Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which frames need better passives?

Justo ahora, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario dijo:

I think Garuda could use a better passive, it does no good for her to be at such low health for a damage boost when majority of people play her as a tank and keep her topped off in terms of health and energy. Thats just my opinion though.

It wouldnt be that bad if the bonus damage boosted your modded damage, maybe a bit too op, but very rewarding

I personally detest Rhino's heavy slam thing because it really slows the pace of the game down and makes movement really awkward whenever you jump from high places (which happens pretty frequently). The passive of Inaros when he turns into the coffin is also pretty dumb and pointless.

Oberon defo could do with a better passive. His pets passive can easily go to Khora instead. There is nothing about Oberon that is very pets class

Chroma still doesn't have a passive as everyone pointed out.

NYX needs her old one back...

Titania's passive is thematic but useless for something that is going to fly everywhere anyway

The +50 health on Mesa gotta go

Trinity ... if you play her properly (not EV) you shouldn't need that passive

Nova, her AoE knockdown rarely CCs what you need to CC. It would be good if it also knocked down what knocked you down and you could cancel Ancient hook attacks or heavy unit slams.

Revenant ... if you lose shields on him there is something very wrong

Zephyr. This passive is so bad it is a nightmare modifier.

I love playing Zephyr, but the passive really needs to change.  It's thematic, but really annoying and mostly helps you get stuck when you're trying to navigate tight spaces.  Or causes enemy attacks that pop you into the air to leave you airborne for longer.  Plus you kinda need a moment to adjust when switching to her or away from her.  I think buffing her aim glide a a bit instead would be within theme and much more useful.

44 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Revenant ... if you lose shields on him there is something very wrong

Only times you'll be doing that is if you decide to use him in tandem with self-damage weapons since Mesmer Skin prevents him from getting killed from environmental or self-damage. I would say he's a better frame to use self-damage weapons than even Inaros.

5 hours ago, Librus_MT said:

I'd argue Frost, since... 10% chance to freeze a Melee attacker? Usually most Melee enemies don't get close enough, or when they do, a feeble 10% chance doesn't really help with shaking the horde off. Maybe if that was a 100% chance, or if it was more a chilling aura AOE around him that scaled with ability mods, or... just something that actually felt impactful.

I'd also concur that some passives are just mechanics and could actually be put off in their own classification. Limbo having different stats when in/out the Rift, Chroma getting some passive buff when hit by his respective damage type... These could be a lot better and just have more *impact*, since right now it feels like passive abilities aren't affected by mods, or are so small that if they are, it's difficult to tell. 

I had a cool idea (no pun intended). Make him be able to slide on his 2 augment to offset his abysmal sprint speed 😄

It would actually be easier to list those that had a decent passive rather than all those who need changing but lets see if we can do it. These guys need help:

• Banshee
  • Chroma
  • Ember
  • Equinox
  • Excalibur
  • Frost
  • Hydroid
  • Loki
  • Mag
  • Mesa
  • Mirage
  • Nova
  • Nyx
  • Oberon
  • Revenant
  • Rhino
  • Titania
  • Trinity
  • Valkyr
  • Wukong
  • Zephyr

So in case we were wondering that leaves these few with at least beneficial passives:

• Ash
  • Atlas
  • Baruuk
  • Gara
  • Garuda
  • Harrow
  • Inaros
  • Ivara
  • Khora
  • Limbo
  • Nekros
  • Nidus
  • Octavia
  • Vauban

So yeah, since passives were kind of an afterthought, and then slapped on in about a week, then not much considered since, we have a list like this. Where there are 30% more warframes with useless passives than warframes that actually benefit from it. These all have reasons, but it would take a good slice of forever to enumerate why. 

4 hours ago, BenaBean said:

I personally detest Rhino's heavy slam thing because it really slows the pace of the game down and makes movement really awkward whenever you jump from high places (which happens pretty frequently).

His passive doesn't affect the pace at all, heavy landings like that always happen regardless of the passive or having Heavy Impact equipped.

I'm on the fence if Zephyr's passive should be different. On the one hand, it's pretty fitting for her and the new directional slam has really made it less difficult to control landings, but on the other hand i feel a lot of people are pretty badly thrown off by her Luigi jump.

My choice would be Oberon, though. I don't want it to be replaced; rather, I want it improved so that it affects robotics, too. Yes, they're not technically "natural," but Oberon's other abilities affect them, so having a free revive for MOAs at least would be very nice.

Edited by Ryusuta

Out of all passives, Chroma is probably the worst. Changing energy color is not a passive, it’s a game mechanic. Equinox can change forms ingame, why not Chroma? 

I propose that Chroma’s passive is immunity to elemental damage that  matches his energy color.

Wouldn't mind frames having more than one passive. I'll have to check but don't excalibur and mesa technically have more than one or something? 

But chroma has been in need of a proper passive from the get go yet DE seem to keep ignoring it, almost as if they know better, until they finally accept the community was right 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Valiant

7 hours ago, (PS4)ZERO_ghost90 said:

It wouldnt be that bad if the bonus damage boosted your modded damage, maybe a bit too op, but very rewarding

It actually does straight up double all your damage and is insane on top of her bleeds. Worse yet, quick thinking builds are the tankiest builds for garuda because with 75% efficiency, one cast of bloodletting and you're back to 100% energy. With a spare blood altar sitting around or magus repair it's essentially garuda's personal bless.

Edited by Annnoth

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- Loki's is pointless, nobody uses wall latch and the only Spy Mission that makes good use of it is Pavlov, Lua, and nobody really runs Pavlov regularly. not sure what else would suit Loki though.

Hey man, that Loki passive is amazing for unlocking that one Riven challenge (you all know the one).

Off hand id say that these are some of the worst passives I've tried.

Mag: Whats the point of this one now that vacuum is literally everywhere? This needs to be replaced or enhanced as well, perhaps making it a weak short range pull that works against enemies.

Nyx: 20% chance to evade. Terrible as she gets downed very easily anyway, needs to be something else or significantly buffed.

Chroma: Does nothing but show his innate mechanic so he needs an actual passive.

Equinox: 2 health when picking up energy or 2 energy when picking up health. Also terrible because its so weak it might as well not exist. Either needs to be replaced or buffed.

14 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'd honestly add her to the beneficial list. It is good in general and it makes her the best conserver in Vallis.

I dunno pretty sure she has this ability in another ability. 

On 2019-04-09 at 12:44 PM, Alaeacus said:

Excalibur's passive is "ok", but completely inferior to Ash.  It makes no sense at all that Excalibur doesn't get a boost with weapons like Sword & Shield, as if he suddenly loses his proficiency when you put a shield in his left hand.  

I’m ok with Excalibur’s passive. Best defence is stab everyone with a sword.

15 hours ago, so_many_watermelons said:

His passive doesn't affect the pace at all, heavy landings like that always happen regardless of the passive or having Heavy Impact equipped.

True, but Rhinos passive is still redundant, triple redundant after melee 2.9999. With a ground stomp and aimable melee ground slams, Rhino doesn’t need a third slam attack. Increased attack speed with heavy melee would be cool. 

Reduced weapon recoils might also be nice, since he’s so big, but that might make more sense for Mesa.

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
Typo, new thots.

Rhino is the first that leaps to mind (although Revenant...yeah, those would be great, if he was useful in eidolon hunting). Rhino either needs that landing to actually affect enemies (like, for real affect enemies - knock a whole crowd flying) or he needs something else. 

Edit: as @(NSW)Sk0rp1on just pointed out, more slams are super redundant. So I'm all for "Something Else."

Edited by Ham_Grenabe