Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Toxin and Multishot Mods Early

zechsmachine

Question

Hi! I played warframe maybe six years ago when it was new and dropped it until recently. Now I'm trying to get back into it. I've gone through mars and phobos, and I haven't gotten a single toxin mod for a gun (pistol, sg, rifle) - just for my sword. I keep seeing multishot in guides too but I've never encountered it, even while grinding defense missions vs infested and corpus (which I saw somewhere should drop toxin mods).

Do you have clues for finding these? Where would be good spots to farm? The gameplay is awesome, but there has to be a smarter way to get these items without just banging your head on the wall :)

7 answers to this question

@Mez999's answer is one option.

Alternatively you could ask a veteran player for copies of those mods.

Particularly for Founders, and other players who have been here for six years, we have dozens if not hundreds of copies of most mods.
Typically players won't give away mods that are valuable (like the vaunted "60/60" weapon elemental mods), but standard 11-cap 90% elementals are fair game.
Multishot mods are so powerful as to be essentially required in every single build, so those are usually pretty free-flowing too.

I suggest looking for a clan who will help you out.

• Like 1

This isn’t meant to be a sarcastic answer so please read on!

My best advice will be to review the Wiki pages for the individual mods and check near the top where it’ll show you the drop chance per enemy and the mission chance where it also may be rewarded. 

Take Split Chamber for example. It drops in T3 Defense missions which are above your current level. Therefore you’ll either need a taxi or target the enemies with the drop chances. 

I suspect you’ve seen the mission types but not drilled down enough into the tier of mission. 

Re toxin mods - ask for a taxi to Mot and wait for Corrupted Vor to spawn. He drops all the toxin 60/60 mods. 

Didn't take it sarcastically, thanks a lot for responding so quickly!

It's also more I don't really understand the things in the wiki yet. For example, Hell's chamber says it drops from Defense T1, T2, and T3. That's why I've been grinding defense missions, but I don't know where to find the rotation tables - all I know is I should stay for three rounds because it's A-A-B, right? I've also been grinding excavation missions to get the power cell carriers who are supposed to drop infected clips, but I never got one yet.

Thanks for the suggestion to ask for a taxi. Although in that case, I would probably not be much use for the team. Are there lots of players who just take newbies with them as bystanders? I'd essentially just be there for the loot.

Well Welcome back tenno ^.^ 

6 years huh ^.^ its gonna be long reading 

there is reddit :

Spoiler

not totaly up to date but rydian thread is also a good place to go 

If you have any specific question dont hesitate just ask . Personaly ill go around completing starchart and the second dream quest ( its a masterpiece ^.^  )

Ps: Usualy those mods fall on your lap when you are not looking for them but i think i have a couple of split chambers hangning aroung if you are interested ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

18 minutes ago, zechsmachine said:

Didn't take it sarcastically, thanks a lot for responding so quickly!

It's also more I don't really understand the things in the wiki yet. For example, Hell's chamber says it drops from Defense T1, T2, and T3. That's why I've been grinding defense missions, but I don't know where to find the rotation tables - all I know is I should stay for three rounds because it's A-A-B, right? I've also been grinding excavation missions to get the power cell carriers who are supposed to drop infected clips, but I never got one yet.

Thanks for the suggestion to ask for a taxi. Although in that case, I would probably not be much use for the team. Are there lots of players who just take newbies with them as bystanders? I'd essentially just be there for the loot.

Are you on PC? I’ll be on a fair amount the next couple of days and, if we cross over, I’ll take you into Mot at least and carry you through for the 60/60 mods. I also have a few spares I’m happy to donate for other things just to give you a heads start (if you’re like me you don’t want everything for free as farming and winning the reward is part of the enjoyment!!).

Reference mission cycles - it is actually AABC. So to get the rarest rewards, you actually need to stay for four cycles. After four, extract and restart unless you’re in an endless for a specific reason (such as relic cracking). 

Most players will be happy so long as you’re upfront with your level and what you’re looking to achieve. 

Also as mentioned above, the other option is to simply go on trade chat and ask for free mods or ask if any veterans have a “starter pack”. 

53 minutes ago, zechsmachine said:

The gameplay is awesome, but there has to be a smarter way to get these items without just banging your head on the wall :)

Indeed there is.... you can trade for them with another player...

Also you can try farming Rotation C of every mission type that has one.... Defense is way too tedious.

51 minutes ago, Mez999 said:

Take Split Chamber for example. It drops in T3 Defense missions which are above your current level. Therefore you’ll either need a taxi or target the enemies with the drop chances. 

I mean he can go for a Mission where he doesn't have to kill anything.... although T3 Spy missions are extremely far off.