Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Ediolon "remaster" is ugly

TheFinalEpic

I know the moment i heard that it runs better on potatoes that there  has to be something given up for said performance. 

Maybe it's because I play Warframe with every single effects turned on max but the Plains of Eidolon look so much more uglier than it used to be. The older one looked more vibrant and it had its unique color scheme. This one is just empty and bland.

What the hell?

Edit: I guess from what I gather from responses is it new plains of eidolon looks better than old plain of eidolon when both are at low settings and on potatoes.

New Eidolon looks like utter garbage at max settings compared to old Eidolon at max settings. 

Guess most people don't have a RTX 2080 ti on a 1440p 165hz IPS monitor to see how crap it is at max settings compared to old map.  I should put in perspective people don't have my kind of set up and most are on potato PC that don't even have a graphics card.

TLDR, compared to Old Eidolon map. Looks better at crap potato settings, looks garbage at max settings

Edited by TheFinalEpic

14 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

The older one looked more vibrant and it had its unique color scheme. This one is just empty and bland.

You mean unique colour scheme of "Off green, and brown" and absolutely nothing else?
Now there are more than just 2 colours in use on the plains.

And how is it "empty" compared to what it used to be?  It used to be flat and open with very few trees and nothing else, and of those trees there was one type.  Now there are a ton more trees, much more grass, more varieties of trees.
There are also more rocks, stumps, logs and similar dotted around to break up the monotonous flat areas.
Further there are tons more animals around that add quite a bit more life to the plains.

• Like 18

Are you playing on lowest settings or something? 

From my own point of view it looks great with the improved lighting, grass sway, more trees, better water physics, butterflies during the day, fireflies at night, better weather mechanics, improved ambient sound etc etc.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

I know the moment i heard that it runs better on potatoes that there  has to be something given up for said performance. 

Maybe it's because I play Warframe with every single effects turned on max but the Plains of Eidolon look so much more uglier than it used to be. The older one looked more vibrant and it had its unique color scheme. This one is just empty and bland.

What the hell?

Vibrant does not equal quality. Yes, the colours are far less vibrant and more realistic, but how exactly is that a bad thing?

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Syasob:

Even with every single video setting set to minimum and 800x600 resolution my potato runs solid 30 FPS and it looks AMAZING compared to what it used to be.

Because with those low settings you simply cannot see how bad it looks! Just kidding of course 😛

I really like the new look of the Plains (not breathtaking by any means, but a lot better than before)

42 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

What the hell?

Image result for 0/10 troll attempt

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

It used to be flat and open

You mean like an actual plain? :tongue:

(Not that I'd ever actually describe PoE as "flat and open" personally.)

Can't wait for Plains of Eidolon 3.0, aka "We should have called it the Hills of Eidolon all along".

• Like 1

Are we playing different games? The plains looks pretty good imo. Distant stuff is very mush but I usually don't notice it because I'm too busy looking at the things around me. (Or I'm fighting the grineer.) The remastered version so much crispier also. The old one looked kinda cartoonish (?) and the lighting was pretty bad with all the flickering. In rain the ground looked like it was made out of rubber. Surely distant stuff could use some polishing but overall I feel like this is a big improvement.

Edited by JackHargreav

2 minutes ago, Kebast said:

My only complaint is that it looks too shiny or glossy. 

Yeah, I've noticed some of the rocks do have a weird metallic sheen in the rain.

But thats a fairly minor niggle when you consider how much better everything else looks. The textures, the lighting, the weather & water effects. Heck even the force fields / energy barriers look better.

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You mean like an actual plain? :tongue:

(Not that I'd ever actually describe PoE as "flat and open" personally.)

Can't wait for Plains of Eidolon 3.0, aka "We should have called it the Hills of Eidolon all along".

Fair point...but my point was more to the effect that even real plains have something to break them up, be it trees, rocks, stumps, grass, and similar things.
Old POE didn't really have that...I should have more said empty because that's closer to what I was thinking.  And the current changes made it a lot less empty and boring.

Edited by Tsukinoki

1 hour ago, TheFinalEpic said:

What the hell?

Empty? B4 the remaster it was completely empty with that plastic brown surface with no grass or textures anywhere. Now its full of stuff and looks way better, i was expecting more grass but its ok.

Edited by TzXtetriC