The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave reward after rank 30

CryptonicLove

So i got to rank 30 of nightwave only to be disappointed even further. Each rank after 30 gives u 15 wolf creds and that is just sad why? well each week u can get 43k standing from doing all the weekly and daily missions (i think,correct me if im wrong on this and yes im not including fugitives because it depends on how much a person plays and how lucky they get) which is 60 wolf creds. I cant even get 1 orokin catalyst or reactor a week, i dont care about nitain extract or aura mods or cosmetics as i already have all of them.

As im sure there are a lot of people who are not happy about the current system and im one of those people who really dont mind doing nighwave missions but cmon how much more u do want us to grind. I was expecting to get atleast 1 potato each week after reaching rank 30 since reaching to max rank is a mission in itself. The reward is just not there for someone who has invested  a considerable about of time doing nightwave missions. IDK im really not happy about this tbh what do u guys think is it worth it? I Definitely dont think so. I wanted to reach rank 30 to see how much wolf creds we get and i can say im truly disappointed.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, CryptonicLove said:

So i got to rank 30 of nightwave only to be disappointed even further. Each rank after 30 gives u 15 wolf creds and that is just sad why? well each week u can get 43k standing from doing all the weekly and daily missions (i think,correct me if im wrong on this and yes im not including fugitives because it depends on how much a person plays and how lucky they get) which is 60 wolf creds. I cant even get 1 orokin catalyst or reactor a week, i dont care about nitain extract or aura mods or cosmetics as i already have all of them.

As im sure there are a lot of people who are not happy about the current system and im one of those people who really dont mind doing nighwave missions but cmon how much more u do want us to grind. I was expecting to get atleast 1 potato each week after reaching rank 30 since reaching to max rank is a mission in itself. The reward is just not there for someone who has invested  a considerable about of time doing nightwave missions. IDK im really not happy about this tbh what do u guys think is it worth it? I Definitely dont think so. I wanted to reach rank 30 to see how much wolf creds we get and i can say im truly disappointed.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Wolf Cred prices are a bit too high compared to alerts but that has nothing to do with rewards for rank 31+.

DE has been trying to combat resource stockpiling since they put Argon in the game. The last thing they're going to do is allow us to stockpile Catalysts and Reactors this easily.

Also it was confirmed that the post-30 ranks were only 15 cred sometime within the first two or three weeks.

26 minutes ago, trst said:

Also it was confirmed that the post-30 ranks were only 15 cred sometime within the first two or three weeks.

This info was droped in comments section under a Youtube video. There is no info on this in any of the several official info threads on the forums. Implying it was a widely known fact is rediculous. Even the end date of the first NV season is not stated at this point. White knighting the balls out of NV is the wrong way, Tenno.

1 hour ago, CryptonicLove said:

Each rank after 30 gives u 15 wolf creds and that is just sad why?

I am not sure what you were expecting. It was obvious since day 1, even without info on prestige ranks - NV will not spoil overachievers with shinies.

On 2019-04-08 at 6:29 PM, trst said:

DE has been trying to combat resource stockpiling since they put Argon in the game. The last thing they're going to do is allow us to stockpile Catalysts and Reactors this easily.

"The last thing they're going to do is allow us to stockpile Catalysts and Reactors"

Bit late. I have around 10 of each built and blueprints for another approximately 30 each.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

On 2019-04-08 at 12:29 PM, trst said:

Too late for that

Have over 60 of each, i am on MR 27 and all my weapons and frames have reactors and catalysts, and i am sure that lots of players have more, so its a bit too late for DE

40ish Orokin Catalysts
60ish Orokin Reactors.
Every alt helm owned.
60 Nitain extract.

I don't know what I would want from "prestige" ranks... but currently I have no use for the Wolf Creds.

Though, buying an item to lock in a riven stat would be nice...

Edited by Carnage2K4

And here I am being annoyed with reaching 30 with 0 wolf creds left from last week's "payout", when it's been pretty consistent for me to get 60 each week. 

Got no chance of making another 4 rankups this week to make it 60 this time around, thus won't be able to get both of the weapon skins that I don't currently have. 

And that's after only buying a few helmets and skins throughout this episode. Got all the Nitain, auras and potatoes I need for some time (and plat not to care if I need to pay for potatoes).

NW really starting to feel like a chore and catering to my FOMO. 

1 hour ago, rastaban75 said:

I like how the essence of these complaints is contradictory. Someone who has achieved rank 30 in Nightwave nearing (or achieving) 100% of the challenges somehow needs the extra wolf credits for... what exactly?

I want the (very few) helmets that I don't have as well as any (weapon) skin being offered. 

Not even that is possible with the amount of creds I've been getting. 

Edited by Thando

Umbral forma alone is all the incentive I needed for Nightwave, I'll grind from 1 to level 30 again for another umbral forma. 

The ability to buy nitain with wolf cred must be really great for new players. I remember setting up mobile app notification for those and waking up 3am to get one. 

Nightwave is great, and maybe it will get better. We wanted content, we got some content. I see no reason to complain. There are many things to complain on in warframe, Nightwave is the least of em.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

"The last thing they're going to do is allow us to stockpile Catalysts and Reactors"

Bit late. I have around 10 of each built and blueprints for another approximately 30 each.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Too late for that

Have over 60 of each, i am on MR 27 and all my weapons and frames have reactors and catalysts, and i am sure that lots of players have more, so its a bit too late for DE

I said "this easily", this thread is about OP being upset over the amount of cred from prestige ranks and was expecting to get at least one (catalyst/reactor) a week.

We're already capable of getting them for free from Gift alerts, events, invasions, and sorties. The most consistent of these is the gift alerts but they alternate Catalysts and Reactors as well as sometimes giving something else entirely. Adding the ability to get them from Nightwave both from tier rewards and from the shop we've already got access to a lot of them.

Ultimately my point was that OP's wish of getting one a week via prestige ranks seems excessive, nothing about players already having stockpiles.

On 2019-04-08 at 12:27 AM, CryptonicLove said:

I cant even get 1 orokin catalyst or reactor a week, i dont care about nitain extract or aura mods or cosmetics as i already have all of them.

Welcome to the problem new players faced since nightwave replaced alerts. A lot of the elite nightwave challenges were physically impossible for new players and they are some of the ones who need catalysts and reactors the most. The Nightwave system still needs work to become outright better then alerts as a whole. 

Back when "potatoes" were from alerts, a new player could of been taxied to the alert at least. But you can't taxi a new player into a profit taker mission. 

Personally I don't care about prestige wolf credits, it's easier to just crack my hundred's of relics in pubs and trade convert that stuff to any potato I need. A new player would have to get the relics first though. They won't have the hundreds+ hours and the hundreds of unopened relics to coincide to show for it. 

Edited by Fire2box

1 hour ago, Thando said:

I want the (very few) helmets that I don't have as well as any (weapon) skin being offered. 

Not even that is possible with the amount of crews I've been getting. 

You can get them at the next episode of Nightwave, I don't really see a problem here.

If an episode lasts about ten weeks I don't think it is unreasonable to wait for some of the cosmetic stuff. Even people that have all these through the old alert system spent a lot of time getting them - maybe even a year, which corresponds to roughly 5 Nightwave episodes.

(And that is under the assumption that it is worth getting those cosmetics in the first place, and that varies from player to player)

On 2019-04-08 at 4:29 AM, trst said:

Reached rank 31+ in Nightwave? Here's 15 creds so you can stockpile Nitain (bundle of 5 costs 15)!

The biggest issue for me and the reason i made this post is because of the reward at the end. If u consider the amount of grinding that a person has to put in to actually get to rank 30 only to be told u need to grind even more for the remainder of the event/alert or whatever u want to call it is simply absurd. For DE to call it "prestige" is simply misleading imo. When u say prestige 1 would naturally think it will be worth it/rewarding. Yes we knew from the very beginning that it would be wolf creds only and im completely fine with that but the amount of wolf cred is simply a joke. Apart from Nitain Extracts u cant even buy anything else from the store from 1 level u need atleast 2 ranks to get something from the store. 

In the old alert system you could simply just go in do 1 mission and leave after that and u get what u wanted but with the current system it doesn't even take into account the amount of grind that you put in over the course of 10 weeks to get 1 item or items that you may want. Like i am fine with how the reward structure is until rank30 (with umbra forma being the exception) but atleast after rank 30 it should be worth our time (the time you spent ingame over the course of 6-7 or how many ever weeks it takes you to get to rank 30 and beyond)

2 hours ago, rastaban75 said:

I like how the essence of these complaints is contradictory. Someone who has achieved rank 30 in Nightwave nearing (or achieving) 100% of the challenges somehow needs the extra wolf credits for... what exactly?

Just because someone reached rank 30 and completed 100% of nightwave doesnt necessarily means he/she has everything they need. I have people in my clan who want to reach rank 30 solely for wolf creds so they can buy stuff that they need aka nitain, aura mods to sell for plat cosmetics and such. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CryptonicLove said:

The biggest issue for me and the reason i made this post is because of the reward at the end. If u consider the amount of grinding that a person has to put in to actually get to rank 30 only to be told u need to grind even more for the remainder of the event/alert or whatever u want to call it is simply absurd. For DE to call it "prestige" is simply misleading imo. When u say prestige 1 would naturally think it will be worth it/rewarding. Yes we knew from the very beginning that it would be wolf creds only and im completely fine with that but the amount of wolf cred is simply a joke. Apart from Nitain Extracts u cant even buy anything else from the store from 1 level u need atleast 2 ranks to get something from the store. 

I reached rank 30 and was left with the impression that I can slack, in no moment did the game "tell" me I need to do more. What did I miss?

In the old alert system you could simply just go in do 1 mission and leave after that and u get what u wanted but with the current system it doesn't even take into account the amount of grind that you put in over the course of 10 weeks to get 1 item or items that you may want. Like i am fine with how the reward structure is until rank30 (with umbra forma being the exception) but atleast after rank 30 it should be worth our time (the time you spent ingame over the course of 6-7 or how many ever weeks it takes you to get to rank 30 and beyond)

Yes, that is absolutely correct, in the old alert system, when I needed a potato I just did a quick capture and done. It was exactly like that.

Just because someone reached rank 30 and completed 100% of nightwave doesnt necessarily means he/she has everything they need. I have people in my clan who want to reach rank 30 solely for wolf creds so they can buy stuff that they need aka nitain, aura mods to sell for plat cosmetics and such. 

Ignore completely the potatoes. Voila, now you have wolf creds for everything.
INB4 "but that's not actual advice". Before Nightwave people used to depend on GOTL and trading plat for potatoes, if you continue the same way, you'll have plenty of creds. If you don't, you'll have to sacrifice something, it's simple.

P.S. In free to play games you trade certainty for grind.

Hate the grind but really want to grind more.

That's how opening post comes across. A bit weird.

Thing is, for those who have hit rank 30, from now until the end of this season we see how much we coulda ignored and still hit rank 30. And there's gonna be so much we coulda skipped that it didn't really have to be a grind to get to where we got.