Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

make revenant reeve like alucard from castlevania (netflix)

Highhats

I've recently started playing revenant and i think  i'd be really fun to be able to cast reeve in any direction instantly , just remove the casting animations and lower the energy cost or maybe restore some energy if you reeve through one of those flame pillars . being able to reeve while in the air will just unlock more gameplay possibilities .   

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, he should be more Eidolon-y, not vampire-y. If they wanted to make a vampire frame they should’ve made a vampire frame, not force the theme onto a frame that already has one.

They were making a vampire frame. What mucked it up was them being made to add more eidolon into his kit. He could've been perfectly fine as a vampire frame with Eidolon visuals, but c'est la vie.

Edited by Atsia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Atsia said:

They were making a vampire frame. What mucked it up was them being made to add more eidolon into his kit.

He looks like an Eidolon, he should have Eidolon/sentient powers.

You don’t see Nidus throwing out butterflies, or Ember squirting cream cheese out her armpits.

Giving a frame that’s very clearly and obviously designed with Sentients in mind the abilities of something that has absolute nothing to them was, and stay with me on this, A TERRIBLE IDEA!

21 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, he should be more Eidolon-y, not vampire-y. If they wanted to make a vampire frame they should’ve made a vampire frame, not force the theme onto a frame that already has one.

Ima say this once. He was a frame TAINTED, key word, TAINTED by eidolon energy. So it makes sense that he was a vampire like frame who has added some eidolon features to himself because he was TAINTED by eidolon energy. Simple as that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

Ima say this once. He was a frame TAINTED, key word, TAINTED by eidolon energy. So it makes sense that he was a vampire like frame who has added some eidolon features to himself because he was TAINTED by eidolon energy. Simple as that. 

If he WAS originally a vampire frame (there is no evidence of what he was before) before being tainted by sentient energy, and the sentient energy has done next to nothing to his abilities, then what was the point of throwing him into the big pool of sentient energy to begin with? Just make a vampire frame! Don’t go teasing the first Warframe to be completely modeled after a Boss only to then be like “actually his abilities have pretty much nothing to do with those things”.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If he WAS originally a vampire frame (there is no evidence of what he was before) before being tainted by sentient energy, and the sentient energy has done next to nothing to his abilities, then what was the point of throwing him into the big pool of sentient energy to begin with? Just make a vampire frame! Don’t go teasing the first Warframe to be completely modeled after a Boss only to then be like “actually his abilities have pretty much nothing to do with those things”.

Not to mention that the two thematically have very little in common.

Vampires: Cunning, physically powerful but not particularly imposing. Directly unholy beings that directly have large numbers of weaknesses and must therefore resort to cunning as opposed to direct physical takeover, lest they be swiftly rooted out and destroyed. Actively malevolent.

Eidolons: Hulking, literally mindless monsters that are bristling with weapons, immune to practically all damage except the esoteric powers of the void. Can be coexisted with if respected, and if legends are to be believed (which, of course, is not always the case), even communed with and tamed.

Thematically they're kind of incompatible.

8 hours ago, Atsia said:

They were making a vampire frame. What mucked it up was them being made to add more eidolon into his kit. He could've been perfectly fine as a vampire frame with Eidolon visuals, but c'est la vie.

Boils down to personal taste I guess.

7 hours ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

The lore for him was made after the abilities were set, he wasn't supposed to come with a quest originally, but they decided to cave into the small demand there was for one, so they quickly made something to appease the crowd while trying hard to give leeway for what his abilities are seeing that his kit didn't fit the theme. Because of this I completely disregard the lore while talking about what he can or should be.

@Highhats Next time please either leave timestamps or make a gif to relay what you are trying to convey. I know the vid is short, but still.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-08 at 3:59 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

He looks like an Eidolon, he should have Eidolon/sentient powers.

You don’t see Nidus throwing out butterflies, or Ember squirting cream cheese out her armpits.

Giving a frame that’s very clearly and obviously designed with Sentients in mind the abilities of something that has absolute nothing to them was, and stay with me on this, A TERRIBLE IDEA!

yeah ..  i didn't mean that they should turn him into a full vampire , i was just talking about his 3rd ability (reeve) because it's just not very useful at the moment and that being able to air cast in any direction would be cool , just like what they did with the other frames, i just happened to be watching castlevania at the time and thought that " hey i'd be cool if revenant's reeve worked like that" .  

On 2019-04-08 at 4:11 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

back when he was revealed in dev stream 112 he was originally intended to be a vampire themed warframe they even called him "vlad"

3 minutes ago, Highhats said:

back when he was revealed in dev stream 112 he was originally intended to be a vampire themed warframe they even called him "vlad"

But that was after his concept art reveal.  if they wanted to put a vampire theme on a frame then they go put that on a frame that’s actually vampire themed. Not on a frame who’s appearance literally screams “I AM NOT A VAMPIRE! DO NOT MAKE ME INTO A VAMPIRE BECAUSE IT COULDNT BE MORE OBVIOUS THAT I AM NOT A VAMPIRE”!

If the CREATIVE DIRECTOR of all people wanted the frame to, and I quote, ''have more lasers'' and ''feel more like an eidolon'', I think it's pretty safe to assume what DE should be going for (hint : it's not a vampire).

Besides, the frame looks and plays nothing like a vampire, and was only originally made into one because Rebecca is obsessed with those, to the point where she chose to push it onto something that had no reason to be associated with it, resulting in the mess we currently have. 

Edited by JohnLemon123
  • Like 1