Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The waypoint system needs a bit of an update...

Satan

So I've been running a lot of solo missions for the Nightwave's and have continuously ran into this problem with the way point system. Whether there is a "simple fix" for this problem I still think that there needs to be some sort of overhaul, take Dead Space or the Division as an example. They both have a great WP system without the need to hop from room to room in order to get the way point to auto fix. Maybe it's time DE should start looking for another form of system in order to aid people to follow the objective route, I get that this may only be an issue in Exterminate missions but they are often still bugs in other's as well. NBSr6kR.jpg

Edited by --RV--Cannibal
  • Like 3

I have had the Waypoint turn me around easily 5-6 times in one room during an Exterminate Mission just trying to extract. I almost made it to one door only for it to move to the other. I actually gave up and just ran through one of them and found my way back to the entrance. This was while back (pre-PoE), but I still remember the frustration. There might have been a few fixes since then, but I still notice some of the behavior. Moral of the story: Remember which door you came through.

This, among other reasons is why I always keep the bigger version of the min-map on. (Except on landscapes, dear god, never there.)

Waypoints do need some work and I still wait for the day when we are allowed to set multiple.

PS: If there is one tile that simply does not know where the hell to place it's waypoints, it's got to be the Lua rescue mission onjective room. Whenever I haven't been there for a while and forget how to navigate through, it is a nightmare to get out of.

As I'm farming relics to get Equinox Prime, I've noticed this happening constantly in Void Capture missions (both before and after they convert to Exterminates on whatever random chance that is, and most of the time even when that doesn't happen). I've also noticed it on certain Corpus Planetary (eg: Venus nodes, not Fortuna) maps where one specific room tile has it break consistently.

It's starting to seriously impact my ability to actually play the game, as it places the waypoint marker on where the exit actually is from that room... but only in a straight line, and ignores all of the connecting tiles to get to that point. Sometimes, I have to backtrack 2 or 3 sections and go over a few rooms just to get it to update properly, and by that point I almost don't need it.

This is getting a bit out of hand, and feels godawfully unprofessional. I'd almost rather not have the marker there at all to be honest at this point, as it's provided no actual, useful data in actually finding my way out of the often maze-like layouts I keep running into.

EDIT: Old screenshot of the tile on Venus that breaks for me most often.

Edited by HappyHateBot
Dug up screenshot.