Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game keeps freezing on me now 4/9/2019

staranow

Game freezes but the audio keeps playing. Started having this problem today and its happened 6 times so far. And no its not my computer or internet. Played it yesterday and no problems. Today lots of problems. DE please stop breaking your game with every new hotfix. It really pisses off your players. Thank you for your time.

Edit: Just happened again. Guess I'm not playing this game anymore today. I'll try again tomorrow. If it keeps freezing on me tomorrow I'll find another game to play. I've heard Path of Exile is good...

Edited by staranow
New Info

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm also experiencing this. I think it's fairly new. Seems like in the past 2 and half weeks, I've gotten it a handful of times. New problem, but now happening fairly often (I tried to do clem for nightwave and got the freeze last night, then again just now.)  At first I thought my habit of alt-tabbing a lot was contributing, but I've focuses on staying in game, no alt-tab, and it still freezes.

Video freeze frame, but audio keeps playing and I can actually do things and hear them happening. LIke, I can shoot and melee and hear that's it's happening and killing guys, but I'm frozen on one frame. I can alt-tab out and use other programs without issue.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Version 1809, build 17763.615

i5-4670k, not overclocked

GeForce GTX 660 with most current drivers 431.36

32GB ram

Never had a consistent, repeating issue in Warframe like this one. 

I started experiencing this just after the latest patch "Tekelu Collections". My game freezes ingame (even just in orbiter) then forces my PC to restart. It's not temp issues, my GPU was at 52-55c, CPU at 60-62c. Been playing for months without issue then only now after patch the problem occured. Stress tested with other games with no problems, only with Warframe. At first maybe b/c my drivers were still 2018 (intended for BDO's borderless fullscreen performance) but even after updating to latest drivers, i still freeze then restart. Quick google search shows there are multiple articles about this but no fix. The sticky on this forums doesnt help either. Game is telling us to quit and move on. 😧

Edited by ComradeBeastwood

Can anyone experiencing these freezes please submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log? You'll want to get the log file after you've already had the freeze occur in the previous session. This could greatly help us track down the culprit. 

You can submit the support ticket here.

Your log file can be found here: 

GetLogs.png

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

This is no new issue at all. If you google it, you will find posts going back to 2013. I used to have this issue too, solution was to downclock your GPU. Alot of manufacturers make cards that come slightly overclocked. For some reason Warframe doesn't like this. If you downclock your GPU by 30-40 Mhz, the issue should stop. I know this doesn't seem to make alot of sense, since the game worked fine with the same GPU but it solved the issue.

Edited by Papragu

So, err... We fixed it (I think).

Tried Borderless Windowed mode and no crash.

Could kick ourselves for not trying that sooner.

On 2019-08-11 at 9:59 PM, Papragu said:

This is no new issue at all. If you google it, you will find posts going back to 2013. I used to have this issue too, solution was to downclock your GPU. Alot of manufacturers make cards that come slightly overclocked. For some reason Warframe doesn't like this. If you downclock your GPU by 30-40 Mhz, the issue should stop. I know this doesn't seem to make alot of sense, since the game worked fine with the same GPU but it solved the issue.

Thanks for the advice. I happen to have an OC-edition PNY GTX 1080. My husband tried underclocking the GPU using MSI Afterburner to the "normal" GTX 1080 clock speeds, as well as *far* below the default clock, and neither worked. The game still froze.

As above, switching to Borderless Windowed mode allowed me to finish the Vox Solaris mission.