Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't switch weapons bug

(XBOX)Devo 20 XD 6

I was playing on an infested corpus ship tile set during which the wolf appeared. I was using my secondary weapon then switched to my archwing. Wolf downed me and after reviving I could not switch to any other weapon besides the one I had after reviving, which was my secondary weapon. I tried dying and reviving, going to operator mode and back, jumping off a cliff. Nothing worked I could not switch to any other weapon besides the currently equipped secondary for the rest of the mission.

On 2019-04-22 at 8:44 AM, (XB1)CertainLeader6 said:

Won't let me switch to melee weapon. I hold Y but it doesn't work. I can only use it if I press B, but can't use energy to increase performance. Had to turn over to exalted blade and murder the crap out of everything.

Holding Y does not switch to your melee weapon anymore since melee is getting an overhaul and changes have begun to be implemented for melee. You did figure out the new way to switch to melee by pressing B. The new default button on Xbox to channel for energy increasing performance is pressing the right joystick. Go into the controller settings in Warframe if you are still confused about melee or wish to change any buttons around to suit your needs.

On 2019-04-23 at 11:55 AM, (XB1)Devo 20 XD 6 said:

Holding Y does not switch to your melee weapon anymore since melee is getting an overhaul and changes have begun to be implemented for melee. You did figure out the new way to switch to melee by pressing B. The new default button on Xbox to channel for energy increasing performance is pressing the right joystick. Go into the controller settings in Warframe if you are still confused about melee or wish to change any buttons around to suit your needs.

Thanks. Next time I'm on, I'll check it out.

On 2019-04-24 at 7:55 PM, (XB1)kwikschitz said:

I can't switch weapons at all.  Restarted xbox twice and controller three times. Its not my y button, it works in the ship.  x button is double tapping and so it the d pad.  This made the Sorti complete hell tonight.  Worked fine before the patch.

This sounds like a way bigger problem than what this topic is originally about. If I were you I would contact support.

18 hours ago, (XB1)kwikschitz said:

The problem went away the next day.  However, another tuesday update rolls around and it is back at it.  Right and Left bumpers move two spaces each bump, no down on left stick for run and cannot switch weapons again.  WTH?

I find that shortly after an update is when the game gets the most buggy for me. I have not experienced what you are describing though. Only thing I can think of is to see if the controller set up options in your game are out of wack. Then I would contact support.

On 2019-04-23 at 11:55 AM, (XB1)Devo 20 XD 6 said:

U was right. I find the right joystick to channel energy to be very meddlesome, since I'm the type of player that goes in guns blazing.

• 1 month later...

I have access to my primary and melee weapon, but can't switch to my secondary while Paris is equipped. I first noticed this problem after switching from a mining or fishing tool to my melee, then to a gun, and was seemingly stuck on my primary. That was a day or two ago, and it's only gotten more frequent since. 

On 2019-06-18 at 10:32 PM, (XB1)Ultrus Magna said:

I have access to my primary and melee weapon, but can't switch to my secondary while Paris is equipped. I first noticed this problem after switching from a mining or fishing tool to my melee, then to a gun, and was seemingly stuck on my primary. That was a day or two ago, and it's only gotten more frequent since. 

................... Make sure you have your best primary equipped?