Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can the wolf of Saturn Six just end already

(NSW)TheFrontz

personaly i see me doing what i was doing wenn i was a beginer runing every mission with anti gear now it is anti wolf gear in the past it was anti stalker gear well that was limiting a long time.

Edited by Keiyadan

vor einer Stunde schrieb NoLazyShadow:

Be grateful for him even appearing! I saw this bastard only once and he was no challenge for me

He spawns at different levels, just sayin. Taking him out at level 40 takes about 5 seconds. AFAIR the scaling was capped at 60 with 24.6.

2 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

Taking him out at level 40 takes about 5 seconds.

I'd like to know exactly what loadout you have for that, weapon stats, mod loadout, everything, because hyperbole or not he's still fairly durable clocking in just shy of 200k eHP with 72.94% DR it would take something with a hell of a punch per shot to take him down even in 3 minutes.

vor einer Stunde schrieb NoLazyShadow:

Be grateful for him even appearing! I saw this bastard only once and he was no challenge for me

I had the guy show up twice, which was annoying as hell.

Not to mention that I'm trying my hardest to avoid Nightwave completely, this damn guy shows up still.

I just want to be left alone, damn it. No way in hell will I or anyone in my position be grateful for this BS.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Aldain:

I'd like to know exactly what loadout you have for that, weapon stats, mod loadout, everything, because hyperbole or not he's still fairly durable clocking in just shy of 200k eHP with 72.94% DR it would take something with a hell of a punch per shot to take him down even in 3 minutes.

I use an Opticor Vandal with a crit build and a +CC +MS +Electricity riven. (Radiation ofcause)

EDIT:

I encountered him at lvl 40 one time with a PUG in a rescue or capture mission. By caused damage I can tell that I pumped some good numbers into that guy but the PUG itself seemed to have nice dps.

Edited by Birkenhoff

vor 1 Minute schrieb Aldain:

Yeah....that explains alot, I'd imagine the time to kill would increase a fair amount without it.

Well, a riven helps but compared to early runs, people tend to use at least one fully modded weapon for radiation on Hydron (where about 90% of his spawns happened to me).

At the beginning of the event a lvl 80 Wolf could take about half an hour. Now it's a few minutes most of the time.

1 hour ago, Birkenhoff said:

He spawns at different levels, just sayin. Taking him out at level 40 takes about 5 seconds. AFAIR the scaling was capped at 60 with 24.6.

Welp, I thought so too and yet he spawned at lvl75, invasion full party.....this is today. So no, I think DE missed a few places.

Edited by HellVOps

Just now, Birkenhoff said:

Now it's a few minutes most of the time.

I don't really trust that statistic, if only because of just how large a power spike having a riven can be.

Players with Rivens will naturally run the Wolf over but a team with none will have a longer average kill time, also primed mods being a factor and things like Chroma buffs lying around make it hard to believe that a few minutes is most of the time.

I'd love to see the difference between an average (but effective) build with no primed mods, one with primed mods and one with primed+rivens just to see the time gap in how long it takes to kill the Wolf. Because I know for a fact that a large portion of the playerbase probably have no idea just how destructive they are in terms of power scale to the more average side of the playerbase.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Supposedly they capped his level in the most recent patch so he never shows up past level 60. 

Though still I'd love to hear what weapons and mod loadouts people are using because apparently everyone on the forum either hates the Wolf for being a sponge or hates that he isn't spongier because they nuke him in 5 seconds >_>.

I use a gram prime 0 forma full crit IPS build with Cleaving Whirlwind. And no riven. So blood rush with damage, crit damage, attack speed and range. Spam broken bull. I just ran into him tonight and took him down in less than 10 hits. 

I've tried a lot of other things too. I have 90 rivens and damn good ones for every zaw and almost every good melee weapon, and nothing I have tried so far works as well as the blood rush crit IPS gram prime build.

I've taken down a level 128 with that build too. And a few days before that we had a level 148 spawn and I hadn't discovered the gram prime trick yet. It took us 40 minutes to get his health to about 25%. 

My backup is the catchmoon haymaker splat with an great crit chance plus damage riven along with cold damage. Built for radiation damage. But the gram works better. Lol. 

So now I'm always rolling with the gram prime.

2 hours ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

try sedna hes coming around that defense mission every 5 to 10 games hes been hiding thier for like two weeks on switch

Translation: You live in Hydron and chances are high that you and the others in your group are levelling gear and not bringing a decent arsenal to the mission, which is why you can't kill him.

3 hours ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

When will this series ever end the Wolf is one of the worst boss fights i have ever faced in any game 4 warframes with high up weapons cant even shave 10% of the wolfs health after like 30 minutes of attacking this guy are you kidding me a challenge is fine the teryalist is a challenge this is a massive massive headache not necessary all for what a chance to get parts for his sledge hammer weapon to me its absolutely worthless seriously if the sledge is need for mastery points they have to put it in the game later some how even after the wolf is gone so why would i even care to go for the sledge in this headache way wouldn't surprise me if its next nightwave creds alot of them but creds none the less to get this sledge this just needs to end the whole boss fight is nothing but a horrible frustrating mess of a fight and sooo not worth anyone's sanity when does this end just end the Nightwave already its nothing but disastrous as it is

Let me see if I'm addressing the issue of your complaint correctly. So, since YOU can't defeat it you want it gone? I will agree that the manner in how we get the sledge is absurd but the Wolf himself is easy as pie. 

Just because you and your teammates weaponry are not the types to take him down doesn't mean that someone else doesn't enjoy the challenge. Hell, I can and do solo the Wolf and I've done this with hitscan weaponry, projectile weaponry and Melee(all done on different times). 

In the words of some others "Git Gud" and fighting him IS NOT advised if you can't do it and don't expect a teammate to carry you to victory. How did I solo him with a sword? Max rank Paracesis, Corrosion built for crit. 

I'm not here to be a Debby Downer but if you know you can't do it then extraction is usually an option on all but def I believe. There is no shame in running.

3 hours ago, Sajochi said:

Or from another circle, a melee with shattering impact since that is one of the few ways to strip his armour. 

Ok that tip is absolute gold.  I already noticed that a fast melee weapon is reasonably effective.  Even my dagger has impact damage.   Hopefully I have that mod.  It’s probably one I never used.  

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

Supposedly they capped his level in the most recent patch so he never shows up past level 60. 

Though still I'd love to hear what weapons and mod loadouts people are using because apparently everyone on the forum either hates the Wolf for being a sponge or hates that he isn't spongier because they nuke him in 5 seconds >_>.

Yesterday had him show up at 73 so that’s a nope.

Was in a meso fissure so no one was kitted for it.

I’ve only encountered him once, took maybe 10min but I was alone. He went down easy enough considering I had to contend with a room of mobs and his deciples. Used Ash Prime with an Arca Plasmor - probably not spelled right - but Ash’s Invis lets him fire a gun with out giving him up. I’d melee everyone else,  with hunter adrenaline on to keep my abilities up. Just got to find the right combo... I typically don’t run the arca on Ash, just lazy when I switched characters, would love to do the fight with a non invis character though 😉

I'm actually quite sad they nerfed him. Finally there was a challenge in the game. Challenge gone now.

I wish DE would stick to their guns sometimes. It's OK to fail and have a hard time at things. That's how you get better. 

Just my $0.02.

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Aldain:

I don't really trust that statistic, if only because of just how large a power spike having a riven can be.

Players with Rivens will naturally run the Wolf over but a team with none will have a longer average kill time, also primed mods being a factor and things like Chroma buffs lying around make it hard to believe that a few minutes is most of the time.

I'd love to see the difference between an average (but effective) build with no primed mods, one with primed mods and one with primed+rivens just to see the time gap in how long it takes to kill the Wolf. Because I know for a fact that a large portion of the playerbase probably have no idea just how destructive they are in terms of power scale to the more average side of the playerbase.

By saying it takes a few minutes I don't say it takes 2 minutes. 

Take the random Hydron kill squad as an example. When this thing was released noone had the idea - including me - to go for radiation on a Grineer defense tileset. That changed. I also use a Kavat with Sharpened Claws. Those things make a huge difference. You also don't have to use a godlike riven to melt him. Just equip your favorite kitgun (that comes with a riven, if you did that Gift from the Lotus) with Pax Charge and he will die pretty quick. At al level of 80 not within 2 minutes but you definitly don't have to use ammo restores to kill him, like when he showed up for the first time. 

10 hours ago, Sajochi said:

Opticor Vandal has IPS and a forced magnetic proc on the blast. Wolf doesn't get procd, so even if your status chance lands on radiation, you're basically rolling the dice. You want weapons that have base fire, electric or radiation that can reach 100% status chance before multishot.

That's not at all how damage works. Status procs and dealing elemental damage are independent systems.

e.g. If you put a Molten edge on your melee it will ALWAYS deal the bonus heat damage, regardless if it procs heat on those hits or not.

Radiation modded critical strike focused weapons are the way to go. Wolf is 100% immune to status procs.

Rubico (not necessarily prime but it's better obviously) is a great choice. Also good weapon for Eidolons, so double duty.

Edited by HugintheCrow

22 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

That's not at all how damage works. Status procs and dealing elemental damage are independent systems.

e.g. If you put a Molten edge on your melee it will ALWAYS deal the bonus heat damage, regardless if it procs heat on those hits or not.

Radiation modded critical strike focused weapons are the way to go. Wolf is 100% immune to status procs.

Rubico (not necessarily prime but it's better obviously) is a great choice. Also good weapon for Eidolons, so double duty.

Didn't know that and appreciate the clarification. I assumed it worked a different way.

Just now, Sajochi said:

Didn't know that and appreciate the clarification. I assumed it worked a different way.

No problem, it seems to be a common mistake and frankly, I can see why you could assume it works like that. DE's (lack of) tutorialing doesn't help.