Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(NSW) Mouse and Keyboard

xMarvin732

I have a Feedback to make towards the Nintendo Switch Version of Warframe because its been bugging me for a while not to write about it.

I like the portability of the Switch and since Warframe got released on there i thought i will give it a try.
I got my PC Account up to date in Progress and waited till the Migration ends and migrated my PC Account close till the end of the Migration Window so it isnt too much out of sync.
It was my first experience trying out Warframe on the Controller and i immediately saw it was a huge mess for me as a Mouse & Keyboard Player.
The aim is so inaccurate, you constantly need to check with the left stick to aim on the enemies and in that way you are more focussed on aiming constantly than focussing on the environment and the enemies and you ent up getting killed easily.
Sorties are normally very easy on the PC naming one Example:
Spy Sorties (or Rescue Sorties too),hacking the Consoles in Spy and Rescue or in generally all Missions with Alarms is problematic,since you cant use any ciphers in Sorties.
You need to aim very precisely and just a little bit too much movement of the Stick can mess it up, moving around in the Mission like bullet jumping and with the movement of the Camera is kind of messed up too, i havent tried fishing and mining on there yet so i cant say much to that.
Is there a way just like the Warframe Version for the PS4 and the Xbox One Version has, to implement the Mouse and Keyboard Support? it would make playing the Game way easier For Eidolon Hunts, Orb Vallis Bosses and in generally playing the game and maybe it would probably get more players too considering how dead it can be in the missions or Trading Chat.

• 1 month later...

I hope it is somewhat okay to revive my own Thread, played switch and PC and the difference is very huge! its kind of a turn off to get online on the Waframe Switch version and having the migrated account and the PC Account being at a huge difference in progress.

I mean, this is just a pc vs console thing. This is the same issue you would have with any other game that is on both platforms. Think of Diablo. Clicking with a mouse is one way, the joysticks are the other way. There isn't anything DE can do about this. This would be Nintendo adding mouse and keyboard support in the first place, then warframe supporting it.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb SECURATYYY:

I mean, this is just a pc vs console thing. This is the same issue you would have with any other game that is on both platforms. Think of Diablo. Clicking with a mouse is one way, the joysticks are the other way. There isn't anything DE can do about this. This would be Nintendo adding mouse and keyboard support in the first place, then warframe supporting it.

The Problem is we cant just say, hey Nintendo can you add this and that feature? i think DE needs to tell Nintendo about the Feature and see if they are able to add it.

Not gonna happen my dude. DE saying it is just as effective as you saying it.

Even if you could, hooking a mouse and keyboard up to a switch kind of defeats the purpose.

Consoles have wanted mouse/keyboard compatibility for ages now. Aside from the unfair advantage you'd have over those with controllers, there are a multitude of issues that would happen.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb SECURATYYY:

Not gonna happen my dude. DE saying it is just as effective as you saying it.

Even if you could, hooking a mouse and keyboard up to a switch kind of defeats the purpose.

Consoles have wanted mouse/keyboard compatibility for ages now. Aside from the unfair advantage you'd have over those with controllers, there are a multitude of issues that would happen.

i mean, Warframe is mostly Co-Op , i dont know any who plays the PvP content but Warframe feels more like a PC game to me due to how annoying the controls are and how slow the reaction is to kill the enemies, i have 0 Problem with ESO on PC and can easily do the Waves but on Switch its very annoying to get it done.

On 2019-04-10 at 9:24 PM, xMarvin732 said:

Is there a way just like the Warframe Version for the PS4 and the Xbox One Version has, to implement the Mouse and Keyboard Support?

I feel like this is on Nintendo instead of DE. Our console doesn't even support native chat on the system level let alone support for keyboard controls in game. 

While you are on the topic of sortie spy mission, mod like Intruder helps immensely. If worse comes to worst, you still have air support from Liset. There are more practical ways to overcome the problem than hoping for keyboard controls. 

Edited by (NSW)Lunavay