Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well... that was an experience (a.k.a. return of the newb)

skyfiredraco

Hey all. Just had an interesting time in game and thought it'd make for a semi-amusing story.

A little backstory on me and warframe: I started on ps4 several years ago. Warframe popped up as a "suggested" game and i gave it a try. I liked it, but didn't get into it much. Put about 40 hours into it and basically didn't do a whole lot.

Then i switched to PC and something clicked. Now i'm MR19 (with enough gear for about 21 if i remember right... haven't gone hydron grinding in awhile lol) and 600+ hours in PC. I know that isn't any sort of special thing for around here, but i can at least say i have MOST of what i want. Hundreds of weapons. Dozens of frames (and a lot of primes). Prime mods. Lots of pets. Cleared the starmap/quests and ground enough arbitrations to get adaptation.

You get the idea.

So i was talking to a friend/coworker about some games last week and mentioned warframe and he chimed in that he'd tried it out before and was curious if i wanted to squad up sometime. Sounded like fun.

Enter tonight, first night off at the same time. And i log in (after a 40 gig update lol).

PS4 is MR7...

I have exalibur, rhino, frost.

About 5 weapons in each slot.

No mods maxed and most of the basics not there (Serration? Check... at 90% with no more endo... Split chamber? Never heard of it... /cry).

Nothing forma'd. No forma to use.

Star map is only clear up about halfway through saturn (no second dream). Cetus and Fortuna haven't even been visited (let alone making my zaw/catchmoon...).

I feel... WEAK... lol.

But then i noticed the gift of the lotus things are still up for only a few more hours. I've had all this for awhile on PC... on ps4? None.

I also remember that the Dex weapons are not only fully built when unlocked, but already potatoed.

Me and my buddy had something to do for the night lol.

Title drop: That was an experience. Lol.

Defense target that likes to bum rush enemies when we don't have any sort of decent aoe making us fail twice with him dying? Check

Exterminate mission using only secondaries when all you really have is a level 27, unforma'ed Lex? Check

Survival that hits 11 minutes (out of 15) and chain spawns energy leeching extremis? That has me run screaming for the hills several times to heal/regen/etc.? That are LEVEL SEVENTEEN? Check

It took multiple full combos to kill anything with a galantine rocking a maxed pressure point... DAMAGED... pressure point...

That was harrowing. That was sweaty. I was bouncing away from mobs just to get enough energy to put up iron skin (which they promptly re-shredded).

i don't think i've had that much fun in warframe in quite awhile 😛

I'm honestly debating hanging up my pc version for a little while (not forever of course, i love this game and my clan to much for that) and starting to grind out some basics again. Hell, i'm even considering spending money... i'm happily farming equinox prime and kinda feel "meh" about the stradavar and tipedo primes (even though stradavar is one of my favorite rifles). Giving some serious thought to buying the prime pack on ps4 so i can start rebuilding my maim equinox with those two weapons to start with. Not sure yet there.

Have to fish around for a clan to at least get/build my ignis wraith and amprex.

The point being... i have SO MUCH TO DO.

On PC i have a few prime mods that need maxed still. I log in to check on Baro. I try out a new weapon whenever Leyzar puts up a vid on something i haven't tried before. Etc. But i haven't really had any overarching goals in the game for a long time.

Now i still gotta get back to the friggen second dream/war within areas lol. I need MR desperately but i A: don't even have access to hydron yet and B: have no bloody weapons to level lol. Time to work on that.

So... an interesting night really. And gives me a bit of perspective i think.

How about you guys? Ever try a different platform just for giggles? Start back over and enjoy it because you have something to grind for again in a (fun) grind game?

Just curious what any discussion might drop from this. And if nothing else it should be amusing to some people when you might think about how you'd react to dropping into a mission with almost nothing and realizing you have to run from packs of level 17 extremis mobs... lmao...

Cheers Tenno 🙂

Edited by skyfiredraco

I wouldnt start playing the game if i was completely new. Too much to handle at once and too much grind and content to go through, its like starting to play WoW in 2019, isnt really gonna happen unless you have no life and 24 hours of time everyday and you dont get bored. I wouldnt even start a new account, i still have plenty to grind through on my main. Personally i wouldnt find it much refreshing to have weak weapons against the level scaling of this game. I would find refreshing if the game had better scaling on enemies. I play the game for fun on my main (outside of annoying grinding,->k drives looking at you).

Something I have noticed is that new players will interacts much more heavily whit the game, specially whit the upcoming Gas City and Tutorial rework.

New player get to experience things from the point they are "meant" to, while most vets dont feel affected by things like Fortuna and the Orbs, but new players ? Oh boy. I still remember wen I joined, Chains of Harrow was brand new, I remember entering Venus and asking myself who were the enemy's there (since we get Grineers on earth I though Corpus would be human allies, I was wrong), if I had Fortuna then I might have been more clear who I was fighting, same for Cetus, having it back then would explain why killing them was important apart from they stuck a metal cyst on my leg, the story always confused me back then, specially since some Alad V lore is stuck behind events that have never been re-done, but new players being introduced to Sentients starting from Jupiter opens them up to lore much easily and will make it able for them to understand whats up whit Alad V and all.

If PS4 name change doesn't happen I might create an Alt just to experience the new tutorial (unless DE makes everyone replay the tutorial XD)

22 minutes ago, skyfiredraco said:

Hey all. Just had an interesting time in game and thought it'd make for a semi-amusing story.

A little backstory on me and warframe: I started on ps4 several years ago. Warframe popped up as a "suggested" game and i gave it a try. I liked it, but didn't get into it much. Put about 40 hours into it and basically didn't do a whole lot.

Then i switched to PC and something clicked. Now i'm MR19 (with enough gear for about 21 if i remember right... haven't gone hydron grinding in awhile lol) and 600+ hours in PC. I know that isn't any sort of special thing for around here, but i can at least say i have MOST of what i want. Hundreds of weapons. Dozens of frames (and a lot of primes). Prime mods. Lots of pets. Cleared the starmap/quests and ground enough arbitrations to get adaptation.

You get the idea.

So i was talking to a friend/coworker about some games last week and mentioned warframe and he chimed in that he'd tried it out before and was curious if i wanted to squad up sometime. Sounded like fun.

Enter tonight, first night off at the same time. And i log in (after a 40 gig update lol).

PS4 is MR7...

I have exalibur, rhino, frost.

About 5 weapons in each slot.

No mods maxed and most of the basics not there (Serration? Check... at 90% with no more endo... Split chamber? Never heard of it... /cry).

Nothing forma'd. No forma to use.

Star map is only clear up about halfway through saturn (no second dream). Cetus and Fortuna haven't even been visited (let alone making my zaw/catchmoon...).

I feel... WEAK... lol.

But then i noticed the gift of the lotus things are still up for only a few more hours. I've had all this for awhile on PC... on ps4? None.

I also remember that the Dex weapons are not only fully built when unlocked, but already potatoed.

Me and my buddy had something to do for the night lol.

Title drop: That was an experience. Lol.

Defense target that likes to bum rush enemies when we don't have any sort of decent aoe making us fail twice with him dying? Check

Exterminate mission using only secondaries when all you really have is a level 27, unforma'ed Lex? Check

Survival that hits 11 minutes (out of 15) and chain spawns energy leeching extremis? That has me run screaming for the hills several times to heal/regen/etc.? That are LEVEL SEVENTEEN? Check

It took multiple full combos to kill anything with a galantine rocking a maxed pressure point... DAMAGED... pressure point...

That was harrowing. That was sweaty. I was bouncing away from mobs just to get enough energy to put up iron skin (which they promptly re-shredded).

i don't think i've had that much fun in warframe in quite awhile 😛

I'm honestly debating hanging up my pc version for a little while (not forever of course, i love this game and my clan to much for that) and starting to grind out some basics again. Hell, i'm even considering spending money... i'm happily farming equinox prime and kinda feel "meh" about the stradavar and tipedo primes (even though stradavar is one of my favorite rifles). Giving some serious thought to buying the prime pack on ps4 so i can start rebuilding my maim equinox with those two weapons to start with. Not sure yet there.

Have to fish around for a clan to at least get/build my ignis wraith and amprex.

The point being... i have SO MUCH TO DO.

On PC i have a few prime mods that need maxed still. I log in to check on Baro. I try out a new weapon whenever Leyzar puts up a vid on something i haven't tried before. Etc. But i haven't really had any overarching goals in the game for a long time.

Now i still gotta get back to the friggen second dream/war within areas lol. I need MR desperately but i A: don't even have access to hydron yet and B: have no bloody weapons to level lol. Time to work on that.

So... an interesting night really. And gives me a bit of perspective i think.

How about you guys? Ever try a different platform just for giggles? Start back over and enjoy it because you have something to grind for again in a (fun) grind game?

Just curious what any discussion might drop from this. And if nothing else it should be amusing to some people when you might think about how you'd react to dropping into a mission with almost nothing and realizing you have to run from packs of level 17 extremis mobs... lmao...

Cheers Tenno 🙂

Nice story! Glad to see switching platforms seems to have rekindled your love of the game.

It is a much-debated problem, that when players have all the gear, the game loses its challenge and therefore interest.

To be honest I'm a dedicated PC player and have no real wish to get another console (had a Playstation 1 way back when). But I'm a casual gamer with limited time to play, so it takes me forever to get anything done anyway. So I still have loads to do after 18 months and just over 300 log in days.

I've done this same thing, although on purpose on the same platform.

Had a friend that started playing and I wanted to be at his level so I wouldn't ruin the game for him.

It was loads of fun. The flow of the game as a new player is completely different.

I'd recommend everyone trying that at least once, especially during drought times when there's not much to do.

I undertsand the OP experience.

I started an alt account to play with my son and farming everything from scratch give things valor (oh god it was a relief to obtain a non broken Hornet Strike!!).

Not only being squischy, dont have mods, ressources, credits but not even a decent place to farm things or affinity.

I feel weak and need be reactive to not be killed.

Finish a interception mission when enemies reset tower faster that you can kill them was challenging.

Yeah i have fun.

Even start a little personnal dojo to have acces to some gear and weapons.

Baza is soooo far for my newbie alt...

It give me a little different look to the Warframe experience.

Honestly, it's less hard that the first time (and some things like just a little wolf cred to obtain some nitain or a corrosive projection make things more accessible for new players) but the feeling of pourpose are very rewarding.

I return to my main and try to do things that i skip.

Rediscover some warframes, do missions that i dont really mastered etc.