The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What challenges are acceptable?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

That's true, but I mostly meant spending time on a game.

Yeah, but I don't think that's the message DE wants to send with Nightwave. "Oh hey, we added this new system that wastes your time. Stop playing the game if you don't like it". Didn't work very well for Battlefield 5 if I remember correctly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I'd prefer it if the elites were harder less than tedious, honestly.

Like that 'Index but the enemy never scores' challenge. 3 Rounds was what stopped me doing that because, honestly, that's just padding. Otherwise, it's a fun and interesting challenge that takes an existing system and puts a spin on it. Kind of like that 'run an exterminate without being detected'.

Sure there are ways to cheese it, but even then you're being challenged to test your skills of understanding strategy and build-making by having to think of those methods instead of the method that's the most straightforward.

I didn't actually mind that one, I did it solo with Nova.

6 hours ago, Launcelotko said:

Personally, I am satisfied with everything and completely.

The only thing, tasks like "10 nightmares", "10 orders on the Plains" - would be enough for 5. 😉

Think this is one of my issues. The tedium of multiple missions but they're designed to be done over the course of a week so I guess that's why they are that way. Would still like it reduced though... 

9 минут назад, Valiant сказал:

Think this is one of my issues. The tedium of multiple missions but they're designed to be done over the course of a week so I guess that's why they are that way. Would still like it reduced though... 

Well, I would not say that for me this is really a "problem". I just don't need anything on the Plains personally, so it turns out that I go there only because of tasks, and in order not to walk a million times - I naturally do all ten at a time. It's boring and time consuming. ) 

As an example.

Edited by Launcelotko

Challenges that flow organically with ganeplay.

Play 3 Spy/Capture/Exterminate/Mobile Defense/Assassination Missions

Kill ___ enemies with ___ damage.

Kill ___ enemies undetected.

Kill ___ enemies with a ___ weapon.

Finish 3 Spy Missions undetected.

Complete an Extermination mission undetected.

Complete 3 rounds of Sanctuary Onslaught (Elite or Normal)

Complete 3 Bounties in The Plains of Eidolon/Orb Vallis. (3 is a fair number. 8 makes it wear out its welcome.)

Socket 1 Ayatan Treasure

Catch 10 Fish/Servofish (Fishing takes seconds.)

Mine ___ 10 times. (Mining takes seconds.)

Open 25 Lockers.

Scan 25 enemies.

Complete 1 mission with only a Melee/Secondary/Primary weapon

Open 3 Relics.

Complete 3 Nightmare missions.

I can go on.

Challenges that supplement gameplay are welcome as they inspire players to play specific content, but also rewards them for basic progression & simply playing the game; additionally those challenges are doable by ALL players (New & Vet).

There is a reason most games follow "The Rule of 3" & it's because you want a challenge/content/experience to be fun but not wear out its welcome. The "Do this 10 times" isn't a challenge it just becomes a chore. Which is why so many folks say they are not having fun. The highest a game really wants to push things is maybe 5. But 3 is the golden number, it's something DE needs to take to heart.

Do 3 Bounties/Missions/Conservations/Invasions & etc. Very few would truthfully complain. (Can't pleas everyone.)

All Nightwave needs to do is supplement gameplay & folks would stop raging to an extent.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Complete 3 Bounties in The Plains of Eidolon/Orb Vallis. (3 is a fair number. 8 makes it wear out its welcome.)

Socket 1 Ayatan Treasure

Open 25 Lockers.

Scan 25 enemies.

Open 3 Relics.

I can go on.

Challenges that supplement gameplay are welcome as they inspire players to play specific content, but also rewards them for basic progression & simply playing the game; additionally those challenges are doable by ALL players (New & Vet).

There is a reason most games follow "The Rule of 3" & it's because you want a challenge/content/experience to be fun but not wear out its welcome. The "Do this 10 times" isn't a challenge it just becomes a chore. Which is why so many folks say they are not having fun. The highest a game really wants to push things is maybe 5. But 3 is the golden number, it's something DE needs to take to heart.

Do 3 Bounties/Missions/Conservations/Invasions & etc. Very few would truthfully complain. (Can't pleas everyone.)

All Nightwave needs to do is supplement gameplay & folks would stop raging to an extent.

Please put this on the official feedback thread, I would appreciate changes with this philosophy in mind and DE might actually read it there.

9 hours ago, Test-995 said:

ESO is tedious, Almost everything is tedious or difficult to someone, but literal "play a game" and "login" shouldn't be problem for players.

9 hours ago, Test-995 said:

I'm sorry my warframe is only about ESO, those nightmare/fissure/invasion/sorties are not "play the game" for me.

OOPS, somebody screwed up. Maybe you just really can't be bothered doing the challenges and are making excuses.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Socket 1 Ayatan Treasure

Open 25 Lockers.

Scan 25 enemies.

Open 3 Relics.

I can go on.

That's all too easy. I want something hard, something FILTHY HARD. If not that then timed mission runs ie spy in under 3 minutes, Hydrolyst in under 12 minutes (pretty easy), that sorta thing. Why can't the game cater to what I want as well? Why does it all have to be effortless?

The best challenges are challenges that you can complete by playing along.

e.g. getting headshots, killing enemies with (elemental combo) damage, open locker, hack consoles x times, scan enemies.

Not something you have to go to recruit chat, cry for a certain frame, to get a proper squad.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

The best challenges are challenges that you can complete by playing along.

e.g. getting headshots, killing enemies with (elemental combo) damage, open locker, hack consoles x times, scan enemies.

Not something you have to go to recruit chat, cry for a certain frame, to get a proper squad.

Did you ever consider that players in good clans might actually relish group challenges? Does our opinion not matter?

Just now, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Then do them together, some of us don't want to have to be forced to group up to finish challenges we can solo.

Yes so why shouldn't some of the nightwave challenges cater to what you want and some of them to what I want?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Did you ever consider that players in good clans might actually relish group challenges? Does our opinion not matter?

Personally, I don't quite enjoy nightwave and I just want to do the challenges and then move on to do other things. I have never said group challenges are bad and should be get rid of.

I prefer something easy without proper coordination because it takes time, and I don't have much time to play this game because of work.

3 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Every single one of the element challenges, all I do I swap a couple mods on my ignis wraith and go do SO or ESO a few rounds and it’s done.

Oh me too mate, I just swap the mods on my peacemaker for the lazy stuff and do either a bounty 5 for the new relics or just do one of the missions for nightwave weeklys. I've been combining as many challenges into each mission as possible since the 1st day. Then I go back to my speedva for most of the normal mission requirements.

Edited by Zilchy

11 hours ago, (XB1)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

So basically you don’t want any challenges or rewards at all.

Cause none of those are challenges with worthwhile rewards to begin with?....

And at the point of where most long time players are on top of how janked damage scaling is in WF, is anything even a challenge?

Literally most if not all of the checklist in Nightwave is just one chore after another; which would've been fine if some of the set goal aren't so arbitrarily extended for no good reason aside from padding. People logged in for alerts just fine considering they can do it at their own pace, be it on higher level mob or otherwise. It's a goal, not a 3rd job whereas Nightwave felt exactly like the latter with pretty much minimal returns from the bloated level goal agenda.

It's never a challenge, it's a poorly designed player retention gimmick at best. Some people tried to spin the logic by saying that sticking with it IS the challenge but if that's the case then what is the endgoal for it all? A laughable armor set? 

xBVq5jt.gif

I wouldn't mind if they had at least 1 challenge a week that was much harder. Maybe something like what you'd see on a riven unlock challenge, but with set parameter and nightmare modifications. As an example: Do a defense mission with level 30 or higher enemies, melee only, and with no shields. I'd also try to exclude certain Warframes to stop it from being cheesed, if it can be helped.

2 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Please put this on the official feedback thread, I would appreciate changes with this philosophy in mind and DE might actually read it there.

Been there. Done that. Got torn to shreds by the Jackals...ahem...I mean...folks who think Nightwave is "Just Fine as it is. In fact we need more 1hr challenges & etc.".

But I am still trying to beat it into DE every chance I get. As I've got 6 newbies under my wing...their reaction & opinion over Nightwave has helped me keep my "veteran" mindset in check & has kept me very objective with all the chaos going on in Warframe.

@Zilchy
I know that those sound "easy" but one reason why Nightwave is getting such a rough reception is due to the "chore" feel challenges have.
While some members such as yourself (no offense) desire challenges that are balls to the wall hard, make em sweat, or back breaking in challenge, to the bulk of the community those challenges are a chore.
Systems like Nightwave have to thread the line between chore & fun, while remaining accessible.
DE found that the Hydrolyst & Profit Taker Challenges were NOT accessible in any way to a larger (than anyone on these forums will care to admit) percentage...bah...lets be blunt. The Majority of the Community. (Which spurred lots of the backlash as it was literally an "Impossible challenge")

Additionally, when Challenges disrupt gameplay, force specific playstyles, or turn a fun romp into a teeth grinding ordeal. The game ceases to be fun.
While veterans (such as us) might not mind it to an extent, to the bulk of the community who are use to the significantly less disruptive (gameplay, immersion, & ftime investment) Alert system, such challenges push them away from the game, burn them out on the game, & in the long run negatively impact the game.
Not saying what you desire is "bad". Just we have to constantly ask: "What is disruptive to the overall experience & what isn't."

As I read thread after thread after thread after thread after thread of Nightwave complaints.
The bulk of them all fall under 1 category: "Disruption of the Gameplay Experience"
IE: "My fun was halted/interrupted due to ___.", "I could no longer do ___ because I have Nightwave's ___ to worry about."

Nightwave has to walk cautiously. As once game's feel like a job (which some challenges do...) players start leaving in droves.
Many of Warframe's competitors are having this issue. (The Destiny 2 franchise especially.)

I'm rambling at this point. Hopefully I made sense. Not enough sleep, too many 12hr shifts, and not enough coffee at the time of this posting.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
  • Like 2