Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sleds of Sunshine after Plains of Eidolon update

FireEatingNinja

Question

I'm suspicious the devs may not have tried this achievement after the update. Every decent slide sliding hills have a good f-you rock or divet that all paths seem to lead to.

I spent 2 hours tonight sliding in various areas with no luck. The Plains of Eidolon are covered as if being my toilet paper.

Any ideas?

FYI my sprint speed is 1.49, slide +117%, & friciton -75% (as Nezha).

19 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

I looked up a video on youtube for it.

Followed it, got it first try.

Did you try that recently or awhile back? That video doesn't really work anymore with the Plains update with all the little bumps and grooves they've added in, especially between those rocks at the beginning now because of all the grooves and pebbles they added to that spot alone. If you aren't going through right next to it then you won't have the momentum to continue between them and due to the grooves they added, it leads you directly into the rocks behind it which will stop your slide. If you do somehow make it past that, at the bottom of the hill are a ton of rocks and upturned roots that'll stop you as well.

7 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Have you tried the archwing trick? Go up high, boost forward, swing your sword and immediately hit ctrl to slide.

I'll give it a shot tonight. I feel like I had a good run doing it, but it didn't trigger. May have just not been enough.

I managed to get from one side of map to other in a single slide, turning aim glide on and off rapidly really extends speed and distance can travel, granted i had 2.2 base movespeed 4x 2 movespeed and a zephyr tailwind ontop of amalgam serration and some aimglide and velocity mods plus melee overdrive speed.

Anyway the archwing melee slide still makes it really easy

I got this achievement on xbox by being teleported back on a bounty completion. If you watch the extraction timer and slide as it's about to run out, as long as you are far enough away it should pop. It worked for a clan mate as well.

Edited by (XB1)MaDoKs
typo
  • Like 1

On 2019-04-10 at 2:48 PM, (XB1)MaDoKs said:

I got this achievement on xbox by being teleported back on a bounty completion. If you watch the extraction timer and slide as it's about to run out, as long as you are far enough away it should pop. It worked for a clan mate as well.

Can confirm this works. Thank you so much

On 2019-04-10 at 1:27 AM, Kaze.no.Senshi said:

I managed to get from one side of map to other in a single slide, turning aim glide on and off rapidly really extends speed and distance can travel, granted i had 2.2 base movespeed 4x 2 movespeed and a zephyr tailwind ontop of amalgam serration and some aimglide and velocity mods plus melee overdrive speed.

Anyway the archwing melee slide still makes it really easy

Just going to mention this and move along, go into archwing, go as fast as possible, hold crouch then every 1-2 seconds tap aim glide. Got it first try. New plains is definitely not friendly to those trying to get this achievement.

On 2019-04-24 at 3:02 PM, Tinklzs said:

Just going to mention this and move along, go into archwing, go as fast as possible, hold crouch then every 1-2 seconds tap aim glide. Got it first try. New plains is definitely not friendly to those trying to get this achievement.

again "Anyway the archwing melee slide still makes it really easy"

Yes you use slide to go further than tap aimglide, i can do the whole eidolon with just volt and overdrive, the rest was just to ensure it.
Easiest way is to boost in archwing then melee into a slide tho as i said.

I'm having the same problem.. I think they forgot about this challenge when they did the remaster , they added too much rocks , holes and stuff .. I can't find a 500m clear path .. 

anyways the archwing trick works.

Edited by Harmakis

This person found the solution. I did it myself with a friend (who did before the update and I didn't) and I get it!
I try every single mountain or local to slide. The rock, wood... every time they block/stop me. I didn't find a good spot or way to slide 500m. 

I searched for solution, found this post, tried it and it works.

while there is not a slight improvement in the plains for the trophy, I think it is the best way to get it 😃

There is the post with the answer by Forma_Addict, 

Le 24/04/2019 à 07:02, Tinklzs a dit :

That did it first try. You have my eternal thanks for sharing this here.

On 2019-04-09 at 1:24 AM, FireEatingNinja said:

I'm suspicious the devs may not have tried this achievement after the update. Every decent slide sliding hills have a good f-you rock or divet that all paths seem to lead to.

I spent 2 hours tonight sliding in various areas with no luck. The Plains of Eidolon are covered as if being my toilet paper.

Any ideas?

FYI my sprint speed is 1.49, slide +117%, & friciton -75% (as Nezha).

step 1 get a friend
step 2 set to invite only
step 3 go into plains
step 4 have friend place waypoint at gate
step 5 head  more than 500m, go 600m away 
step 6 have friend go into gate 
step 7 wait for i say 5 or 10 seconds left on extraction
step 8 once the few seconds remaining start sliding 
step 9 you will be send sliding back into the gate

On 2019-05-28 at 7:56 AM, Harmakis said:

I'm having the same problem.. I think they forgot about this challenge when they did the remaster , they added too much rocks , holes and stuff .. I can't find a 500m clear path .. 

anyways the archwing trick works.

On 2019-04-09 at 3:02 AM, Faiyze said:

Did you try that recently or awhile back? That video doesn't really work anymore with the Plains update with all the little bumps and grooves they've added in, especially between those rocks at the beginning now because of all the grooves and pebbles they added to that spot alone. If you aren't going through right next to it then you won't have the momentum to continue between them and due to the grooves they added, it leads you directly into the rocks behind it which will stop your slide. If you do somehow make it past that, at the bottom of the hill are a ton of rocks and upturned roots that'll stop you as well.

I know I'm late, but just tried with a razorwing blitz titania, works the same way as the archwing: get all 4 stacks, then deactivate your 4, slide in midair and aim glide every other second (or just keep switching aim glide on/off, also works). got it first try