The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What challenges are acceptable?

I don't have a problem with the challenges for the most part. My axe to grind with Nightwave is that the way it's set up with all of the time sensitivity makes it so demanding. 

You have all these challenges to do, and they're all only available for a limited time, and there's a ton of pressure to do as many of them as you can, because The Wolf of Saturn Six is only here for a limited time, and we don't know exactly how long that time is, and if you miss too many of the challenges, then you mathematically can't get all of the rewards. And that's really what leaves a sour taste in my mouth. 

Like if it was just something I could do completely at my leisure and eventually get all the rewards, even if it took a year, that would be totally fine by me. What really rubs me the wrong way is the whole screw you if you have a couple weeks where life gets in the way and you can't play thing. 

Edited by Gurpgork

It's not so much "what challenges are acceptable" but how or where challenges are acceptable.

Nightwave is the replacement of alerts, one of the most basic game systems which previously - except for some required progression on the star map - had no barrier to entry. Everyone could do alerts and earn the rewards, you only needed the time/be there at the right moment and have access to the required mission. That's it.

As alerts are gone and Nightwave is the replacement, imho all of Nightwave should be doable by everyone.

There may be a need for additional challenges however, maybe building on top of/in addition to Nightwave. E.g., everyone should be able to earn the Wolf cred and finish reaching level 30 of Nightwave faction (or whatever you call it) and earn the associated rewards, the only difference being how long it takes one to do so.

For those wishing for additional challenges however, there should be Nightwave Hard mode or something. E.g., everyone should be able to get the one Umbral Forma tied to Nightwave progression. But it should be possible to earn additional Umbral Formas by completing additional, harder challenges which are not part of the basic Nightwave content/progression.

Edited by non_entity
  • Like 1