Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE I beg you, Fix the Waypoints.

llls1cKb0ylll

Yup! Mont after month I keep seeing (or making) these threads, yet this thing still happens. I remember @[DE]Rebecca herself posting in one of those threads (which is, of course, missing now) about how they'll fix it, so it's not like they're not aware of it. Yet still, nothing... This busted waypoints system has been implemented years ago... And they wonder why newcomers leave...

Fix the wayponts.

And fix the G. D. doors. I've had more missions failing recently because a door won't open than ever before. What is it with DE and their doors? 😄

(actually, I think the best way to handle it is to make sure there's always 2 ways to a given location, one without any doors - like ventilation shafts or something - that, or give us a Breaching Charge gear item that will blow a hole through a wall). 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Fix the wayponts.

And fix the G. D. doors. I've had more missions failing recently because a door won't open than ever before. What is it with DE and their doors? 😄

(actually, I think the best way to handle it is to make sure there's always 2 ways to a given location, one without any doors - like ventilation shafts or something - that, or give us a Breaching Charge gear item that will blow a hole through a wall). 

Even better - let people clip through doors.  As it is , there seems to be door opening animations that physically block you based on the door's animation, which can lead to it getting stuck.  Instead, make the doors non-obstacles for warframes but not bullets, sort of like Frost bubbles - you can run right through them so long they're not locked like they're not even there, and if a door must be locked and then unlocked, instantly apply the noclip before the opening animation even starts.

End result: sometimes people will appear to clip through a door, but there's fewer instances of doors just plain blocking people and making it impossible to complete a misison.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Weird, I've read that they made opening doors a "client authoritive" function, and it seemed like to me that I really has less problem with going through doors. Source:

Seems like the solution of the bug is bugged ☺️ Have you tried switching to operator if this happens?

6 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Weird, I've read that they made opening doors a "client authoritive" function, and it seemed like to me that I really has less problem with going through doors.

A really bad host can still cause doors to bug out, I've had to jump in and out of Transference to get doors to work sometimes, it seems like sometimes the point that tracks where you are gets desynced from where you actually are causing doors to not realize you're in front of them, at least that's my theory.

58 minutes ago, Aldain said:

A really bad host can still cause doors to bug out, I've had to jump in and out of Transference to get doors to work sometimes, it seems like sometimes the point that tracks where you are gets desynced from where you actually are causing doors to not realize you're in front of them, at least that's my theory.

Interesting... Well, looks like they patch around this issue, but the only real solution would be having their own servers instead of the current host-client situation. We'll see, someday maybe. Until then, it would be nice to have a possibility to avoid going through doors, like operators could void dash to the other side.

Also, maybe remove the waypoints within tiles (so they only appear at the doors or over relevant enemies)? I've had to turn around more times than I can count because a mid-tile waypoint wasn't updating until I got close to it, only to move to the door that I was just running away from.

At least give us the option. I know the tiles themselves like the back of my hand, I don't need help navigating within them, just clear direction for where I'm supposed to leave the tile from.

Also, you want to put this in feedback, not GD.

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

Also, maybe remove the waypoints within tiles (so they only appear at the doors or over relevant enemies)? I've had to turn around more times than I can count because a mid-tile waypoint wasn't updating until I got close to it, only to move to the door that I was just running away from.

On some very large tiles I can kinda see the point, but some are just bizarre, like the T-junction with breakable windows on Corpus ship.

I believe the "door not opening" problem is not actually caused by doors themselves.

Since the game is build around tiles (essentially each room is loaded separately*), whenever the host can't keep up with loading all the rooms (e.g. they have a bad computer and each player is in a different location, or they have bad internet), it just won't load the room you're trying to get into.

The door obviously can't open for you, because that would mean you would jump out into a void, and we don't want that.

*notice how enemies in a room that you're not looking into are not highlighted by the Zenith's supposedly infinite wall hack. They aren't loaded, they don't really exist.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

I believe the "door not opening" problem is not actually caused by doors themselves.

Since the game is build around tiles (essentially each room is loaded separately*), whenever the host can't keep up with loading all the rooms (e.g. they have a bad computer and each player is in a different location, or they have bad internet), it just won't load the room you're trying to get into.

The door obviously can't open for you, because that would mean you would jump out into a void, and we don't want that.

*notice how enemies in a room that you're not looking into are not highlighted by the Zenith's supposedly infinite wall hack. They aren't loaded, they don't really exist.

That's not it. Yesterday I and 2 other players (one of whom was the host) got locked in the starting room, while the fourth player went on to complete the mission. Enemies could go straight through the door.

Edit: Furthermore, I have had enemies in different tiles be highlighted by Zenith.

Edited by Corvid

20 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Fix the wayponts.

Had this happen once. You know what my random teammates do?

2 quit and 1 try to go through by using Loki teleportation, which it did work and we were able to complete, but of course we have to wait until extraction is ovet

Happened again yesterday - I think it might be one specific corpus tile, but I haven't been paying close enough attention. We had 1 guy on the Extraction side, and 3 of us on the other side. We (the stranded three) had to figure out how to kill ourselves (not easy with an Inaros / Nidus), but once we all died, it extracted. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Tell me about it, I got lost last night in a Grineer Sealab tileset because the waypoint kept waypointing to a door that didn't open and at first I assumed it was the door bug. Where the door glitches out and the host is able to get through it but it doesn't open for anyeone else but the door wasn't lit up at all. 

What it turned out to be was...... we actually want you to do is drop down this puddle pool into Sharkwing for just a second, immediately exit sharkwing (like you're in Sharkwing for 3 seconds) to the door that looks like it won't open (and the waypoint tells you to go through) then turn to your right, go through a tiny crawlspace, around the corner and then to your right so you can drop out in the other room. 

It was just one of those tiles where you just needed to know what they wanted you to do or you where going to have a bad time and I had no clue what they wanted me to do. 

Edited by Oreades

The sealab tilesets are Real Bad with that wayfinding. I also ran into an issue with the Sycorax nightmare exterminate where only half the required enemies spawned - we had to abort because we were at 124 / 307, and there were no more enemies anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Hi @[DE]Marcus - thanks! I found that thread (because it suddenly occurred to me that I might want to look in the actual bug reports forum) and posted my experience there. Unfortunately I didn't have any specific details (times/missions/tileset). I will say for me, it was almost always Corpus tilesets that jammed up. 

3 hours ago, Corvid said:

Furthermore, I have had enemies in different tiles be highlighted by Zenith.

Keep in mind that what I meant was:

If there are enemies in an adjacent tile that you can't look into (as in, let's say the door is closed). 

Watch this: (2:10ish time if the timestamp doesn't work)