Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Ediolon "remaster" is ugly

TheFinalEpic

I agree. I prefer the old plains, the new one doesn't look good in my opinion. finally someone that agrees with me I thought I was the only one that liked the old plains better then this one

Edited by dolev23478
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheFinalEpic said:

I know the moment i heard that it runs better on potatoes that there  has to be something given up for said performance. 

Maybe it's because I play Warframe with every single effects turned on max but the Plains of Eidolon look so much more uglier than it used to be. The older one looked more vibrant and it had its unique color scheme. This one is just empty and bland.

What the hell?

Are u sure u playing the right game lmao

I think that the Plains looks less cartoonish with the remaster. The colours feel more earthly than before. Though there are some few odd colouring choices (the blueness of some rivers), but it is more pleasant to the eyes in my opinion.

Wow. Some people are never going to be happy with anything and will always find something to complain even when there's no objective reason. Fact is, the Plains look better than ever, more realistic and alive.

Personally I believe it looks much better. I like how they added a path, more trees, and the biggest thing for me is the improvement on the water. The water used to be too blue and dark, so dark to where you can barely and I mean barely see anything whether it be day or night. Not it's nice and clear and I can actually see through the water which is a big plus. I personally like the new remaster but that's just my opinion.

Maybe you should put on some glasses OP?

I mean the textures and structures out there are so much more detailed than previously. The gathering of trees and so on look realistic, the grass actually looks like grass, the roads/paths actually look like something you can expect to see when troops have marched through the same area day in and day out or where armored vehicles have ripped through the terrain.

Old PoE was just mud and dirt looking with odd trees here and there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheFinalEpic said:

I know the moment i heard that it runs better on potatoes that there  has to be something given up for said performance. 

Maybe it's because I play Warframe with every single effects turned on max but the Plains of Eidolon look so much more uglier than it used to be. The older one looked more vibrant and it had its unique color scheme. This one is just empty and bland.

What the hell?

Thats a matter of "opinion". Personally it looks and runs a lot better. Its not as flat, there's a lot more to see, and while I haven't been able to find thumpers yet, its nice to know theres more to get my hands on. 

Mayhaps you need to have a good, long break and come back to give it the "fresh eyes" it deserves.

I’m on console so I haven’t personally played the remaster, but the plains has felt horrible after we got Fortuna. Now when I’m in the plains I realize how barren and empty and crap of color scheme it has. Everything looked like dead decaying grass or dirt. I always wished it had some foresty areas in it, thought it would be way cooler with more trees for dynamic combat situations 

• Like 2

My main issue with the plains right now is that

1) the  distribution of hostiles on the plains is a pain for conservation, I would say harder than valis as a result.

2) because everything at ground level is brown the conservation start points are an absolute pig to find because they are close to the same shade of brown, especially in the longer grasses, there seriously needs to be some form of different colour overlay on them or something

3) The bounty tasks are still meh, We are still walking the bloody drone, and no bonus standing like on valis.

However I love all the new detail and the Thumpers are a cool

The funny thing is that I get the feeling that the people complaining have never actually been to a place similar to how PoE look in real life. I have and the new PoE reminds me alot of a place called Ravlunda, not to far from where I live in southern most part of Sweden. This place is a host area for military training operations and the terrain out there (besides Grineer structures obviously) look very similar to the PoE rework.

There are several other areas across Sweden (and Europe) that look just the same, with the mixture of grass, trees, mud and sand blown to S#&$ like we see in PoE. The plains give me the same feel that I get when walking in those places in real life, because the plains feel authentic. Looking at where the plains are actually placed, the theme of the remaster is pretty damn spot on.

• Like 1

Close looks better the issue is at a distance.  The render switch from the detail models to the blurry models happens very quickly, and distance rendering is worse than in vanilla Fallout 3.

I wish there was a slider for distance render quality so those of us with the tech could have decent looking landscapes.

What the everlasting f-u-double-hockey-sticks are you talking about? Old PoE was plain and hideous. It was just all brown and dead. Depressing. Post-apocalyptic. Gross. I always was like "why are these people fighting to save this? Just leave to somewhere not so barren and dead".

Then they fixed all that. It looks 1000% better now. There is a lot more going on all the time and the colors are more vibrant and varied (not just tan and brown and gray).

I feel like you made this post just to troll and brag about how you wasted money on a 2080 Ti, when it's no more powerful than a 1080 Ti. If you're going to boast about running max settings, why only a puny little 1440p garbage monitor instead of 50 inches of 4k glory with max settings and triple digit fps at all times like me? 😄

Seriously. PoE 2.0 is much better. Lay off the drugs.

Edited by ForgedReality

4 hours ago, TheFinalEpic said:

Edit: I guess from what I gather from responses is it new plains of eidolon looks better than old plain of eidolon when both are at low settings and on potatoes.

New Eidolon looks like utter garbage at max settings compared to old Eidolon at max settings. 

Guess most people don't have a RTX 2080 ti on a 1440p 165hz IPS monitor to see how crap it is at max settings compared to old map.  I should put in perspective people don't have my kind of set up and most are on potato PC that don't even have a graphics card.

TLDR, compared to Old Eidolon map. Looks better at crap potato settings, looks garbage at max settings

well I am on a potato then I use normal settings so I don't burn my fingers but I have an i7 7700hq and a gtx 1050.  trust me the new version of plains looks way better

plains remaster is like putting bunch of mods on skyrim to make it look better. Which is a good thing. I really like it as look somewhat 'realistic'. But, a friend of mine did say that the ground is uglier than the previous version. But he's on low settings.