Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High MR people

SemperAdMeliora

I'm MR 19 and i can count the number of times i've seen this sort of behavior on both hands.

Random groups and my clan all seem to love new players. I've seen (and participated in) showering newbies in gifts like the "basics" (serration, split chamber, the 90 elemental mods, etc.). And advice doesn't ever seem to be a problem.

Side note: i avoid global/region/whatever chat like the plague...maybe that is part of it lol.

But yea, even in random groups i tend to really love this community. Definite mileage variation though i suppose.

Just chiming in that this is usually the reason I recommend newbies to run though the the star chart solo first, then go public if they find it too hard for them, more specifically, missions like Interceptions, Survivals, Defections, or Assassinations which can be difficult for beginners. I'm an MR24 and I went through a majority of the star chart solo because you learn a lot more going solo than you would with a group as there's usually, consistently, at least one player that make the mission super easy.

I agree with the others in that the main issue is just a lot of the higher MR people are the same ones who've been sitting around on Hydron just leveling stuff which is actually why I don't recommend Hydron to newer players, I recommend Helene because it gives them resources they're going to need while also giving somewhat decent exp (orokin cells and plastids). It's also why I always tell players, don't run single missions (Helene, Hydron, Sanctuary Onslaught) several times to train your gear, just use it as you run through your missions since you have to do those missions at some point anyway for differing reasons such as relic farming, resource farming, invasions, opening relics, etc. but always bring at least one decent weapon that you trust yourself on so if it's more difficult than you thought it'd be, you have a Plan B.

I do not agree with looking at Hours in the game as a reliable knowledge counter simply due to the fact that people could just be sitting in hydron or afk or whatever reason to just ramp up their hours played counter. I have fewer hours than a lot of people I play with but I'm also usually the one giving them advice because I do a lot of research outside of Warframe which is where you're going to be finding a lot of information anyway, especially if you play solo a lot.

As others have said though, ignore the ones that're picking fights for no reason, could be elitism, could be they're just having a bad day, could also just be that they have to finish the mission quickly(which they should've gone solo if that was the reason). Regardless, let me assure you that there're far more nicer players than there're bad apples. A lot of us just don't talk much since we're just trying to get the mission done or doing whatever it is we're there to do and we run public simply because why not help others while we're doing it.

Also, ignore the people that specifically only want meta groups and will flame the crap out of you for not using what they want, those're the same people who don't really use other gear and so assume there're very specific things you absolutely have to do which, btw, is 100% not true. A lot of people have this mindset you absolutely have to have certain frames and weapons for some aspects of the game, but I've done 3x3 Tridolon with a group that was literally me as Volt, 2 Trinities, and an Oberon without Void Strike. I've also done Profit Taker with a group that was Octavia, Nezha, Harrow, and a Rhino.

People could easily do all content in the game as long as they know what they're doing. Most people that're MR 24+ and complaining about other people's builds or frames or etc are most likely meta users who don't really know what they're doing. I say this because if they're confidant in their knowledge of what they're doing then they shouldn't need to be forcing others to go with specific gear. 

Now, if they're getting annoyed because someone causes the mission to fail when the mission was pretty much already done, that's another story entirely. An example would be my friend who was doing a rescue sortie and they finished the objective but two other players wanted to search for a synthesis target and they caused the mission to fail because they let the target die in their search for a synthesis target in a sortie mission. In that case, he has the right to get mad, lol. But, again, he just dealt with it by leaving the party, and running it again solo because it takes less than 10 minutes to do a rescue. To this day, he solos all his spy and rescue missions now.

As you can tell just from the others posting in this thread to begin with, a lot of us are happy to help, just whisper us ingame or message us on the forums here if you need help or advice and I'm sure most of us will be glad to help!

Edit: Oh, and yes, I have to say Warframe's community is probably one of the better gaming communities I've seen in my 15+ years of gaming on several mmos so you don't have to worry at all about being in a super toxic community xD

Edited by Faiyze
Sidenote

Depends on the case, certain things are essentially not acceptable at some point, like asking for builds, "what is better, a tigris or snipetron?" on things like sorties, so advice can be sent to these players regardless of MR.

Indeed some players take this as an offense, because it's their game that is being placed into question, how do players dare to question the learning curve of a player who strugles with the UI in a sortie mission for example, but that happens, obviously some players realize the issue and overcome and improve the next time they play, others complain and may insult.

To be honest, it's rare so it's not really an issue.

I also don't like being questioned on my gameplay when nothing is going wrong and my experience far exceeds those making the questions, obviously i do not insult, i simply say it's my own choice, i made that decision and i simply procced with the gameplay, altough some users may get upset at the most miniscule things, like me bringing rejuvenation aura to a mission, again a minority.

Do not use MR to evaluate competence, the sugestions made by players reflect their gameplay, if they are more experienced and have better results overall, listening to them may improve your own gameplay, if they happen to be worse, then override that decision.

What do i often do? I override all the time, for obvious reasons

12 hours ago, QueenCarnage said:

What's the deal with high MR people constantly insulting others for giving advice, but being a low MR?

Higher MR doesn't always mean more knowledge, they could just be sitting leveling gear and getting rid of it.

Are all of them like this? I'm fairly new and honestly I was afraid to ask :'D

Edit: Fixed wording.

Thats online gaming for you...these people are everywhere.

That said, they don't have to be high MR. But they will be rude, obnoxious individuals anyway. Gaining any kind of status in a game just gives them more of an excuse.

You know the type...try-hard grinders who see players of lesser rank and ability as just a hindrance. People to be insulted & abused rather than helped.

I've come across a few myself. Best to just ignore them and make sure you keep as far away from them as possible.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb QueenCarnage:

What's the deal with high MR people constantly insulting others for giving advice, but being a low MR?

Higher MR doesn't always mean more knowledge, they could just be sitting leveling gear and getting rid of it.

Personally, I never met anyone like this. In fact, the only who were straight up insulting me for no reason were low MR players.

Then again, MR means nothing. For example, there are people here around MR 24 who played a month at best, meanwhile I'm on MR 19 and I've been playing for almost 5 years.

I for one try to help people if they ask me to. I enjoy some good time in low level missions so I'm okay with helping the new guys here and there. Few days ago I helped some guys farm relics, for example.

In a way you're right, It's just that there's way more people playing now than 6+ years ago.

There always were bad apples, but they used to be a smaller minority, so you didn't notice it really.
So it's safe to assume that with more players overall you are bound to get more of those bad apples.
And since there were so few, those few kept getting removed from clans, but now when there's more of the kind of people that they are, they can form their own groups and S#&$ty attitude clans.

Although, the game wasn't competitive at all back then, I feel DE (maybe involuntarily) introduced some competitiveness with Plains, Fortuna and Rivens.
Some people are constantly min-maxing and trying to find the 'best'.

But back then you didn't have anything besides mobs killed, glitched obstacle course time and maybe raids so for the most part it's on DE and the fact that the human nature tends to be competitive over anything really.

Edited by Nefarious

Do you mean on the forums, or in-game?

Belittling other people's advice seems to be much more concentrated on the forums, but then this is the place where people who are motivated to talk about the game go anyway, so it's a concentration of people who have Opinions They Wish To Share. 

On the other hand, in-game I've seen very little of it. Perhaps it's because I don't keep voice chat open and there's not a lot of time to type in chat, but most players I've been paired with are supremely chill and friendly. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

no, some of us are antisocial AF and just avoid most chats altogether. or maybe that's just me.

You have too many posts to be anti-social.  You need to try harder, like me.  😉

16 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I understand. it's very easy to paint us all as toxic if toxicity is all you see, but there are decent people out here with High MRs. just maybe a little harder to come across than they should be.

I giggle at the people who try to be toxic because I recognize them for what they are.  There's a special place on my block list for people who act like trolls to people looking for help.

What amuses me is people who tell you that the weapons you're using in a map are bad, forgetting completely that you have to level them once to get the MR Affinity from them.  And how will you know a weapon is bad unless you use it?  Also, haven't you ever played a game to have fun?  Yes, I could bullet jump like a frog on a hot plate all the way to extraction, but have you tried hovering with Hildryn?  OMG!  So much fun!  NO, I prefer the big bang of my Arca Plasmor to the raw damage of the headshots of a Vectis, thank you.  I like killing twenty things at once with one shot up close and personal.  It's called a play style.

In other words, OP, just ignore the trolls, the toxic slimes, and the poisonous leeches.  Do what lets you enjoy the game, and if you want to get some advice about tweaks to make your performance better, you're probably looking in the wrong places if you're still using General Chat.  Even the forums are unlikely to be free of toxics.  Join a clan, find a Discord, and if they turn out to be toxic, leave.  You don't need that sort of negativity in your life or your gaming experiences.

16 hours ago, QueenCarnage said:

Thank you for letting me know. I am in love with WF, but mean communities really scare me! 

Build some confidence dude, Warframe is not a game who is strictly reliant on cooperation between players, so you have all the power to do whatever you want. In a game like this the toxicity of the community is irrelevant, and btw WF has the best community I ever know in years. If this community scares you, I advise some therapy. 

Welcome and enjoy the game.

I have played 250 hours, and today was the first day, when I encountered my first toxic teammate. I decided to do survival mission in my Nekros to farm some orokin cells. I was lucky to get a Nova and a Hydroid as teammates, who get the idea to nest in a corner, and camping by just using their ults. They asked us to go there, but when I started to kill the infested, the Hydroid told me to stop that. Well I was like: if his ult can do the job, I can really stay behind, and just tried to snipe the ancients with a bow to get rid of their buff. The Hydroid started to flame, asked how old am I since I can not do, what he said. I decided to ignore him. After a minute he said: That’s it, I had enough. He went to extraction point, but since nobody followed him, he aborted the game.
I am, still speechless. I never saw an other player to ragequit just because someone else was also playing the game, and refused to stay afk.

Im closing in on my 5th anniversary with the game and im Mr 22. I like to help others and if I ever need to correct someone I try to do it as politely as possible. 

Players like that are usually just grinders who (in their mind) "completed" the game by leveling everything in a few months and than think that the higher number gives them authority. Just ignore them if they bother you 🙂

17 hours ago, QueenCarnage said:

As MR 3000 you need to sit down!! While it does take time to get to higher MR and should have learned key things along the way. Those people are just elitist pricks. They belong in the same hole as the people who need 100+ to do 3x3 eidolons. I do that in pugs just because it's more chill people.

Edited by Zelmen

@QueenCarnage

Like most people have said, the community in game is very accepting. As with the trolls, leeches, and know it alls; just ignore them. MR rank is not a measure of experience. I am Mr 15 and still learning how to build frames/weapons well, and I haven't even gotten to my dog yet. Finally, regarding weapons and frames; use what is fun for you to use, and not just because you want to up your mastery rank. It is much more interesting to level frames/gear in normal missions than going to Hydron(insert other affinity farming location here), as each weapon has different mechanics(mostly). 

I can't say as I pay any attention to MR when in /chat or the like. 

However, if you give bad advice, expect to be called out. It happens frequently. 

Also, some things are debatable and there is frequently more than one way to do things, so expect elaboration. 

If you're a new player, I'd still recommend joining a clan. Your clannies should help you out (since it helps them) and you'll actually get to see their advice in action, in game, where the rubber meets the road. 

Ther are just as many belligerent low mr players tbh.  

16 hours ago, QueenCarnage said:

I'm always seeking answers to questions. Being MR26 doesn't mean I know everything and I started the game just like everyone else. However, I do know, like most things, the vast majority of questions have already been asked and there is a ton of information already out there, so http://www.google.com and the Warframe Wiki is what I use and turn to first. 

12 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

I dunno man, all the most toxic people I met come from that range you say are the best. They think that just because they have the rank to use all Rivens and Guns they are war gods. A lot of them are also METAslaves who berate anything off Meta.

I laugh my ass off when I see them fail at using the META because it simply is at odds with their play style.

I laugh my ass off too when I see it.  Just because something is META doesn't always means that it is meta for you or that you understand why it works. 

I remember going into a Void Defense mission as Ivara (shouldn't surprise anyone who knows me.) 😄 At the mission start, one guy typed in chat that I brought Ivara to a defense mission and that I would be a burden.  I asked him how my Ivara was doing after having rezed him, while getting most kills and damage in the first 10 waves.  Interesting that he had no more comments to type in chat.  Funny how that works out isn't it.   😄  

Edited by DatDarkOne

19 hours ago, QueenCarnage said:

This game's community is the only community I've seen for an online game that has people who are willing to jump out of their way to help new players.
What your experiencing is unfortunately present in all online games, there are those people who want to pride themselves for being better.

Glad you love Warframe and I hope you don't let occasional bad people let you down in the future!

• Like 1

From my experience very rarely have I found toxicity on most online games.Its actually fairly rare and I’ve played many kinds of online games like warframe,call of duty, destiny1, battlefield, fortnite,titenfall2,.Most People that you play with will ignore you and move on. The only real toxic online video game experience that I’ve ever had was from GTA 5 Tryhards. As long as you say away from the griefing cancer that is Gta5 online then you won’t experience real online toxicity.

Edited by (XB1)XlOoftheGoof Xl

In my almost 1k hours in the game, I can say with certainty that every single A****** I've met has been MR20+.  I'm not saying that every MR20+ is an A******, but every A****** I've encountered has been 20+.  Stuff like yelling at someone for letting one excavator get blown up when the person they're yelling at is MR3, yelling at me for taking Ivara to spy missions, etc.

The Ivara one was funny.  He ran face-first into a laser with Loki, set off the alarm and almost failed the Sortie for us.  Meanwhile, I beat him to two of the spy objectives.