Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your thoughts on Tipedo Prime?

Edged

Hi tennos

Up until now I've seen disappointment about the Tipedo Prime and even as if it was dismissed and nobody even cares at all enough to make a post or a serious video, even in Youtube there are just a few, whereas Equinox Prime and Stradavar Prime abound, and it's not that Stradavar Prime is the most exciting and special weapon ever, it's cool, don't get me wrong, it's just that it's not a game defining weapon. Is there a Primary/Rifle bias? Are there too many Melee weapons and nobody cares? I don't know.

Anyway, I found myself loving the weapon since it hits so f*cking hard and fast, so I decided to get a great Riven and add it to my collection of weapons I tested (I did a video about that). I could go on for a bit to explain why it's so OP and I didn't see any video/post covering it, but I've already made a short video about it, so yeah, insert brazen self-publicity. Also, I killed a level 500 Dargyn Pilot in 3 seconds, at least you'll find the bug hilarious 

Spoiler

May RNGesus be with you

• Like 1

It was the greatest weapon of all time because of those amazing stats that would make my absolute favorite weapon in the whole game, Guandao, look like a wooden stick. Until I realized Tipedo is Stave and not a Polearm... So... Eh, trash... Waste of 270p on a riven lmao 😥

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

Since tipedo prime are affected with " that melee bug " too, i can test correctly. The bug: When you still ataking multiples enemies with melee it does the dmg supose to do, but at certain time some strange hapend it does not more than 200 dmg normally lower on same enemies same atacks.

hace 5 minutos, (XB1)Cubic Clem dijo:

MR fodder

Why? Is it too "weak"? Is it the short range? You don't like Staves stances?

hace 12 minutos, davej83 dijo:

Since tipedo prime are affected with " that melee bug " too, i can test correctly. The bug: When you still ataking multiples enemies with melee it does the dmg supose to do, but at certain time some strange hapend it does not more than 200 dmg normally lower on same enemies same atacks.

Do you have a link to a video/post? I haven't noticed any bug as of yesterday

hace 13 minutos, (PS4)Pauloluisx dijo:

It was the greatest weapon of all time because of those amazing stats that would make my absolute favorite weapon in the whole game, Guandao, look like a wooden stick. Until I realized Tipedo is Stave and not a Polearm... So... Eh, trash... Waste of 270p on a riven lmao 😥

That was a pretty cheap Riven for the Tipedo Prime, so I suggest you to watch the video to see what you can do with it, I wouldn't say it's trash 

Edited by Edged

7 minutes ago, Edged said:

That was a pretty cheap Riven for the Tipedo Prime, so I suggest you to watch the video to see what you can do with it, I wouldn't say it's trash 

Yes, I know. That's why I impulse bought the riven even before Tipedo was completed. And as I said the stats are amazing, so far from trash. It's just that I strongly dislike anything that is not polearms, and I've tried everything. Apart from guandao and a polearm infested status zaw, which are 99% of my melee gameplay, I only use redeemer prime for Profit Taker.

Though I must say that the latest changes are pretty neat. The wolf sledge is the first hammer I ever liked, along with Tatsu. And I hate hammers with a passion. My biggest hope for the melee 3.0 is really about making other weapons viable to me, who only likes a single melee type. It feels like it's doing its job, which is nice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

And I hate hammers with a passion.

Rabvee with a Shtung + Jai II with Berserker, Primed Fury, and Exodia Hunt is CC and Finisher Hell on enemies. And since Hammers excel on slam attacks and Finisher damage, Rabvee is technically best in class for controlling the map with melee.

• Like 1

hace 15 minutos, Edged dijo:

Do you have a link to a video/post? I haven't noticed any bug as of yesterday

No sorry, but i have notice this bug on all melee i use also, but with tipedo it jump at first lvls when used for first time.

2 minutes ago, Edged said:

I mean, like most Prime variants, specially in the melee category, the "Tiberon Primes" are more an exception than a rule

Tipedo Prime is generic. 

Drop to attack speed which was the primary benefit to the original Tipedo in favor of slightly increased overall damage, crit chance, crit damage multiplier, status chance.

It’s also an unfair comparison since it’s a staff but Zaw staffs are a thing.

If Tipedo Prime had a passive, then I would be impressed. Otherwise it can be a weapon that you use for a time and then neglect about it since it doesn’t have anything that would call you back to it.

• Like 1

hace 17 minutos, Ham_Grenabe dijo:

It's okay. Be better if it wasn't a staff; those stances are abominable (especially now). 

Yeah, the general somewhat "meh"/negative reaction leads me to believe that players hate Staves stances, it's just that I don't understand where does the hate come from, I mean, I hate Flailing Branch because it's incredibly weak (and I hate that DE puts it as the default Stance in several Staves), but Clashing Forest isn't, with a quick 3-times-hit and a guaranteed impact proc it hits quite respectably, and also has mobility with a knockdown

hace 9 minutos, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 dijo:

Tipedo Prime is generic. 

Drop to attack speed which was the primary benefit to the original Tipedo in favor of slightly increased overall damage, crit chance, crit damage multiplier, status chance.

It’s also an unfair comparison since it’s a staff but Zaw staffs are a thing.

If Tipedo Prime had a passive, then I would be impressed. Otherwise it can be a weapon that you use for a time and then neglect about it since it doesn’t have anything that would call you back to it.

The attack speed drop is non-existent, you wouldn't notice it tbh, even stacking a 30% AS over the berseker is barely noticeable.

52% base damage increase isn't a "slightly increased overall damage", specially paired with improved numbers for a Hybrid build (and this weapon really needs the status chance, only a 4% of status chance increase would make it much stronger due to the high amount of Status procs due to high AS)

Could you point to a Staff Zaw that you think is stronger/on par with Tipedo Prime? I'd like to try

And yeah, I don't even count the paused combo for a high AS weapon, I mean, you won't even be able to time it right most of the time lol

Edited by Edged

Just now, Edged said:

Clashing Forest isn't, with a quick 3-times-hit and a guaranteed impact proc it hits quite respectably, and also has mobility with a knockdown

Clashing Forest is great if you do the forward combo consistently. However, the basic melee combo and pause combo creates a mobility combo that can be inconvenient for CQC. Great for evasive play, but impractical when you want to apply dmg within a certain area at a certain time.

Flailing Branch in comparison is great in comparison if you want restricted mobility, but the combos are somewhat clunky since if you want to execute the pause combo you have to pause after the first strike. With most pause combos it’s after the second strike which is comfortable in comparison.

Comparing to Plague Keewar staff, for example, which was probably the strongest staff in the game so far, I think Tipedo Prime has slightly superior DPS, but less range. I think its a great melee weapon.

2 minutes ago, Edged said:

Yeah, the general somewhat "meh"/negative reaction leads me to believe that players hate Staves stances,

Staves aren't as popular as polearms and polearms have consistently been popular with the streamers and those who prefer windmilling and Spin2Win..but that doesn't mean they're not good...just a bit neglected.

Clashing forest is IMHO VASTLY better than any of the other staff or polearm stances when you've got an open map.  Reach doesn't do that much good if the edge of your reach keeps stopping or moves at a snail's pace. 

I also admittedly like that staves pushed me away from Spin2Win and kept me in my stance when I discovered Clashing Forest.  They give me more cathartic joy even if I might have to hit the mob an extra time or two.

Sadly the Tipedo Prime has the same reach issue the original Tipedo had.  The ranges of zaws keep staves somewhat competitive with polearms but the non-zaw staves are best used in corridors ATM (assuming that the Tipedo wasn't just overlooked)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Edged said:

Could you point to a Staff Zaw that you think is stronger/on par with Tipedo Prime? I'd like to try

And yeah, I don't even count the paused combo for a high AS weapon, I mean, you won't even be able to time it right most of the time lol

Plague Keewar is still technically stronger than Tipedo Prime, and it’s because you can potentially have 5 damage types on your melee over Tipedo Prime making it Condition Overload viable. The strike is Slash-focused, so if you plan on going for a status build you can expect Bleed procs to happen more consistently. However, for the most optimal weight for any Zaw the Jai II is the best option, making Blood Rush usable if you have the slot for it.

And because it’s a Zaw you can use Exodias. Exodia Hunt is undeniably the best arcane to use on Zaws, because whenever you slam you can CC enemies and vacuum them towards you. The effect on Exodia Hunt is also pretty odd since you only need to slam in order to activate the effect, meaning you can slam some distance away, walk toward the enemy, and the vacuum + opening to finishers effect will trigger. Of course, slam combos will profit more than stances without a slam combo, meaning Flailing Branch on a Staff Zaw would be more beneficial than Clashing Forest in this regard. Still, this is a matter of form factor and not an absolute necessity so choose whichever Staff stance you wish to use.

One other thing about the Plague Keewar: Since it’s a Zaw with another element attached to it (Viral), and since it’s Condition Overload viable, play around with Gas + Cold. With the potential to open enemies to finishers and getting your overall damage enhanced by Condition Overload, Gas procs on Finishers or headshots can be absolutely deadly. This is further emphasized if you execute a stealth finisher, meaning stealth frames can apply much more damage on finishers due to stealth multipliers. Cold procs can extend the duration of status effects, meaning Toxin and Bleed procs will be more effective when they happen. With this setup, as well as the potential to half enemy health with Viral, the Plague Keewar is still undeniably better than Tipedo Prime. Your only concern is armor, in which case using Corrosive Projection or Warframe abilities to strip armor is highly advised.

Another note to finish: Gas procs count as two-status ailments in one. The Gas AoE plume on the initial effect counts as one and the Toxin DoT counts as another. 😊 So if you do plan on running Gas + Cold, that’s 6 damage types plus one (7 total)  that Condition Overload can take advantage of.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23
Late edit on the last paragraph on how Gas + Cold counts as 3 elements.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaosSabre said:

The problem is not that the weapon is bad. The problem is that staff stances are pure garbage. Till quick melee got removed you'd just quick melee with those and that'd be the most optimal attack you could do. Sole reason I'm waiting for 3.0 is so stances besides Tempo Royale actually become good.

you have part right and the other part wrong and the last part is a pipe dream thinking DE can outdo melee 2.0<< we already hate auto block and the straight into melee combo.

the parts you got right<>The problem is that staff stances are pure garbage<>The problem is not that the weapon is bad< correction, coptering gave this weapon recognition mainly for its speed because it was always garbage

2 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

My only thought is, AkMagnus Prime when?

not soon enough. I just hope they don't release a single version and than make us wait 2 years or more for the Akimbo like they've done with Lex Prime and Vasto prime.. if it's got a dual-wield version, just prime the Dual-wield version! they did this with AkBolto Prime thank goodness. not sure which frame would bring it though.

also wanting Pandero Prime, fan that golden hammer!!

I thought all the primes except for equinox were pretty meh. Happy for anyone if they their favorite weapons but I think Stradavar suffers from the Tiberon prime coming first and having both its gimmick and just overall feeling more satisfying since it got make its impression ahead of it. The Tipedo I'll never touch again after I put a forma in it. They both needed either a new gimmick or just killer stats to make me do anything more with them and I was surprised the tipedo didn't come with something. I'm always surprised by what weapons they give a little something extra to and what weapons that don't need it but they give it to them anyway.

anyone else think it looks like a a hedge trimmer you know that one on the big stick you use for tall hedges? 

just big golden hedge trimmers on a stick 

slightly on topic i would like it if pole arm and stave stances could be interchanged since they both well sticks and nami solo can use both longsword and machete stances so it been done before

• Like 1