Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brutal Tide stance combos are terrible

HalidarSilvercloud

So I farmed the Korrudo blueprint, got it, crafted it, equipped it and happily went to try it out....and since quick melee doesn't exist anymore, I realized the Brutal Tide stance combos are absolutely terrible. I press melee once, my frame shoots forward missing my intended target. I press melee two times, my frame is locked in place dancing capoeira for 30 minutes 😆 That's enough time for a heavy to shoot most frames to death. If the first enemy I'm targeting dies, I'm stuck dancing anyway, doing no damage to anyone, waiting for the dance performance to end :laugh: so I can reposition to attack another enemy. I tried to cancel with roll, crouch, nothing.

How are my fellow players dealing with this stance? Are new stance combo movements still coming with melee 3.0? Please say yes :sadcry:

• Like 1

I feel like with a lot of old stances that DE at the time had less an idea of what was practical and more just wanted to make flashy combos that looked practical in an isolated render. I find it stunning that over the course of 6 years DE's released 4 unique sparring weapons and not a single one of them is compatible with Grim Fury by default.

It's best to just forma the stance polarity for Grim Fury, its combos are in-line with the old quick melee it had.

I'm fine with the stance, it brings something different both in flavour and usefulness. If I am going up against enemies that move a lot or who tend to pull back then I won't be relying as much on a brutal tide weapon, but it's quite good in other situations like against infested enemies or other rush situations. Bring the right weapon to the situation is really the thing, no weapon should or would fit everything equally well and you do always have the option to repolarise to use a different stance.