Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dividing Up Nullifiers

Somnia

Considering nullifiers are an ever controversial topic, I've figured one solution would be to distill it
down into the multiple roles it serves in combat, separating it into several units; simpler parts more
easily digested by players while still allowing the units to serve their function in gameplay.
This could also ease any future balance changes on these individual components.

• The Pry: unit immune to CC, grants immunity to CC for its allies within a visible aural space. (This aura would provide no additional protections, and does not shut down active warframe abilities nor their effects on a warframe.)
  • The Bubble Shield: unit granting protection from harm to its allies within a bubbled space. The bubble must be weakened and destroyed to proceed with the timely death of all inside. (The Pry and Bubble Shield units could still be consolidated as a single enemy unit; the bigger change comes with our third unit below)
  • The Scrambus Channeler: unit that channels a broad beam of energy at Tenno that slows warframes caught within it and disables their active abilities while within. This would be the tech used on Valkyr Prime in her trailer; though it should be more mobile than that iteration, something that doesn't have to be carted around. (Alternatively, Scrambus and Comba units could also see more use)

Edited by Oaxs

3 minutes ago, Oaxs said:

Considering nullifiers are an ever controversial topic, I've figured one solution would be to distill it
down into the multiple roles it serves in combat, separating it into several units; simpler parts more
easily digested by players while still allowing the units to serve their function in gameplay.

• The Pry: unit immune to CC, grants immunity to CC for its allies within a visible aural space. (This aura would provide no additional protections, and does not shut down active warframe abilities nor their effects on a warframe.)
  • The Bubble Shield: unit granting protection from harm to its allies within a bubbled space. The bubble must be weakened and destroyed to proceed with the timely death of all inside. (The Pry and Bubble Shield units could still be consolidated as a single enemy unit; the bigger change comes with our third unit below)
  • The Scrambus Channeler: unit that channels a broad beam of energy at Tenno that slows warframes caught within it and disables their active abilities while within. This would be the tech used on Valkyr Prime in her trailer; though it should be more mobile than that iteration, something that doesn't have to be carted around. (Alternatively, Scrambus and Comba units could also see more use)

Don't wanna sound snarky but this is about. 3 years too late

Or you know, make them a rare enemy that is the Corpus Equivalent of the Nox, equipped with heavy corpus armor and powerful weapons, ready to kill the S#&$ out of you when the spawn.

This will reduce their spawn rate by a lot, so no more room bubbling, but then they will sponge your bullets and they won't die easy.

On 2019-04-09 at 8:32 PM, Oaxs said:

This could also ease any future balance changes on these individual components.

You've brought a thought into my head of just making the enemy tougher but not invasive towards our abilities to the point where it's frustrating. 

I think arbitration shield drones are a perfect example here. They provide invulnerability to their allies but I like them SO MUCH MORE then nullifiers and energy leech eximus units. The reason why is because they don't disable your abilities, but nullify their effect on their allies. So it's not frustrating to the point where you lose your powers that keep you alive but instead it prevents offensive abilities from working on affected enemies.

And I think that's how they could change nullifiers. I'd be fine with every single corpus unit being a nullifier if they don't disable my defensive warframe abilities that protect me, it'd be fine if they disable my offensive abilities that kill enemies.

Edited by ArachnidOverlord