Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee stances with good mobility?

Kebast

Since quick melee is no more, I’ve been looking for stances with good flow and mobility. Sadly, most of my high forma count weapons have none. Any recommendations on weapons to play with? My GoTo was polearms, but none of the stances are that great. Stave isn’t bad, and I’ve found myself enjoying galatine again recently.

would love to hear there are more fun, good flowing melee stances I’ve not found yet.

Final Harbinger with good sword & shield weapon, like Silva prime or Sigma Octantis, nothing beats it's mobility imo. Staff Zaw with Clashing Forest is not bad too, if you forget that forward combo exist by holding aim button and E mashing. Nicely propels forward with good reach.

Just now, WindigoTG said:

Blind Justice.

Tranquil Cleave is also good, really both Nikana stances except Decisive Judgment are good at keeping you mobile, and the pause combo can deal some good quick damage for minimal slowdown.

2 hours ago, WindigoTG said:

Blind Justice.

THE best for mobility as it does not restrict mobility.

Blind Justice is my favorite Nikana stance, but sometimes the mobility can be a little too good.  It's very  easy end up  dashing places I really don't want to be, or off of a small map completely. 

Final harbinger with s&s, 

Tempo Royale with greatsword (needs decent speed though) 

One of the staff stances I can't remember right now. 

One of the scythe (though scythe themselves tend to be underwhelming) can't remember. 

Will update this post if I can find which stances they were. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

6 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Final Harbinger with good sword & shield weapon, like Silva prime or Sigma Octantis, nothing beats it's mobility imo. Staff Zaw with Clashing Forest is not bad too, if you forget that forward combo exist by holding aim button and E mashing. Nicely propels forward with good reach.

This took some getting used to, but yeah, plague Keewar is my top used melee currently. 

nobody mentioned Crushing Ruin? literally a Stance that made the Wolf of Saturn Six go "I should totally do that with my hammer!" the pause combo can pretty much fling you across the room!

Blind Justice is good too, if you can do the pause combo well enough that dashing attack is great, and looks badass.

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Will update this post if I can find which stances they were. 

Staff Stances are Bleeding Willow and Clashing Forest, scythe Stances are Reaping Spiral and Stalking Fan.

not a fan of Reaping Spiral as it's too showy for my liking, but it is pretty mobile.