Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternative way to charge ability on controllers?

(XBOX)WafflyLearner89

Question

So I play on xbox one and use the razer wolverine controller when playing warframe. However, I still have a hard time using charge abilities as that involves holding the ability button and then selecting the right button. It's not like it's hard, it's just very clunky and makes it hard to use on the move. 

Is there an option that makes it that you can just hold down the ability button and charge the ability that is currently selected?

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

Garuda's 4, hydroid's 4, khora's venari mode change, any power that can be held down to charge or increase range.

Okay i see i remember having problem with ivara quiver and the ability menu.

Basicly you can use the ability menu to select your power lets say "ability button" + Y for example after that when i want to use it since its selected ( you can also use the little right and left arrow of the pad ) you can tap and than hold the ability menu button and it will do as if you were holding ability menu and the Y button for example( depending of your layout it will only take your left index at least for me ^.^ ).

As for my said problem with ivara quiver its was basicly double tapping ability menu when quiver was selected to swap it and holding it to shoot it ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

15 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Okay i see i remember having problem with ivara quiver and the ability menu.

Basicly you can use the ability menu to select your power lets say "ability button" + Y for example after that when i want to use it since its selected ( you can also use the little right and left arrow of the pad ) you can tap and than hold the ability menu button and it will do as if you were holding ability menu and the Y button for example( depending of your layout it will only take your left index at least for me ^.^ ).

As for my said problem with ivara quiver its was basicly double tapping ability menu when quiver was selected to swap it and holding it to shoot it ^.^ 

So I select ability by using left or right arrow pads, double tap twice and on the second tap hold the button? Seems a little confusing. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

So I select ability by using left or right arrow pads, double tap twice and on the second tap hold the button? Seems a little confusing. 

Well thats whats works for me i will need to revalidate to make sure since its been a long time since i did not used charged ability . 

I'm on pc with an Xbox one controller with an old basic layout with toggle trouch and double tap to roll asside from that all ability menu were not changed.

ill keep you informed of my results tomorrow ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

6 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

Is there an option that makes it that you can just hold down the ability button and charge the ability that is currently selected?

Customize controller, "activate selected power". This avoids the need to hold down 2 buttons at the same time.

"Ability Menu" isn't required to have, when using "Activate selected power" and "Cycle Powers left/right". I have been playing Warframe with controller using "Activate selected power" and "Cycle Powers left" and right. I don't have "Ability Menu" on my controller buttons.

• Like 1