Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(NSW)TheFrontz

can the wolf of Saturn Six just end already

When will this series ever end the Wolf is one of the worst boss fights i have ever faced in any game 4 warframes with high up weapons cant even shave 10% of the wolfs health after like 30 minutes of attacking this guy are you kidding me a challenge is fine the teryalist is a challenge this is a massive massive headache not necessary all for what a chance to get parts for his sledge hammer weapon to me its absolutely worthless seriously if the sledge is need for mastery points they have to put it in the game later some how even after the wolf is gone so why would i even care to go for the sledge in this headache way wouldn't surprise me if its next nightwave creds alot of them but creds none the less to get this sledge this just needs to end the whole boss fight is nothing but a horrible frustrating mess of a fight and sooo not worth anyone's sanity when does this end just end the Nightwave already its nothing but disastrous as it is

If you feel like he's too hard for you to beat, just go and extract.

well when he shows up in a defense mode and you want to finish the 5 waves you kinda cant till he and his buddies are dead always shows up in my defense games really frustrating

Just now, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

well when he shows up in a defense mode and you want to finish the 5 waves you kinda cant till he and his buddies are dead always shows up in my defense games really frustrating

You must be really lucky, I've seen him only twice and I played a lot since Nightwave introduction. And both times he went down in about a minute.

I'll let you in on a secret. Radiation damage does a significant amount to wolf. I've tried many weapons but pure radiation seems to do the trick. Guessing his armour type gives a damage bonus to radiation. 

I run all missions with staticor now that he's spawning more frequently. It chunks him. Makes the fight less tedious.

Be grateful for him even appearing! I saw this bastard only once and he was no challenge for me

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

You must be really lucky, I've seen him only twice and I played a lot since Nightwave introduction. And both times he went down in about a minute.

try sedna hes coming around that defense mission every 5 to 10 games hes been hiding thier for like two weeks on switch

good melee with blood rush would make this fight rather short and easy

3 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

I'll let you in on a secret. Radiation damage does a significant amount to wolf. I've tried many weapons but pure radiation seems to do the trick. Guessing his armour type gives a damage bonus to radiation. 

I run all missions with staticor now that he's spawning more frequently. It chunks him. Makes the fight less tedious.

my opticor vandal has radiation damage on it and does jack nothing to him

Just now, NoLazyShadow said:

Be grateful for him even appearing! I saw this bastard only once and he was no challenge for me

hes been on sedna on switch for like 2 weeks dont know if other systems are different

Instead of "burn the whole mode". How about op-out conditions or triggers.

Like if each player hits the wolf with a Tranquilizer gun dart. He cools his jets and leaves with no loot.

Just now, Firetempest said:

Instead of "burn the whole mode". How about op-out conditions or triggers.

Like if each player hits the wolf with a Tranquilizer gun dart. He cools his jets and leaves with no loot.

something it says on the wiki he leaves after 10 to 20 mins i call bs litterally battled him for 30 minutes plus and hardly any damage to him and was no hurry to leave

Fun fact: When i was with a squad doing some relics, Wolf came out, and i defeated him by stripping his armor with Kavat and Valkyr Prime's Hysteria.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

my optical vandal has radiation damage on it and does jack nothing to him

Opticor Vandal has IPS and a forced magnetic proc on the blast. Wolf doesn't get procd, so even if your status chance lands on radiation, you're basically rolling the dice. You want weapons that have base fire, electric or radiation that can reach 100% status chance before multishot.

Or from another circle, a melee with shattering impact since that is one of the few ways to strip his armour. 

1 minute ago, Sajochi said:

Alloy Armour, weak to Radiation and for some reason beyond my understanding his health is classed as Alloy too so all the strengths and weakness are doubled up. (Unless it's been patched since last I checked.)

Personally, I've fought him only 4 times and once was while carrying all the Dragon Keys so not normal experience.  I've found Hysteria works, otherwise I tend to switch to Operator and zap him with my Amp as it seems to do more than any primary or secondary I've tried.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

When people mention radiation damage they often forget to mention its usually something with a crazy crit chance/modifier like a Rubico Prime.

Just now, Sajochi said:

Opticor Vandal has IPS and a forced magnetic proc on the blast. Wolf doesn't get procd, so even if your status chance lands on radiation, you're basically rolling the dice. You want weapons that have base fire, electric or radiation that can reach 100% status chance before multishot.

well any suggestions and yes i know i spelled it wrong

10 minutes ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

well any suggestions and yes i know i spelled it wrong

Staticor is a good pure radiation secondary with very high base damage. I don't use crit on mine, I just focus on status chance and base damage. 

If you're of the sniping variety, look no further than the good ol lanka. It has decent status chance and adding some fire damage gives you radiation. Zoom in on wolf's ugly face and give him a big kiss with a fat projectile. 

Just remembered. Excalibur and chromatic blade. Wolf shows up, press 4, slice away. With enough power strength excalibur gets 100% status chance so you can focus on crit and base damage.

Well if you want a good rad weapon backup then get Redeemer prime modded for radiation, it's both melee weapon and can shot. Works well(tested on an lvl75 wolf with no CPs auras)

34 minutes ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

Fun fact: When i was with a squad doing some relics, Wolf came out, and i defeated him by stripping his armor with Kavat and Valkyr Prime's Hysteria.

39 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Even if you strip him of armor, there's another one under it which you can't strip (literally HP and Alloy Armor fusion), so removing the first layer is a waste of time. As for Radiation damage, yeah, it does work but from my experience, he's insane bulletsponge on 100+ level, no matter if you use Radiation or not. He even has passive damage reduction (% one), which helps him being even more tanky with each additional level. Problem is he doesn't have limit to max level (other mini-bosses like Stalker, Zanuka or G3 have it and are pretty much no issue), he's just matching level of mobs which makes him so broken in scaling.

1 minute ago, CoreXCZ said:

Even if you strip him of armor, there's another one under it which you can't strip (literally HP and Alloy Armor fusion), so removing the first layer is a waste of time. As for Radiation damage, yeah, it does work but from my experience, he's insane bulletsponge on 100+ level, no matter if you use Radiation or not. Problem is he doesn't have limit to max level, he's just matching level of mobs which makes him so broken in scaling.

Supposedly they capped his level in the most recent patch so he never shows up past level 60. 

Though still I'd love to hear what weapons and mod loadouts people are using because apparently everyone on the forum either hates the Wolf for being a sponge or hates that he isn't spongier because they nuke him in 5 seconds >_>.

4 minutes ago, CoreXCZ said:

Even if you strip him of armor, there's another one under it which you can't strip (literally HP and Alloy Armor fusion), so removing the first layer is a waste of time. As for Radiation damage, yeah, it does work but from my experience, he's insane bulletsponge on 100+ level, no matter if you use Radiation or not. He even has passive damage reduction (% one), which helps him being even more tanky with each additional level. Problem is he doesn't have limit to max level (other mini-bosses like Stalker, Zanuka or G3 have it and are pretty much no issue), he's just matching level of mobs which makes him so broken in scaling.

Last patch on PC changed that. Unfortunately for OP, I don't think they're on this patch so they got to adjust until then. 

2 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Last patch on PC changed that. Unfortunately for OP, I don't think they're on this patch so they got to adjust until then. 

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Supposedly they capped his level in the most recent patch so he never shows up past level 60. 

Though still I'd love to hear what weapons and mod loadouts people are using because apparently everyone on the forum either hates the Wolf for being a sponge or hates that he isn't spongier because they nuke him in 5 seconds >_>.

My bad about level cap, wasn't around and reading news (busy life). The only problem I have with Wolf at the moment is the rarity of his Sledge parts. Seeking him out is not worth it when he's not even giving you Nightwave standing after defeat.

48 minutes ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

Regular Opticor.  Go pure damage or Crit.  The Vandal is a mob weapon.

Lanka or Rubico Prime scoped with radiation damage, dead-eye, etc.

58 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Zero times for me.