Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status duration is a useless stat currently

IronKing24

in real high leave its kill or be killed if that napalm/bombard lives for 1 second he will 1 shot the player so you cant say "oh let slash/toxin/fire deal with him" and most "godly" rivens take status duration as a dump stat.

i think status duration should brolong a weapons unique ability like dual toxocyst,ballastica prime,zanisar, ogris nightwatch napalm ect...  

it might not save that stat for all the weapons but it would surely get some people to change up some builds its sad that most (99%) of my weapons have the same build for lack of interesting ways to build them 

Status isnt useless.... to a degree, there are some statuses that have little to no use compared to what others can do. 
(Looking at Magnetic just sitting there collecting dust). Anyways, to contribute to the ITT, Stat duration is one as useful as the status youre using. Most statuses in game perform better when applied on hit rather than over time.

1 hour ago, BenaBean said:

I highly doubt that something that's been in the game for years like this is going to be re-done. Status is definitely not useless

1 hour ago, Gawizard said:

*boop*

Go back and read what he actually said. He's not talking about status. He's talking about status duration. A little reading comprehension never hurt anyone.

Edited by -QUILL_PETER-

Status duration on slash weapons is actually a straight DPS boost matter a fact so I would not say it is useless. My Sobek riven has SD and it makes it even stronger especially when you consider the damage and multishot it has as well. So it is not a useless stat, it is just a situational one.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Status duration on slash weapons is actually a straight DPS boost matter a fact so I would not say it is useless. My Sobek riven has SD and it makes it even stronger especially when you consider the damage and multishot it has as well. So it is not a useless stat, it is just a situational one.

Im Assuming that the Slash being "a DPS Boost" Part is due to the target surviving long enough for the status to deal its damage but i can agree on your point is situational.
But then again, isnt the point of the game is to kill as fast as possible while looking as good as possible?

• Like 3

Even for a slash weapon, status duration is more or less useless imo because it is not a dps boost. It does not change the damage per tick, just the total damage from all the ticks. You use slash because you can kill something in 5 seconds or less without resorting to armor stripping. If a slash procs took 8 ticks to kill, wouldn't it be better to use a different build or a different weapon?

If status duration affected the frequency of ticks, that would be a dps increase. I'd actually be interested in a mod that increases the frequency of ticks but not the number i.e. 1 tick per 0.5 sec for a total of 3 seconds instead of 6.

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Gawizard:

Status isnt useless.... to a degree, there are some statuses that have little to no use compared to what others can do. 
(Looking at Magnetic just sitting there collecting dust). Anyways, to contribute to the ITT, Stat duration is one as useful as the status youre using. Most statuses in game perform better when applied on hit rather than over time.

When your first two slash ticks won't kill your target you deal to few damage at high levels. Status Duration buffing is a waste of a skill.

When straight-up damage power-gap-booster options exist, and when there's limited mod slots to factor in, yes, Status Duration is an inferior choice each and every time.

It's an interesting idea that does not fit in with how DE has been kicking the power gap modding problem down the road and gradually making the problem bigger and bigger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotDaijoubu said:

Even for a slash weapon, status duration is more or less useless imo because it is not a dps boost. It does not change the damage per tick, just the total damage from all the ticks. You use slash because you can kill something in 5 seconds or less without resorting to armor stripping. If a slash procs took 8 ticks to kill, wouldn't it be better to use a different build or a different weapon?

If status duration affected the frequency of ticks, that would be a dps increase. I'd actually be interested in a mod that increases the frequency of ticks but not the number i.e. 1 tick per 0.5 sec for a total of 3 seconds instead of 6.

I agree with you on the slash tick affected by stat duration. Would make my -sd rivens useful since you can get like all slash ticks in like 1-2 seconds

It has some niche uses. I use it on my Mutalist Cernos because certain effects lasting a long time is helpful. It makes a solid crowd control weapon for things like Bow-only Sorties. Cold and Radiation procs can last quite a while with it. Is it required? Hardly. But it can be useful sometimes.

I honestly wish more status effects benefited from it. Several do not like Impact, Blast, Fire(the CC effect), and maybe others I'm forgetting. If it kept enemies on the floor longer after a Blast proc that could be pretty cool.

• Like 3

i understand that -100% status duration is bad because it will nullify some status effects but you still gain nothing from +100% or loss nothing from a -90% because with a 100% status weapon or a high fire rate weapon you can apply status all day and the argument for slash is only valid in low level areas, with high armor and high health pool enemies will kill you before fire/toxin/slash could hurt/kill them 

Edited by IronKing24

Naw. Status Duration is useful.

It's unfortunate not every weapon type has access to a good mod for it. Only Melee and Primaries are worth using at 110% and 100% respectively. The others aren't high enough. You have to use Status Duration differently as a DPS source. This is obviously mostly for Bleed / Gas builds. You hit the target a few times then you run off to the next target. You don't stand there beating on it till it's dead. Get a feel for how many procs it'll take to down an enemy based on level range.

When it comes to Bleed these are generally pure physical damage weapons. No Viral / Corrosive.

Defensive measures are a different subject for the most part. Some frames can wait all day if they want for enemies to die others can't afford to but that doesn't have much to do with offensive value of +%Status Duration. Not universally good but still good in the right conditions.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, IronKing24 said:

in real high leave its kill or be killed if that napalm/bombard lives for 1 second he will 1 shot the player so you cant say "oh let slash/toxin/fire deal with him" and most "godly" rivens take status duration as a dump stat

Fire, electric, cold, radiation impact and puncture procs all CC. Freeze that Bombard for longer or leave them shooing at their side for longer, etc can be useful.

Viral procs are a special case - multiple procs don't get you anything, but duration keeps that target at half health for longer so you can kill them with something else.

It is very situational - you'd just about always rather have more procs than longer procs, so it's not a particularly useful stat, it's just not quite useless.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

Go back and read what he actually said. He's not talking about status. He's talking about status duration. A little reading comprehension never hurt anyone.

I still disagree. You don't have to insult me because I did not put status duration and left the second part out.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Fire, electric, cold, radiation impact and puncture procs all CC. Freeze that Bombard for longer or leave them shooing at their side for longer, etc can be useful.

Puncture is a damage debuff and doesn't seem to cc the target at all unless I'm missing something.

6 hours ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

I honestly wish more status effects benefited from it. Several do not like Impact, Blast, Fire(the CC effect), and maybe others I'm forgetting. 

Corrosive, infinite dur unaffected by status dur

I kinda wish they didn't unless they remove -status dur from rivens or at least buff the status duration mods for shotguns and pistols

56 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Puncture is a damage debuff and doesn't seem to cc the target at all unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, puncture's a very weak proc. Still, you can nerf the damage of a lot of enemies and extending that increases survivability so sort of CCish I guess. Happy to rescind it.

Rest of the point remains: duration is super situational, not very useful but not quite useless.

• 4 years later...