldn't stand perfectly still on one point like he was.

I didn't pick him up when he died.

I've gotten people like that. They like to chastise me for bringing a lowly Mag Prime to a mission and then tell me to pick a (bleeping) point to stay at. 

I like to drop all my specters on their node, have then hold position and then go back to playing like I want to. 

Makes them mad when I do that, not sure why. 

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

It's the side effect of too many ways to afk/leech level these days. Back when it was a young game, MR was a hard slog and most of the high MRs were actually good players. Now however it's far too easy for a new player to just their MR in a months play to MR 25 or so. They haven't bothered to learn about the game having spent most of it standing still in Hydron and therefore have no idea what they're doing. Most of these players are easy to identify, they're high MR, their most played frames are Excalibur and Rhino and they have less than 1000 hours played. That's not to say they're all like that but the ones that are usually have these characteristics. They usually think that because they're high MR they're a bigshot that can talk down to others and it's amusing to watch them get downed in missions while blaming their team for their own incompetence.

A littlw while ago I did a GOTL that was a higher level interception, lvl 60-80. The requirement was 4 waves. On my team I had 2 MR 20+ and a lower MR player. I was on nova, they brought an inaros, a valkyr and an EV trin. I slowed the entire map, the grineer mercury one and they spent the first few waves running around killing everything. When I asked them to just let everyone be cc'd the response I got was "lol we're winning anyway noob". When I pointed out that it was because I was slowing the entire map that they were having an easy time they replied that they "didn't need my help". So I stopped using my 4 which I had to spam because they kept killing everything and sat in my operator mode to watch the fun. Sure enough they start dropping and blaming me. I made sure to revive the lower MR the whole time. I continued to watch them drop, the enemy capture got to 80% and I started playing again after they started begging me to help so they wouldn't fail. By rights I probably should've left so they could accept their fate but with respect to the lower MR who was trying hard I saved the mission for them. I only hope they actually learnt something from the experience but with the arrogance they were showing I doubt it.

If you meet silly people like this in your game, either ignore them when they're rude or do as I did and give em a free  lesson. Maybe some of them will end up being less clueless high MR's. 

Stupidity has no link with MR though. I have revived MR 24++ people who can't play since I was MR 16 because they are literal dumbasses who bring R0 weapons to Sortie and use badly built paper frames. Not to mention all the useless low MR 0 - 9 that keep getting downed (and proceed the complain the high MR isn't doing their job).

Heck, at MR 9 a mediocre player like me can already do better than those with double my rank because I bothered to learn the damned game (and get good at cheesing if I couldn't make it). The thing is, Warframe is full of people who have too much need for epeen and ego, but too little time to do things right.

And yes, part of this problem is because some of the so called Vets are too nice and spoonfeeding the low MRs who will become high MR in future. Rather than teaching the proper goal driven gameplay, they actively promote that it is ok to leech and that the high MR will always be there for you.

No, people don't pay the kindness forward. They become begging baby birds who never leave the nest. This is even when they have the wings to fly ... they never use it. They remain useless, overweight baby birds with an attitude to match when things go wrong.

Thing is, OP is actually just complaining about dumbasses ruining their game and couching it in terms of MR elitism when it is none of this crap and just useless people who don't know the game being themselves, regardless of whatever in game accolades they cheesed their way to.

From my personal experience, MR 20-30 people are either completionists or just elitists pricks. You wanna know who the more knowledgeable ones are, look for those who linger around MR 16-20. They tend to be the most knowledgeable as they can't be bothered to grind other weapons as the good ones are already in their inventory. 

I've yet to see a toxic newby but I see an insane amount of toxic long time players. Even the ones who think they aren't toxic are usually douches to newer players even if they do it subconsciously.

17 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Stupidity has no link with MR though. I have revived MR 24++ people who can't play since I was MR 16 because they are literal dumbasses who bring R0 weapons to Sortie and use badly built paper frames. Not to mention all the useless low MR 0 - 9 that keep getting downed (and proceed the complain the high MR isn't doing their job).

Heck, at MR 9 a mediocre player like me can already do better than those with double my rank because I bothered to learn the damned game (and get good at cheesing if I couldn't make it). The thing is, Warframe is full of people who have too much need for epeen and ego, but too little time to do things right.

And yes, part of this problem is because some of the so called Vets are too nice and spoonfeeding the low MRs who will become high MR in future. Rather than teaching the proper goal driven gameplay, they actively promote that it is ok to leech and that the high MR will always be there for you.

No, people don't pay the kindness forward. They become begging baby birds who never leave the nest. This is even when they have the wings to fly ... they never use it. They remain useless, overweight baby birds with an attitude to match when things go wrong.

Thing is, OP is actually just complaining about dumbasses ruining their game and couching it in terms of MR elitism when it is none of this crap and just useless people who don't know the game being themselves, regardless of whatever in game accolades they cheesed their way to.

Pretty true, this is why I like competitive clans that set you harder challenges to achieve to really test what you know about the game as well as your fps skills. I'm willing to bet most high MRs who rushed their levelling would have no chance at completing them.

But yeh you're right, idiots come in all MRs, I either hit them with a karma truck in mission or just leave and ignore them.

18 minutes ago, Tazdingoo said:

From my personal experience, MR 20-30 people are either completionists or just elitists pricks. You wanna know who the more knowledgeable ones are, look for those who linger around MR 16-20. They tend to be the most knowledgeable as they can't be bothered to grind other weapons as the good ones are already in their inventory. 

There's plenty of knowledgeable completionists as well, they just don't tend to say much unless someone actually asks a question.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

There's plenty of knowledgeable completionists as well, they just don't tend to say much unless someone actually asks a question.

Yup my bad, I meant to say that not all the max MR players are not knowledgeable but those who tend to help are around the mid MR range.

1 minute ago, Tazdingoo said:

Yup my bad, I meant to say that not all the max MR players are not knowledgeable but those who tend to help are around the mid MR range.

True enough. I just look at hours played as a good reference. But it's not always accurate either, I'm seen some shocking players with 3k plus hours. God knows what they did all that time...

3 minutes ago, Tazdingoo said:

I dunno man, all the most toxic people I met come from that range you say are the best. They think that just because they have the rank to use all Rivens and Guns they are war gods. A lot of them are also METAslaves who berate anything off Meta.

I laugh my ass off when I see them fail at using the META because it simply is at odds with their play style.

Never fails to amuse me when a high MR is like "wtf is this augmented armour? Man I need a riven for this weapon".

No you don't, you need to learn about the games mechanics and stop being rubbish.

Do I count as High MR ? Because it definitely doesn't feel like it.

What was the situation? What caused someone to lash at ya for trying to push a recommendation? 

Nah, most aren't like this, but many are. Many feel like they've earned the ability to look down on others that don't know better. 

A problem with this game is there not being a defined endgame. As such you can find high levels doing missions where RM1-5s are. Most are nice, but many are cancer. Had one today bragging that he killed T4 Phorid instantly. I'm MR20, he was a 24.

I've had a MR17 complain when I play my main because Valk isn't a support/buff frame and called me a noob. I revived him 4 times using my 4th lol.

If you want nice people to play with, it never hurts to check recruiting chat. Ask for help and someone likely will. Random lobbies can be cancer, but I usually laugh at those people.

MR 0 to about 10 or so are cute innocent kids that must be protected at all costs.

MR 11 to 18 are the cool people who actually understand the game and bother to learn how things work. They're also usually the best players you'll find.

MR 19 upwards are either leechers and AFKers who ruin the game for literally everyone, or MR 11-18 people who decided to craft all those weapons they never tried but still play the game instead of becoming leechers (but you'll never get paired with them for some reason)

In fact, from my experience at least, the higher the MR of a player, the highers the chances they'll just be leeching or otherwise not contributing at all. If I get an MR26 in a bounty or something I can bet you that they'll be in a cave mining or fishing.

3 minutes ago, Gullim92 said:

In fact, from my experience at least, the higher the MR of a player, the highers the chances they'll just be leeching or otherwise not contributing at all. If I get an MR26 in a bounty or something I can bet you that they'll be in a cave mining or fishing.

That's probably true, you know why? The actual good MR 26-27s are doing that stuff solo because they want to go fast or just don't want to deal with pub, loading times etc and don't need any help to do the content.

6 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

That's probably true, you know why? The actual good MR 26-27s are doing that stuff solo because they want to go fast or just don't want to deal with pub, loading times etc and don't need any help to do the content.

This hits close to home. MR27, play on a potato so I mostly run solo or with clanmates with the exception of premade toroid farming and Eidolons. I leveled weapons actively whenever I could through fissures, invasions, or bounties rather then participating in the MR farming nodes. 

Though I would hesitate to call myself good after trying Conclave for a bit. Some of those guys have turned the Parkour system into an art form.

Il y a 7 heures, QueenCarnage a dit :

Thank you for letting me know. I am in love with WF, but mean communities really scare me! Thanks again for taking your time to let me know, have a great day.

Just my 5cts.

I tried many online communities and by far the Warframe community is one of the nicest.

Of course there is a lot of players so the probabilities make that some are jerks but it's a total minority.

Look at the forum and the discussion.

Eeven here ( it's always on a forum that true fights occur) many people can  argue, admit  make a mistake and even accept the others point of view.

Compared to many online games communities this one is just a gentle unicorn lair.

rainbow sculpting GIF by Qubitz Studio

Now guys don't go hating on all the MR 24+(seems kinda arbitrary anyway). Some, like the ones that harassed you are turds that deserve ignoring. They should have tools to deal with whatever they got themselves into and should be quiet about anybody needing help on the way. They were there before, we all lift together, always. The best and only justifiable reason this game is so easy is because we can all work together from rank 2 (when you can trade) to rank 27(when anything trade able you get is bonus) we can and should help each other enjoy a game that has 0 benefit for competition.

22 minutes ago, Gullim92 said:

MR 11 to 18 are the cool people who actually understand the game and bother to learn how things work. They're also usually the best players you'll find.

😅😏 Kind of flattering in a way.

The only differences between low, mid ang high MR are the game hours and the gear people own.

Morons can be found anywhere, anytime, as stupidity is not a function of either game time or gear.

30 minutes ago, OmegaZero said:

This hits close to home. MR27, play on a potato so I mostly run solo or with clanmates with the exception of premade toroid farming and Eidolons. I leveled weapons actively whenever I could through fissures, invasions, or bounties rather then participating in the MR farming nodes. 

Though I would hesitate to call myself good after trying Conclave for a bit. Some of those guys have turned the Parkour system into an art form.

Pretty much all my warframe is either solo or with clan mates, I'm fortunate enough to be in a really good group that are fun to play with. It's just a better way to enjoy the game.

il y a 22 minutes, (PS4)Pumba_Beneator a dit :

The only differences between low, mid ang high MR are the game hours and the gear people own. number of gears that you maxed.

Morons can be found anywhere, anytime, as stupidity is not a function of either game time or gear.

Im actually MR16 but with gear that i have i easely can go MR 20 in a couple of days.

Just dont need rush because everything is avaible at MR16

Better look the hours spend in game that the MR because, even if there is some correlation, MR doest stricly mean experienced player.

9 hours ago, QueenCarnage said:

What's the deal with high MR people constantly insulting others for giving advice, but being a low MR?

Higher MR doesn't always mean more knowledge, they could just be sitting leveling gear and getting rid of it.

Are all of them like this? I'm fairly new and honestly I was afraid to ask :'D

Edit: Fixed wording.

you can always pm me in game and I will provide you with info about game and tips to best of my ability. 

Can't speak for everyone, but high MR doesn't necessarily imply sound knowledge of the game. 

There's good and bad apples on both side of the spectrum. 

We don't really have any special club where we belittle others (if there is i haven't gotten my invitation) and feel superior about it. 

11 hours ago, QueenCarnage said:

What's the deal with high MR people constantly insulting others for giving advice, but being a low MR?

Higher MR doesn't always mean more knowledge, they could just be sitting leveling gear and getting rid of it.

Are all of them like this? I'm fairly new and honestly I was afraid to ask :'D

Edit: Fixed wording.

It's highly uncommon to find super toxic people in this game, usually people are really nice. 

but it's the internet, it comes with the territory, it's best to just shrug it off, cause you'll 99% likely never see them again with the amount of players in this game. 

but yeah MR isn't everything
You got your people who just Hydron from MR 0 cause of a taxi until the end
and you got your people who stay a certain MR cause theyre not interested in doing everything, but know a lot. 

and then you got people like me, MR 27, who knows nothing about Tridolon stuff cause I haven't bothered to touch it >_>

Just ignore them and get used to with it. I've met many high MR 23-25 people with more than 300+ eidolon caps but does not have any idea about their role. They keep blaming teammate while they are ones ruin the run.